0 0%
  • >1000 jins

0 0%
  • Much Greater Than 1000 jins

1 100.00%
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I am not trying to take away your fun from discussing and talking about Jin Yong novels. I think some readers, like me, have learnt that there isn’t a neat, mathematical or physical formula to make fictitious martial arts factual and logical. It is quite paradoxical to use fictious evidence and literary devices to prove something factual. You are using fiction as fact.

With that said, I agree with Oscar Wilde when he wrote:” "Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life". But we can’t use actual physics to normalize feats of Xiao Feng, Guo Jing and/or Yang Guo; no matter how much we love those characters and to use those fictitious facts to prove that one character is more powerful than another.

We (as the readers or members of this forum) can discuss various fictious feats and enjoy that, but you cannot write that it is fact or canon. It only is canon when Louis Cha writes it, and/or endorses it. Maybe the Jin Yong Estate will publish notes that he had on these matters and they can be accepted by the community as canon. Even if you are right, you have maybe convinced some on this forum, but it is still neither fact nor canon.

Maybe if you hedge it a little more in your language, there could be more discussion and participation from other members to indulge in a thread like this. Now, there is little room for discussion, because it becomes pointless as you write with so much certainty on something that is purely fictional.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever in this post and I apologize if it sounds patronizing. It is NOT meant to be patronizing.

(I am trying to reach 2000 posts without spamming and trolling; maybe this summer I will finally reach 2000 posts).
    Since my Pre-Algebra calculations did not persuade anyone, I wanted to use actual science to show that Yang Guo with the wooden sword must have exerted a greater force than the ocean's wave to repel it, which is ~1000 kg or 1667 catties.

Good luck with the 2000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Since my Pre-Algebra calculations did not persuade anyone, I wanted to use actual science to show that Yang Guo with the wooden sword must have exerted a greater force than the ocean's wave to repel it, which is ~1000 kg or 1667 catties.

Good luck with the 2000 posts
    We can go by author/plot intent OR by 'actual science' or wuxia math.

Since you mentioned actual science, then please note that in actual science, 1000kg or 1667 catties is a mass/weight, not a force. Which I have stated TWICE in two posts above.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I think the section quoted above is a great piece of wuxia writing, describing Yang Guo's advancement to stratospheric levels of power really well. It's amazing that he went from being totally dominated by the big bird to pwning it.

That said, no doubt the other top experts would have been able to resist the waves with their inner power too - it's just that they were never described as being in such a situation.

----------

One day they were practicing and in his enthusiasm Yang Guo hacked the Condor with all his might. The Condor dodged his attack; as a result his wooden struck a tree nearby. Both the tree trunk and his sword were broken. Yang Guo told himself, “This wooden sword was a lot weaker than the tree trunk. If I could break the trunk without breaking my wooden sword, only then I would approach Master Dugu’s skill.”

This happening before rather than after Yang Guo had made great improvements in power and control six years later is such a tease!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patudo View Post
    I think the section quoted above is a great piece of wuxia writing, describing Yang Guo's advancement to stratospheric levels of power really well. It's amazing that he went from being totally dominated by the big bird to pwning it.

That said, no doubt the other top experts would have been able to resist the waves with their inner power too - it's just that they were never described as being in such a situation.

----------

One day they were practicing and in his enthusiasm Yang Guo hacked the Condor with all his might. The Condor dodged his attack; as a result his wooden struck a tree nearby. Both the tree trunk and his sword were broken. Yang Guo told himself, “This wooden sword was a lot weaker than the tree trunk. If I could break the trunk without breaking my wooden sword, only then I would approach Master Dugu’s skill.”

This happening before rather than after Yang Guo had made great improvements in power and control six years later is such a tease!!!
    Welcome to the Wuxia threads Patudo!

Quote Originally Posted by Patudo View Post

----------

I think only Jinlun Fawang and Yang Guo with the wooden sword/HIS are capable of exerting this much power, ~1000 kg or 1667 catties.
    I do not imagine the old Greats or ZBT exceeding 1000 catties.
    Post-16 Guo Jing might have also exceeded 1000 catties.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    We can go by author/plot intent OR by 'actual science' or wuxia math.

Since you mentioned actual science, then please note that in actual science, 1000kg or 1667 catties is a mass/weight, not a force. Which I have stated TWICE in two posts above.
    I also mentioned power in the thread title.
    When I refer to power/force, I'm thinking how much mass/weight, YG had to exert to repel the mass/weight of the ocean's wave, equivalent to 1000 kg.

The definition of force:
    In physics, a force is any interaction that, when unopposed, will change the motion of an object. A force can cause an object with mass to change its velocity, i.e., to accelerate.

Pardon me for my elementary understanding of basic physics

I think only Jinlun Fawang and Yang Guo with the wooden sword/HIS are capable of exerting this much power, ~1000 kg or 1667 catties.
    I do not imagine the old Greats or ZBT exceeding 1000 catties.
    Post-16 Guo Jing might have also exceeded 1000 catties.
    You might be true but when two fighters in the same level fight against each other someone with the greater "power" not always win just like George Foreman he have greater "power" and "strength" than Ali yet Ali still could beat him even via K.O..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    You might be true but when two fighters in the same level fight against each other someone with the greater "power" not always win just like George Foreman he have greater "power" and "strength" than Ali yet Ali still could beat him even via K.O..
    True.
    I recently watched the Rumble in the Jungle, where great offense vs legendary defense.
    Ali reminds me of a bigger and stronger Floyd Mayweather.
    Therefore, powerful offense is important but overall martials (internal + techniques) is supreme.

My point is to show that YG was capable of exerting a force of much greater than 1000 catties.

True.
    I recently watched the Rumble in the Jungle, where great offense vs legendary defense.
    Ali reminds me of a bigger and stronger Floyd Mayweather.
    Therefore, powerful offense is important but overall martials (internal + techniques) is supreme.

My point is to show that YG was capable of exerting a force of much greater than 1000 catties.
    For YG case it's quite different with Foreman or Ali since he have Foreman great force and Ali supreme technique and agility unfortunately he only have one arm to compensate that so even if his force greater than GJ he still couldn't beat GJ IMHO..

For YG case it's quite different with Foreman or Ali since he have Foreman great force and Ali supreme technique and agility unfortunately he only have one arm to compensate that so even if his force greater than GJ he still couldn't beat GJ IMHO..

Due to his one-arm handicapped, he invented Sad Palms to make up for the arm lost.
    Sad Palms utilized all his body parts and right sleeve, along with weird techniques.

I think this is enough to at least draw with GJ.
    However, in a prolonged death battle, YG will suddenly and semiconsciously unleash his most unpredictable, deadly moves, aka True Sad Palms, to defeat GJ.

Due to his one-arm handicapped, he invented Sad Palms to make up for the arm lost.
    Sad Palms utilized all his body parts and right sleeve, along with weird techniques.

I think this is enough to at least draw with GJ.
    However, in a prolonged death battle, YG will suddenly and semiconsciously unleash his most unpredictable, deadly moves, aka True Sad Palms, to defeat GJ.
    YG weird attack might be work against JLFW or Wuji or even ZBT but I doubt GJ would fall in the same trap like their..

YG weird attack might be work against JLFW or Wuji or even ZBT but I doubt GJ would fall in the same trap like their..
    After additional deep thoughts regarding ZBT martial arts vs Guo Jing's, I think since ZBT has days and nights to make improvements and perfect his martial arts during the 16-year interlude,
    GJ did not have much time due to his commitment defending the city of Xiangyang from the Mongols.
    Therefore, GJ's martial arts would not improve that much, except for his internal, which slowly increases as time goes by.
    Since, ZBT and GJ both have similar martial arts, except for Dragon Palms and there overall martials arts would be ~ around the same level pre-16.
    However, post-16, ZBT's overall martial arts would be greater than GJ's.

With the above analysis and the duel between ZBT and Yang Guo, in which ZBT could not do anything to YG even with his best efforts, I could hypothesize or conclude that post-16 Yang Guo with Full/True Sad Palms will defeat GJ with high certainty.

HYS and YD also "ignore" their skill during pre 16 years yet they still could fight almost "evenly" with JLFW or YG so since GJ have advantage in terms of youth age compare with ZBT so I think he is still slightly better than ZBT post 16 years which around YG level at his "peak"..

HYS and YD also "ignore" their skill during pre 16 years yet they still could fight almost "evenly" with JLFW or YG so since GJ have advantage in terms of youth age compare with ZBT so I think he is still slightly better than ZBT post 16 years which around YG level at his "peak"..
    Sori I forget even QQR which always "behind" Greats all the time could fought with JLFW for one day and night so the difference between GJ and YG not that big IMHO probably around 2-3 points (Lv 80 GJ - Lv 82 YG)..

Sori I forget even QQR which always "behind" Greats all the time could fought with JLFW for one day and night so the difference between GJ and YG not that big IMHO probably around 2-3 points (Lv 80 GJ - Lv 82 YG)..
    Let's be honest and straight forward here:
    Who is Level 80?
    Who is Level 82?

Got it,
    GJ: Level 80
    YG: Level 82

Confirmed by WesternEccentric:
    YG would most likely defeat GJ with Sad Palms.

Got it,
    GJ: Level 80
    YG: Level 82

Confirmed by WesternEccentric:
    YG would most likely defeat GJ with Sad Palms.
    Well like I said before in other thread YG full powered Sad Palm vs GJ post 16 years just like Barcelona (YG) when meet with Juventus (GJ) during 2nd leg Champion League semifinal season 2016/2017 which at this time though Barcelona bombarded Juventus with all of their might they still couldn't get one goal at all due to Juventus solid and strong defense so as long GJ could defending well I think he wouldn't lose to YG..

Well like I said before in other thread YG full powered Sad Palm vs GJ post 16 years just like Barcelona (YG) when meet with Juventus (GJ) during 2nd leg Champion League semifinal season 2016/2017 which at this time though Barcelona bombarded Juventus with all of their might they still couldn't get one goal at all due to Juventus solid and strong defense so as long GJ could defending well I think he wouldn't lose to YG..
    Someone has to be the victor, even if it has to go the distance with competing internal energy.
    However, based on your final rankings of GJ and YG, YG has a slight advantage over GJ.
    Please stop going in circle and be firm with your rankings, or just put both of them at level 80 instead

Ken won't be disappointed if you declare Yang Guo the victor. LoL

Someone has to be the victor, even if it has to go the distance with competing internal energy.
    However, based on your final rankings of GJ and YG, YG has a slight advantage over GJ.
    Please stop going in circle and be firm with your rankings, or just put both of them at level 80 instead

I miss CancerLuna and some of the Yang Guo supporters here.
    What happened to his supporters and >95% of the Wuxia fiction posters that were here a few years ago?

WesternEccentric, I think you and I are the only YG supporters still actively posting

Well my level ranking isn't mean "literal" just like WuxiaMaster level for Wuji and DFBB which they have Lv 77 and Lv 83 but they're not mean "auto-win" if fight against lower level for example though I agree with DFBB at Lv 83 I never imagine he/she could beat GJ or MRB which stand at Lv 80 same like my analogy Barcelona vs Juventus above which Barcelona have "better" overall squad than Juventus yet they couldn't beat Juventus..