Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unfair

Default Unfair

Cop drama starring Ryoko Shinohara (Anego) as Yukihira the competent Tokyo female cop and Eita (Lunch Queen) as Ando her sidekick. (It's alright so far but all the while I couldn't stop thinking can they choose a better male lead? I'm no giggling hs girl who'll drool over this boy. )

http://www.ktv.co.jp/unfair/
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Unfair

But anyways, a few screen caps:

Another day in Tokyo starting with a hostage situation
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5272/017gu.th.jpg')

Enter the badass Yukihira
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6938/024qp.th.jpg')

She kicks
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7116/032xn.th.jpg')

She pulls her gun
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8681/040un.th.jpg')

Don't move boya...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5738/057zg.th.jpg')

My button stops functioning so that's all I have. Until the next time...

From Yomiuri's Televiews:

Unfair (Tuesdays, 10 p.m., Fuji network) got off to a pretty fair start on Jan. 10. The series introduces Natsumi Yukihira, Japanese TV's first truly hard-drinking, hard-boiled female detective. Ryoko Shinohara seems to be enjoying the role immensely. No giggling grins or false shyness for her. In the opening scene, she walks right up to a knife-wielding abductor, dares him to commit murder, then kicks the knife out of his hand.

Yukihira is so obsessed with fighting crime that she has given her ex-husband, a newspaper editor, custody of their young daughter. When her new assistant asks where the obsession comes from, she flashes back to the murder of her own father. She abhors injustice, whether perpetrated by criminals or by loopholes in the criminal justice system.

And in this drama there is plenty of injustice for her to confront. Over 11 weeks, she will deal with three separate cases, all somehow coming together in the final episode. In the first case, a ghostwriter-turned-serial-killer is on the loose. He sends chapters of his manuscript to the police and press giving clues on who he will kill next. He has been churning out best-selling novels for a famous author, who had promised to help his career along but reneged, and now he is out for revenge on society. The ghostwriter's ex-girlfriend is the lady detective's best friend, so the characters quickly grow intricately intertwined.

The script for the first episode is taut, dark and successful and reminds one of the murder mysteries of the late Hisashi Nozawa such as Nemureru Mori (1998). The viewer is given a lot of information, yet is constantly surprised by twists and turns in the plot until finally discovering that what one saw was not all there was to be seen. The first episode was first-rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    Cop drama starring Ryoko Shinohara (Anego) as Yukihira the competent Tokyo female cop and Eita (Lunch Queen) as Ando her sidekick. (It's alright so far but all the while I couldn't stop thinking can they choose a better male lead? I'm no giggling hs girl who'll drool over this boy. )
    Well think of it this way...it could be someone worse than Eita. Not that I like this pairing but in my opinion, if they must choose a younger man, I'm glad they didn't settle for someone like Hiroki Narimiya of Orange Days, Ima Ai ni Yukimasu drama fame or anyone of the boys from the Johnny's Junior stable (I'm partial to Tokio though ). Hopefully the focus shifts more towards Nishijima Hidetoshi's magazine editor character, Ichiro Sezaki. Who would you have chosen?

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Well think of it this way...it could be someone worse than Eita. Not that I like this pairing but in my opinion, if they must choose a younger man, I'm glad they didn't settle for someone like Hiroki Narimiya of Orange Days, Ima Ai ni Yukimasu drama fame or anyone of the boys from the Johnny's Junior stable (I'm partial to Tokio though ). Hopefully the focus shifts more towards Nishijima Hidetoshi's magazine editor character, Ichiro Sezaki. Who would you have chosen?
    Actually there aren't many or should I say none of the actors in the age range of 10 years her junior that I like so it kind of triggers this whole dislike for the older woman younger man thing (or else I wouldn't have problem with it.) I watched Anego before with Ryoko and started to take notice of the dashing Masaya Kato (sorry let me wipe my drool) playing the womanizer in the series. All the while I was hoping that they'll hit it off but of course they didn't because Jin (the skinny not so hawt boy) was the male lead. Needless to say I was disappointed.

The whole reason why I watched Unfair to begin with was because I see my man in the cast (and was hoping they'll be paired up this time but oh well so much for that.) If they really need the younger male I think Satoshi Tsumabaki would probably a better eye candy but my love really goes to Hideaki Ito, Masaya Kato, Masaharu Fukuyama, and Yosuke Eguchi but their age is out of the younger male range for Ryoko of course.
    Last edited by Grifis; 01-24-06 at 11:49 PM.

Actually there aren't many or should I say none of the actors in the age range of 10 years her junior that I like so it kind of triggers this whole dislike for the older woman younger man thing (or else I wouldn't have problem with it.) I watched Anego before with Ryoko and started to take notice of the dashing Masaya Kato (sorry let me wipe my drool) playing the womanizer in the series. All the while I was hoping that they'll hit it off but of course they didn't because Jin (the skinny not so hawt boy) was the male lead. Needless to say I was disappointed.
    Haha same sentiment, I can't think of any young actors that I fancy. They're generally skinny and girly. I haven't started on Anego although I've finally gotten my hands on the drama. I suppose Masaya Kato is the one who played Rie Tomosaka's onscreen hubby? IMO Kazuya is worst than Jin. He barely looks like a man (at best a visual band rocker)...he totally spoilt the Kindaichi SP for me.

my love really goes to Hideaki Ito, Masaya Kato, Masaharu Fukuyama, and Yosuke Eguchi but their age is out of the younger male range for Ryoko of course.
    Hey hi-five! Hideaki Ito, Masaharu Fukuyama and Yosuke Eguchi just send my heart aflutter (Hiroshi Abe and Tsutsumi Shinichi too) , a pity we don't see much of them. Maybe 1 drama a year for Hideaki and Yosuke but Masaharu barely acts. So prime time dramas are mainly dominated by all these young kids.

Haha same sentiment, I can't think of any young actors that I fancy. They're generally skinny and girly. I haven't started on Anego although I've finally gotten my hands on the drama. I suppose Masaya Kato is the one who played Rie Tomosaka's onscreen hubby? IMO Kazuya is worst than Jin. He barely looks like a man (at best a visual band rocker)...he totally spoilt the Kindaichi SP for me.
    Yup that's Masaya Kato. Actually I don't dislike Kazuya just because I think he's comical and somewhat natural in his roles so far. As long as he's not paired up with some older woman (and as male lead) taking screen time away from any potential hawt men I like, I won't hammer him.

Hey hi-five! Hideaki Ito, Masaharu Fukuyama and Yosuke Eguchi just send my heart aflutter (Hiroshi Abe and Tsutsumi Shinichi too) , a pity we don't see much of them. Maybe 1 drama a year for Hideaki and Yosuke but Masaharu barely acts. So prime time dramas are mainly dominated by all these young kids.
    I know it's so disappointing. Masha sure disappeared for a while. Hideaki was hawt in Umizaru. There's a few series that he did but I could never find them. I want to see this fugitive series starring Yosuke but then again it'll take a while for me to find it. I like Hiroshi too. He's funny. Isn't Tsutsumi that guy from Good luck playing the serious superior? He also played the oldest brother in lunch queen right? That guy is good too but I don't fancy him that way.

Yup that's Masaya Kato. Actually I don't dislike Kazuya just because I think he's comical and somewhat natural in his roles so far. As long as he's not paired up with some older woman (and as male lead) taking screen time away from any potential hawt men I like, I won't hammer him.
    Heh totally understand what you mean. I haven't seen Jin in any dramas so I'll reserve my judgement. Kazuya's ok ... it's just that I think he doesn't have the look to carry off some roles.

I know it's so disappointing. Masha sure disappeared for a while. Hideaki was hawt in Umizaru. There's a few series that he did but I could never find them. I want to see this fugitive series starring Yosuke but then again it'll take a while for me to find it. I like Hiroshi too. He's funny. Isn't Tsutsumi that guy from Good luck playing the serious superior? He also played the oldest brother in lunch queen right? That guy is good too but I don't fancy him that way.
    Yeah it has been three years since Masha appeared in Bijou ka Yajuu, and going by his track record and the many hats he wears, I doubt we'd see him in a drama anytime soon. I may be wrong. He always seems to be typecast as a playboy. (note to self: must watch Perfect Love) Oh I've seen quite a few of Hideaki's dramas: Yasha, Tentai Kanzoku, Umizaru as well as his supporting roles in Kyuumei Byoto and Shiroi Kyoto. He is definitely getting hotter with each drama he appears in. I like him so much better than Kenji Sakaguchi

I have the drama Toubousha. The plot is interesting and full of suspense though I found the ending a little difficult to accept. The acting is good and the chemistry between Yosuke and Hiroshi makes this too good to miss! Do you understand Chinese, if you do I'd be most happy to pass you a copy.

Haha yep Tsutsumi Shinichi acted in those roles. He's not hot in that way but he's a really great versatile actor. I quite like Shosuke Tanihara too. He has really attractive eyes. *swoon*

The cast of Unfair
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tv.goo.ne.jp/common/upimg/unfair1_330_232.jpg')

Ryoko
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tv.goo.ne.jp/common/upimg/unfair2_200_293.jpg')

Eita
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tv.goo.ne.jp/common/upimg/unfair3_200_293.jpg')

I'll put up more screen caps of the remaining cast soon. Heck, my print screen button doesn't seem to work consistently.

Yeah it has been three years since Masha appeared in Bijou ka Yajuu, and going by his track record and the many hats he wears, I doubt we'd see him in a drama anytime soon. I may be wrong. He always seems to be typecast as a playboy. (note to self: must watch Perfect Love) Oh I've seen quite a few of Hideaki's dramas: Yasha, Tentai Kanzoku, Umizaru as well as his supporting roles in Kyuumei Byoto and Shiroi Kyoto. He is definitely getting hotter with each drama he appears in. I like him so much better than Kenji Sakaguchi

I have the drama Toubousha. The plot is interesting and full of suspense though I found the ending a little difficult to accept. The acting is good and the chemistry between Yosuke and Hiroshi makes this too good to miss! Do you understand Chinese, if you do I'd be most happy to pass you a copy.

Haha yep Tsutsumi Shinichi acted in those roles. He's not hot in that way but he's a really great versatile actor. I quite like Shosuke Tanihara too. He has really attractive eyes. *swoon*
    I fell in love with Hideaki after watching Yasha. I was so obsessed that I bought the whole freakin' series from CDJapan and it cost me an arm and a leg. Needless to say, I watched the whole thing raw (since that was before they worked on the soft subs). I also ended up buying a few versions of 'Desert Rose' because I wanted that specific OP one. Those were the good old days. Hideaki definitely looked smoking hot in the polar star series with the office man outfit.

As for Masha, you ever watched this old series called 'homework'? That was one of the weirdest story I've seen. He wasn't the lead but he looked very cute in there.

I like Yosuke the most in Lunch Queen just because he played this tough in the outside but soft in the inside kind of guy. And when he fell for the girl he was so darn adorable. Did you see the part when he sneaked in and proposed? I thought that was precious. Regarding Toubousha, I guess I have to wait a little bit since I don't know chinese. Thanks for the kind offer.

Ah Yasha was good wasn't it? Hideaki gave a stellar performance. He just looks good in everything he's clad in so I hope the tv networks give us more of him.

I haven't watched Yosuke in Lunch Queen yet because I'm still waiting for the English subbed version. I thought he looked the reticent sort when I fastforwarded through the first episode. Hope the full series will be available soon! I hope you get lucky for Toubousha. It's too good to be missed!

Unfortunately I haven't seen Masha in any drama other than Bijo ka Yaju...darned!!!

I think Eita makes a poor sidekick to Ryoko's Yukihara. He's just so bland (perhaps he's supposed to be that way?). And your fav guy, Masaya Kato, doesn't play a very significant role. Will that change I wonder? Ep 3 is out!

Hideaki has a new drama! He will be starring in TBS's Bengoshinokuzu (adapted from a manga), a drama about lawyers, together with Etsushi Toyokawa.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 01-27-06 at 04:29 AM.

Damn Sezaki turned out to be the baddie. I suspected so yet wanted so much for him to be a twisted but good guy but he had to be killed off. I like Nishijima Hidetoshi! One cool guy gone...

Unfair seems quite a respectable drama. Wonder how it fairs against Rondo? I heard people comparing it to Infernal Affairs.

Yeah I knew Sezaki would be a baddie too. Actually I haven't been following the series. For one thing, there's the lack of hardsubbed version. And I don't have the motivation to get the soft subbed version since Masaya seems to be playing a small fry. I know it's unfair not to watch 'Unfair' for that reason but I'm only human.

Hey jade, any romantic inclination in the series so far?

Yeah I knew Sezaki would be a baddie too. Actually I haven't been following the series. For one thing, there's the lack of hardsubbed version. And I don't have the motivation to get the soft subbed version since Masaya seems to be playing a small fry. I know it's unfair not to watch 'Unfair' for that reason but I'm only human.

Hey jade, any romantic inclination in the series so far?
    Hey Grifis, did you eventually finish watching Unfair? I never did get down to it after Sezaki died but to give you a belated reply, yes there was romance in the drama. After learning who the baddie was and the romance that blossomed (not sure it was mutual), I'm curious to find out how things came to be and will be watching it.

It's also because there's an Unfair SP on October 3. More Ryoko Shinohara. I like her in such roles.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Shinohara.jpg')

Hey Grifis, did you eventually finish watching Unfair? I never did get down to it after Sezaki died but to give you a belated reply, yes there was romance in the drama. After learning who the baddie was and the romance that blossomed (not sure it was mutual), I'm curious to find out how things came to be and will be watching it.

It's also because there's an Unfair SP on October 3. More Ryoko Shinohara. I like her in such roles.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Shinohara.jpg')

Nah, I didn't have a chance to finish watching it. I was more interested in Ryoko's romance and Masaya's role in series really. And the fact that Eita was looking like her love interest I didn't want to continue. Now that I'm reading this I don't even remember who Sezaki is. ^_^; I might watch it again if someone do a hardsubbed version of it some time down the road.

First time I saw Ryoko was in this series with Hideaki Ito. Forget the title but it was a comedy and I thought it was silly. Didn't have a good impression of her but I really liked her in Anego.

Currently I'm watching 'The man who can't marry', 'At home dad', and 'Sapuri'. I do enjoy them all.

Nah, I didn't have a chance to finish watching it. I was more interested in Ryoko's romance and Masaya's role in series really. And the fact that Eita was looking like her love interest I didn't want to continue. Now that I'm reading this I don't even remember who Sezaki is. ^_^; I might watch it again if someone do a hardsubbed version of it some time down the road.

First time I saw Ryoko was in this series with Hideaki Ito. Forget the title but it was a comedy and I thought it was silly. Didn't have a good impression of her but I really liked her in Anego.

Currently I'm watching 'The man who can't marry', 'At home dad', and 'Sapuri'. I do enjoy them all.
    Well, Eita plays a significant role in Unfair so I'm not sure you'd wanna watch it. I'm just curious to find out how many plotholes there were. and what made Yukihira's daughter Mio lose her ability to speak.

I first watched Ryoko in a really old drama series about medical students (1995 thereabouts) and she's definitely come a long way. Back then, no one would have thought that she'd be the third top female drama artiste today since she was regarded merely as a wallflower then.

I've just finished watching Stand Up. Finally! It was rather vulgar, but somewhat meaningful. The acting, plot and pacing could have been better. I've been following The Man Who Can't Marry (Kekkon Dekinai Otoko) too, as well as My Wife is in Her Critical Year (Hanayome wa Yakudoshi). They're both enjoyable though I'd say the former is the superior drama. Abe Hiroshi's performance is award-winning - his mannerisms, behaviour all well-depicted - and I'm very taken by the dog Ken-chan. Maybe I should start watching Anego ... ... Too many shows on my drama list to watch heh.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 08-25-06 at 04:22 AM.

Well, Eita plays a significant role in Unfair so I'm not sure you'd wanna watch it. I'm just curious to find out how many plotholes there were. and what made Yukihira's daughter Mio lose her ability to speak.

I first watched Ryoko in a really old drama series about medical students (1995 thereabouts) and she's definitely come a long way. Back then, no one would have thought that she'd be the third top female drama artiste today since she was regarded merely as a wallflower then.

I've just finished watching Stand Up. Finally! It was rather vulgar, but somewhat meaningful. The acting, plot and pacing could have been better. I've been following The Man Who Can't Marry (Kekkon Dekinai Otoko) too, as well as My Wife is in Her Critical Year (Hanayome wa Yakudoshi). They're both enjoyable though I'd say the former is the superior drama. Abe Hiroshi's performance is award-winning - his mannerisms, behaviour all well-depicted - and I'm very taken by the dog Ken-chan. Maybe I should start watching Anego ... ... Too many shows on my drama list to watch heh.
    Yeah Abe is really fun to watch in KDO. He's completely comfortable in his role. Also one of the things I like about KDO is that it's about architecture and it's very interesting to see how it all works in Japan. However at end of the day, I still prefer At home dad a bit more (if I'm to compare the two.) The story is more interesting. I guess it's the first time I see a community that somewhat resembles of what I call the 'american dream'.

After the Unfair SP that was just shown this week, FujiTV has apparently decided to make an Unfair movie for March 2007, starring Ryoko Shinohara and Yosuke Eguchi as the leads. Anything with Yosuke and I'm sold!!!!!

Some screen shots from the drama special:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/unfair.jpg')

Unfair DVD released:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Unfair.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/UnfairCast.jpg')