Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Revolution [Esumi Makiko, Fujiki Naohito, Yonekura Ryoko, Oshio Manabu]

Default Love Revolution [Esumi Makiko, Fujiki Naohito, Yonekura Ryoko, Oshio Manabu]

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_Revolution
    http://jdorama.com/drama.553.htm

I'm currently watching this and it's been enjoyable so far, funny and romantic without overkill. Naohito Fujiki looks even hotter without a goatee. Oh yes, Suga is just so charming, confident, and yet unassuming. I hope Dr. Asaoka picks him!

"Every day, every night, wanna kiss, want your lips..." Anyone who's seen this series has probably had its theme song stuck in his/her head at some point.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I have to say I love this one because of Esumi Makiko's superb acting. I love her long hair, her attitude (and i'm not a guy . I was rooting for her and Oshio Manabu's character, but oh well .... Somehow, I don't know why but I've never liked Fujiki Naohito. I find him girly sometimes (sorry Fujiki's fans, don't hit me ) . I love the OST too. Isn't Ken good ? I love his voice. I've download the song too .

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I'm currently watching this and it's been enjoyable so far, funny and romantic without overkill. Naohito Fujiki looks even hotter without a goatee. Oh yes, Suga is just so charming, confident, and yet unassuming. I hope Dr. Asaoka picks him!

"Every day, every night, wanna kiss, want your lips..." Anyone who's seen this series has probably had its theme song stuck in his/her head at some point.
    Yeah I love this drama and was rooting for Suga and Dr Asaoka although the second half was a bit of a letdown to me but the developments were still understandable and believeable. Dr Asaoka is adorable because she's smart, beautiful and compassionate yet has a goofy streak in her. There were many cute, memorable moments between her and Suga. I didn't really like her chum Mariko much.

Suga and Kyoko in the rain with Ken Hirai singing in the background. "Kiss of Life" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by huongduong
    I have to say I love this one because of Esumi Makiko's superb acting. I love her long hair, her attitude (and i'm not a guy . I was rooting for her and Oshio Manabu's character, but oh well .... Somehow, I don't know why but I've never liked Fujiki Naohito. I find him girly sometimes (sorry Fujiki's fans, don't hit me ) . I love the OST too. Isn't Ken good ? I love his voice. I've download the song too.
    Me too! Makiko Esumi's one of my favourite actresses. I miss her. She hasn't been in a big drama production in some time. Naohito looked so much better back then, suave and not so gaunt. This was his breakout role that propelled him from bit parts to lead status (he doesn't seem to be faring that well now though).

The lovely couple: Suga Eiichiro and Asaoka Kyoko

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/LR1-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/LR2.jpg')

I gotta agree with you guys. Esumi Makiko is a talented actress even though at first I found her a bit manly (probably due to her strong features, stature, and relatively low voice). Her portrayal of Kyoko (Dr. Asaoka) is indeed endearing.

Oshio Manabu comes off as rather bland to me and his character Yabuki hasn't been impressive either. It's obvious he likes Kyoko, but instead of doing something about it, he goes ahead and reciprocates Mariko's insecurity and neediness?!

I just find Naohito's eyes mesmerizing. His eyes and Takashi's lips....gagh!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo1.hexun.com/p/2006/0310/12309/b_75A104F4954BAECF.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo1.hexun.com/p/2006/0310/12309/b_E36BAC130B021134.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo1.hexun.com/p/2006/0310/12309/b_98C0796FCAC3560B.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo1.hexun.com/p/2006/0310/12308/b_B2F71D10EF90467A.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo1.hexun.com/p/2006/0310/12308/b_48D94E81A28E2E52.jpg')

My favorite one:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo1.hexun.com/p/2006/0310/12309/b_0C45046014968CBE.jpg')
    Caption: Hot man with pink umbrella

Speaking of Naohito, his wife had a baby a couple of months ago. He's a new papa!

I still haven't hit the halfway mark yet, so I really need to cut down posting time in exchange for viewing time!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I gotta agree with you guys. Esumi Makiko is a talented actress even though at first I found her a bit manly (probably due to her strong features, stature, and relatively low voice). Her portrayal of Kyoko (Dr. Asaoka) is indeed endearing.
    She has done some good movies too like Maboroshi. Hope we'll see her in more dramas soon!

Oshio Manabu comes off as rather bland to me and his character Yabuki hasn't been impressive either. It's obvious he likes Kyoko, but instead of doing something about it, he goes ahead and reciprocates Mariko's insecurity and neediness?!

I still haven't hit the halfway mark yet, so I really need to cut down posting time in exchange for viewing time!
    Yeah he's unimpressive. Mariko pretty much offered herself up to him but he couldn't refuse her. Still, Yabuki's pretty much a gentleman as you will see later on. I disliked Mariko throughout the drama. Haha. I guess I detested the self-assurance or over-confidence she carried herself with - that her attractiveness and allure was irresistible to men, and the way she behaved sometimes.

You must have finished watching the part where Kyoko and Suga were supposed to watch In the Mood for Love together? The first half of Love Revolution is my favourite. There's that mood for romance with Kyoko's yearning for a passionate love affair which imbues the drama with an upbeat, enchanting air.

By the way, Naohito isn't the only one who's a parent. Makiko Esumi had a daugther over a year ago. And Manabu Oshio is married to Yada Akiko. He quit acting sometime back to focus on singing.

This series is fantastic but I'm still waiting on the last episode which is going to be exciting.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

I don't like Manabu Oshio nor Fujiki Naohito, but I like Yabuki. True, Yabuki is younger than Kyoko, he can be aggressive at times but he's loyalty and passionate to his love. Remember how he gave up on her when she said she's gonna get marry ? They agreed to stay as friends. Then when Suga left her, he came back to tell her he still loves her. Now, that's true love. I really love it when he said to Suga, " I didn't want to go after Kyoko because i'm not doing what I love (his acting job), but now when i have that, I want to go after her . With me, she can have both her carreer and her man."

Did Suga give Kyoko what she want ? No, he wanted her to quit her job. Did he know she love to have babies ? No, he said he didn't want to have babies. Did he know that she love to have a wonderful honeymoon ? No, he thought it's a waste of time. It's true that when Suga knows Kyoko don't want to quit her job, thus he left her. But HOW did he left her ? He left her at their engagement party (how embarrassing would you feel if your man left you at your wedding in front of your friend and your family ? )

In short, Suga sure does love Kyoko, but he doesn't care about her feelings. He just do whatever he like to do even though he did for Kyoko's good (like how he didn't get involve into her hospital's business because he afraid she'd lose her job.) But he never considers her feelings. On the other hand, Yabuki knows how Kyoko feel . If Yabuki is not younger than her or if Kyoko met Yabuki before she met Suga (and that kiss) , who do you think she love more ?
    Last edited by huongduong; 02-08-07 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    You must have finished watching the part where Kyoko and Suga were supposed to watch In the Mood for Love together? The first half of Love Revolution is my favourite. There's that mood for romance with Kyoko's yearning for a passionate love affair which imbues the drama with an upbeat, enchanting air.
    Yes, I'm past that part and about to start on episode 5. It was so thoughtful of Suga to get Kyoko a copy of the program and another fish so the other one wouldn't be lonely.

I don't like Manabu Oshio nor Fujiki Naohito, but I like Yabuki. True, Yabuki is younger than Mariko, he can be aggressive at times but he's loyalty and passionate to his love. Remember how he gave up on her when she said she's gonna get marry ? They agreed to stay as friends. Then when Suga left her, he came back to tell her he still loves her. Now, that's true love. I really love it when he said to Suga, " I didn't want to go after Makiko because i'm not doing what I love (his acting job), but now when i have that, I want to go after her . With me, she can have both her carreer and her man."

Did Suga give Makiko what she want ? No, he wanted her to quit her job. Did he know she love to have babies ? No, he said he didn't want to have babies. Did he know that she love to have a wonderful honeymoon ? No, he thought it's a waste of time. It's true that when Suga knows Makiko don't want to quit her job, thus he left her. But HOW did he left her ? He left her at their engagement party (how embarrassing would you feel if your man left you at your wedding in front of your friend and your family ? )

In short, Suga sure does love Makiko, but he doesn't care about her feelings. He just do whatever he like to do even though he did for Makiko's good (like how he didn't get involve into her hospital's business because he afraid she'd lose her job.) But he never considers her feelings. On the other hand, Yabuki knows how Makiko feel .
    Just to clear up any confusion, by Mariko/Makiko, you're actually referring to Kyoko (Dr. Asaoka played by Esumi Makiko), right? Mariko is Kyoko's best friend, the one who recently divorced her cheating husband and enjoys the attention of lots of men even though she's actually insecure about experiencing real love again.

I haven't watched as far as what you've mentioned here and will comment more later. However, as for your question (sorry if it's supposed to be rhetorical):

If Yabuki is not younger than her or if Makiko met Yabuki before she met Suga (and that kiss) , who do you think she love more ?
    If it was true love, I don't think age (considering they're all adults here) and who Kyoko met first would matter very significantly.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

oh yeah, what i meant was Dr. Asaoka (Esumi Makiko) , sorry for the confusing, i'll edit it .

True, the age and the time don't matter to most people (including me) but
    it does matter to Dr. Asaoka. Remember how this drama is relating to women in their 30' . Dr. Asaoka is one of them, she's trying to find her true love before she's getting old. She didn't attach to Yabuki because she doesn't want sympathy from younger men. That's the reason why Yabuki didn't courting her more forcefully, not until he became an actor. He knows Asaoka want a man can protect her, and he also knows she doesn't see him as a man but as a YOUNG man .

Truly, if it's not for Dr. Asaoka and Esumi Makiko herself, i'd give up this drama because of the Suga guy . uh ... just don't like that character .

True, the age and the time don't matter to most people (including me) but
    it does matter to Dr. Asaoka. Remember how this drama is relating to women in their 30' . Dr. Asaoka is one of them, she's trying to find her true love before she's getting old. She didn't attach to Yabuki because she doesn't want sympathy from younger men. That's the reason why Yabuki didn't courting her more forcefully, not until he became an actor. He knows Asaoka want a man can protect her, and he also knows she doesn't see him as a man but as a YOUNG man .
    On the topic of age, I know Suga is older than Yabuki, but is he older than Kyoko? Somehow he comes off as slightly younger to me and I know Naohito is younger than Makiko in real life.

Yes this drama is supposed to relate to women in their 30's, but that doesn't mean this group automatically looks to older men for stability and love, especially nowadays. It's logical, sure, but the mind and heart aren't always on the same wavelength. Kyoko is a 32-year-old doctor surrounded by men at work and sees plenty of patients, but never seems to be romantically stimulated by any of them. She met a nice, mature guy via an arranged dating service, but there was never really any chemistry there even though she could have eventually learned to love him since he fits the bill of a guy Yabuki "knows" Kyoko wants. The initial encounter with Suga on the other hand was definitely not of the logical variety and sent Kyoko into denial because the sparks were there and she wanted to keep pinching herself! Suga doesn't think too much about "oh if I do this, then maybe this, or if I do that, blah blah blah." He's frank and goes for what he wants, which is generally a positive with sometimes insensitive repercussions. Yabuki should have more confidence and give himself a chance.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-08-07 at 08:16 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

On the topic of age, I know Suga is older than Yabuki, but is he older than Kyoko? Somehow he comes off as slightly younger to me and I know Naohito is younger than Makiko in real life.

Yes this drama is supposed to relate to women in their 30's, but that doesn't mean this group automatically looks to older men for stability and love, especially nowadays. It's logical, sure, but the mind and heart aren't always on the same wavelength. Kyoko is a 32-year-old doctor surrounded by men at work and sees plenty of patients, but never seems to be romantically stimulated by any of them. She met a nice, mature guy via an arranged dating service, but there was never really any chemistry there even though she could have eventually learned to love him since he fits the bill of a guy Yabuki "knows" Kyoko wants. The initial encounter with Suga on the other hand was definitely not of the logical variety and sent Kyoko into denial because the sparks were there and she wanted to keep pinching herself! Suga doesn't think too much about "oh if I do this, then maybe this, or if I do that, blah blah blah." He's frank and goes for what he wants, which is generally a positive with sometimes insensitive repercussions. Yabuki should have more confidence and give himself a chance.
    ok , maybe I don't like Suga and you do , so that's why we're biased

They didn't say how old Suga but the viewers should be sure that he's the same age or older than Kyoko (he's a successful news reporter.) Hold on, that man she met is older but not at the right time. Just like Yabuki, they met her after she met Suga. She's already in love with Suga, and we know how deeply she's in love with him. I don't think Yabuki lacks confidence, I see him as a gentleman who respect Kyoko's choices (regarding her career or her love life.) At first, Yabuki loves Kyoko but then he finds out she loves Suga. He tries to get into the relationship with Kyoko's friend. That didn't work out. He went to became an actor. When he came back, he sees Kyoko's still single and didn't contact Suga, he starts to court her. That how it goes. In short, he's a man that Kyoko never see as a "boyfriend material", and a big BAD TIMING. In short, age and time does matter in term of Yabuki's luck.

ok , maybe I don't like Suga and you do , so that's why we're biased

They didn't say how old Suga but the viewers should be sure that he's the same age or older than Kyoko (he's a successful news reporter.) Hold on, that man she met is older but not at the right time. Just like Yabuki, they met her after she met Suga. She's already in love with Suga, and we know how deeply she's in love with him. I don't think Yabuki lacks confidence, I see him as a gentleman who respect Kyoko's choices (regarding her career or her love life.) At first, Yabuki loves Kyoko but then he finds out she loves Suga. He tries to get into the relationship with Kyoko's friend. That didn't work out. He went to became an actor. When he came back, he sees Kyoko's still single and didn't contact Suga, he starts to court her. That how it goes. In short, he's a man that Kyoko never see as a "boyfriend material", and a big BAD TIMING. In short, age and time does matter in term of Yabuki's luck.
    So it'd only be "the right time" for Yabuki and the other guy if Kyoko was single and emotionally unattached? If that's the case, then pretty much any man would have a chance under specifically defined parameters. Jennifer Aniston might still be married to Brad Pitt if Angelina Jolie didn't exist, but that's not how life works. Their relationship did not pass the test of temptation. Just because Kyoko was in love with Suga doesn't mean she couldn't fall in love with someone else if that person happened to appeal to her more. In short, age and timing can simply be seen as excuses for "bad luck."

I think I would have more respect for Yabuki if he hadn't agreed to date Mariko even though he doesn't really love her. That certainly decreased his chance with Kyoko even before she and Suga were "official." What was his motive, just that he didn't want to hurt Mariko's feelings? I can't be sure if it's Oshio Manabu or Yabuki, but the guy is not a very convincing actor whether he's rehearsing playlines or just in the actual series itself.

Yowza, Kyoko asked Suga to marry her! I give her props for her forwardness, but don't like the reasoning behind her proposal. Does she honestly think her insecurities will go away by getting married? If anything, these trust issues should be resolved before walking down the aisle.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My recollection of Love Revolution is foggy in quite a few places since I watched it 5 years ago but like Lady Zhuge, I don't think that Kyoko would have fallen for Yabuki if she met him before Suga. Clearly, Suga's rash kiss and debonair charms awakened something within Kyoko. Well, awakened doesn't seem the right word. Their encounter satisfied that deep-seated yearning within her for a passionate, all-consuming love. I could feel those sparks!

Yowza, Kyoko asked Suga to marry her! I give her props for her forwardness, but don't like the reasoning behind her proposal. Does she honestly think her insecurities will go away by getting married? If anything, these trust issues should be resolved before walking down the aisle.
    After the intial period of heady romance, came the real issues. Suga was known to be a ladies man and he never set about assuring Kyoko that he loved her or explaining his relationship with the other woman she saw him with. But the bigger problem was that there wasn't enough communication between them. Kyoko was faced with the choice of marrying Suga and leaving her beloved profession behind or career advancement over her love. She couldn't bring herself to tell him, nor did it seem to occur to him to discuss this with her when he found out. I can't understand why he chose to make the decision for her and, of all places, dump her at their wedding despite his good intentions. And to top it off, gave no explanations. I was really irate by his behaviour

You guys are making me want to rewatch Love Revolution!!!!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 02-09-07 at 12:28 AM.

So it'd only be "the right time" for Yabuki and the other guy if Kyoko was single and emotionally unattached? If that's the case, then pretty much any man would have a chance under specifically defined parameters. Jennifer Aniston might still be married to Brad Pitt if Angelina Jolie didn't exist, but that's not how life works. Their relationship did not pass the test of temptation. Just because Kyoko was in love with Suga doesn't mean she couldn't fall in love with someone else if that person happened to appeal to her more. In short, age and timing can simply be seen as excuses for "bad luck."

I think I would have more respect for Yabuki if he hadn't agreed to date Mariko even though he doesn't really love her. That certainly decreased his chance with Kyoko even before she and Suga were "official." What was his motive, just that he didn't want to hurt Mariko's feelings? I can't be sure if it's Oshio Manabu or Yabuki, but the guy is not a very convincing actor whether he's rehearsing playlines or just in the actual series itself.

You'll see how Kyoko gives Yabuki chances when she thinks things is over with Suga. Right when she kisses Yabuki, Suga appears (now, that what I don't like about this series, why the heck did Suga show up at that same time ? some cheesy moments as TVB's series ) . You'll see how she came to Yabuki and ask him to make she forget Suga. That means she accepts Yabuki. Yabuki is not just a man, he's a certain man that she now thinks she can be with him. Too bad, she's already in love with Suga and she can't forget him nor their past. That why I didn't say any other man (like the man that she met by arrangement), but I just focus on Yabuki.

Yabuki doesn't want to hurt Mariko. Instead, he's dating her because he THINKS he might love her if he tries. Mariko is the one to blame here. She already knows Yabuki loves Kyoko but she insisted it's ok for her to date him like that. While they're dating, Yabuki tries to make Mariko happy as much as he could. AFTER they broke up, he then starts to ask Kyoko out. He's not a two timing guy, he's not a bad guy try to hurt somebody's feelings. That's why I like him. Unlike Suga, he hurts Kyoko's feelings so bad, but too bad , Kyoko loves the one that hurts her so badly

That's why I said I don't like Oshio Manabu, I just like Yabuki the character. Oshio Manabu isn't a good actor. He can't act Yabuki out. Well, he's a singer, what more we can ask from a singer ?

You guys are making me want to rewatch Love Revolution!!!!
    Hehe, you should!

After the intial period of heady romance, came the real issues. Suga was known to be a ladies man and he never set about assuring Kyoko that he loved her or explaining his relationship with the other woman she saw him with. But the bigger problem was that there wasn't enough communication between them. Kyoko was faced with the choice of marrying Suga and leaving her beloved profession behind or career advancement over her love. She couldn't bring herself to tell him, nor did it seem to occur to him to discuss this with her when he found out. I can't understand why he chose to make the decision for her and, of all places, dump her at their wedding despite his good intentions. And to top it off, gave no explanations. I was really irate by his behaviour
    Suga doesn't seem to have the same trust issues Kyoko does since he is more open, secure and confident to the point where he almost always expects the same from others. Perhaps this is why he reacted so strongly to Kyoko's failure to at least tell him about the opportunity to obtain her doctorate. To further illustrate Suga's personality, he didn't see a need to tell Kyoko he was meeting up with his ex because he knew it was just an innocent exchange, but wasn't expecting Kyoko to show up at the restaurant to spy on him, leading to a misunderstanding. It was only to clear that up that he revealed his ex was getting married and they were just meeting to celebrate the occasion. Suga was also genuinely happy to learn Yabuki visited Kyoko when she was sick even though Kyoko secretly wished Suga would act a little jealous in validation of his love for her. Suga on the other hand doesn't see jealousy as validation at all. Having finished watching up to episode 8, I definitely agree about the lack of communication. All 4 of the main characters exhibit frustrating behavior which seems unnecessary except in serving the purpose of complicating and prolonging the story. Excuse my first-person rambling rants.

Kyoko: You should have at least tried to tell Suga about the doctorate opportunity when he asked about your "good news" instead of feigning happiness at his and ultimately leading him on. Suga is a reporter and I would think he'd eventually find out about this anyway even if it wasn't for Mariko. If Mariko hadn't told him, when would you have finally decided to tell him? At the airport right before the flight is to take off? Also, it seemed like only after Suga broke off the engagement that you were able to "decide" on your number one priority and became almost hell bent on following him to the U.S. You probably would have succeeded too if Katagiri didn't have that timely relapse which required emergency surgery and you were't such a professional at heart. Does this mean his rash behavior was actually necessary to wake you up, just as when he unexpectedly first kissed you?

Suga: You definitely overreacted!!! Leaving Kyoko at the engagement party was uncalled for even though you meant well. Short pain may be better than long pain, but you should have been your usual self and opened up the lines of communication to decide on the best course of action. I know you meant well, but sometimes your behavior makes me wonder if you truly truly truly love Kyoko. Luckily you redeemed yourself somewhat at the airport when you showed that she's still on your mind.

Okay, now I think I've seen enough of this series to respond to this part of an earlier post:
    Did Suga give Kyoko what she want ? No, he wanted her to quit her job. Did he know she love to have babies ? No, he said he didn't want to have babies. Did he know that she love to have a wonderful honeymoon ? No, he thought it's a waste of time. It's true that when Suga knows Kyoko don't want to quit her job, thus he left her. But HOW did he left her ? He left her at their engagement party (how embarrassing would you feel if your man left you at your wedding in front of your friend and your family ? )
    Kyoko was so impulsive in asking Suga to marry her that she didn't consider their compatibility and all those other important issues beyond the initial attraction. For such an intelligent doctor, she exhibited signs of what I now call the Lisa W. Nowak Syndrome. Of course Suga had responsibility too since he could have slowed things down and been more reassuring in response to Kyoko's emotional needs so Kyoko wouldn't drive herself insane with her love for him. Yes he thought a fancy wedding ceremony and honeymoon were a waste of time initially, but later he accepted the Washington D.C. transfer to give Kyoko what she wanted...kids, a house, honeymoon to America, visits to Macy's, etc. She would have to give up her job, but marriage is about compromise. If she stayed in Japan to pursue her doctorate, would she even have time for kids when she's busy with the internship and with Suga having to pursue stories on an erratic schedule? Suga made a responsible point there. It's not that he refuses to have kids because he just doesn't want them. As for Suga leaving her at the engagement party, I agree it's rash especially looking at it from a third person's standpoint, but honestly Kyoko didn't seem to mind or even get angry about it which surprised me considering she's a prideful person who puts alot of weight on what others think. Sometimes characterizations of these characters are rather inconsistent.

Yabuki: Okay, dude. You make out with and are dating Mariko, but during the play, you go out of character and pretty much publicly confess your love for her best friend who's sitting in the audience without so much as a heads-up to anyone, ask to and really do kiss that crush on the cheek as a show of congratulations, and THEN try to convince Mariko that was a "goodbye performance" in order to put your feelings for Kyoko away forever. I don't even like Mariko, but I can't blame her for finding such an explanation difficult to swallow when much of that could have been done in private or, here's an idea, NOT AT ALL. The timing was way too random and nonsensical. A saving grace is your setting up an opportunity for Suga and Kyoko to communicate with one another after the engagement party travesty.

Mariko: Get over yourself. Seriously. You should know your best friend better than that.

You'll see how Kyoko gives Yabuki chances when she thinks things is over with Suga. Right when she kisses Yabuki, Suga appears (now, that what I don't like about this series, why the heck did Suga show up at that same time ? some cheesy moments as TVB's series ) . You'll see how she came to Yabuki and ask him to make she forget Suga. That means she accepts Yabuki. Yabuki is not just a man, he's a certain man that she now thinks she can be with him. Too bad, she's already in love with Suga and she can't forget him nor their past. That why I didn't say any other man (like the man that she met by arrangement), but I just focus on Yabuki.
    Such scenes always pop up to instigate conflict, so that's nothing new. Kyoko can't forget Suga because she loves him SO very much. Suga loves her too, but probably not as much as she loves him. Yabuki loves Kyoko, but she doesn't like him nearly as much. It sounds like she's just using Yabuki to help her move on because she can't do it on her own.

Yabuki doesn't want to hurt Mariko. Instead, he's dating her because he THINKS he might love her if he tries. Mariko is the one to blame here. She already knows Yabuki loves Kyoko but she insisted it's ok for her to date him like that. While they're dating, Yabuki tries to make Mariko happy as much as he could. AFTER they broke up, he then starts to ask Kyoko out. He's not a two timing guy, he's not a bad guy try to hurt somebody's feelings. That's why I like him. Unlike Suga, he hurts Kyoko's feelings so bad, but too bad , Kyoko loves the one that hurts her so badly
    Love isn't a one-sided blame game. Mariko wanted to date Yabuki because she really likes him. With Kyoko already occupied by Suga, she thought their relationship would be able to sustain itself. Yabuki could have turned her down if his feelings for Kyoko were that overwhelming. It's not like he HAD to date Mariko or anyone else if he didn't want to, but he was trying to move on as well. If you can't blame him for that, you can't fairly blame Mariko either. Mariko was hurt badly by Yabuki's unnecessary display on stage because she loves him so much just as Kyoko hurt so badly because he loves Suga so much. Neither guy actually hurt the respective girl for the sake of hurting her, so no double standards here. Mariko initiated the breakup with Yabuki, so it's not like she latched on to him and tried to redirect his heart from Kyoko even after Kyoko was trying to move on from Suga.

That's why I said I don't like Oshio Manabu, I just like Yabuki the character. Oshio Manabu isn't a good actor. He can't act Yabuki out. Well, he's a singer, what more we can ask from a singer ?
    I have to disagree. Singers can be convincing actors too. Examples from Japanese entertainment include Tomoya Nagase and Jun Matsumoto. Naohito is a singer as well, but you've already made your feelings about him quite clear.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-09-07 at 02:41 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I think I'm still waiting for the final ep of this series. From what I've seen so far, it's fairly average and not very memorable. The sole reason why I followed it was because I like Makiko's character a lot. She's a intelligent woman in her thirties, competent and capable in her work however when it comes to love she's insecure, girlish and innocent in a cute way. Other than that I really didn't like the rest of the cast. From the beginning, I felt that she was going to end up with Suga but I wanted to know how. I didn't pay attention to the younger male 'cause he didn't leave an impression. Suga was full of himself, pimping his way to get whatever he wanted. (Honestly, I hated this character at first and gradually changed to don't care.) He thought he was so darn hot so he kissed her (at their initial meeting) to seduce her. Unfortunately she fell head over heels for him (as he expected nor as the script called for it.) Then their relationship started quickly and after not too long Doc proposed. It was so quick I didn't have enough time to digest their 'deep' love. That is not to say I'm unfamiliar with the pace given the length of the series. Somehow things just didn't flow very well together and I didn't really care for most of the characters. Overall, it was kind of bland but the OP song was nice though.

oh man, i'm so sorry, I give up . I don't think I really follow this discussion closely since i'm not into reading long replies. I tried to read them but I'm lost in between. I'm so sorry Some of your points (Jade-frosts and Lady- Zhuge) are really interesting. Although I don't agree with your points but I do thank you for pouring out your thoughts. Overall, it's just that we have different views about LOVE . hehehhe, that's why this Jdorama's title is Love Revolution. What's more is that I don't really like this series (same reasons as Grifis), I just like the fact that Esumi Makiko is in there ...hehehhe....So, I really don't want to continue to join the discussion since my passion is gone

Just to say something, i'm not saying all singers are bad actors/actresses but don't expect too much from them since we know they're singers. I do like Nagase but I just like him in Tiger and Dragon (because I love that jdorama so much) . Jun ? His acting is ...bland (plz don't attack me, Jun's fans!) That's why I don't really expect "singers turned actors" to be good in acting.

Overall, if I did anything wrong .I do apologize.
    Last edited by huongduong; 02-09-07 at 04:05 PM.

Lol huongduong, no need to apologize. You're entitled to your opinions and interpretations; to me that's what's made this discussion interesting. It'd be boring if everyone was always in agreement.

I don't necessarily expect singers-turned-actors to be great at acting, but most aren't so bad that I would actually criticize their performance. Manabu has the same facial expression about 95% of the time in Love Revolution whether he's speaking softly, yelling, or expressing passion. I'm not a fan of Jun or Tomoya, but definitely haven't found their acting to be bland. To me, two of the best singer-turned-actors would be Leslie Cheung (R.I.P.) and Julian Cheung; they're better than most actors who were never singers to begin with.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I finished this series and remained pro-Suga to the end. I would give the first 7 episodes or so a 9/10, but the last 5 a 6/10 due to dragginess, for an overall average of about 7.5/10. I didn't like Kyoko's hairstyle at the end with the bangs. It made Makiko and Naohito's age gap more apparent. Almost every character ended up with someone, which is fitting for this type of drama.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")