Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Sweet 18" - KBS drama

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Default "Sweet 18" - KBS drama

I start watching this series last night and couldn't put it down! Han-Ji-Hye's character in this series is so funny and cute unlike her character in "Summer Scent" and Lee Dong-Gung.....well he remind me of Jang Dong Gun in "All About Eve". I haven't seen any sweet and romantic comedy that make me laugh so hard !

Here is a link to some infor about this series: "Sweet 18"

Has anyone seen it yet? Please share your view !
    Cheers!!!!!!

hi. I did a thread for this drama awhile back but there wasn't any response...

but yeah, I think this show is an excellent one. The story is just great and keeps you just wanting to watch on and on. Gotta say HJH and LDG's chemistry in this show is very good and HJH does very well playing her role.

for those interested, i've done a review for Spcnet on the drama. This is the link:

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=469

Hi Gunner,

Great review and well spot on ! Wow I didn't know HJH is only 19 , I thought she was much older than that when I first seen her in Summer Scent. No wonder she portrayed her character really well...LDG is actually looks older than his age ! I heard he was also in " Let's go to school, Sang Doo" have you seen it?

I'm just up to episodes 15....where Hyuk Joon just realized that he is in love with Jung Sook and there seem to be Jung Sook everywhere he look !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Hi Fallen Angel,

yeah, HJH is pretty young but seems capable of acting roles above her age. I haven't seen her in summer scent yet but I've heard how 'infamous' she was in that show but her character in Sweet 18 is just so likable. LDG does look pretty old in the show and I would've believed he was really 28! Haven't seen Let's go to school Sangdo yet but is it good? I've seen him in his latest drama 'Lover in Paris' and though he's not the main character, his acting is really good. Shows he's a real diverse actor.

btw, how many episodes does your version have? Mine has 16 and by 15 alot more things have happened which i won't spoil for you. I guess you've already watched the part where he looked at the stars through his telescope and saw Jung Sook instead!

Hi Gunner,

Yeah... LDG has done a good job in this drama and that's why I'm surprised that he is only 24 ! I guest this role required him to act and looks mature which he certainly did!

I was laughting my head off watching that telescope scenes! I think he just might quilified for the 100m sprint in the Olympic by the way he was running off !

I'm actually up to episodes 16 and is looking forward to watching it if only the rental guy can hurry up and finished recording it ! I think this is same version that you've! I caught a glimps of the episode 16 and it looks like this might be the ending....Jung Sook was kidnapped and Hyuk Joon save her and end up his hospital.....she thought he die and cried her eyes out ! There were also some glimps of them playing footsie with each other and his sister trying to keep them apart !

I haven't seen Lets Go To School Sang Do yet, but thought you've! I've heard some peolple said it was good! So I guest I just have to wait and see when my rental decide to stock it !
    Cheers!!!!!!

ahhh.. I think your version is different from mine then. Dun worry, there's still quite some while more to go after the kidnap scene so I guess you'll have more watching to do.

I heard Let's Go to School Sango was LDG's break-out role though he's only a minor character. Haven't decided if i'll catch it though coz there's simply too many K-dramas to follow!

Ohh goodie ...there's more to come! For a minute there, i thought there's only one more episode to go......

I heard Let's Go to School Sango was LDG's break-out role though he's only a minor character. Haven't decided if i'll catch it though coz there's simply too many K-dramas to follow!
    Yeah, I know what you meant...so many to choose from ! I normally watched the first six episodes to see what the storyline is about and whether or not the series is any good! I don't watched anything that is over 35 episodes long unless it is a really good one !
    Cheers!!!!!!

yeah, that's wat i like about Sweet 18. At just 16 episodes, it's not too long or too short. I've heard good things about Summer Scent, Stairway to Heaven, All-in among others but dun really know which one to start from. Sweet 18 really made my choice easy coz HJH looked soooo cute in the clips i saw. A comedy also seemed good for a change..

.. hv always love comedies ... ... tks Fallen Angel for recommendation and great job Gunner !! ... find it easy to follow and understand your interesting review .. and at 16 episode .. i look forward to it as i got phobia for long series now as i can't stop once i start ...

Originally posted by Gunner
    yeah, that's wat i like about Sweet 18. At just 16 episodes, it's not too long or too short. I've heard good things about Summer Scent, Stairway to Heaven, All-in among others but dun really know which one to start from. Sweet 18 really made my choice easy coz HJH looked soooo cute in the clips i saw. A comedy also seemed good for a change..
    Both Summer Scent and Stairway to Heaven are pretty good and they are not too long. I didn't finished All-In, only watched 12 episodes or so and most of the times the fast forward button was working overtime ! But than again it all depend on your taste......a lot people actually like it.

.. hv always love comedies ... ... tks Fallen Angel for recommendation and great job Gunner !! ... find it easy to follow and understand your interesting review .. and at 16 episode .. i look forward to it as i got phobia for long series now as i can't stop once i start ...
    You welcome, Angel_8......hope you enjoy it !

Just like SSBG, this drama also has lots of momerable scenes and HJH is as cute as Jang Nara in SSBG! I like her expression the most......the way her lips moved when is angry and some of her tantrums are so funny that it make me laught so hard !
    Cheers!!!!!!

yeah Fallen Angel, know wat you mean about Stairway to Heaven and All-in. I could watch a melodramatic movie and actually do enjoy those but I dun know if I could go through a melodramatic drama and Stairway to Heaven has a reputation of being really melodramatic fair. For now I think i'll stick with comedies like Sweet 18 and Lover in Paris which recently finished.

And glad you found the review useful Angel_8!

Hi Gunner,

I love comedies drama too, they are refreshing to watch after watching too many melodramatic series continuously. Unfortunately comedies drama are rare and not too many good series out there ! Those that I've watched are recommended by other people.

I tend to stay away from long melodramtic series these days and only watched the short one if I like the actor/actress in there!

I actually wasn't planning on watching Stairway to Heaven and only watched it when a caught a glimps of KSW while my mum was watching. I couldn't resit his smile !

So you've finished Lover in Paris, ha! What is this series about, is it a long one?

Cheers!!!!!!

Hi Fallen Angel,

yeah, for melodramas I only catch them usually if I really like the actors inside otherwise even if recommendations say the story is good, i tend to stay away from them.

As for Lover in Paris, it's 20 episodes and I caught the version without subtitles even though I dun know Korean! Still, it was funny enough and definitely worth getting once I can find the subtitled version. It's about a lady (Kim Jung Eun) who is in Paris studying film where she meets a really rich car magnate (Park Shin Yang) and is basically a Cinderella story with a few twists.

Hi Gunner,

Love In Paris sounds interesting and I'm a sucker for Cinderella story specially if there are only 20 episodes......will definately look out for it when its available in my rental store. By any chance the twists won't happen to be someone dying is it? I read somewhere that someone die in this series, it true?
    Cheers!!!!!!

Hi Fallen Angel,

Lover in Paris' ending is unique, i'll give you that, but you don't have to worry about anyone dying. I read that that was wat was originally intended but I guess the writers decided to do away with that in the end. If you like comedies and cinderella stories, you'll definitely like it.

This series ...as i gotta agree with the reviewer is worth 5 *'s.
    This is actually my fav korean drama.
    Just a good mix of comedy, drama, and sacharine sweetness.
    The happy ending helped alot(so sick of everyone dying at
    end of kdramas).

Another note....this drama actually lead me
    to buy the sweet 18 dvdset. And while i was at it...i picked up the movie
    "My Little Bride" because of the reviews and similarity to
    sweet18....very similar to sweet18 and if possible, its got
    even more sacharine sweetness. The actress is just so adorable.
    Didn't even come close to recognizing her as the actress in "Tale of two sisters".

I found Attic cat to be good too but not as good as sweet18. Sorta similar
    in some ways though.

Lover in Paris...couldn't make it to ep 2. The horrible french turned me
    off. I guess i can't stand dramas where they butcher foreign languages
    so badly, you can't help but wince every few seconds.
    Also...read the ending spoilers by accident...turned me off hehe.

Bright Girl's success was ok too but only because of Jang Nara. Otherwise
    it wouldn't have been memorable at all. Just watched Jang Nara's Oh! Happy
    Day movie too. Her facial expressions are so overboard, you can't help but
    grin.

Up to episode 3 of gumiho(9tailed fox) right now. I can almost taste the
    ending already. 8 to 10 odds that almost everyone dies

Watched Damo ep 1...potentially very good but...a friend spoiled the ending
    for me(another horrible ending). Didn't feel like watching anymore

Anymore good comedic dramas out there that are like sweet18?
    Must be less than 24 episodes. I can't stand watching dramas that are too
    long

yeah, I watched 'little bride' too. It and 'Sweet 18' are both based on the same mini-drama starring Han Hye Jin which is included in the extras for the Sweet 18 DVD set. Not nearly half as funny or sweet, though the grandpa is exactly the same guy in both dramas but he seems far meaner in the original mini-drama.

Gotta agree the actress for 'little bride', Moon Goon Yeung is waaaaay cute. I can't believe anyone could look so cute.

As for Paris, I can't understand French so I guess the poor french didn't put me off though I know wat you mean bout butchering foreign languages. Just watch any of the 'Rush Hours' for a classic example.

looks like I should try watching Sweet 18. Can anyone tell me who is Han Ji Hye? Which character did she play in Summer Scent (though I didnt watch but know a few character).

Quote Originally Posted by knbcj
    looks like I should try watching Sweet 18. Can anyone tell me who is Han Ji Hye? Which character did she play in Summer Scent (though I didnt watch but know a few character).
    She played Ryu Jin's little sister..... who like Song Seung Hun!
    Cheers!!!!!!

hi, i'm just finished watching this series...i like this drama very much. i think in this drama, there's have a strong chemistry between LDG and HJH, isn't it? i love HJH characters...very strong, can being mature at sometimes and being childish in another time. LDG characters not bad too, very nice...especially when he begin fall in love with his wife. i thought LDG character is good, even he married with HJH without love, but he still take responsible with her, being gentleman for her before he realize that he begin fall in love with her
    Last edited by yinyeksin; 01-06-05 at 11:16 PM.