Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could meet JY, what would you ask him?

Yang Guo and Guo Jing --- Who's the more powerful of the two.

There, it's going to end all the repeated debates.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Yang Guo and Guo Jing --- Who's the more powerful of the two.

There, it's going to end all the repeated debates.
    Jin Yong's reply: "That's a good question. I have no idea myself. That's why I never had them fight at the end of ROCH."

Let the debate continue...

ken, can you also ask jin yong to answer my 10 questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Jin Yong's reply: "That's a good question. I have no idea myself. That's why I never had them fight at the end of ROCH."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    Why the heck aren't you writing more novels? Run out of ideas?
    he actually answered that questions in the interview by students from Beijing University in 25/10/1994, he stated:

"I can't write anymore. I have written alot of novels already, whatever i want to say [show] it seems enough. I'm not sure if i can write more novels on history/wuxia but as long as i'm in good health, i would write one or two more."

but later on he stated again: "My age is high, physical is weak, but i'm really happy that i'm in an environment that i can obtain more knowledge ... Second road i would take is to write a couple more novels ... writing wuxia is tiredsome[hardwork] ... if peacful [quiet], i would write a couple more history/wuxia novels"

http://www.vietmessenger.com/books/?...ng&interview=1 <-- thats where i got the source from, and maybe my English or Vietnamese or both are not quite good but i tried my best to translate his words word by word.

if you read his bio, he has a pretty extensive bg knowledge in history and most of his novels are Chinese History based. therefore personally i dont think he ran out of ideas, he is 80 now...and he prolly would like a peaceful life.
    Last edited by TuToo; 11-25-04 at 06:26 AM.
    i.am.2too.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

who the hell is it DGQB? Is he living in a frelling parallel universe? and can you please list in detail all those martial-art expert that you said DGQB have defeated? And how in the hezmana that FQY learn the DG9J?

Quote Originally Posted by TuToo
    he actually answered that questions in the interview by students from Beijing University in 25/10/1994, he stated:

"I can't write anymore. I have written alot of novels already, whatever i want to say [show] it seems enough. I'm not sure if i can write more novels on history/wuxia but as long as i'm in good health, i would write one or two more."

but later on he stated again: "My age is high, physical is weak, but i'm really happy that i'm in an environment that i can obtain more knowledge ... Second road i would take is to write a couple more novels ... writing wuxia is tiredsome[hardwork] ... if peacful [quiet], i would write a couple more history/wuxia novels"

http://www.vietmessenger.com/books/?...ng&interview=1 <-- thats where i got the source from, and maybe my English or Vietnamese or both are not quite good but i tried my best to translate his words word by word.

if you read his bio, he has a pretty extensive bg knowledge in history and most of his novels are Chinese History based. therefore personally i dont think he ran out of ideas, he is 80 now...and he prolly would like a peaceful life.
    Dang.

*fanmails him ginseng
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Cool Comments

3 Questions [only the last counts]:
    1. Being a charitable buddhist, when are you donating your entire work to a free online library like the Gutenburg Project? haha.
    2. Assuming the revisions are for profit, when will there be an XXX version of your novels? haha. [Imagine a bastardized version of Jade [Pure] MaidenSwordplay...] I recommend the Taiwan woman who you revoked the movie-rights ... if the musical sucks, we can always blame her and revoke the rights AGAIN. haha.
    3. There is Buffy the Vampire slayer musical, Zena the warrior princess musical, etc. when will there be a wuxia musical? I recommend "We will we will rock you" during YG vs. GWM's battle at 9Festival Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    5. Which female character in you novel u like most?
    i know that he likes HR least, that would help elliminate her out
    Last edited by TuToo; 11-26-04 at 06:15 AM.
    i.am.2too.

To Wai Shing,
    Thank you so much for letting me know. I heard that he answered some of the questions, but wasn't sure which ones. Do you mean LOCH 83?? WOW, I am happy that he liked that and ROCH 83 the most. I did hear that he liked Idy as XLN the most though. Thanks again!!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

There were fights in the first and the second Hua Shan Lun Jian but no fight in the third.
    They broke the tradition!

revisit this thread. wonder if i could have some more advice on my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    1. have you thought about writing an aftermath of hsds? if so, what will the story be like?

2. who actually zwj love deep inside his heart?

3. where is island of ice and fire, and snake island according to today's world map?

4. how long does the persians took sailing from persia to snake island?

5. how on earth xx knows that zzr is the person responsible at snake island? and how on earth zzr knows that xx knows this? [answered by cbyermonk, thks one again]

6. how will the story likely to change if zzr was raised in wudang? {the general consensus is that it is very unlikely that this will happen for wudang is a all-male sect}

7. how will the story likely to change if zwj married zzr?

8. was the suicide attempt a plot by zzr? {according to green destiny, it appears to be a "yes". but i am not very convinced}

9. if you were to write hsds from the beginning again, how will you write it?

I was watching some outtakes on ROCH 2006 and saw JY in them and it amazes me still that he is still alive. I wish I could meet the man who braught us all these wonderful wuxia novels that kept us all talking about them over and over. I just thought to bring this topic back up since we have a surge of new posters recently who might have questions for the great JY and perhaps even our fellow posters can answer them.

1. So who are the top ten fighters in your world?
    2. With which character could you relate most to?
    3. How do you feel about the fact that you're a mega-bestseller and have inflamed the imagination of generations...?
    4. What was the hardest book/chapter/character to write? Why?
    5. What was the easiest? Why?

I am a total sucker for rankings. A big fan of TigerWong's GL top 50 list.

So I would ask questions on the line of:

Will you compile up

a top fighters list,
    a top beauties list,
    so on and so on.

First I'd ask him "Do you speak english? If not, could we get a translator?" then I would procede to "Who did you intend to be the prettiest out of all the girls in your novels? And please rank the rest."
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

I'll be hard hitting.

Have you ever attempted to write without the aid of plot devices?
    Why is there no ugly female protagonist?
    As a Buddhist, does it not shame you to make Buddhist monks the main villians of so many of your novels?
    And of course, Did Zhuo Bufan improve on his swordsmanship? Is there a level beyond the peak of perfection?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Can I have the rights to do the 4th edition of you works?

I would ask JY if he can give me the rights to ROCH, so then I can use this leverage to star in every future adaptations as YG and be with all those future generation of XLN's hehe
    Last edited by Yeung Gor; 09-06-06 at 07:18 AM.