Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: that rumour about Jolin and Jay

May be she's so popular 'cos she's associated with Jay?
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want."

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I am kinda neutral towards plastic surgery, if a particular artiste has so little confidence in his/her looks that he/she would go for plastic surgery, by all means go ahead. Beauty is not eternal, we will all grow old some day.

The thing that irk me so much is that the artistes totally deny that they have any surgery when it is so damn obvious. Give me a break! Who are they trying to kid??
    Plastic surgery seems quite fake to me, but I'll still like an artiste even if they had the surgery, if I liked them for what they did in the first place. Plus if they don't go denying about the obvious. I get irked by that too! What's she trying to prove by threatening to sue the dude who said she changed her nose? When I first saw a picture of the new her, I was wondering 'what is this thing?' No offence to Jolin fans.

And yeah, maybe it's partly cos of her association to Jay. I listened to her songs produced by Sony and realised the only ones which appealed to me were written by Jay or were cover songs.

Yeah I agree that she part of the reason she became so popular was her association with Jay. Remember back in those days a long long time ago, her album sales were going down and she is no longer fresh and interesting for the TW fans. Then she switch company, stories that she and Jay were an item came out, Jay started writing songs for her and she turn from Ruby Lin lookalike to Ayumi copycat. (Probably had her little appointment with the plastic surgeon at this time)

I am not too familiar with Jolin's songs, they all sound the same to me. The ones that I actually think are quite okay are those written by Jay.

I don't know, but it seems like all you need to do nowadays is grab a girl off the streets, heavily package her (plastic surgery included..), write great songs for her to sing, lots of publicity and poof, she's the next sensation. I don't deny that Jolin perhaps works really hard, to learn her dancing and maybe try and sing better... :/ but every singer's working hard too (some are really talented but just not pretty and lack publicity) that's why I don't think she deserves all this hype. Plus Jolin gives off lotsa bad vibes to me... sorry.

Yes. Someone explain to me in detail why she's so hot now..

(edit) oops.. just realised we've spent one large portion of the thread dissing her.. (/edit)
    Last edited by summersakura; 01-03-05 at 09:15 AM.

If Jolin had done surgery (apparently she looks like she did), she should had made herself prettier. Do you people notice that she looks really ugly without make-up. And her mouth is bigger than mine, which is unacceptable since I'm a GUY of her age.

Edit: Sorry, I spelt makeout wrongly, changed it to make-up.

Her mouth is big, but having a big mouth is ok I guess, like Julia Robert. The thing is, if she wants to do something to her nose, she might as well do something to her mouth as well. But perhaps she didn't want to make it too obvious..

Yes, we have spent one large part of the thread dissing her. Strange, despite the hordes of fans that she is supposed to have, nobody has step forward to defend her.

I have not seen her without makeup before, but from other threads, some posters mentioned that they have seen her up close and personal before, and said that she is skinny and looks quite ghastly real life. Julia Roberts has nice pretty big lips... Jolin has ugly ones. How can compare a megastar with a puny little wannabe?

If you saw her first MV (don't know the name), and compare it to now, you see two different persons. And she really looks ghastly without make-up (this time I spelt corectly ), like she needed a blood tranfusion.

As for her legion of abusive fans, they most probably know that we were right in our claims anyway. Talking about Michael Jackson saying he never had plastic surgery, who would believe anyway...

1 of my friend recently became a joylin fan n when i asked her y, she said it's her new "looK", ie da post-surgery look. n then she said it's bcos jay likes joylin.

Quote Originally Posted by annaij7211
    1 of my friend recently became a joylin fan n when i asked her y, she said it's her new "looK", ie da post-surgery look. n then she said it's bcos jay likes joylin.
    So what your friend means, she's Jay Chou-wannabe or she's Jay Chou himself? Either way acceptable.....

She likes her for her new look?! Ew!

Sorry.

Eww.... likes her new look?? Your friend likes people with fake boobs, fake nose, lotsa makeup, severely underweight and basically ghastly in appearance??
    Ah... standards quite low... she must like Xu Chun mei alot too. She's skinny, severely underweight, looks ghastly and has lotsa makeup. And she sings and dances too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    the last time i heard,jolin wanted to sue someone(a plastic surgery doc,i think)cuz he claimed that she had a nose job...i've no idea wad happened in the end....i alwes visit their fan clubs and wad do i see?jay's fans thrashing jolin's fan club and discussion forums .......it's a really sad thing!
    If we incur the wrath of joylin, we could end up doing odd jobs to pay off the massive compensations that she may demand....urrgs....my hard-earned money would go towards the construction of new boobs and nose!

this is really late but happy new year to you summersakura.

For some reason, I realized Jolin look so much better than before. I think she really did something w/ her appearance. I like her songs but if you listen to it too much u get so sick of it.

see..which proves the point ..that drastic changes cannot be covered up so easily..no matter what she or her manager says.

I get bad vibes from Jolin from the way she carries herself, and from her interviews and what she says. It's not fair how lots of celebs get hated for saying all the wrong stuff, despite the fact that they're just being honest and real.

And how can people deny she's an Ayumi ripoff? Really, there are too many coincidences. For example, poses are really generic, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt for that, though I saw another pose in the album which reminded me of Ayumi. Then she dresses the same way, releases a remix album which Ayumi has been doing... and if I'm not wrong Ayumi probably went for plastic surgery as well, looks like it. Etc.. I know many singers do at least one of the above, but Jolin's doing such similar stuff. Sorry it's just so much the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Watchwacky
    If we incur the wrath of joylin, we could end up doing odd jobs to pay off the massive compensations that she may demand....urrgs....my hard-earned money would go towards the construction of new boobs and nose!
    Hahahahahaha...

What happened to Jay? He's in the title of the thread too! Oh well, not much to say about him..

ya, let's talkig abt jay!

wat does every1 fink of his latest album????
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

Not bad.. Qi Li Xiang is nice, Zhi Zhan Zhi Shang is nice..

I didn't like Yi Fu Zhi Ming from his previous album Ye Hui Mei. Too freaky in my opinion.