Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 - Y Thien Do Long Ky 2003.

Just finished this and LOVED IT!! My favorite character was Zhao Min played by Alyssa Chia, although GYY did a good job as Zi Ruo too. Although I think she could have been more evil.

I have to admit that GYY did a good job with her transformation from sweet innocent student to crazy powerful psycho leader.

Also must praise Chen Zi Han's part as Zhu Er. Although the role was not huge, she played the part to the fullest!

Err...can someone upload the opening and ending songs again? I missed them!

Quote Originally Posted by the malevolent pianist
    can you tell me if you guys have the song Da Sheng Shuo Ai Wo from Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre? thanks if you do. i hope you do. well if you have it can you send it to me over streamload. my streamload account is aznxmonkey920 thanks.
    I wish I could find it. I'm surprised that song didn't get popular cause it was so good. Most ppl liked it.

I really enjoyed the series. I first bought it in vcd format. The when the dvd format came out I got that as well. I am such a sucker.
    I am a culture unto myself.

Quote Originally Posted by keepp
    I really enjoyed the series. I first bought it in vcd format. The when the dvd format came out I got that as well. I am such a sucker.
    Lol! Should have just waited for the DVD to come out. That seems like a waste of money to buy both formats.

that's where the sucker part comes in. I get kinda impatient and have to have it asap.

just finished this series and i have to say that even though i love tony leung (my 2nd biggest childhood crush after miu kiu wai), my favorite hsds remake so far is 2003...maybe because this remake is faster pace or maybe because they toned down all of the ladies ruthlessness and gave us more insight as to why and how zzr became ruthless. but whatever the case, i have to say that this series was very enjoyable and i adore alyssa and gyy in this series. i sorta knew that i wanted cmk and zm to be together but another part (and it was a large part) of me wanted cmk to proceed with the wedding. the way gyy portrayed zzr's disappointment and hurt was heartwrenching when cmk left her at the altar...

but alyssa was so cute that you couldn't help but root for them. this is a must have series for me. despite the cheesy fight scenes, i thought the ladies were well chosen and were given a fair amount of screentime so that the audience could sympathize with them and want cmk to be with them...and the ladies were gorgeous...i'm so envious.

i would like to see how the next hsds series would be like.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Yes, one thing i like about thise series is how they gave a fair weightage to the 4 ladies..they dont just concentrate solely on ZM or ZZR etc, and this is the one series which had all the female characters well choosen and gorgeous looking too, i must applaude the person who did the casting! and i also liked how they gave reasonable screentime to supporting characters and subplots as well. With the exception of some rushed editing here and there, the really bad CGIs, some pretty horrible fighting stunts and average scenary, the series was very much enjoyable overall.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

The tripod ones won't open!! Thank you for trying though!

I loved the costumes too. For the girls at least. Beautiful!

Alex is a good actor but he's too short for the role. I hope they pick a guy that looks bad @ss!

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Alex is a good actor but he's too short for the role. I hope they pick a guy that looks bad @ss!
    I agree. Need somebody of bigger stature.

One of my favorite scenes in this series was when Alec had to tickle Alyssa in order to make her let him out. How Kim Dung thinks up stuff like that, I don't know.....lol! Alyssa was great in that scene. She had tears in her eyes when she was laughing like in the book how she was laughing and crying at the same time. And when Alec looked like he was pushing more energy in her foot, she jumped and little and laughed harder!

I thought that Alec Su was okay in some scenes, I wished he had been a little taller though. Next to Gao Yuan Yuan he looked a little short.

Speaking of nothing, does anyone still have the ending theme, the one sung by a woman? I've been looking all over for it, so reply here, email me at [email protected], PM me... anything if you have it or know where I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by chynagongju
    The tripod ones won't open!! Thank you for trying though!

I loved the costumes too. For the girls at least. Beautiful!
    no, they work. right click > save as

ok, for those who are looking for the songs in hsds, i have most, if not all of them.

thing is though, i'm at uni now and the files are on my comp at home.

so whoever whats what song just email me or pm me and i will send them to you when i get hom, otherwise i may forget.

and as for the ending song, are you looking for "ai shang zhang wu ji"? the ending song that was sung by the woman in the china version...?

well, just let me know anyway, coz i have the ending song for both the china and taiwan version (ai shang zhang wu ji AND da sheng shuo ai wo).

oh... actually, now that i think of it, there is only one song that i don't have. that's the themesong to the taiwan version. what i have is the themevideo though, only difference is the file will be bigger, but u can still hear the song.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Is there an OST for this series?

I guess it makes sense to use the same actor for both ZCS and ZWJ, but it kind of confused me in the beginning.

And couldn't they have built a boat or something all that time that they were on the island? They can't have been too far from land because they traveled there on a tiny boat. Lol.

Chen is Singapore's Florence Tan and she really showed in that series that she has more real acting talent than both Fann and Zoe combined.

Quote Originally Posted by chynagongju
    Also must praise Chen Zi Han's part as Zhu Er. Although the role was not huge, she played the part to the fullest!

i think you guys have mistaken.

zhu er (yin li) was played by mainland chinese actress chen sa sa. florence tan played the role of siu zhao.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Haha I stand corrected. /bow

Quote Originally Posted by da azn devil
    i think you guys have mistaken.

zhu er (yin li) was played by mainland chinese actress chen sa sa. florence tan played the role of siu zhao.

Anyone can post the ending songs again? Please?
    Drama Serial Maniac... The crazy one