Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SlAm~
    seems like Vicki will film an aristic indie film possibly at the end of this yr~

it's confirmed already? man, this should be her biggest year....cant wait to watch her work...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    it's confirmed already? man, this should be her biggest year....cant wait to watch her work...
    well... when it will be filmed is still not yet confirmed..possible end of this yr~
    but yeah being an artistic indie film..i think has been confirmed>>
    lol and i cant wait to watch her wrk as well>>

An artistic indie film? That sounds interesting...it's cool that she's doing some indie work too.

And I think it's pretty likely confirmed, since Vicki said so herself on 8787!

New movie is purely an artistic indie film, will possibly film at the end of the year. by Zhao Wei on 19/10/2006 at 20:39:07
    Last edited by Sparky; 10-22-06 at 06:14 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Good news!!!

Vicki is nominated for BestSupporting Actress at the 43th. Taiwan Annual Golden Horse Award for her role in "The Aunt's Postmodern Life" and the nomination list just announced yesterday.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

Really? That's awesome! Best of luck to her -- hope she wins! I thought her character was very interesting in The Postmodern Life of My Aunt.

Any idea when she'll start filming "Guang"?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Default pictures!

Here are some pics from the 2007 CCTV China Fashion Trends Conference Gala...Vicki was there, yes (well obviously, since I'm posting pics). Not sure if she's singing or not, but just wanted to share them.

Source: zhaoweinetfamily.com, but I saved these and hosted them on imageshack

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8561/img200610191uv0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/1074/img200610192yp9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/4078/img200610193wu4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/6370/img200610194bv4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/6192/img200610195pt4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/8466/img200610196wh8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/7721/img200610197cc3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1138/img200610198mf2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5961/img200610199eg8.jpg')
    Last edited by Sparky; 10-23-06 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Really? That's awesome! Best of luck to her -- hope she wins! I thought her character was very interesting in The Postmodern Life of My Aunt.

Any idea when she'll start filming "Guang"?
    I beleive Vicki will film "Guang" in november

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    I beleive Vicki will film "Guang" in november
    Wow November...that sounds like so far away, but it's actually the end of October. 2006 has totally flown by. Anyway, the film has an interesting title...wonder if they have a synopsis yet.

Vicki got a nomination for best supporting actress in the golden horse awards!! go Vicki!!

Hope she'll win

Yup...I think bio posted that. Anyway, do they have a whole list of the nominations already? wonder who's her competition

Hope she wins...she'll have another award to add to her collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Yup...I think bio posted that. Anyway, do they have a whole list of the nominations already? wonder who's her competition

Hope she wins...she'll have another award to add to her collection!
    i saw a list of the other nominees, but i didn't recognize any names.

i hope Vicki win too! ^^

but what abt the Best Actress award? why didnt she get nominations for that?

Golden Horse Award will be giving out in TW on November 25, 2006. Vicki stated in her messages at netfamily, that she will try her best to attend the event. Vicki didn't get a nomination for Best Actress because she is not main lead in "The Aunt's Postmodern Life". Vicki have a small role in "The Aunt's Postmodern Life" and she only film it because of her friendship with director Xu AnnHu and screenwrite Li Qiang

Quote Originally Posted by HanaButa
    i hope Vicki win too! ^^

but what abt the Best Actress award? why didnt she get nominations for that?
    Yea, basically what bio said. The categories are based on the role you have in a movie, and Vicki had a guest starring role in The Postmodern Life of My Aunt. Actually, the lead actress Siqin Gaowa (who I thought was really funny) got a nomination too, for best leading actress. She's up against Zhou Xun though, from Perhaps Love.

Vicki's won about three (I think) Best Actress awards for A Time to Love though, so I hope she gets one for best supporting actress too. Good luck to her!

The full nomination list is here:
    http://www.goldenhorse.org.tw/gh_main/gh-e-5.aspx

isn't this the movie vicki did w/o pay? i thought that was pretty nice.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

im just quite disappointed that the tv here never airs awards that has vicki in it.... id never knew how many or what has she won if i dont surf the internet....she's got numerous recognition in the entertainment world....i really want to see her on the red carpet in tv where i can watch her with my friends...geesh...all they know is zhang ziyi this, zhang ziyi that, they wouldnt have known about vicki if i dont put up her poster for my computer wallpaper...

long time ago, i bought HZGG I and watched alone at first, but man, vicki was so good that my friend got hooked up despite her not understanding a word of mandarin. And as everybody knows that series dont have english subs! i just wanna tell this because i really think vicki is one hella an actress and i love her so much! i never watch art, love stories movies coz im an action-packed/sci-fi diehard, but with vicki somehow i can tolerate the slow-paced movies and series shes in...im impressed of myself...LOL
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 10-26-06 at 09:48 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I think Vicki's screen presence is pure magic. Once she's on, it's her you pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    isn't this the movie vicki did w/o pay? i thought that was pretty nice.
    It's The Postmodern Life of My Aunt. Vicki's good friends w/ the director, Ann Hui, who also directed Jade Goddess. Chow Yun Fat was in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    im just quite disappointed that the tv here never airs awards that has vicki in it.... id never knew how many or what has she won if i dont surf the internet....she's got numerous recognition in the entertainment world....i really want to see her on the red carpet in tv where i can watch her with my friends...geesh...all they know is zhang ziyi this, zhang ziyi that, they wouldnt have known about vicki if i dont put up her poster for my computer wallpaper...

long time ago, i bought HZGG I and watched alone at first, but man, vicki was so good that my friend got hooked up despite her not understanding a word of mandarin. And as everybody knows that series dont have english subs! i just wanna tell this because i really think vicki is one hella an actress and i love her so much! i never watch art, love stories movies coz im an action-packed/sci-fi diehard, but with vicki somehow i can tolerate the slow-paced movies and series shes in...im impressed of myself...LOL
    wow... you must be pretty persuasive... at leas HZGG is your friends doesn't even understand mandarin and he watches HZGG!!

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    wow... you must be pretty persuasive... at leas HZGG is your friends doesn't even understand mandarin and he watches HZGG!!
    Yeah, I concur! How do you do it? Hehe. I've tried to make sooo many of my friends watch some of my favourite series like HZGG, Xian Jian, HSDS...and none of them listen! They're just like, "Let's watch Meteor Garden 2", which is the point where I really feel like leaving, since MG 1 was all right, but MG 2 was pointless. And when I was trying to get my friend to watch HZGG, she was just like, "The guy's hair looks so weird."