Thread: Vicki Zhao Wei (赵薇)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mymbox.cn/Images/Album/200841010181667313.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mymbox.cn/Images/Album/200841010134391353.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mymbox.cn/Images/Album/200841010135211260.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mymbox.cn/Images/Album/20084101014172797.jpg')

People say that Vicki has bad taste in style but at least she takes risks. I agree sometimes she could dress better but with Vicki you see how beautiful she is because it is her own style. When she shines you realize that it's her natural beauty and not because she's wearing 3 layers of makeup, with fake hair, or fake lashes like many celebrities now a day. Of course anyone can look beautiful with fake lashes, thick makeup, with wigs on, and with a fake/superficial smile but not everyone can really shine when they go with the simplistic look like Vicki. She's always smiling regardless, and it's very refreshing. She's unique and special because she has looks, intelligence and also talent.

Quote Originally Posted by sammothy View Post
    Just sometimes.. not all the time actually. In some events, she looked totally gorgeous. But most of the times not. haha..

It's alright.. we love her not because of the way she dressed right? We love her because of her works...all the things she's doing right now. Pretty face and great outfit are just bonuses. if she doesn't have it sometimes, it doesn't matter.

i second that! awwww other stuffs don't really matter, what's important is her and the joy she gives to other people. that's why she's always loved

it's her simplicity and heart that makes people like her... it's her inner beauty actually
    Last edited by zhaoddicted; 04-10-08 at 05:23 AM.
    would i rather know or not know? some say that what i do not know won't hurt me, but what if i know that i do not know something?

won't that hurt too?

From: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...owtopic=525201

Vicki Zhao is a Liar, Ruby Lin Loves to Step on Others - “Pearl Princess” Director Reveals All

“The Pearl Princess” series made Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin and Fan Bing Bing into superstars overnight. Yesterday, the series’ director Suen Shu Pei talked for the first time about the people he himself had created into superstars, he criticized all the main cast members, Fan Bing Bing was the only person who received praises from the director.

Never Contacted the Director After Getting Famous

Director Suen told reporters, when “Pearl Princess 1” was filming, the writer of the novel Qiong Yao never bothered to visit us on set because her attention was all focused on another series that she was making at the time. It was only after the huge success of the first series, she bothered to visit us onset while we were filming the sequel.

Last year was the 10th anniversary of when “Pearl Princess” first aired, many reporters wanted to interview me, and asked me whether there were going to be any celebrations, I only had two words to say “cold & lonely.” Apart from Fan Bing Bing, not a single one of the cast bothered to keep in contact with me.

Vicki Zhao Caught Lying

Mentioning “Little Swallow” Vicki, director Suen remembered that once a TV program called him to ask whether Vicki had kept in contact with him, although in reality Vicki had never contacted the director, the director still tried to save her face and answered that Vicki had contacted him on one occasion. Little did he know that after the TV program talked with him, they called Vicki straightaway to ask whether she’s kept in contact with the director, and Vicki’s reply was “I call director Suen all the time, I would ask him for advice on acting tips.”

Ruby Lin Loves to Show Off and Step on Others

In 2004, Ruby Lin appeared on a talk show where she criticized her male co-star in “Pearl Princess” Zhou Jie, she said when they were filming, he would try to grab all the attention and even forced her to French kiss him. Director Suen replied “I’m not sure about Zhou Jie forcing Ruby to kiss him, but I think Ruby loves to exaggerate the things she say, she likes to step on others in order to make herself look good. At the time of filming, Qiong Yao did not want Ruby to be part of the show, it was me that defended her and let her stay in the show, but she has never bothered to keep in touch with me, never mind receiving any thanks from her.”

Zhou Jie is too Hotheaded, Made Alec Su Angry

Zhou Jie was recently in the news for injuring some people, director Suen said “Zhou Jie is always doing wrong things, he is too hot-headed, loves to grab attention and very arrogant, he made Alec very angry with him. I heard that people from other series also don’t get along with him, his personality is not suited for the entertainment circle, you can see his career has been going downhill.”

Fan Bing Bing is Most Grateful to Me

Fan Bing Bing is the only one got praised by the director, he said “Fan Bing Bing only played a maid in the series, compared to the others she had the least scenes, but she was still grateful to me, every festival season she would give me a call. All the rumours about her are false, some people said she paid me money to be part of the show, but it’s false. And the rumours about her hitting Vicki, Vicki was the female lead while Fan Bing Bing was just a supporting actress, she would never dare to hit Vicki.”

http://post.ent.tom.com/9B0003FF769.html

Discuss.

That article is honestly just nonsense. Wasn't he the guy who actually defended Vicki when she was accused of buying her role as XYZ, an accusation started by FBB's ex-manager. Vicki has been voted and chosen both by Neitzens and critics to be the most welcomed/honest and trusted celebrity while FBB has been on every "hate" list and now FBB is suddenly the angel. There is something wrong with this. I don't believe a single thing in this article. The writer is either hopelessly obsessed with FBB, or that FBB paid someone to get this written.

Anyways...here's the cover of Vicki's new magazine.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg20.163.com/lady/2008/4/10/20080410173634e9870.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by hmschocolate View Post
    Director Suen told reporters, when “Pearl Princess 1” was filming, the writer of the novel Qiong Yao never bothered to visit us on set because her attention was all focused on another series that she was making at the time. It was only after the huge success of the first series, she bothered to visit us onset while we were filming the sequel.
    LOL. so funny. i think Qiong Yao would have known that it was a huge hit in the middle of the first show, not until it was finished. If Qiong Yao wanted to bother him, she would've done it when the first show hadn't been finished yet. Not waited for the sequel, right ? This is so ridiculous...

Mentioning “Little Swallow” Vicki, director Suen remembered that once a TV program called him to ask whether Vicki had kept in contact with him, although in reality Vicki had never contacted the director, the director still tried to save her face and answered that Vicki had contacted him on one occasion. Little did he know that after the TV program talked with him, they called Vicki straightaway to ask whether she’s kept in contact with the director, and Vicki’s reply was “I call director Suen all the time, I would ask him for advice on acting tips.”
    I just pity him. Did he expect Vicki to call him all the time ?

In 2004, Ruby Lin appeared on a talk show where she criticized her male co-star in “Pearl Princess” Zhou Jie, she said when they were filming, he would try to grab all the attention and even forced her to French kiss him. Director Suen replied “I’m not sure about Zhou Jie forcing Ruby to kiss him, but I think Ruby loves to exaggerate the things she say, she likes to step on others in order to make herself look good. At the time of filming, Qiong Yao did not want Ruby to be part of the show, it was me that defended her and let her stay in the show, but she has never bothered to keep in touch with me, never mind receiving any thanks from her.”
    This is just another stupid accusation.

Fan Bing Bing is the only one got praised by the director, he said “Fan Bing Bing only played a maid in the series, compared to the others she had the least scenes, but she was still grateful to me, every festival season she would give me a call. All the rumours about her are false, some people said she paid me money to be part of the show, but it’s false. And the rumours about her hitting Vicki, Vicki was the female lead while Fan Bing Bing was just a supporting actress, she would never dare to hit Vicki.”
    All being accused and only FBB was an angel for him ? He must has been paid.

If he doesn't clarify this news, i think he just ended his career or at least Qiong Yao, ZW, RL and ZJ wouldn't bother to talk to him anymore. or maybe they already didn't ?
    Last edited by sammothy; 04-10-08 at 10:01 PM.

Anyways, thanks for the cover DEGE..

what is the main title for her article ? something about female and male ? hehe..

well, from you guys point of view...
    there no one actress that good enough....
    it hard to choose an actress that worth being idolize

Wow sound like this director is really bitter about the cast not calling him. But does he really expect the cast to call him all the time or something? I really don't believe a word of this article.
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

I know. The article is so funny. I mean, it's so hypocritical. First he said he'd lied about Vicki calling him to save her face then accused her of lying. What was she supposed to do when someone called her up and told her that he said she calls him and asked whether it's true? Say its not???

Besides, QY didn't know HZGG would be a success. She didnt even have that much faith in the series. why should she had wasted her time with it then when it was unknown?

Who knows if FBB actually calls him? I mean when he says 'no one ever contacts me', it's only going to be interesting with an 'except' and so he has to say 'except this girl who had a really small role'. right?

Vicki's upcoming activities

April 12-in Beijing for 15th Annual China Top Music Radio Award
    Vicki nominated for
    1-[Best] Female Singer of the Year
    2-Most Popular Female Singer
    3-Album of the Year [Angel's Suitcase]

April 13-Vicki will attend 27th Annual Hong Kong Film Award
    1-Nominate for Best Supporting Actress

April 15-Vicki suppose to return to Wuhu to film "Epic of A Woman"

Sometime in May Vicki will attend the premier of "Chi Bi" at Cannes International Film Festival
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

aahhh... Cannes !!!! can't wait for her appearanceee...

hope she dresses realy welll ... hehe.

errrr about the news, obviously that director favors to FBB.
    sooo absurd!

if FBB is the most grateful to him then fine haha no one cares!
    there's only one thing i see about that news, it's totally absurd. tsktsk

i think he is jealous to other directors (who have constant communication to the people he mentioned except FBB) enough for him to include that his past casts are like forgetting him now. haha i really think so...

and for bio's update...
    nice! ^_^ thanks!
    would i rather know or not know? some say that what i do not know won't hurt me, but what if i know that i do not know something?

won't that hurt too?

Vicki took home with two biggest awards of the night at China Top Music Radio Award show with "Mainland-Album of the Year" and "Mainland Most versatile Artist", but unfortunately her fashion sense, for some reason abandon her today.
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

cool~
    isnt the Album of The Year AwardSomething she wanted?
    thX 4 the update bio!

Quote Originally Posted by bio View Post
    Vicki took home with two biggest awards of the night at China Top Music Radio Award show with "Mainland-Album of the Year" and "Mainland Most versatile Artist", but unfortunately her fashion sense, for some reason abandon her today.
    check this out :

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Chinese-Female/Vicki-Zhao-Wei/9819112.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Chinese-Female/Vicki-Zhao-Wei/normal_27-3-48697-3-78-12-20080413010547.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Chinese-Female/Vicki-Zhao-Wei/normal_27-3-48696-3-78-12-20080413010532.jpg')

Red must be her fav color...

What are those blink-blink ??? and the hair ???

Oh God.. now i'm really worried what would she wears at Cannes...

Did she ever say anything about her concert ?

check this out :

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Chinese-Female/Vicki-Zhao-Wei/9819112.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Chinese-Female/Vicki-Zhao-Wei/normal_27-3-48697-3-78-12-20080413010547.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Chinese-Female/Vicki-Zhao-Wei/normal_27-3-48696-3-78-12-20080413010532.jpg')

LOL... i gather u're not suppose 2 get pictures from asian fanatics...

plus, i think she look alright...

check this out :

This in not Zhao Wei. Definitely doesn't look like her.