Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Help!!I can't find Jue Qing Gu. Neither can I find Bai Hua Gu (who live there?). Can anyone tell me a more specific location? Is it far away from the mainland? Is it near the snowy place?

I found a lot of places like Snake Island, Xia Ke Island, Yue Lao San's place, Miu Ren Feng's place, a guy call 'something Ba Wang' place and I think also found Blossom Island. But I just can't find Jue Qing Gu.

Ok, I found Jue Qing Gu already.

Now, I'm trying to get a cure for Miao Rei Feng's poison. Where did that guy who poisoned Miao Ren Feng stay?

Met Hung 7 Gong. He wants a special dish. I accidentally got to the home of the guy who cook very well. He said he can cook the dish if I can get him the ingrediant. Is there a special place where I can get it?

Lastly, I went to Ying Gu's place but found no one. Do I need to do something else first before I can meet her?

Where have all the game experts gone? All go to 'bi guan'?

Holidays mate. No internet for a few days. So you can consider that as 'bi guan'.

Ok here goes.

1) List of islands going clockwise from the top of the map.
    - Ice fire island
    - Snake island
    - Island where Yuan Cheng Zhi is
    - Plum Blossom island
    - Yin Yang Dao island (treasure here. unlock treasure when you have both knifes)
    - Yue Lao San's island
    - Xia Ke Xing island (I'm not sure of this islands location with Yue Lao San's island, its either this first or that)
    - something Ba Wang's island (this is where you find the secret chamber with a teleport machine. You have to fight 10 fighters here as the game's last fight)

2) The dude who poisoned Miao Ren Feng is the dude who got the 2 missing pages from Hu family sabre's manual. The guy with the 7 xing hai tang. Stays south of Tien Bo Guang and Lin Ping Zhi's place. If you killed him you should already have the 7 xing hai tang. Take that to the Yao Wang's place. Give it to the girl there and she will make the antidote for you.

3) There are 4 or 5 ingredients (can't remember) which you will get from different places. I only remember 4 places. Yue Lao San's place, Snake island, Cheng Kun's hut and Ding Chun Qiu's place. The cook will tell you what ingredient's to get. So you can check whether its 4 or 5. Get all the ingredients, go back to the cook. He'll cook it and bring it to Hong 7 Gong. He will then give you the great Xiang Long 18 Zhang.

4) Ying Gu....hmmm....can't remember what triggers her to be there. Let me think. Its either you have to meet Zhou Bo Tong and/or Yi Deng or you have to have Xiao Long Nu with you. I forgot.
    Last edited by Xiao Feng; 01-24-05 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks Xiao Feng.

I've already got Xu Zhu and SPT finished learning the '18 Figurine' skill. Isn't the 18 figurine skill allows a character to learn both Yin and Yang martial art? Why SPT still unable to learn 'Bei Ming Shen Gong'? What's good is that skill for SPT? I'm currently letting SPT learn that lightness kungfu skills Z3F gave me so that he can move farther. After that, I dunno what to teach him liao. One thing I like about SPT is his high defense. I remember fighting a guy that hit everyone within a radius distant from him when he attack. DY lost 80 pts from 1 attack while SPT only lost 10-20pts.
    Currently I've saved the game in front of that chess guy home.

There's way too many cool characters and too like space (5 teammates only). I'm begining to like Hu Fei too. This guy learn things fast and his Wu Family Sabre skill is powerful. His defence is also not bad and he doesn't lost heaps of energy after each attack like YG did. Currently I'm letting him learn 'Bei Ming Shen Gong'. Yang Guo is powerful, but he use way too much internal energy. 3 rounds, and all internal energy gone. I've also let him learn 'Bei Ming Shen Gong' too since he lost energy so easily. Have currently drop him from the team because I need to get XZ in my team when I can in case my virtue points go down again and also to get the Xiao Yao martial arts. Btw, sometime the internal energy stat is in purple color. What's that means?

I think I'll let DY follow WYY. That way, I'll have 1 free space to let people join to get important items. I can get another sword guy to replace him later, if there's need be.

I've used up 3 martial skill space for the main character. The skill I have are:
    Wild Ball Fist
    The sword skill I got from LPZ house (not Pi Xie, the more inferior one)
    9 Yang
    Is it worth a space to let the character learn 'Bei Ming Shen Gong' or 'Tai Chi Fist' or the Xiao Yiao martial art I will get later?

The 'Tai Chi' skills Z3F gave me seem pretty powerful (or maybe it's just ZWJ's high internal energy since I use ZWJ to suck people's energy a lot) and easy to learn. Can this skill attack many people at once or just 1 on 1? What about 9 Yang?

Some more questions about martial art skill:
    - What does 'Xiao Wu Xiang Gong' do?
    - Is 'Blood Sabre' skill powerful?
    - Is the martial art I got from Tai Shan powerful?
    - Is the 7 Star Sword skill from Chuen Zhen sect powerful?

Lastly, is the (0,0) coordination at the main characters home?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-24-05 at 03:16 AM.

Whoah!!! Lots of questions, too little time.

1) He can't learn Bei Ming Shen Gong because he's too dumb. Dumb characters can't learn energy absorbing skills. Thats what I found out anyway (boooo, to them game developers). Get the Xia Ke Xing kungfu ASAP for SPT. He'll be your lifesaver. Also get the L/R technique ASAP. SPT does start with high defense stat. So does ZWJ. DY has got to have the shittiest defense rating in the game. I had to let him learn 9 Yin many times to boost his awfully crap defense stat.

2) Hu Fei is great. Hu Fei + Pi Li Kwang Dao + Pi Li Dao Fa = Kick ***!!! Hu family sabre isn't much to shout about though.

3) Purple coloured energy stat means Yin energy. Orange means Yang. White means neutral. Also, Red coloured life stat means internal damage. Green life stat means poisoned.

4)- BMSG is good. Sucks up to 100+ energy pts at level 10.
    - Taichi is good. Hits a single target. At level 10 the damage is 150 - 200 life pts.
    - 9 Yang is great. Hits multiple targets. At level 10 the damage is 150 - 250 life pts.
    - Blood sabre is average. Don't bother.
    - Taishan swordplay also average. Don't bother. (for don't bother cases, you can learn them just to amuse yourself or just to have more skills)
    - I'm not too sure about the Quan Zhen swordplay because I never got it, hahaha.
    (Just gross estimations, some flunkies can be hit for insane damage)

5) The Xiao Yao Pai skills you get in the game are generally average. Xiao Wu Xiang Gong is a inner energy cultivation skill ie. it adds your energy pts. Just like Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jing except weaker. XWXG +30 energy pts everytime while YJJ and XSJ +50 pts every time. 9 Yang and 9 Yin on the other hand +30 pts to life and energy and +5 all basic stats (attack, defense, lightness, etc)

6) I don't think (0, 0) is your home.

Thanks again Xiao Feng.

Seems like WXB has disappeared after I met the 'Shen Long' Sect leader and he told me that WXB stole his 'Lu Ding Ji' book.
    Nevermind, maybe I just didn't search hard enough for him.

Sorry, another question. Will my virtue pts get deducted if I fight the Show Mountain Sect guards to get in to 'Ling Xiu Cheng'? I know my virtue points will get deducted if I fight my way into 'Heng Shan' Sect where Liu Zheng Feng is holding his retirement ceremony.

I'm really curious why getting Yue Lau 3 into my team didn't decrease my virtue points. He is afterall the 3rd evil.

Yup, WXB will dissapear for a while, until you solve the Lu Ding Ji mission. No big deal.

I'm sorry but which is Snow Mountain Sect? Ling Xiu Cheng? If its the mountain north of Er Mei and the inn where you found DY then its ok, you can kick their arses for fun. Go in there, kick the bosses arse and get the plague (or whatever it is) you need to get into the cave at Xia Ke Xing island (to get the Tai Xuan Shen Gong).

Your virtue doesn't decrease by having baddies in your group. Neither will it increase.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Your virtue doesn't decrease by having baddies in your group. Neither will it increase.
    Then, y did I lost virtue points when I recruit Tian Buo Guang and Lin Ping Zi in my group? I lost 4 virtue point in both cases. I restored to the previously saved game in LPZ's case, so I didn't get the PiXie Sword skills or Lin Ping Zhi. Maybe after I get more virtue points, then I can afford the 4 pts lost, then I'll get LPZ.

Is it? Hmmm...not sure then. I've never had much problems with virtue pts. Maybe AresInvincible or someone can shed some light.

I ask this for my sis. Murong Fu promise to tell the main character the whereabouts of the TLBB book if the main character gave him 2 items. My sis already gave him the Yin Empire Seal. What is the other item and where can it be found?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I ask this for my sis. Murong Fu promise to tell the main character the whereabouts of the TLBB book if the main character gave him 2 items. My sis already gave him the Yin Empire Seal. What is the other item and where can it be found?
    Try to remember what was the 2 items that MRB asked MRF to show the Xiaos at the Shaolin Temple. That should answer your question.

I don't remember where I found it though. But I do remember that you can find the chess board (to bribe one of the 4 fellas locking up RWX) and you can find Xuan Ming Shen Zhang in MRF's place.

It's somekind of Yan dynasty lineage chart which shows murong fu is a legit heir to the Yan throne.

Can't for the life of me remember where you get it though not played the game in 7 yrs

This is my own question. I stumbled on Yuen Cheng Zhi's place while looking for Jue Qing Gu and he told me that in order to get the Bi Xu Jian book, I have to finish 3 tasks for him. The first 2 is to go to a cave near Hua Shan and find 'wisdom' and 'courage'. So, I went to Hua Shan, but can't find any cave. Instead I found Xi Guo Ya . Have I read the instruction wrongly, that it's not Hua Shan but some other mountain?

Too bad for my sis. She really wants to get back Duan Yu as soon as possible. Hope someone can tell me where to find the Yan dynasty lineage chart.

Some of the martial manuals require people at a certain intelligence, such as Bei Ming Sheng Gong requires the user to be at least 60 pts and L/R Technique requires 45 or less, however you can't check your characters' intelligence in the game unless you hack.

There are special manuals in the game that boost your overall status, they are:
    9 Ying manual boosts health by 10, internal energy by 20, strength by 20, speed by 5, and defense by 5;
    9 Yang manual boosts health by 10, internal energy by 50, strength by 5, defense by 10, and you learn the skill;
    Tai Xuan Jing boosts strength by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, fist skill by 6, and you learn the skill (too bad it's only for SPT);
    Kui Hua Bao Dian boosts health by 30, internal energy by 30, strength by 10, speed by 10, and defense by 10. But you have to ****** in order to study it.

Seven Star Sword is not that great. It's a little bit above average, but still not very powerful.

The two things MRF asks you to find can be found in: Jue Qing Gu (I'm pretty sure you got that) and Iron Palm Mountain. It's a hidden passageway in the grass to the right of the entrance to the main hall.

Since you beat YL3 and he agrees to be your student, of course your virtual point won't drop! (lame reason)

The Golden Snake Cave is hidden in one of the mountains of Hua Shan. I think it's to the right of the Wulin Dahui's mountain.

Thanks AresInvincible . You are a great help. You sure remember the game very clearly. Did u just play it recently?

Thanks also to Xiao Feng and the Khan for offering whatever info u guys remember.

Hehehe, knew we could count on AresInvincible to provide the missing info.

Just to add, theres a lot of gold to be found at the hidden pasageway at Iron Palm peak other than the Yan Dynasty Lineage Chart. Never ever get poor again.

To find the hidden cave at Hua Shan, try every nook and cranny there. You're bound to hit something if its there. That's what I always do anyway.

BTW, I remember there used to be one of these game magazine a long time ago which did a coverage of this game and they tell you virtually everything you need to know about it (where all the hidden stuff and walkthrough and etc.).

I just recruited Cheng Ling Su. Yeah, she is weak. But it's kinda fun having her throw poison at opponent from afar. I'm thinking of replacing her with Yang Guo but I'll miss her.

Btw, I have reach level 10 for Hu Family Sabre. Is that the max. Will my Sabre skill increase if I keep practicing it? It shows _ /= instead of the usual _ /n in the stats.

If I let Hu Fei learn 9 Yang, will I he be able to learn 9 Yin later on? He can't learn the Pi Li Kuang Dao because I haven't bought the manual yet and now WXB has already gone to into hiding. So, I have to solve the Lu Ding Ji part before I can get the Pi Li Kuang Dao.
    What other skill is suitable for Hu Fei to learn?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-25-05 at 11:04 PM.

Once you've maxed out a skill, it won't do any good apart from wasting precious exp pts.

If you've neutralised his inner energy, he should be able to learn 9 Yang and 9 Yin, no problems.

For my Hu Fei, I maxed out Hu Jia Dao Fa and Pi Li Dao Fa ASAP. Afterwards its just letting him learn any other skill for amusement. So let him learn anything you have which he can learn. I actually gave all sabre skills that I have to Hu Fei, since he's the only sabre guy I keep in my company. So I have a so called sabre expert. Then I have sword expert LingHu Chong and palm expert Zhang Wu Ji.

Usually, If any character already has 1 kick *** skill, I'd usually concentrate on maxing his stats with 9 Yin or Kui Hua Bao Dian or YJJ or XSJ etc.