Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ah Qing, one of the most prolific martial arts geniuses in the JY canon

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Jackattack is back...
    I suspected it the moment I saw dallasjameswilliams spelled 'Ah Qing' as 'Ah Qin'. Jackattack was the only one who stubbornly continued to call Ah Qing 'Ah Qin' even after I pointed out the correct pinyin twice.

But, I didn't know he has 3 other userids.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-04-10 at 12:46 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

hm, i think banning this dude is kinda harsh. he's stubborn as a mule, but his posts are often backed up by quotes from the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack
    300 were dedicated to protecting Mong Ge. But its not like the other 100 thousand troops were just going to stand by and let Yang Guo get to Mong Ge. Yang Guo had to get through those 100 thousand first, and when they realized Yang Guo was aiming for their king 300 soldiers came, as well as tons of archers. The archers were the hardest part to get past.
    dude, arrows shot from bows have relatively low precision, in such a chaotic situation, Mongolian archers wouldn't dare to fire at Yang guo when he was mingling with their Emperor and his bodyguards.

Being stubborn is fine. Launching repeated personal attacks and being repeatedly belligerent and insulting towards other forum members is not. Pay closer attention to his posting history.
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 04-04-10 at 01:15 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Appreciated. Thanks.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    He should have been banned in the first place for resurrecting every single old thread he could find with one liners
    It was indeed annoying. Contributing to old topics is fine, but he bumped tens of old topics each day, and often without contributing thoughtful information.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Although jackattack was often condenscending towards forum members, I do agree with "forgot password" that he does sometimes bring up solid points for discussion, including his quoting of Yang Guo's feat vs Ah Qing's feat. If only he could bring himself to have a productive discussion with forum members...

Anyhow, I'm going to reply to his 2nd-to-last post because there are some more interesting information to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjameswilliams View Post
    There were more than 100 thousand troops.
    From my reading of the relevant passage, the Mongolian soldier count is around 100,000. There were 40,000 on foot, several hundred thousand hidden under the ground, and several hundred thousand attacking the fortress from the sides.

Also, the original text per the more reliable PDF version of the novel is 十万余众, not 十余万余众 which was most likely an error in the online text.

300 were dedicated to protecting Mong Ge. But its not like the other 100 thousand troops were just going to stand by and let Yang Guo get to Mong Ge.
    Like I said before, the rest of the Mongolian soldiers were busy fighting Song soldiers.

Yang Guo had to get through those 100 thousand first
    Impossible as I said above, for several reasons. One, if Yang Guo could just storm through the entire army and kill the enemy king, then Huang Yaoshi and Guo Jing, who are around Yang Guo's level, would have done that already and the war would have been over!

Two, for Yang Guo to encounter all 100,000 soldiers, he would have to make a full circle around the fortress, which doesn't make sense. If he's galloping towards the king, he would certainly take the shortest path possible and not go through the parts that are not en route!

and when they realized Yang Guo was aiming for their king 300 soldiers came, as well as tons of archers. The archers were the hardest part to get past.
    As far as I know, it was never stated or suggested that Yang Guo was under attack by archers.

BTW Yang Guo was by himself.
    No, he wasn't.

杨过心想: “此生得与龙儿重会,老天爷实在待我至厚,今日便是死了,
    也已无憾。男几汉大丈夫为国战死沙场,正是最好的归宿。”言念及此,精
    神大振,叫道:“耶律兄,咱们再去冲杀一阵。”耶律齐道:“再好没有。”
    小龙女和郭襄齐声道:“大伙儿一齐去!”杨过道:“好!我当前锋,你们
    多捡长矛,跟随在我身后。”
    耶律齐当下传令部属,在战场上捡抬长矛,每
    人手中都抱了三五枝。
    杨过执了一枝长矛,跃马冲前,那神雕迈开大步,伴在马旁,伸翅拨开
    射来的弩箭。小龙女、耶律齐、郭芙、郭襄四人紧随其后。杨过对着蒙古大
    汗的九旄大纛,疾驰而去。耶律齐吃了一惊,心想蒙古大汗亲临前敌,定然
    防卫极严,精兵猛将,多在左右,自己这百余人冲了过去,岂非白白送死?
    但想自己这条命是杨过救的,真所谓水里水里去,火里火里去,他要到哪里,
    便跟到哪里,何必多言?
    这一行人去得好快,转眼间冲出数里,已到襄阳城下。

By the way, how long is jackattack banned for this time? The last ban against him didn't keep him away for more than 2-3 days, since I noticed he was posting under his new nick after that time frame.

Are we going to permit this cycle to continue? He will register a new nickname, resurrect nearly 100 old topics in a few days, post the same stuff over and over again--often thoughtlessly, makes insulting and disrespectful remarks to forum members, and get banned for a few days -- then the process recycles.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    By the way, how long is jackattack banned for this time? The last ban against him didn't keep him away for more than 2-3 days, since I noticed he was posting under his new nick after that time frame.

Are we going to permit this cycle to continue? He will register a new nickname, resurrect nearly 100 old topics in a few days, post the same stuff over and over again--often thoughtlessly, makes insulting and disrespectful remarks to forum members, and get banned for a few days -- then the process recycles.
    There is nothing more that can be done until SC issues an IP ban. Only she has the power to do this.

We have not, however, heard from SC in about a month. We do not know when she will appear again.

I don't agree with IP ban. What if he changes ISP and someone else inherits this IP and happen to be spcnet member? Also, banning IP will prevent the whole household from logging in to spcnet. Also, it might be those campus share line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Really?

Post IP Addresses
    dallasjameswilliams 202.136.215.180 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    icecream1990 202.136.215.180 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    jackattack 202.136.215.180 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    kdonggyu94 202.136.215.180 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    sir.zang 202.136.215.180 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Seriously, how pathetic and desperate can you be?

Banned for the fifth time.
    Hmm, the IP above shows that its from Shanghai. Ip banning may be too harsh, the multiple posts probably had help the forum with much page count.

Already sensed something fishy when dallasjameswilliams was popping up in so many old threads ala jackattack style. Not really annoying, but I find him/her rather stubbornly funny and entertaining.

[Edit]
    Just notice the <jacattackisback> post above, what the %(^! I take back my words. Please, IP ban is the only way!
    Last edited by shortsight; 04-04-10 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I don't agree with IP ban. What if he changes ISP and someone else inherits this IP and happen to be spcnet member? Also, banning IP will prevent the whole household from logging in to spcnet. Also, it might be those campus share line.
    You might not have seen the things he did with one of his registered accounts. That was quickly taken down and banned. He essentially bumped up 20 or so threads with a long post of *images* and threatened that he will not stop until certain members are banned.

Easiest thing to do is to implement a probation period for new accounts. Only 3 posts per day, no linking or tags of any sort, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    You might not have seen the things he did with one of his registered accounts. That was quickly taken down and banned. He essentially bumped up 20 or so threads with a long post of *images* and threatened that he will not stop until certain members are banned.
    Just saw his latest antics and reported him in the spam report thread liao. I take back my word. IP ban is the only way. This guy is crazy. Can any moderator take delete his recents post?

So, he wants bliss to be banned and uses this method to get his way?
    Last edited by kidd; 04-04-10 at 10:02 PM.

Gosh, jackattack is so mean, very unethical. The contents of the deleted posts are so unwelcomed!

Just saw his latest antics and reported him in the spam report thread liao. Yeah, I take back my word. IP ban is the only way. This guy is crazy. Can any moderator take delete his recents post?

So, he wanted bliss to be banned and uses this method to get his way?
    I think he wanted PJ, RWX, bliss, myself... hmm that's all I can remember. Essentially the crowd who debated with him the most. It's so regrettable that someone like him messes up our peaceful forum .

I think he wanted PJ, RWX, bliss, myself... hmm that's all I can remember. Essentially the crowd who debated with him the most. It's so regrettable that someone like him messes up our peaceful forum .
    Luckily, his plot was foiled, and no one fire deviated
    Surprisingly, he's not banned?!
    Last edited by shortsight; 04-04-10 at 10:05 PM.

Could it be he felt unfair that only he was banned but the others who debated with him (and whom he felt have also engaged in personal attack towards him) were not?

Could it be he felt unfair that only he was banned but the others who debated with him (and whom he thought have also engaged in personal attack towards him) were not?
    No one but him engaged in personal attacks. That was very clear to everyone. Maybe not to jackattack.

Just found out the rest of the threads are still polluted with jackattackisback
    click to show/hide spoilers
    sexual
    contents. Sigh, where's the admin when we need them??