Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ming Cult martial arts hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That's what I was getting at in both excerpts you quoted, Lav. I don't like Lady Yeung, but based on what I saw, I thought her martial arts level was in the same league as that of Cheung 3 Fung and Cheung Mo Gei. The information that you and Athena provided indicates that that might not be true, which I can't deny gives me a feeling of satisfaction, but the information did not originate with me.

Also, I prefaced my remarks about Yeung Gor to acknowledge that I've always had some bias against him, but nevertheless, the information I've seen indicated to me that Kenny ranked him far too low on his scale. I specifically pointed out that I've never liked Yeung Gor, but I also made it clear that that dislike did not mean I agreed with Kenny's surprisingly low-ranking of him on the martial arts scale.

And I must say it's a little dismaying that I wrote a disclaimer for both of my original remarks only to have to repeat and explain them again here.
    Oh OK, I merely find it unnecessary to mention one's personal preference when analyzing a novel character's martial arts level. To me, it more or less implies that the intention of proving a character's martial arts level to be low is based on a dislike of said character.

But anyway, it's now clear that we both agree with each other. Sorry for my rants.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Oh OK, I merely find it unnecessary to mention one's personal preference when analyzing a novel character's martial arts level. To me, it more or less implies that the intention of proving a character's martial arts level to be low is based on a dislike of said character.

But anyway, it's now clear that we both agree with each other. Sorry for my rants.
    No problem, as long as it's understood.