Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Villian Ever

i have never seen the final verdict so i can't really comment on it, by the way what is the chinese name of ''The Final Verdict'?
    shin chan

Quote Originally Posted by chupah
    i have never seen the final verdict so i can't really comment on it, by the way what is the chinese name of ''The Final Verdict'?
    it's called »}¤£§CÀY in chinese. a very gd series w/ a touchy storyline~~
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Quote Originally Posted by lynnnkl
    actually IMO 'The Final Verdict" is a very underrated series and should be at least on par with "Looking Back In Anger " which everyone is raving about'

There are i thing 2 reasons for this : firstly,the negative response it received from the Royal HK Police ,which wanted TVB to stop showing the series because it potrayed them as corrupt,but which i believe is rampant during the 60's and early 70's before ICAC.

Secondly,none of the leads with the exception of Adam Cheng is well known,Gallen Lo and Roger Kwok were newbies back then.

The plot is good,acting solid from Adam to Roger Kwok as his simple son to Wu Fung as the stuttering lawyer who finally managed to convict Kenneth Tsang and win justice.

The only negative is the two actresses,Adam Cheng's girlfreind and daughter,are not pretty at all.
    i dun think this series is underrated cos i read that it received high ratings in hk & alot of ppl know about it except the majority young gen of course it's just not as popular compared to 'looking back in anger' & 'the greed of man'

yes, i was watching this series w/ my mom & she kept complaining how 'not pretty' the actresses in this series were haha~~ 'til now, i still dunno their real names lol...
    #1 fav actor/singer: chow goon adam cheng~~

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung
    i dun think this series is underrated cos i read that it received high ratings in hk & alot of ppl know about it except the majority young gen of course it's just not as popular compared to 'looking back in anger' & 'the greed of man'

yes, i was watching this series w/ my mom & she kept complaining how 'not pretty' the actresses in this series were haha~~ 'til now, i still dunno their real names lol...
    Well, the actress who played Adam's GF was Lau Wai Guen (English name is something like Euginia, I think), but I think she looks pretty. I felt so sorry for her character at the end.

The actress who played Adam's daughter is Lee Lai Yui, and someone told me that she is Loletta/Rachel Lee's sister, though I see no resemblance.

I actually quite like this series. It is very suspenseful and moving. To me, it provokes very strong emotions, like hate, pity, hopelessness, etc..
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Well, the actress who played Adam's GF was Lau Wai Guen (English name is something like Euginia, I think), but I think she looks pretty. I felt so sorry for her character at the end.
    I thought the girlfriend was played by Lau Mei Kuen. R u sure you remember the right actress?

Raymond Lam- Oscar(Golden Faith). For Oscar's sheer stupidity.. He is by far the worst villain ever.. he couldn't even get it right.. He was played by his uncle all along.. believing everything he said.
    HaRDCoRe MaN UtD Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I thought the girlfriend was played by Lau Mei Kuen. R u sure you remember the right actress?
    Whoops. Yeah! You're right! :P I always get mixed up between Lau Mei Kuen, Lau Wai Kuen, and Law Wai Kuen.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Default rubaynne choi

is that her name? the dung-fei in twin of brothers. her character sucks, she's ugly, she can't act, and she caused the death of my favourite character. eeyerrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by yulingfung

Currently I am watching The Final Verdict on the satellite TV. It is indeed a very touching story and Adam played his character very well. Gallen and Roger are newbie like someone said earlier. The only actress that is pretty is Rebecca Chan who played Adam's ex-wife.

I agree that Kenneth Tsang played a good villian character in The Final Verdict. Even Kok Foong who was the corrupted police in this series played his part as the supporting villian well too.
    Last edited by bubcas; 03-15-05 at 05:21 PM.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Smile

Had to be Adam Cheng in Greed of Men, Gallen Lo in Cold Blood Warm Heart, Nick Cheung in Secret of the heart...

The guy that played 'Zhi Ho' in A Kindred Spirit. I heard that he was a very popular Radio DJ b4 he got the role but then after people watched the programme, no-one listened to his shows!
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Night Journey(now airing in astro ch34 10pm weekdays) - I don't know the 1st villain's name(surname in series = Yam), sorry.. He was cruel enough to cause the death his own father, to make sure he gets the position of governor/whatever and he even turned his father into a vampire to make himself rich. He did repent though..

The 2nd villain, also the worst villain in this series is Zhang Guo Qiong. He is the one who made Yam(heh..)'s father die, and made his father a vampire. Later, he control Yam to make himself rich and even made him kill his very own son(this time; not of his own will). In the end, he didn't even repent and IIRC he turned himself into a vampire too....

Sorry if it sounds confusing

gallen lo is all his bad roles
    nick cheung in secret of the heart
    sonija kwok in all her bad roles

Now I'm confused. Are we talking about the worst acting villian or the worst villian that's evil? Hehe. Seems like some people are talking about worst acting villian and most people are talking about worst villian that's evil. Well, in my opinion, I thought Raymond Lam in Step in the Past. He was so evil. Ugh! He almost killed Louis Koo. Deric Wan in that movie that you guys have been talking about. Forgot what it's called.

A villian that I wanna see act is Ron Ng. I see potential in him being evil. Hehe. Sorrie for those who are in love with Ron. I love Ron. But I think his actor can be evil!

Quote Originally Posted by phuongalina
    Now I'm confused. Are we talking about the worst acting villian or the worst villian that's evil? Hehe. Seems like some people are talking about worst acting villian and most people are talking about worst villian that's evil.
    Haha...I am too.

Well...the worst villian [evil wise]...Gallen in Cold Blood Warm Heart. I wanted to slap him so bad...

Acting wise...Sonja in Lok Sun was so frustrating. She really had a chance to become really evil. She could have used her voice in different tones to bring out the character, but most of the time she stayed monotone. She barely even raised her voice...

i think lai sam in sung sai kit is very evil... btw, what's the english title of that show? and sonija in perish in the name of love. felt like slapping her too.

Raymond Lam in A Step Into The Past
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/nuffed-up/flytothesky2.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by AngeL_oF_Death
    True... Didn't expect Frankie to turn bad.. Haven't seen most of the villains u've listed..
    what about Louis Koo and Sunny Chan in At The Threshold of An Era? Louis did repent in the end.. does that make them good?.. hehe... sorry if that doesn't make sense.. It's just that some of the villains, if not almost, repent and turn good in the end..
    I didn't find Sunny Chan to be villain in At The Threshold of An Era. He became bad because of Gallen Lo's influence. I actually hated Gallen Lo more in that series.

The best actors, playing a villain role, are Galen Law, Deric Wan, and the veteran Wong Wai. Galen Law was superb in Vengeance. Deric Wan was great in Looking Back With Anger. Wong Wai made a career, playing villains in ancient series. Just in case you don't know who Wong Wai, here is a page devoted to him.
    Top 25 Artists in Ancient Series

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    No doubt Deric Wan did a good job as villains in these 2 shows, but I think he is memorable mostly because of the popularity 'Looking Back In Anger' and the fact that his fame rise from his potrayal of Ding You Hong. Many people who has watched the series still remember this series as the ultimate best series even after 16 years. Just like Felix's potrayal of Guo Jing wasn't any better than his potrayal of other roles. But, everyone still seems to remember him as the ultimated Guo Jing. It's like Felix Wong = Guo Jing. That is because Felix rised to fame with this role. Without 'Looking Back In Anger' and with just 'Breaking Point', I don't think Deric Wan will be that well remembered as the ultimate villain.
    Good point! I also observe that the fame of Deric Wan appears to decline in 2000+. He does not seem to have the magic he used to have in "Looking Back in Anger".