Page 463 of 469 FirstFirst ... 363413453454455456457458459460461462463464465466467468469 LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 9365

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 《神雕侠侣》 - Huang Xiaoming, Liu Yifei

Quote Originally Posted by minime View Post
    Hi, I'm a newbie here
    have to admit it took me a few weeks to finish reading this thread...so damn long...but u guys really entertained me..

AS for the movie, what can i say, totally fell in love with it!!! Think i've seen it a few times already, can't get it out of my head!!
    LOve LYF anf HXM --they make the perfect couple!
    LYF was absoluting breathtakingly beautiful in here, sometimes makes you go WTF with her beauty!
    HXM yeah some parts he did over react but when he is serious, damn he's HOT!!

one word--LOVE IT!
    finally! someone that agrees with me!!! besides, u couldnt even tell that they were that far apart in age.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    ya they do some a peck on the cheeks i believe, the version i bought is missing that scene >.< grr makes me mad. i saw the scene when i d/l it.
    oh really? ive never even seen that...but i do believe there was kissing on the lips...hm...

i heard that this is supposingly the best Roch version...

I was pretty excited about watching this series ...the graphics were great...But sad to say, I was disappointed. I have 3 more episodes to watch and I can't seems to get myself to finish it...The two main characters are both good looking but gosh I can't stand most of the scene when they are together..it's jsut too much..There are too many cheesy scenes for me.

OVERALL, this series has the best graphic for me so far but I'm still going to favor the Roch version in the 80's wth Andy Lau..
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh really? ive never even seen that...but i do believe there was kissing on the lips...hm...
    ya it was either on the cheeks or lips in that scene
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

ya it was either on the cheeks or lips in that scene
    nevermind. i watched it over the other day and i think it was the cheeks...but it was confusing cuz it was like right next to her lip. dont get it...

You heard wrong that this is the best version. It's more true to say it's probably the worse version.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i heard that this is supposingly the best Roch version...

I was pretty excited about watching this series ...the graphics were great...But sad to say, I was disappointed. I have 3 more episodes to watch and I can't seems to get myself to finish it...The two main characters are both good looking but gosh I can't stand most of the scene when they are together..it's jsut too much..There are too many cheesy scenes for me.

OVERALL, this series has the best graphic for me so far but I'm still going to favor the Roch version in the 80's wth Andy Lau..

Does this follow the 3rd edition of the novel? So Yin Zhiping was replaced with Zhen Zhibing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Does this follow the 3rd edition of the novel? So Yin Zhiping was replaced with Zhen Zhibing?
    yup. who is yin zhiping? the guy who played zhen zhibing was kinda hot without the mustache at the end.

yup. who is yin zhiping? the guy who played zhen zhibing was kinda hot without the mustache at the end.
    haha, but but he...committed a sinful act.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Yin Zihiping is a Quanzhen sect's 3rd generation disciple and senior to Zhen Zhibing.
    He made several appearances in LOCH. In ROCH he is just mentioned.

Actually he was the one who committed the sin in the second edition of ROCH. Zhen Zhibing never existed. But He is actual historical figure and spoiling his name with such unspeakable act () would be bad thing. So Jing Yong changed it and created Zhen Zhibing to do the raping in the Third Edition.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

haha, but but he...committed a sinful act.
    HAHA so what? he was kinda cute...lol jp!

In all fairness to ROCH 06', it was obviously edited, or 'butchered', horribly. To think we waited ages for 'special editing' and received something of very low quality. Overall, it was fine, but some mistakes were so blaringly obvious that one would think the editors had either been all drunk, stoned, or anything in between e.g. scene where YG gives his blood to XLN, I think we don't actually get to see blood run to her mouth, it just sort of appears at her mouth, one of the training scenes between YG & XLN still shows hanging wires, the very, very crucial part where XLN is attacked by Quan Zhen 7...where did it go??? And the special affects department need to sack their computer graphics technician, because if you compare CGI effects of ROCH 06' with LOTR your eyes would bleed...note the start scene with the very fake lotus flower pond. Given, many scenes were very beautiful, but they were all the natural ones...whenever the CGI came into play, it was like uggghhhhhh!

ROCH 80' didn't have superior props or stages but at least small attempts at CGI were minimal and at least blended with the whole scope of things. Also, it was more consistent and fleshed out than ROCH 06'. But then, they probably didn't have 'external pressures/influences' while editing the series.

I wish I could get my hands on the full 52 supposed episodes that were reported to be the original length of the series before ROCH 06' went through its butchering.

Uh well...

I am not sure if anyone had already mention this, but to me, I think the "end" of ROCH 06 follows the book much more closely than the older Andy TVB version. For some reason, I think that TVB always rushes the endings like they ran out of time or money. But, the 06 version seems to take its time even a couple of episodes to describe the celebration of the 2nd daughter.

In my opinion, I love the happy/triumphant scenes. And I really don't like to see happy scenes for 5 mins, while I watch the tragedy for 10 hours. Its like a short climatic apex. I think if there are 10 hours of sadness, I need at least 1 full episode of retribution/triumph at the end.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Quote Originally Posted by gqonmars2 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone had already mention this, but to me, I think the "end" of ROCH 06 follows the book much more closely than the older Andy TVB version. For some reason, I think that TVB always rushes the endings like they ran out of time or money. But, the 06 version seems to take its time even a couple of episodes to describe the celebration of the 2nd daughter.

In my opinion, I love the happy/triumphant scenes. And I really don't like to see happy scenes for 5 mins, while I watch the tragedy for 10 hours. Its like a short climatic apex. I think if there are 10 hours of sadness, I need at least 1 full episode of retribution/triumph at the end.
    the part where they were in the cave like screaming each others names at the end was kinda weird tho...

the part where they were in the cave like screaming each others names at the end was kinda weird tho...

I was watching that and was thinking to myself, back then when people are happy, they use their lightness kung-fu to fly around. LOL.

Does anyone know some history on the guy who left all the swords and the eagle for YG? So is he even stronger than WCY (leader of the wa san sect. and JBT's older martial brother)??

Thanks.

Does anyone know some history on the guy who left all the swords and the eagle for YG? So is he even stronger than WCY (leader of the wa san sect. and JBT's older martial brother)??

Thanks.
    yeah as a matter of fact he's way stronger then wong chong yang as well as the other greats and yang guo himself etc. his name is du gu kai bai(spelling) as a matter of fact tvb had a series about him in the 80/90s starring felix and maggie siu was it. in state of divinity or laughing in the wind etc the technique that ling for chong(spelling) learned in the cave is his 8 recluse sword technique which is why linhu chong is so strong. hope that helps.

Thanks.
    The descriptions in ROCH are the most extensive you'll find of Dugu Qiubai. There's a set of swordplay in Smiliing Proud Wander which the main character uses, called Dugu 9 swords, but barely a mention of the man himself. Chapters 26 and 32 of ROCH (try the wuxiapedia translation if you don't read Chinese) contain descriptions of Yang Guo's training under the guidance of the Divine Eagle, and we can surmise that this was how Dugu Qiubai trained as well. Chapter 26 also describes Yang Guo's understanding of the Heavy Sword theory. Other than that though, we have little or no descriptions of Dugu Qiubai himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    The descriptions in ROCH are the most extensive you'll find of Dugu Qiubai. There's a set of swordplay in Smiliing Proud Wander which the main character uses, called Dugu 9 swords, but barely a mention of the man himself. Chapters 26 and 32 of ROCH (try the wuxiapedia translation if you don't read Chinese) contain descriptions of Yang Guo's training under the guidance of the Divine Eagle, and we can surmise that this was how Dugu Qiubai trained as well. Chapter 26 also describes Yang Guo's understanding of the Heavy Sword theory. Other than that though, we have little or no descriptions of Dugu Qiubai himself.
    yeah. we never get to actually meet the character himself, but he supposedly a great martial-artist, better than any of jin yong's heroes and supposedly inspired many of them too.

Thank you Mido-Ban , pannonian and ChineseChik525 for your reply.

Very interesting indeed.