Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    RM = Ringgit Malaysia
    its malaysian currency....

u mean, they actually had a kissing scene? thank god she refused to kiss or they wouldve turned this love story into a normal, typical one, one that i wouldnt be impressed about ......OH i love Lee for refusing!!! Go girl! that's the way it is!
    Yay! I think kissing by the mouth may seem out of place in a 16th century setting. Anyway, I enjoy the hugs!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I was wondering..
    does anyone know where I can find the little girl's picture and information?
    She's sooo adorable -^.^- !!
    Thank you!

Thanx charbydis for your reply. I was all sorts of confused when ppl started talking about it but then I saw the reunion episode when I borrowed the DVD and thought that might be it.

I wanted to finish the show in one go, like the hour just passes by so fast! But damn the human body for the need to sleep >.< Ah well.... its just as well I guess, gave me something to look forward to every day.

I know what you all mean, Sir Min and Jang Geum's love is so pure and lovely, something you rarely see in modern k-dramas. And although it is quite slow in developing, that seems to be what makes it even more lovlier: they don't jump into a relationship. Any kissing would have just ruined it. All the lingering touches and embraces just makes you appreciate their relationship the better.

But don't you guys find it majorly depressing that such a great guy like Sir Min will probably never exist on this world. It's just another perfect guy that we can fantasise after *sigh*

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Summerfall

I know what you all mean, Sir Min and Jang Geum's love is so pure and lovely, something you rarely see in modern k-dramas. And although it is quite slow in developing, that seems to be what makes it even more lovlier: they don't jump into a relationship. Any kissing would have just ruined it. All the lingering touches and embraces just makes you appreciate their relationship the better.

But don't you guys find it majorly depressing that such a great guy like Sir Min will probably never exist on this world. It's just another perfect guy that we can fantasise after *sigh*
    yep, youre so right.....theres no pure love that ive seen or wtched other than Janggeum and Sir Min's. man, such lovely affection.....and yes....im afraid theres no longer man like him in this century....*sigh*
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberihevn
    I was wondering..
    does anyone know where I can find the little girl's picture and information?
    She's sooo adorable -^.^- !!
    Thank you!
    well, maybe you can try here -> http://deiner.proboards18.com/index....rd=daejanggeum
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I'm currently watching Jewel in the Palace from Astro Wah Lai Toi and I like the series very much!!!!!
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

astro is airing it now?? kewl....but i bet it's in mandarin, huh? watching it in original language is much more satisfying, i'd say...but what the heck....it good to see chang jin on tv again..!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

astro is airing it now?? kewl....but i bet it's in mandarin, huh? watching it in original language is much more satisfying, i'd say...but what the heck....it good to see chang jin on tv again..!
    It's in Cantonese.....
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

cantonese eh?i wonder what do they call chang jin in cantonese? its not the same is it??
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

oh my god...I AM OBSESSED OG DJG!!!
    the moment i saw the dvd two weeks ago, i immediately decided that i'm gonna buy it.....even it costed me RM130!! i was so excited.....and at that time they were showing 56th episode of DJG on 8TV.it's even much more exciting when my coursemates also share the same obsession and would gather in my room to watch the story.....what i admire the most about this story is the unique love story. Jang Geum and Officer Min share a real amazing chemistry...i mean, they seldom hold hands or kiss or hug like other periodic love story people like to produce, heck, they never even say the magic word I LOVE YOU. but either of them would know how the other feels and that is so touching! i never thought Jang Geum would admit in front of the king that she was in love with Min. man, i underestimated their love. my favourite episode is EP63 and 64 and also EP68 when MIn fights with the King for Jang Geum. Even now I'm still rewatching the dvd....
    Is it really RM130 only(whole set)??? OMG where did you bought it?? Umm.. I'm Malaysian too.. Please tell me.. Can't afford to wait for the TV.. Impatient

Thanks alot!!

well actually i bought the part3 dvd for rm130 at hongkong video in Sungei Wang Plaza.you can get the whole set for rm240 i think.....i forgot the retail price at the shop....2nd choice u can try to find the dvd at kota raya....its like asian series haven over there...i think the price is lower over there if you know where to find the best shop...i bought at hongkong video cuz i already got a member card....so....have fun finding em okay!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

well actually i bought the part3 dvd for rm130 at hongkong video in Sungei Wang Plaza.you can get the whole set for rm240 i think.....i forgot the retail price at the shop....2nd choice u can try to find the dvd at kota raya....its like asian series haven over there...i think the price is lower over there if you know where to find the best shop...i bought at hongkong video cuz i already got a member card....so....have fun finding em okay!
    Okay! Thanks alot, they're DVD right?

Anyways.. for the ones who's watching JitP in Astro(Malaysians); you can always change the audio to Korean language as long as you could read either bahasa or Mandarin Well, its just in case you don't know.

i just managed to watched until ep 6. so far so good, but i think the story's a bit slow paced.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

you will get more into it, cherrie....

hey i just found out that 8tv is reairing Dae Jang Geum on weekdays at 1500-1600h.it's currently at ep10. So for those who doesnt have Astro, you get another chance of seeing Chang Jin again in action..!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

yup, the one aired on 8tv was in mandarin,right?
    anyway, i can only watch the one aired on astro, cuz it's weekends.

btw, how many eps all together?

cantonese eh?i wonder what do they call chang jin in cantonese? its not the same is it??
    in cantonese, she is known as "Cheung Gam". it actually sounds much closer to her korean name than her name in Mandarin.

susie, its 70 ep altogether....70 fine great episodes!!
    cheung gam eh? well, chang jin is actually nicer to hear than jang geum or cheung gam, same with jinying than keum yeung...but name is a name....no matter how bad it sounds only the meaning matters..eh?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Hi. I'm watching the series again. This time both in Cantonese and Mandarin... a bit too much! chasing up to the episodes i formally missed. Anyways, just wondering how you people find the theme songs for both the korean and chinese (canto) versions. obviously, there's a difference if you listen to them. The chinese one is by Kelly Chen. She also sings a sub theme for the series. Has anyone come across it yet?
    *.*

kelly chen eh? i cant say that ive come across that one.....singing oh nara in chinese?? wow....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by Yanagi
    Hi. I'm watching the series again. This time both in Cantonese and Mandarin... a bit too much! chasing up to the episodes i formally missed. Anyways, just wondering how you people find the theme songs for both the korean and chinese (canto) versions. obviously, there's a difference if you listen to them. The chinese one is by Kelly Chen. She also sings a sub theme for the series. Has anyone come across it yet?
    Yup.. I've listened to it. Only the themesong though. Its good