Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

Thumbs up jang geum

this series is excellent and has many lesson. until now the system of gov't is still present.. at first i thought jewel in the palace is boring to watch when my frend told me that it has 70 episode.. but when i watched the complete cd of my frend. gush! my sleeping habit changed... my eye bag became swollen.. i couldn't stop watching it.. i think many has already watched it and they has the same opinion as i.

Quote Originally Posted by krishe
    this series is excellent and has many lesson. until now the system of gov't is still present.. at first i thought jewel in the palace is boring to watch when my frend told me that it has 70 episode.. but when i watched the complete cd of my frend. gush! my sleeping habit changed... my eye bag became swollen.. i couldn't stop watching it.. i think many has already watched it and they has the same opinion as i.

I agree with u! it is really great! i really really like it! for me it is the greatest korean novela!
    JEWEL IN THE PALACE is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter
    bEcause she sick (she got fever) ...and she is tortured at the jail
    really? oh my god.... so sad....... T.T

Quote Originally Posted by krishe
    i agree with you totally, at first i wasn't really aware of this series i only saw my parents watching it on television and i thought it was another soppy korean drama series, however, as i started to watch a little of the series, i was completely hooked on and felt like it was the best korean drama series ever, i could not stop watching it and was so eager for it to show every day... when my parents got the dvd, i watched it again with my dad and we both were so engrossed we would sit from morning to night watching the series until fatigue took a hold of us, it was so addictive that you kept wanting more... and i did, due to the high ratings, they decided to show it one television again, and i watched it again but this time in korean... it was just fantastic and you cannot get tired of the plots and emotions, the show grabs hold of you and puts you at the edge of your seat every time...when watching it the third time, you understand what the director was trying to portray, and the in depth emotions going on...making you want MORE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_jewel
    really? oh my god.... so sad....... T.T
    yes. it's quite a sad scene. i couldnt believe that she;s gonna die tat way... hope u keep watching and u'll fiind out why...

Default king Jung Jong

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    well, the king fell in love with changjin because she did not treat him like a king but more of a normal person, so the king felt different towards her as she was always by his side and also caring for him, he felt something for her that he had not experienced for a long time... tt's why he did not realise he liked her until the queen mother brought the issue up...the king's love was more of a need for a person to give him care and concern without always bearing in mind that he is the king...and since changjin did exactly that..he fell in love with her... therefore.. i think it was kinda of an immediate need for love on his side..

in the case of minzhenghao and changjin..was more like starting out as good friends... but ending up caring a lot for one another and eventually falling in love/...although it is a little fairytale-ish.. the love wasn't love at first sight but more of a gradual thing.. and his love for her was more of admiration cum love...so these are very two different situations... depends on which type of love story u lprefer better///
    hey..gal a great analysis n interpretation of the love between JG n MJH n
    JG n the emperor Yup... a poor poor guy who had fall in love with a woman but to no avail at the end...

Actually king Jung Jong is not my favourite character...... until the last few episodes. He's very irresolute and indecisive. He can be easily dissuaded from anything by his mother or scholars complaining about his decision. But in the last few episodes, he stood by his decision with regards to JG to become his personal physician. From my point of view, he's a gentleman, he can even made her to be his concubine with the imperial power he had, since he's deeply in love with her....
    But to my great shocked, he let her to do what she wanted, and the way he told her "You will stay by my side from now on. This is an order from a King and as a man I beg you". Wooow.....this's really a emotional scene.

On the last episodes, the way he sent her away, refusing to take her revolutionary treatment for fear that if he died she wouldn't have time to run away was really touched my heart. Yup......sent her to the man she loved....what i want to said " thank you king Jung Jong for reuniting of JG n MJH, yes.....my perfect couple..."

Then the king died. His death was the saddest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by honey_girl
    hey..gal a great analysis n interpretation of the love between JG n MJH n
    JG n the emperor Yup... a poor poor guy who had fall in love with a woman but to no avail at the end...

Actually king Jung Jong is not my favourite character...... until the last few episodes. He's very irresolute and indecisive. He can be easily dissuaded from anything by his mother or scholars complaining about his decision. But in the last few episodes, he stood by his decision with regards to JG to become his personal physician. From my point of view, he's a gentleman, he can even made her to be his concubine with the imperial power he had, since he's deeply in love with her....
    But to my great shocked, he let her to do what she wanted, and the way he told her "You will stay by my side from now on. This is an order from a King and as a man I beg you". Wooow.....this's really a emotional scene.

On the last episodes, the way he sent her away, refusing to take her revolutionary treatment for fear that if he died she wouldn't have time to run away was really touched my heart. Yup......sent her to the man she loved....what i want to said " thank you king Jung Jong for reuniting of JG n MJH, yes.....my perfect couple..."

Then the king died. His death was the saddest for me.
    hey hanks for the comment... i totally agree with you... at first watching king jung jong i didn't really quite like his character, firstly because i felt personally he wasn't as good looking as mjh and secondly he was such an indecisive man with not thoughts of his own... he's the KING for goodness sakes can't he even make his own decisions? must he be manipulated by his officials.. even though he should always listen to the good advise his officials gave him, he should know how to diffrentiate between good and bad...

but luckily he redeemed himself by making cj his personal physician and also not make her his concubine, sadly though mjh had to be sacrificed for that to come true..however, in the end when he sent cj away when he was dying, he wrote an imperial edict for mjh and told him that he was eternally grateful to what cj and mjh had helped him do and everything they had gone through due to the corrupt officials... so in the end, king jung jong really shined and redeemed himself from a hopeless leader to a man of great calibre...

i hate lady choi and her brother!!!

Just finish watching this series, it has to be one of the best TV series ever made !
    I will try to rewatch it in English as I could barely understood some of the dialogue in Mandarin. Thanks to those who provided plot summary and translation at this thread, that's how I understood what was going (lol). Thanks again guys !

well, i hope i can find complete set of cds of jewel in the palace here in the philippines....

Question

is it really right to burry ur mom with stones?? it doesn't seem right.. can't she think of something else.. like find someone to help her out with her mother... to have a proper burrial...

Quote Originally Posted by maki_hitsugaya
    is it really right to burry ur mom with stones?? it doesn't seem right.. can't she think of something else.. like find someone to help her out with her mother... to have a proper burrial...
    well, you got to think of the situation she was in then, she was being hunted down by the cui's and also due to her father's background, therefore in fact she herslef was a fugitive on the run, if she had asked someone to give her mother a burial she might risk getting caught, secondly you need money in order to give someone a burial, and she did not have money, she even had to survive eating on roots... therefore, although it is not right to bury a person like that i think for a girl her age and given the circumstances she has done a great job of burying her mother already...

well, you got to think of the situation she was in then, she was being hunted down by the cui's and also due to her father's background, therefore in fact she herslef was a fugitive on the run, if she had asked someone to give her mother a burial she might risk getting caught, secondly you need money in order to give someone a burial, and she did not have money, she even had to survive eating on roots... therefore, although it is not right to bury a person like that i think for a girl her age and given the circumstances she has done a great job of burying her mother already...

yah, i agree with u.... i felt so sad bcoz of it..... jang geum is so strong!

da chang jin is such a great show, although i have not watched many korean shows before i feel that DCJ is quite a good and worth watching show.. although many ppl might not be very interested in this show as full house and lovers in paris due to the traditional outlook on this show. however, i think this is a great misconception coz i used to think DCJ was a boring traditional korean show until i watched it and got totally addicted to the twisted plots and intriguing recipes, this show is really not your typical series, but a show that has been put together with much effort and time, the director is really commendable as he has incorporated history facts and accounts into the story and still make the series great to watch and not some boring documentary.... the actors and actresses fantastic acting really made the show one of the top few... i think that this show has received high ratings because it is something new and fresh from all those other "modern" stories about present day etc.
    i feel as we move closer to the future it is good to reminiscence of the good old past and walk down memory lane once in a while...

da chang jin is such a great show, although i have not watched many korean shows before i feel that DCJ is quite a good and worth watching show.. although many ppl might not be very interested in this show as full house and lovers in paris due to the traditional outlook on this show. however, i think this is a great misconception coz i used to think DCJ was a boring traditional korean show until i watched it and got totally addicted to the twisted plots and intriguing recipes, this show is really not your typical series, but a show that has been put together with much effort and time, the director is really commendable as he has incorporated history facts and accounts into the story and still make the series great to watch and not some boring documentary.... the actors and actresses fantastic acting really made the show one of the top few... i think that this show has received high ratings because it is something new and fresh from all those other "modern" stories about present day etc.
    i feel as we move closer to the future it is good to reminiscence of the good old past and walk down memory lane once in a while...

Ya, this is a great show!!!! even my father likes it! my whole family watch it every weekdays!

for me i like her because she has alot of talent in cooking... i hate cooking... i mean when i'm the one cooking... she's also smart... and pretty.. i can't believe it's a true story... isn't it?? well i think she's cool... she have all the guts that she need... pretty tough huh... but... i don't think its the best rated TV show... right??

for me i like her because she has alot of talent in cooking... i hate cooking... i mean when i'm the one cooking... she's also smart... and pretty.. i can't believe it's a true story... isn't it?? well i think she's cool... she have all the guts that she need... pretty tough huh... but... i don't think its the best rated TV show... right??
    yup..sadly it isn't.. i guess it isn't as appealing as the other korean dramas...besides, i think many ppl are turned off by the show when they see the shots for the show as they are all wearing traditional korean costumes and with their hair all bunned up, therefore i suspect this is the reason, even normal chinese wuxia (martial fighting) shows are not well received unless a famous "hot" actor/actress is acting in it.. i guess due to the not so famous cast then... sorta lowered the ratings...but seriously ppl.. it's a great show to watch, very educational...(from my point of view) and it is much better or at least a breath of fresh air from all the other boring modern dramas...

I think it is the best...... i think it is the top rated tv show!

Question Continuity

I thought Yong Seng is a sweet character, but the continuity is quite bad. In the last episode, Yong Seng's daughter is not around. And she almost died giving birth. The daughter is also important for her--- giving her position in the palace. Did I miss some episodes where the girl disappear, die, get killed ,,,what?

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    I thought Yong Seng is a sweet character, but the continuity is quite bad. In the last episode, Yong Seng's daughter is not around. And she almost died giving birth. The daughter is also important for her--- giving her position in the palace. Did I miss some episodes where the girl disappear, die, get killed ,,,what?

Her daughter was never mentioned again after the birth, I wished the director would cast a little girl to play her daughter, Imagine her daughter and Chang Jing's daughter play with one another when the family return to the palace.

There was a young princess in the show, who was she ? She was with the King and lady queen when one of the prince was ill, then toward the end of the show, she appear again sitting next to the young king, the lady queen and Yong Seng. I thought she is a bit too old to be Yong Seng's daughter.