Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report Spammer

Thumbs down Report Spammer

SC and Moderators, I'll like to report a certain nuisance spamming at the various sections. This is his profile:

yndphong

Please remove his/her posting rights, as he/she has been claiming easy money by "hacking" some thing or whatever.

The threads that he spammed are:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11274

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...249#post342249

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11275

There may be more besides Japanese/Korean Series, TVB Series and ATV Series.

Thanks, Fruity. yndphong won't be interrupting our conversations again.

Doh...there's an icon next to ur offline/online icon, right below everyone's avatar. U can click on icon to report spams to moderator.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mich
    Doh...there's an icon next to ur offline/online icon, right below everyone's avatar. U can click on icon to report spams to moderator.
    Sorry, I didn't notice that..I thought it was an decoration or something. I think that time I didn't see any Mods online and I was worried those websites might contain malicious spywares...but thanks Ken for the speedy solution...

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch
    SC and Moderators, I'll like to report a certain nuisance spamming at the various sections. This is his profile:

yndphong

Please remove his/her posting rights, as he/she has been claiming easy money by "hacking" some thing or whatever.

The threads that he spammed are:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11274

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...249#post342249

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11275

There may be more besides Japanese/Korean Series, TVB Series and ATV Series.
    We just need to be very careful when such thread is in the forum. There is another one posted last week at TVB Series and I click on it by accident. Guess what? My notebook was automatically rebooted, hope I did not get hacked or something. It is terrible for people doing such thing in the Web World!!

Be careful everyone!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

spammer #1: hyperstink989 w/ a super annoying avatar
    spammer #2: XxGetLow4ShoXx
    spammer #3: XxSimpleeSweet9xX

spammer #2 and #3 are probably the same person.

Dunno what jay_z has against hyperlink989, but he/she is NOT a spammer.

He/she didn't post any advertistment or nonsense post just to add post count. His/her messages are as normal as everyone else's.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-25-05 at 12:15 AM.

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z

just because you hav a problem wif boy'z.....and i think you dont know wat spamming means....

Quote Originally Posted by ENCARTA DICTORNARY
    spam [spam]
    noun (plural spams)
    electronic junk mail: an unsolicited often commercial message transmitted through the Internet as a mass mailing to a large number of recipients

transitive and intransitive verb (past spammed, past participle spammed, present participle spam·ming, 3rd person present singular spams)
    post multiple unwanted messages: to post a message many times to a newsgroup, an inappropriate message to multiple newsgroups, or to send an unsolicited message, often an advertisement, to many people

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2005. © 1993-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    this is from the dictionary.....if u dont understand, it mans that someone posting a large number of useless/unwanted messages or emails to a group of people.......my avatar does not post (i hope not... ) and if u got a problem wif it......then o well.....

EDIT: and in the forum guidelines....i dont see a rule that prohibits annoying avatars.....
    Last edited by hyperlink989; 02-25-05 at 05:06 PM.
    meePiT

Lol, that's true .......... but goddamn, your avatar is very annoying.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by levendis d'orange
    Lol, that's true .......... but goddamn, your avatar is very annoying.
    tell me which bit is frankly annoying...i'll try to change it
    meePiT

I don't see any need to change your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    I don't see any need to change your avatar.
    ok....i think this board should b concluded as the main problem has been solved...as for my avatar, if you really dont like it...pm me...if alot of ppl send complaints then i will think about changing it.....

note: spamming my inbox wif complaints wont do...u will only go into my ignore list.....
    meePiT

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    tell me which bit is frankly annoying...i'll try to change it

the flashing part
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

Quote Originally Posted by levendis d'orange
    the flashing part
    hehe....then i hav an even more annoying one comming up...(jst jokes...)

avatar under construction...bare wif me man

edit: changed avatar...hope it is more eye friendly now....still editing it...
    Last edited by hyperlink989; 02-25-05 at 08:03 PM.
    meePiT

The definition of what is a SPAM depends on the person and the situation

What if I post a comment like this

"I LOVE SPAM"

It could very well meant that I like the processed meat canned meat product but people can also assume I like junk mail.

But if a person don't really care what i was posting he or she might think what I am posting is a SPAM. If someone also shared my taste for SPAM he or she might think that is not a SPAM.

So really SPAM is really subjective when posting on the boards.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

if you read this thread and look at the times of hyperstink989's posts, you won't need me to tell you that he/she is a spammer. has spcnet become your chatroom?

if you read this thread and look at the times of hyperstink989's posts, you won't need me to tell you that he/she is a spammer. has spcnet become your chatroom?
    He/she has something to say, so, he/she post replies to thread he/she wants to comment on. What's wrong with that? So, we have to limit ourselves to 3 posts a day or something to not be considered a spammer?

Since everyone is on this topic, i would like to point out that there's not a lot of spammers here compare to the other forums that i had visited. Furthermore, even if we have them, the moderator found them very fast. Some, or most, of the post here are long. Some of the other forums have post like thx, agree w/ u... and so forth, and the moderators there doesn't care. The forum is pretty nice now cause i remember when we have the relationship thread, there was a lot of spammers. Some members, whose name would remain nameless, started a bunch of bs threads and we never ban them.

are you trying to say that i am not allowed to lurk around the forum for a hour or 2? does that mean i am a spammer?

if i did spam, can u point out some posts that i did?

and also you said my avatar was spam.....as i said....spam is when a user posts junk rapidly ...often by advertizing an object etc.....
    Last edited by hyperlink989; 02-25-05 at 11:56 PM.
    meePiT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    The definition of what is a SPAM depends on the person and the situation

What if I post a comment like this

"I LOVE SPAM"

It could very well meant that I like the processed meat canned meat product but people can also assume I like junk mail.

But if a person don't really care what i was posting he or she might think what I am posting is a SPAM. If someone also shared my taste for SPAM he or she might think that is not a SPAM.

So really SPAM is really subjective when posting on the boards.
    ....so are you saying that jay_z is saying that he thinks i am a spam eater?

and person 2/3 are different person...only blood related....(i pm'ed them)

also having a "super annoying avatar" isnt called spamming....you could of just pm'ed me and gave me a good reason for changing my avatar......

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by mich
    Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch
    Sorry, I didn't notice that..I thought it was an decoration or something. I think that time I didn't see any Mods online and I was worried those websites might contain malicious spywares...but thanks Ken for the speedy solution...
    if you are to report me....try using that button.....(the one that looks like this ... ! ) also, mods usually use the invisible mode to hide if they are online or not....
    Last edited by hyperlink989; 02-26-05 at 01:51 AM.
    meePiT