Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1294

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    AIYOH! Mark! Oh dear MARK! You're so smart and clever but you had to fall for a manipulative witch like Chloe! She doesn't even deserve your love and care. Or even your cute jokes to cheer her up. Damn! It's almost like Yelu Qi and Guo Fu! I'm so jealous of how Chloe gets to hold his hand, be in his arms, kiss him and have him wipe her tears and tell jokes to cheer her up! MAN! makes me even hate her more!
    She gets more!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    She gets more!
    Thank goodness its only a tv series, Derek Kwok Jing Hung's heart belongs to his wife and not Chloe or Elaine Yiu.

Ella Kong is way prettier than Elaine Yiu!

Charbydis--- go check ur pm or email pls!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Actually, I don't hate Chloe either. She is a manipulator who uses other people's emotions. I don't think there is anything wrong with her helping her father by using the Wong family. She and her father can provide a much better future for the business than the whole Wong family put together.

Afterall, I don't blame Fred for hating Wong Yuk Ting so much. His sister gave her youth and time and money to help him establish his business and useful connections to help him succeed, and how does he repay her? He goes and sleeps with her nurse when she is dying of cancer - even if it was true love, at least wait til she dies and give her some respect.

Back to Chloe, just because she sleeps around doesn't mean that she likes to sleep with ugly old men to help Kit. It's not a sacrifice if you enjoy doing it, but it is if you don't.

I seriously don't like Kit. Kit is way out of control, and resorts to solve problems via either violence or money payment, rather than facing underlying issues. I find his growth too rapid and unrealistic. He also has serious trust issues with Happy as well, he didn't even hesitate to scream at her. And he has reflex problems too, he doesn't like Chloe but he just lets her suck on his face for 5 mins before pushing her way, and agrees to them getting married. I think he leads her on most of the times which i think is weak and wrong.

If he was more stronger in expressing or trusting to Happy or even refusing Chloe, then this stupid love triangle would not occur no matter how much Chloe schemed. He is extremely selfish and wants Happy at his beck and call, but doesn't do anything to tellher that he likes her, even when she leaves. I don't think either girl should be so hung up on him - he's not worth dying over. Now if it was Martin, that's another case....
    We think so alike.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    We think so alike.
    This is getting freaky!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I'm up to ep 24, man Kit is getting a little bit too obessesive with getting revenge. He's lost his mind time and time again. Kit is a lot like Oscar in GF.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm up to ep 24, man Kit is getting a little bit too obessesive with getting revenge. He's lost his mind time and time again. Kit is a lot like Oscar in GF.
    Oscar is better since at least he is innocent and thought his bro betrayed the whole family and he still cares for hsi famly. Kit just wants to hurt his enemies at the risk of destroying his close ones too (e.g. finance for Sunny Bay Hotel)!
    Cyril Connolly

Oscar is better since at least he is innocent and thought his bro betrayed the whole family and he still cares for hsi famly. Kit just wants to hurt his enemies at the risk of destroying his close ones too (e.g. finance for Sunny Bay Hotel)!
    Yes. I guess you're right. Oscar is better than Kit there. Kit hasn't learn much, he's completely reverted back to his old self. What a pity for his family.

Well...six more episodes!
    I can't wait to see Papa Cheng and Manipulative witch suffer the consequences of their actions. Aiyoh, Mark why do you have to choose to be a Yelu Qi to that witch's Guo Fu.

Yes, Mr Cheng and Chloe paid for their actions dearly.

Kit, on the other hand, got off scott free. He didn't even need to pay a dime for all the damage he has done. In fact, he reapped the most benefits.

lol suet seung's comments are making me laugh! oh, and for fans of ella koon..if there are any, pls don't kill me for this...whenever i see her character name mentioned i think of our cute little brown dog whose named happy also haha, so instead of imagining ella koon's face i ended up seeing our cute dog!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I think I am unsatisfied with the ending. It didn't seem to solve any issues realistically except gang up on the bad guy. They try to make everything the perfect ending, but IMO, it sucks. I hate that storyline with the Crown Princess and stuff, it was too cheesy. As if a country would just let you create such gigantis rumours and let you off without any explanation to the media.

I just see a very rushed ending!
    Cyril Connolly

The ironic thing is that what Mr.Cheng did is not much different from what Martin and gang did. The only truly evil thing he did is bribing that driver to tell a lie. Other things like secretly buying over company share, snatch rival's land through higher bidding, creating false impression/rumour to manipulate business share and stuff, all has been done on Martin. While the more evil stuff, Wong Kai Kit is also guilty of doing several such deeds. But Mr.Cheng is the only one who get a bad ending.

I actually feel sorry for Mr.Cheng.

The ironic thing is that what Mr.Cheng did is not much different from what Martin and gang did. The only truly evil thing he did is bribing that driver to tell a lie. Other things like secretly buying over company share, snatch rival's land through higher bidding, creating false impression/rumour to manipulate business share and stuff, all has been done on Martin. While the more evil stuff, Wong Kai Kit is also guilty of doing several such deeds. But Mr.Cheng is the only one who get a bad ending.

I actually feel sorry for Mr.Cheng.
    Oh Kidd! Now you're defending Mr. Cheng? I'm not done with the series yet so I don't know if Mr. Cheng's motives are entirely evil but so far, I guess in the world of RDOV, evil intent counts more than evil actions? So if you do evil actions with bad malicious intent, you're punished. But if you're originally good and you do evil with the purprose of revenge for your father, its different?

I keep hearing from you that Mr. Cheng's actions are because of his dead sister and his vengeance against Wong Yuk Ting for having an affair with the nurse? Is that completely true? That he's just doing it without any selfish ulterior motive to just be rich and better than the Wongs?

I read a few of the previous pages in this thread and ppl keep saying Golden Faith is better than RDOV. That's not neccessarily true, at least for me. The scheming uncle in GF was probably not as smart and cunning as Mr. Cheng in RDOV. Gallen's character was from what I can recall...is considered perfect man while Martin Ko here is almost perfect with cleverness, calm, cautious, a good boyfriend (for the most part) and son, he still has flaws too. When he couldn't find his father's body, he was angry ,upset and completely lost his calmness to the point he wanted to wreck vengeance against the three brothers and drove himself into an accident. Another flaw is using Becky to deal with Mr. Cheng.

And why the heck is Jessica Hsuan better than Kenix Kwok? Kenix is no Jessica? Geez, I don't find Jessica's acting that GREAT and peerless. Whoever said that is bias.

I think RDOV cast did pretty good minus Ron Ng. I think I enjoy RDOV a little more than GF. GF at some points felt draggy and long, I felt like losing interest at some parts of the GF.

I keep hearing from you that Mr. Cheng's actions are because of his dead sister and his vengeance against Wong Yuk Ting for having an affair with the nurse? Is that completely true? That he's just doing it without any selfish ulterior motive to just be rich and better than the Wongs?
    Girl, u get the wrong person. It's impossible that you can 'keep hearing from me that Mr. Cheng's actions are because of his dead sister', because I never said that. It's charbydis who said it. I only agree with her.

There is greed involved, but it's partly because of his sister too.

Girl, u get the wrong person. It's impossible that you can 'keep hearing from me that Mr. Cheng's actions are because of his dead sister', because I never said that. It's charbydis who said it. I only agree with her.

There is greed involved, but it's partly because of his sister too.
    Oh sorry Kidd. I thought you said you and Charby's thoughts are so much alike. I just kinda mixed you two together or got confused between the two of you. Hahaha....

I think Mr. Cheng's greed weighs more than his sister, because when he did his evil stuff, he didn't care much for his nephews, as far as he knew, they were just pawns in his grand plan and schemes. Even Becky, who he had helped many years ago was just a plot to get her to trust and be loyal to him and do his bidding. All are pawns in Mr Cheng's eyes. The only person he actually cares for maybe is his daughter.

Oh Kidd! Now you're defending Mr. Cheng? I'm not done with the series yet so I don't know if Mr. Cheng's motives are entirely evil but so far, I guess in the world of RDOV, evil intent counts more than evil actions? So if you do evil actions with bad malicious intent, you're punished. But if you're originally good and you do evil with the purprose of revenge for your father, its different?
    But Kai Kit's intention is still harmful. He meant to cause harm to Martin. He meant to make Martin lost everything. No matter the reason, he is still doing harm. What more, his revenge plan not only harm his intended target, but his brothers and the company his father so painstakingly build up.

No matter the intent of the person, I don't see how buying a company's share secretly to take over a company is so evil.

I also don't see how Martin creating false rumour to manipulate a company's share with the intention of taking/buying over the company any more noble than other businessmen doing the same thing.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-12-06 at 12:49 PM.

But Kai Kit's intention is still harmful. He meant to cause harm to Martin. He meant to make Martin lost everything. No matter the reason, he is still doing harm. What more, his revenge plan not only harm his intended target, but his brothers and the company his father so painstakingly build up.

No matter the intent of the person, I don't see how buying a company's share secretly to take over a company is so evil.

I also don't see how Martin creating false rumour to manipulate a company's share in the intention of taking/buying over the company any more noble than other businessmen doing the same thing.
    From what I learned about RDOV...Not everything is black or white. Same goes for people in RDOV, they're like the two faces of a coin, not entirely bad but not entire good either. All of them use others to serve or carry out their scheme.

Except maybe for Kai Xin, she doesn't judge or doubt people or do anything evil against anyone. Her name means Happy but I guess the purpose of having Kit making her sad all the time, is the point which the scriptwriters want to make--perfect/good irony.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-12-06 at 12:46 PM.

[QUOTE=Suet Seung] Oh Kidd! Now you're defending Mr. Cheng? I'm not done with the series yet so I don't know if Mr. Cheng's motives are entirely evil but so far, I guess in the world of RDOV, evil intent counts more than evil actions? So if you do evil actions with bad malicious intent, you're punished. But if you're originally good and you do evil with the purprose of revenge for your father, its different?

It was me!

I'm not saying that Fred had no ulterior motives at all - he was greedy, power-hungry and vengeful, but at least he had a very good reason to hate Wong Yuk Ting. I am agreeing with Kidd. The business will only suit devious, scheming and hypocritical people - but it doesn't make them evil, just a greedy opportunitist.

He doesn't aim to kill, but Kit does (lucky Martin and Mark can fight back! LOL! ) Kit isn't evil either, but he is more despicable because he sunk that low.

I always say, you can be as evil to the ones you don't like, but you must be at least nice and protective of the ones you love. But for revenge, Kit repeatedly put his loved ones in danger (brothers, friend) or in humiliation (Happy).

He used innocent people too like Martin's dad. He fully knew that Ko San had lost his memory and was loyal to him instead of Martin, but yet he still betrayed him just to hurt Martin. That is despicable and selfish. Fred was not great either, but he never betrayed or hurt his own people.

I read a few of the previous pages in this thread and ppl keep saying Golden Faith is better than RDOV. That's not neccessarily true, at least for me. The scheming uncle in GF was probably not as smart and cunning as Mr. Cheng in RDOV. Gallen's character was from what I can recall...is considered perfect man while Martin Ko here is almost perfect with cleverness, calm, cautious, a good boyfriend (for the most part) and son, he still has flaws too. When he couldn't find his father's body, he was angry ,upset and completely lost his calmness to the point he wanted to wreck vengeance against the three brothers and drove himself into an accident. Another flaw is using Becky to deal with Mr. Cheng.
    I think those flaws make him more human and easier to attach to emoitonally. I got really lost with Ivan because he just didn't stand up for himself and had no hatred or jelaousy which I thought was impossible any person in the real world.

Flaws are vital for a sense of realism, but flaws with no development just makes a character paper-deep and confusing - Kit.

And why the heck is Jessica Hsuan better than Kenix Kwok? Kenix is no Jessica? Geez, I don't find Jessica's acting that GREAT and peerless. Whoever said that is bias.
    Actually, I thought neither Kenix nor Jessica did well in their respective roles. But Kenix had the upperhand since she got the "deeper" character whereas Jess's Ching Ti Nam was shallow, predicatble and sort of boring. THe romance factors were thatgreat either. Mybe it was because I like Sabrina (Anne) more!

I think RDOV cast did pretty good minus Ron Ng. I think I enjoy RDOV a little more than GF. GF at some points felt draggy and long, I felt like losing interest at some parts of the GF.
    I though RDOV was more exciting than GF.
    Cyril Connolly

I think Mr. Cheng's greed weighs more than his sister, because when he did his evil stuff, he didn't care much for his nephews, as far as he knew, they were just pawns in his grand plan and schemes. Even Becky, who he had helped many years ago was just a plot to get her to trust and be loyal to him and do his bidding. All are pawns in Mr Cheng's eyes. The only person he actually cares for maybe is his daughter.
    In my opinion, the main reason he did so many things to get the company is because he is 'ng gam sum' (cannot reconcile to/不甘心 ) being kicked out of the company after he and his sister put so much effort in it. He did build the hotel together with his sister and brother in-law.

He also has his own travel agency and he has enough money if he wanted to build another hotel. But he just wanted Royal Court Hotel. He's willing to do anything, pay any large sum of money, to get the Hotel. This is not plain greed. The Hotel is kind of like his obsession already.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-12-06 at 01:00 PM.

Oh sorry Kidd. I thought you said you and Charby's thoughts are so much alike. I just kinda mixed you two together or got confused between the two of you. Hahaha....

He does care for Becky (I don't think it was just anger which made him go up to her flat and tell her that martin was using her, I think he partly sincere in his words) - they have a very strange connection. Only after she betrayed him for Martin that it was broken. If Fred really wnated to hurt Martin emotionally, he would have just gone after Becky andher son, but he didn't and remained focussed on Martin as his target. But Kit didn't.

I think he makes it clear that he doesn't care for his nephews right from the beginning because he associates them with Wong Yuk Ting. Besides, they are horrible businessmen, and Fred detests them because he can do a much better job but the are given the power instead because they are surnamed Wong. Fred makes it very clear that he doesn't believe in inheriting positions, and only the capable can rise (Yao Nung Jie Geu Chi). That's why he detests them so much, because he perceives them as unworthy.
    Cyril Connolly

This is not from me, but from Funn analyis of Ivan and I do agree with her. Ivan is not flawless. He biggest flaw is he is too attached to his adopted family. Too focus on paying back their kindness. Because of that, he became over-protective of Oscar. Never letting him fall and learn. In this case, he is not wise and also not perfect.

I think Golden Faith has more depth than RDOV. RDOV is pretty shallow in the character development department. But I still enjoy watching RDOV more because there are characters I really really like in RDOV while there are no such characters that appeal to me in GF (eventhough they have more depth). I agree also that RDOV's plot is more exciting. GF is pretty draggy.