Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

Default episode 3

wow i am getting addicted to this series..3 episodes done and dusted in wot 3 days.... Shame it is available to buy otherwise i'd b finishing the series off in a week..like i did with hotelier (for 5 days )

the storyline is getting better and better.., the guy who plays martin's sidekick is good..good to see him play a smart presentable and professional guy..
    This guy is good when he gets to play a policeman too like he was in FOJ

i happen to catch the first 10 episodes of this serie and so far i find the story a bit too extreme, i mean as if the whole world revolves around joe ma and ron ng and there is no law and order. And all of a sudden ron wants his father's hotel back because that hotel is so special to his dad? while during lau dan's death ron's character was like i do not feel a thing for him. But after feeling a bit of remorse he suddenly turns into a man with a mission, well talking about a quick character development. but i do like the themesong though
    shin chan

Default RDOV

i dunno because i have a fair bit to go before i reach where most people are in watching this series.. would mary hon die and that'll be expressed in her wishes in maintaining ownership of the hotel..plus the lychee garden had a meaning too??? that why ron wants to claim back ownership

or wen joe's real intentions are revealed..the need for it to be claimed back is prioritised perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    the storyline is getting better and better.., the guy who plays martin's sidekick is good..good to see him play a smart presentable and professional guy..
    This guy is good when he gets to play a policeman too like he was in FOJ
    I think his name is Kwok Cheng Hung. He was one of the brothers in Greed of Man too. Lots of minor roles but good ones.

One of the things that makes me continue with this series is I am curious about his story. I hope they'll focus more on his story. I see that he has a hug with a gal in the opening song.

Default RDoV

as they say ..you can choose your friends but you cant with family...

plus its common to "makeup" to that someone rather than have a big grudge against them..Becase having a grudge against someone is "painful"

thanks ginnie...i wonder how too his character progresses in RDOV

Quote Originally Posted by chupah
    i happen to catch the first 10 episodes of this serie and so far i find the story a bit too extreme, i mean as if the whole world revolves around joe ma and ron ng and there is no law and order. And all of a sudden ron wants his father's hotel back because that hotel is so special to his dad? while during lau dan's death ron's character was like i do not feel a thing for him. But after feeling a bit of remorse he suddenly turns into a man with a mission, well talking about a quick character development. but i do like the themesong though
    It somewhat makes sense but Ron's lack of acting ability may not have presented it that well. Ron's character, Ah Kit slowly learn about his father on a deeper level, learn that his father did a lot for him secretly. Sigh, Joe Ma dissapoints me again with his lack of movement. I know he is supposed to be cool and poised all the time but elegance doesn't equal to be a robot. Oh well...I wish they'll concentrate more on Kenix but no...they rather focus on these two leading man that are not convincing enough.

The theme song is really nice. I like the piano beginning.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

anyone wants the opening theme can follow the link in my sig.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    The hotel that's featured...is that in the philippines?
    The hotel is in the Mainland. Cheaper rent. =)

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    anyone wants the opening theme can follow the link in my sig.
    hey!!! i dunno y i can't play it.. i tried to play it in real playr but it doesn't work.. would u mind telling mi what to do?? << cos im not much of a computer expert thanks for your help!

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jollee
    hey!!! i dunno y i can't play it.. i tried to play it in real playr but it doesn't work.. would u mind telling mi what to do?? << cos im not much of a computer expert thanks for your help!
    that's probably the problem, you use real player. Try using another player OTHER than real player...because REAL player SUCKS.

Ok, that was out of topic. Back to topic. Next time, just PM me.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Spoilers

I am a bit disappointed with this series, not as great as expected and the storyline developed so fast, I am currently at ep. 15 and the brothers are working together already. It's like it's going to end soon, but there is another 15 episodes coming...

I really don't know if this serial will disappoint but I am hoping not....

i just finished ep 4. too bad i can't download ep 5 coz it seems that the seeds are all used up! now im in a cliffhang end... i see in the next ep that joe's not that good afterall....anyway, the sidekick of martin was played by derek kwok. yes i agree he's a good actor. and i think the guy he hugged in the opening theme was...what's her name again? the girl who's in a love triangle with ron and ella.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I had expected this thread to be more active..seems not as many people as I thought are watching this serial..or is it because people are waiting for the full set..anyway. up to episode 5, I really like Ella Koon here..she's very likeable and i like her pairing with Ron so far. I wonder if Joe Ma is really interested in Kenix or just making use of her too? The hotel's in China? so they must have spend some time filming over there.
    Last edited by strawberry; 09-01-05 at 09:58 AM.

yes i think it's in china. it's only in the later episode did they shoot some scenes in the philippines
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default episode 4

with luck..i shall be watching episode 4 later

i wonder wot court case will there be of which martin's aide is the acting solicitor ..i dont think its just for the sake of arguing over ownership of the hotel...i think its a little bit more than that

Finished episode 6, I am also wondering about David Chiang and Kenix's relationship? and very curious about the other girl that's going to be in the Ron, Ella triangle..anyone knows more about that?

Default elaine

u mean elaine?? i think she's nice...it'll be her second series wiv TVB..

i wanna know how raymond cho is brought into the storyline .my mind wanders..ps..i dont want any spoilers thanks

Default episode 4

great episode.. i think winnie is quite good as portraying an evil character..its a refreshing role for any artiste. I felt so good when the truth about food poisoning was revealed and she was fired with immediate effect..

oh yes..the court case....it was horrifying when you heard all the family be so anti-mary.. I wonder if the photo they used as evidence for the court case was "fake" or is joe really Lau dan's son??

Does any care about the 2 supporting actresses are so butt ugly? The girl who plays Chloe is not even considered "average cute" and how the hell she got to do T.V is beyond me? I don't who her daddy knows, or who she has she sleep w/, she 's just sucks big time. I've never seen her before, she is some washed out ex Miss HK? And the girl who plays Ron Ng's love interets is another eye sore. Really hurting the eyes and the voice is annoying ,her charcter is annoying too.Why can't TVB use TVB actresses instead of recuiting some no talent has been.