Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter 4- The Goblet of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    I finally had a chance to watch Harry Potter over the weekend. This one is better than the last one. The characters certainly are becoming more likeable to me. (cough) (Or maybe it's because Dan is growing up to be quite a handsome lad. )

I didn't find Cedric's death sad maybe because his appearance was brief and I don't really read the book so I don't particularly care for him. However the moment when Harry helped out Cedric in the maze then Cedric told Harry to take the cup was kind of nice. There were other fun events like the dance with Harry's sloppy first dance and Ron in the 'dress'. Harry's first crush was cute but I'm more interested to see the real deal, the triangle between Harry-Hermoine-Ron which probably won't happen in a couple movies down the road.
    Is there for sure something happening bet the 3 leads? cause I did not read book 5 and 6 much and have forgotten what I read.

When is the next one going to come out???

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    so they are making like 6 of these movies right?
    There's gonna be 7 movies in a total.
    The next one is Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince, and the last book. The 7th/final book isn't released yet though.

and, bout when could we watch the fifth movie.. its either during the end of next year, or early 2007.

ooo..god by the time all these movie are finished, the actors in the movie will be the ages 30+

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    ooo..god by the time all these movie are finished, the actors in the movie will be the ages 30+
    Nah.. don't think so.. not the trio, at least.
    Emma Watson is only 15. Dan, 16 and Rupert, 17. They've already finished 4 movies.. so I guess they'll finish it before the age of 25 unless.. JK Rowling dawdles with the seventh book... I hope not.

yeah i don't think it will take them 15yrs to finish filming all hp installments, unless they want to get killed by diehard fans
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yeah i don't think it will take them 15yrs to finish filming all hp installments, unless they want to get killed by diehard fans
    Lol.. I can start to picture a 30 year old Daniel Radcliffe playing a 17 year old Harry Potter..

lol that's gonna be extremely weird!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i think hp and the prisoner of azkaban's better than hp and the goblet of fire....everything just happened soooo fast here...i mean,what's up with not filming the world cup?........the director even skipped the h/hr kiss! what's that all about...it's like a symbol for us pumpkin pie diehards!btw, i think hp and the half-blood prince didn't live up to my expectations of jk....2 me,she's dropped from super talented to mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    i think hp and the prisoner of azkaban's better than hp and the goblet of fire....everything just happened soooo fast here...i mean,what's up with not filming the world cup?........the director even skipped the h/hr kiss! what's that all about...it's like a symbol for us pumpkin pie diehards!btw, i think hp and the half-blood prince didn't live up to my expectations of jk....2 me,she's dropped from super talented to mediocre
    Erm, yeah.. I agree.. but I believe in one thing. Movies can never be the same with books.. Hermione did kiss Harry though I don't like them not filming the world cup, and yup, its too fast paced, but at least the parts of the story are not as jumbled as PoA(I like PoA as well, don't misunderstand).

and, bout Half-Blood Prince.. its actually one of my favourite books
    So.. I just have to say, its just a matter of opinions about the books. Btw, chill about the movie. Imo, movies adapted from books should not be given high hopes so that.. you'll get satisfied nevertheless.. Anyway, just a thought.

yah i myself was disappointed with not seeing more of the world cup. but i think it's normal for the movie 4 to be fast paced because the book is sooo lengthy and they have to forcefully cut it short for a 2hr film! i read in time magazine that it took the scriptwriter to finalize his script for 2yrs (? well not sure but im sure i read years) so i think it's the best he can do. you can't really expect the movies to be very complete.
    as for POA, like arach, i like it too. but if you're someone who didn't read the hp books, you'll end up confused and lost. that's exactly what happened to my siblings who watched the movie with me. throughout the whole film i still have to fill them in on what's happening. and i just don't like how they jumbled the events.
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Is this still in theater?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Is this still in theater?
    Umm.. I dunno.. but I'm pretty sure its taken down from theatres in Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Erm, yeah.. I agree.. but I believe in one thing. Movies can never be the same with books.. Hermione did kiss Harry though I don't like them not filming the world cup, and yup, its too fast paced, but at least the parts of the story are not as jumbled as PoA(I like PoA as well, don't misunderstand).

and, bout Half-Blood Prince.. its actually one of my favourite books
    So.. I just have to say, its just a matter of opinions about the books. Btw, chill about the movie. Imo, movies adapted from books should not be given high hopes so that.. you'll get satisfied nevertheless.. Anyway, just a thought.
    -true,true.but being such a huge hp fan,i can't help being very demanding of them directors......i wonder who's next in the director's list?i hope it's the PoA guy.I like the way he interprets from the story.the part where hermione sorta playfully slapped harry's hand when they're about 2 use the time-turner is really a moment to remember.do u guys think that snape's evil?i dunno why but i still think that he can be trusted cuz in my mind he'll alwes be the greasy haired teenager who got bullied around

I personally thought GOF was better than PofA - there was just much more spicey material to work with in GOF.

Did anybody else think the new Dumbledore was terrible? I thought he came across as wayyy to aggresive, looking like he was going to strangle Harry in one scene.

The first 'dragon' task was exagerated 2 much and Cedric Diggory was SUPPOSED to B handsome ...although Fleur Delacour was very cute
    "Things we achieve too easily we esteem too lightly" -Thomas Paine

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Long Nu
    I personally thought GOF was better than PofA - there was just much more spicey material to work with in GOF.

Did anybody else think the new Dumbledore was terrible? I thought he came across as wayyy to aggresive, looking like he was going to strangle Harry in one scene.

The first 'dragon' task was exagerated 2 much and Cedric Diggory was SUPPOSED to B handsome ...although Fleur Delacour was very cute

I didn't manage to see this because I didn't have time to see it in theater. I managed to catch a glimpse of this at my friend's house (he bought the DVD) and it wasn't that good. Daniel Radcliff and Emma Watson changed greatly. I remember them from SS and they look like they grew a lot.

GOF was really fastpaced and I think they left out too much parts. And I don't the Dumbledore from the book would have done that to Harry (when they were in that room after Harry's name blew out of the Goblet). He was too aggressive and he looked like he was going to kill Harry. I prefer the old Dumbledore from SS and COS, but too bad he died.

OMG
    everyone in ma skool luvs harry potter

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I didn't manage to see this because I didn't have time to see it in theater. I managed to catch a glimpse of this at my friend's house (he bought the DVD) and it wasn't that good. Daniel Radcliff and Emma Watson changed greatly. I remember them from SS and they look like they grew a lot.

GOF was really fastpaced and I think they left out too much parts. And I don't the Dumbledore from the book would have done that to Harry (when they were in that room after Harry's name blew out of the Goblet). He was too aggressive and he looked like he was going to kill Harry. I prefer the old Dumbledore from SS and COS, but too bad he died.
    Of course they changed! Lol, everyone grows.
    Yeah, I agree about Angrydore.

This movie wasn't as good as the previous ones . My favorites were The hamber of Secrets . It was so mysterious ... .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    This movie wasn't as good as the previous ones . My favorites were The hamber of Secrets . It was so mysterious ... .
    I actually disliked all of the movies since the 1st one. The Chamber Of Secrets was pretty dull and I didn't enjoy it as much as the 1st movie. The 3rd movie...it was okay but they skipped too much parts and I just didn't enjoy it as much.

As for the 4th movie...