Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr and Mrs Smith

Default Mr and Mrs Smith

neone else seen this controversial movie? they say that it was the reason for brad and jen's split... and after watching this movie, i kno why he chose ang over jen!! lol
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

an excellent and entertaining action movie....love it when they're trying to kill each other and keep calling honey and baby all the time....
    love it when jane was acting tough and all but cried when she thought john was really dead....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    neone else seen this controversial movie? they say that it was the reason for brad and jen's split... and after watching this movie, i kno why he chose ang over jen!! lol
    is this thread going to be about "mr. and mrs. smith" or brad, jen, and angelina?

i don't plan to see the movie because the reviews for the movies are horrible. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sfgate.com/templates/types/entertainment/graphics/littleman/2.0.gif')

"Mr. & Mrs. Smith" is an awful movie with two very good-looking people in it. The charms of its stars are unmistakable -- what with all the close-ups and smirking -- but in the end, they provide no distraction. The tiny smidgen of cleverness on display here is contained entirely in the premise. The follow-through is nonexistent. The film is glossy, but awful. Frenetic, but awful. Expensive, but awful. ... And awful.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...&sn=003&sc=814
    Last edited by jay_z; 06-23-05 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_z
    i don't plan to see the movie because the reviews for the movies are horrible.
    Never believe in reviews until you've watched it yourself... you never know whats your taste like.. unless you think the reviewer's thinking would be same as yours..

Gosh... I really wanna watch this show.. But I can't go to the cinema ;_; Banned..

I make my own decisions to see a movie, not having film critics to do it for me.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

the critics sucks!

omg this movie was good but it was realy funny cuz brad nd angelina wold beat the shiet out of each other nd then they would make out like crazy

I would only suggest people to see it for pure entertainment alone. Logically, it makes no sense whatsoever, but it's just eye candy (for girls ~ Brad Pitt and guys ~ Angelina Jolie) and fun to watch. However, it was one of those movies where you feel like there's nothing meaningful you can actually get out of it as you walk out of the theater. At least I didn't feel like I wasted 7 bucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    the critics sucks!
    Why? For having their opinions?

Gee, maybe I suck too for having my own opinions.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

critics only express what they have in mind.....its up to you whether to let their opinion influence your judgment or not.......i never let people tell me this or that movie is good or bad, the same with other things....you make your own choices......that's why God gave us the brains, i suppose.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I'm gonna watch this tomorrow, regardless the fact of being banned.. Heheh..

i watched this movie a couple of weeks ago despite it came with horrible reviews but it's still very entertaining.For those of you who haven't watch this movie,2 reasons to got to see it..Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie but don't expect too much (everyone knows this is no Oscar contender)
    I'm a bit dissapointed with the ending though...an abrupt ending to which they could have done better

I think the movie sucks, it just goes on and on and on. Seem so very long. None of it is really funny or clever, the action wasn't special. Its just a average action movie. i wasted nine bucks.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    critics only express what they have in mind.....its up to you whether to let their opinion influence your judgment or not.......i never let people tell me this or that movie is good or bad, the same with other things....you make your own choices......that's why God gave us the brains, i suppose.....
    I never do...

The movie was great. Made me laugh and the action was good.
    I'm waiting for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    I never do...
    I noticed.
    Swifty, Writing

Heh.. watched it.. Pretty good.. I enjoyed the scene when they tried to kill each other(especially Angelina).. It was hilarious..

i enjoyed it. not a classic or anything but fun to watch nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    okay, usually i don't give a flying fig about celeb gossip but in this case, even osama hiding in a cave somewhere in no man's land knows about the pitt/jolie thing. and after having watched this movie, i thought i comment on it.

its been said that offscreen chemistry usually would not translate to onscreen chemistry and real life couple would not have sizzled liked they did in mr and mrs smith. but don't know if thats true in this case.

i gotta admit though, jolie is way off the scale in the hotness
    department. heck, even my gf who watched the movie with me thought so. i mean dang it, how often do girls go thinking, u know, that maybe pitt is the one half of the onscreen couple who just isn't hot enough for the other half?

not often i reckon.

I liked the movie; it was rather funny and witty at times, and I've always like watching movies with guns and explosions and all that. It's not a movie you go to for its intelligence level, but as a sit back and just rot your brain event, it's good.

I didn't like the end though; I think they should've ended it earlier.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]