Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else feels that Tom Cruise has been a little scary lately?

Default Who else feels that Tom Cruise has been a little scary lately?

I dunno if it's just me, but the actions (plus giddiness) of Tom Cruise lately is kinda scary. I mean, it's not enough the whole Katie Holmes-"publicity" stunt sphiel, but this morning, he lashed out at Matt Lauer on the Today Show (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html).
    So is it Scientology or just plain mid-life crisis?

Frankly, I'm sick of seeing and hearing about/from Tom Cruise just about everywhere these days. Someone please shut his pie hole.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I agree with Lady Zhuge. Everyday on the gossip program Extra and Access Hollywood, they talk about Tom Cruise.... first with Penelope and now with Kathie Holmes. Give me a break!!!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

It wasn't so bad with Penelope Cruz.

How can someone just go through a 180 degree change within a short time period?

I used to favour him (though not a full-fledged fan) but now I can't say the same. What happened to the old him?

And yes. There's too much about him nowadays. News about him just keep popping out of nowhere.
    Last edited by velvet_ice; 06-25-05 at 12:32 AM.
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Quote Originally Posted by cmu_wasabi
    I dunno if it's just me, but the actions (plus giddiness) of Tom Cruise lately is kinda scary. I mean, it's not enough the whole Katie Holmes-"publicity" stunt sphiel, but this morning, he lashed out at Matt Lauer on the Today Show (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html).
    So is it Scientology or just plain mid-life crisis?
    He lashed at Peter Overton as well from Australia's 60 minutes, and made him got through a 4-hour lecture of Scientology at their headquaters as a pre-requisite for interviewing him. I mean the questions the interviewer asked was not over the line, but Tom react very emotionally and seemed exageratted and arrogant. You can like your own religion, but you can't lash out at everyone who has doubts about it.

I think Tom is acting like the King of the World now, and seriously, it annoys me. I never liked him before, never liked him when he was with Nicole, never liked him when he cheated with Penelope, and i don't like him now even more.

But it was interesting to find that Tom is dyslexic and has low-self-esteem, but I think he is way too over-confident now.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Someone please clap Tom Cruise in an asylum. So tired of this person's stupid antics.
    玉木宏

blog

I used to like Tom Cruise alot back in the Mission Impossible 1 days...

It is tiring to see him everywhere up to his silly antics and gushing about how in love he is with Katie Holmes. And I thought it was pretty funny the way the reporter squirted him with water... just when he thought the whole world worships him...

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

tom cruise is funny
    makes tv/celebrities less boring

I like Ben Stiller's impression of Tom Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    cuz both are shorty?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

never liked him.....love nicole though...but anyways, isnt it interesting that many actors/actresses are dyslexic?? i read from somewhere.....quite a number of them, really, rather popular ones too.....hmmm....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    ah...good old snl's celebrity jeopardy...yah!

LolZ! I was just reading this article about him and katie this morning... I think it's a weird case of PUPPY LOVE! I mean he's already like 40 and he still gets into those PUPPLY LOVE or LOVESICK PUPPY state...I think that what he loves in Katie is her youth....Tom's getting old already and Katie is a breathe of fresh air maybe he sees her youthfulness as a way of getting younger again...LOLZ! I've never been glad he divorced Nicole Kidman coz she could do bette
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

How tall is he anyway?

anyway, not a fan of his.

Think he's crazy with this Katie Holmes nonsense? wondered if its truly just a publicity stunt, I think it is.

Agreed... have quite enough of his news.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    How tall is he anyway?

anyway, not a fan of his.

Think he's crazy with this Katie Holmes nonsense? wondered if its truly just a publicity stunt, I think it is.

Agreed... have quite enough of his news.
    Truth of the matter is Tom Cruise cant date anyone else besides celebrities. He is trapped in his life of money and cameras. What chance does he have at dating a regular girl anymore? All the women he meets are other celebrities that are usually met through "his people".
    Maybe he doesnt even know this is a publicity stunt.
    I bet he is miserable inside and this scientology crap is a way for him to be free but it just makes him look retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    How tall is he anyway?

He is between 5'8" to 5'9". Nicole is 5' 10" and I believe Kathie is the same too.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I think Tom Cruise is suffering from mid-life crisis.His youth is slipping and his recent antics with Katie were just some publicity stunts for his new movie.As a fan,i want the old Tom back.The one who didn't pop up into the news everyday and kept his personal life private.I'm kinda sick with his frequent preaching of Scientology to the world.I'm sure Scientology helps him a lot but enough is enough!

I didnt see the interview but i read in the paper that Cruise snapped at Matt Lauer on the Today show.
    He once again blasted pharmaceuticals and how he had all the answers.
    Funny thing about scientologist is that they claim they got the answers but never tell you unless you pay them.

Religious people are scary generally. It's no doubt in my mind that TC has lost it. I can only surmise that maybe through the 'miracle of scientology' he met his new 'incredible' woman and successfully converted her into scientology, his belief deepened and his confidence was boosted 10 folds.

As for the relationship, I suspected that it was intended to be a publicity stunt by TC but he fell into his own trap and now he's in lala land. That's my conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo
    I didnt see the interview but i read in the paper that Cruise snapped at Matt Lauer on the Today show.
    He once again blasted pharmaceuticals and how he had all the answers.
    Funny thing about scientologist is that they claim they got the answers but never tell you unless you pay them.
    I think CNN has a clip of that interview up in their free video section, no doubt it's probably pretty popular