Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey

hey u know wat, we should all get a team canada jersey, and trizz can come over to van in 2010, and we'll all goto a canada vs team-bad-guys game!! i would love to watch a game w/ u guys, let see if u guys can cheer as loud as me

Yea you know what? you should get us all a team canada jersey anyway Im a girl and I have higher voice so overpowering yours shouldn't be a problem fo me I still remember my friend and his dad treated me to a Canucks vs. Predator game on Dec 28th '05 and everytime the Canucks score a goal both losers would run out of their seats, to that little wall platform between each section and dance like two little fools to the goal song hah gotta love em ..

They actually tried dragging me but it was my first live Canucks game.. Im so new and full of wonder of the atmosphere so I was too shy and just laughed at them with another friend in our seats goddamnit I lost my entrance ticket at the seating which I wanted to keep as a souvenir of my first live game so my friend gave me his and I am so lame I white-out his seating number and changed it to mine.. but it still doesnt help that void in my heart at all

Ooh I'd defiinitely be interested in going with you guys in 2010 : D I'm probably the youngest lol.. hmm I wonder how old trizz is ? :P maybe he will fall in love with Van and cant wait to get the heck out of Edmonton

anyway .. superkarate - yea I definitely havent watched any Lindros back in the early 90's but I do know he was a dominant player. Unfortunately for him he always finds his dates with head concussions and it definitely ruined his play. But from what I heard he has attitude problems and that he demanded out of Quebec when he was drafted 1st overall by the Nordiques in '91 thus resulting in one of the biggest blockbuster trades in NHL history. The Nordiques totally won that trade later as Forsberg came up as the real gem, even capturing the Calder and led his team in the future who became the present day Divealanches - to multiple Stanley Cups.

For some reason - although I just became a Canucks and hockey fan in '04 (can you believe it?) I became a much more crazed NHL hockey and Canucks fan and knew a heck lot more than I would've ever expected. I still remember how I used to diss hockey when my brother would be obssessed hogging the TV in '02 for Canucks games and especially the playoffs.
    Right now Im like even crazier and know much more than he does nowadays haha that I could name lots of players and past NHL hockey facts that he doesnt know about, educating him with new stuff.

ooh how things change... I couldn't stop laughing when my friend told me Im the craziest hockey fangirl he's ever known. Sometimes I hate this but my passion for it is too great but what's ironic is I've never played nor shot with a hockey stick before although I've held one .... once.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

DEAL i should be on my last year of uni, haha no prob. yes i'm going into uni this year i'm a freshman, hope i dont' get froshed.

Yeah we should all be in vancouver, haha that'll be quite weird won't it be? everyone who talks on this little thread on a tv forum all together out of nowhere at an olympic ice rink watching the home team kick the other team's butt. won't that be something?

I think crosby will be bigger than lemieux, if malkin was a winger we may have that shadow of jagr and lemieux combo, now that'll be great.

wow you just became a fan in 2004, the first time i watched hockey was i think the year montreal won 93, i remember a scene with roy in front of the net and a nice glove save and then WHAM i fell in love with hockey, and plus all my friends were like hockey fans it was like the coolest thing ever, and i think our playoff run really got a lot more people into hockey, theres something about hockey that interest me, even though i'm asian and generically speaking i'm suppose to be interested in soccer, well i'm not, i'm into the real action all and that's all form HOCKEY you need all kinds of skill and special attributes to play this game. it sorta reminds me of those chinese tv shows tha take place in ancient china, where the wuxia ppl would need years of trainign and determination to be the best.

HOCKEY RULES
    Last edited by trizz251; 09-05-06 at 09:57 PM.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

the_one- u should get an ovy jersey w/ me, we mite get a buy-1-get-1-free deal somewhere lol. ovechkin is so awesome tho, have u seen any of his interviews? i kinda wish i got an ovy jersey instead of the crosby one, but i love the pens jersey tho, and crosby i know will be the better player in the future. so its all good.

kiss7- plz kiss, u cant scream louder or higher pitch then me, u shoulda seen me on a rollercoaster at playland, ppl thot i was a chik from my girly scream lol. jkjk.
    but yea, if u goto more games, and sit at the drinkin section, u'll realize dat your friend and his dad isnt dat weird. i saw this one fat guy, after every goal, took off his shirt and start slapping his belly and did some weird dance! got the whole section nuts! dat is y going to the game is much better then watch at home, i just love the atmosphere. oh btw, if u wanna goto canucks games this yr, single game tix goes on sale on the 16th. it sold out in less then 2 hrs last yr, so u mite wanna wake up early (and steal your dad's credit card, lol). im plannin on gettin tix to the washington game, i hope i get it.
    i cant believe u used to diss hockey!! but at least u've ditch the dark side and join the winner circle hehe. ur not the biggest fangirl if u dont play hockey. plus, one of my friend was so in love w/ ruutu dat she actually jumped him on the street, now thats a fangirl

trizz- ur wrong, theres TONS of asian playin hky here in BC. in the summer, we have a roller league in richmond, probolly about 300 players, and at least 70% asian. chinese, korean, japanese, and all the rest. hky is huge among the asian community here in van. if u play hky at all u should come over to BC cuz we have lots of league (roller or ice) for all skill lvl.

oh yea malkin finally signed!! this is awesome, the russian league is gonna be pissed! they shoulda just take the money pitt offer them, now they get nothing. just hope they dont hire mafia to hurt anybody.
    anyways, let the race for 2nd place in calder trophy begin!!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

considering edmonton is so small i don't see many asians playing hockey here, haha. all the oilers tickets are all sold out already, nothing left, i think the preseason ones are almost all gone too. i wonder if this is what happens when your team makes it to the finals especially a canadian team.

really? so u dont play hockey either trizz?
    the oilers should save some tix for single game sale, dat way fans dat r not season tix holder will also have a chance to goto games too.

well i play, but i'm just saying not too many ppl play, well i play recreational, i'm not pro and all that, haha i can skate, hold a stick, shoot, puckhandle, that's about all, haha

haha coolies, wat position do u play?

winger, haha well i'm a lefty when holding a stick so i'm on the right side more often, but sometimes i play d, during the really really bad times, haha, like when we're losing, cause i got that dman thought in my head a lot, but i suck at skating backwards, haha so more often than not i'm up front, haha i'm decent enough, haha, i dont shoot a lot, i just pass, so a playmaker? not the best but i'm ok, haha

wow, dat sounds exactly like me except i dont play D ever. i dont shoot very well so dats y im a playmaker. i think im like morrison, speedy 2 way playmaker. i wanna be forsberg tho....

i'm not taht speedy, haha decent, haha, the word is decent, i'm not the best yet not the worse, haha we should be on the same line we just need a shooter how bous kiss, haha

well u cant always rely on others to shoot tho, sooner or later u'll have to learn. im actually workin on my slap shot these days, and its going pretty good. its all bout the technique, u dont need to b super strong to have a good slap shot apparently.

yeah i guess, haha, slap shots aren't the thing for me, it's easier for me to do a wrist shots, when i do a slap shot i dont' even know where it ends up, haha, i can't aim, but for wrist shot i can put it almost anywhere i want, well most of the time, theres the odd days

wrist shot are more useful in a game situation, but u cant score from long distance w/ dat. slap shots arent used often, but it gives u another option, instead of having to dish it off all the time.

yeah i guess, that's why i'm not playing recreational hockey only, haha, hey rookie camp started for us, how bout you guys?

Rick DiPietro signs a crazy 15 year deal for $67.5 million with the Islanders. I guess he never wants to win a cup. DiPetro is probably the most overrated number 1 pick ever alongside Alexander Daigle.

it's true he's overrated, well he said he wants to play with the isle for the rest of his career he got his wish, haha. ok so if DiPietro gets trade that's like 15 year contract coming to your team too, who's gonna take that?

dats an avg of about $4.75M per? well it looks bad now, but if RD can reach his potential, he'll be a bargain for the next 10 yrs (specially seeing how guys like theodore, nabakov, khabibulin, etc are all making more). still a pretty huge risk to take, if ricky bombs they r stuck w/ the most expensive backup in the league. 15 yrs...diprietro will be 40 yrs old when his contract is done.

stupid bob clarke, signing kesler to an insane $1.9M offer sheet. now we have to either match it (and overpay kesler while being screwed cap-wise) or lose him for a 2nd rounder. i like kesler, but no way is he worth dat much. and if hes getting $1.9M now, wats it gonna cost to keep him the yr after? and if nonis give in, then all the upcoming rookies r gonna see this and hold out, cuz they know nonis will cave. i say we bite the bullet and let kess go, we got choiunard to replace him, and the $ free up can also help acquire a replacement for him.

btw, a bunch of players got signed in case u guys didnt know. linden, gagne, lupul among the bigger names.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    btw, a bunch of players got signed in case u guys didnt know. linden, gagne, lupul among the bigger names.

I know. But those signings aren't as odd as this one. Who in their right mind would offer anybody such a long contract.

He's a pretty decent goalie stuck on a very bad team. I guess he doesn't mind losing year after year before deciding on signing this.

I was hoping Gagne didn't sign with the Flyers and make Bob Clarke look like a total idiot again.
    Last edited by The_One; 09-12-06 at 09:42 PM.

b0ooooo Kes is gone but NO FREKAN WAY that kid earns that amount. damnit oh wells hopefully that 2nd rounder would turn out as one heck of a steal when time comes