Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    playmakers. hmmm who do we have, horcoff, and hemsky

horcoff is currently on the same line as hemsky and sykora. nothing lupul can do, but playing on that stoll and torres line seems to work a little. I dont know what Lowe is up to, he's been quiet all season i think something is up
    i dont really consider horcoff a playmaker, and i also dont consider him a great player. wat lupul need is a great playmaking center, and i think the oilers are gonna need to make a trade for dat cuz they dont have it in their system, unless they wanna let lupul's talent goto waste.

this is y i dont goto canucks.com, too many posters dat arent knowledgable. how is wayne gretzky, the greatest player EVER, overrated? it doesnt make any sense.
    and i dunno how hes overrated as a coach either, cuz nobody ever said hes a good coach. (btw douggilmour, this is wayne's 2nd yr as coach actually, he coached the coyote last yr too)
    dat guy who made the post deserved to be flamed, wat a tool. if u guys want good quality hockey discussions, i suggest www.hfboards.com. there is still the odd idiot there, but overall the posters there r quite logical and knowledgable.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    overated coach? c'mon, it's his first season and he's a rookie coach. How many coaches do you know that starts winning right when they first start coaching?
    Generally hall of fame players like Gretzky don't make good coaches at all period. Thats why you don't see many of them out there. The coaches you see now in the league is mostly consisted of third and fourth liners back in the day when they played in the NHL. Just because you can play the game doesn't mean you can coach it.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    this is y i dont goto canucks.com, too many posters dat arent knowledgable. how is wayne gretzky, the greatest player EVER, overrated? it doesnt make any sense.
    and i dunno how hes overrated as a coach either, cuz nobody ever said hes a good coach. (btw douggilmour, this is wayne's 2nd yr as coach actually, he coached the coyote last yr too)
    dat guy who made the post deserved to be flamed, wat a tool. if u guys want good quality hockey discussions, i suggest www.hfboards.com. there is still the odd idiot there, but overall the posters there r quite logical and knowledgable.

are we knowledgeable and logical?

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    Generally hall of fame players like Gretzky don't make good coaches at all period. Thats why you don't see many of them out there. The coaches you see now in the league is mostly consisted of third and fourth liners back in the day when they played in the NHL. Just because you can play the game doesn't mean you can coach it.
    gonna have to agree with you on this one. Some haven't even played in the nhl to begin with. I think it's different coaching and playing. When you're playing you only think about what you're suppose to do on the ice and thats it. Coaches have to develop a way for the whole team to fit together and get everything all balanced out, now that is hard

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey
    Yeah, I'm more of a lurker at canucks.com forum. Too many idiots and personal insults. Average age is probably 13. Yeah HFBoards is good. Real hockey fans that know their stuff.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

the_one- i agree wif u too, even gretzky admit dat it was hard for him to coach becuz his players arent as skill and talented as he was. he just assume that they can make those saucer passes or find the open guy in the slot like he could, when in fact not many can do it. for suckier players, they have to really understand the system and learn every single detail just to stay in the league, which makes them great teachers for your average skilled players. dats probably y average players make better coaches. altho randy carlyle is doing pretty good in anahiem...

trizz- of course u guys r knowledgeable and logical, otherwise i wouldnt be posting here

almo- do u post at hf? u should try the vbookie function, its alot of fun.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

i should try out hf too, it seems way more organized than the average team message board which gets bomb by bandwagoners and trolls.

i think gretz should step down as coach, or he can actually dumb down a bit and maybe it'll be better. i also think MacT salvage his job back when he was gonna be fired this time last year. sooner or later he's gonna get sacked i can feel it or craig simpson is gonna get sacked, our PP is killing us

you really should give hf a try, u'll love it.
    i dunno if gretzky should step down, cuz its not like a new coach will do much for dat line up anyways, plus i really hope wayne eventually turns it around. as for macT, i doubt he'll get canned so soon after the cup run. hes still the same coach dat led the team to game 7 of the final, so its not like he suddenly cant coach. give him time.

merry xmas everybody, have a very happy holiday

i dont know theres been reports that he's gonna get sacked, but then again a new contract maybe not. what i thought may happen is lowe pulling something off that may land a centreman or a puck moving dman. I think lowe is really making a run for it now since last year

MERRY XMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS
    Last edited by trizz251; 12-23-06 at 04:06 AM.

What is with the Canucks losing these 1 goal games. Stupid Luongo is hurting in my fantasy leagues.

OMG, did you guys hear about the proposed realignment of divisions. They're going for 2 conferences and 2 divisions in each conference. there will be an 8 team division and a 7 team division. Atlanta and Columbus will switch places. this is to fix up the messed schedule for western teams and the situation we have in the northwest division with 3-4 points separating division leader and division basement. here are the speculating divisions. *note* reason why columbus switch over is the speculation that pittsburgh is an "ohio-based" teams

-- Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Colorado and Phoenix would make up the eight-team division in the Western Conference. The seven-team division would feature Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota and Eastern Conference newcomer Atlanta;

-- The new divisions in the East: one would feature Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo, Boston, Pittsburgh and Western Conference alumni Columbus. The other division would include the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington, Tampa Bay, Florida and Carolina. The Caps rejoining their old Patrick Division rivals was a popular sentiment at Wednesday's meeting;
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...22_134556_5880

the problem wif dat is, some div have 7 teams, some div have 8. i hope no more expansion is coming. if anything i want contraction. make it a 24 teams league again.

that was also an option for them but which team do you think will get sacked. as far as i can see 6 teams, i think they're gonna take out all the canadian ones

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    that was also an option for them but which team do you think will get sacked. as far as i can see 6 teams, i think they're gonna take out all the canadian ones
    so many teams are in bad shape in the states, basically theres a handful of them dat can disappear and nobody cares. look the nj, won 3 cups in the last 10 yrs and arent even selling out till the 2nd round of the playoff. nashville finally have a good team and nobody watches. fla, wash, stl, chi, bos, and cbj are just a few other teams dat arent sellin out dat comes to mind. im sure theres others.
    in short, u can make this league into a 20 teams league if u want, and not many ppl will complain.

hmmm true true, but when ppl say 6 teams should be sacked to get 24, i immediately think of canadian teams. sry. but yeah it's true, i think they should get rid of all the teams in the southeast division for starters. that's 5 teams gone and columbus, nashville, new jersey, anahiem, LA. chicago should go too, but they were part of the original 6. that would make 10 teams out and leaving the nhl with only 20 teams. Looks good, but will bettman want this is another question

well there is no way bettman is gonna have a contraction under his era, cuz hes all about making money for the owners and contraction will do the opposite. realistically, contraction will not happen.
    ideally however, a 26 teams league is great, and 24 is perfect imo. we have too many teams to water down the talent lvl of each teams. if we have more talent per team, we'll have more scoring and less need to "open the game up" wif rules changes. i dont think its a coincident dat scoring decrease as the number of teams increase. the 80s had 21 teams (i think), and teams like oilers and pens are scoring 4 or 5 goals per game. then we add a few teams (ott, sj, tb) and scoring drops alittle. then we add 4 more teams (nash, atl, cbj, minny) and suddenly scoring is down to less then 3 goals per game. its obvious wat needed to be done to make the game better.

i think it was 20 teams back then. they had 70 games i think, and the oilers had like 100 point seasons, that speaks a lot if you're playing 70 game seasons. division champs were determined in the playoffs, which i think is the right way to do it. the first round is the division semi finals, with best of 3, the second round is best of 5 called the division finals, then the conference finals and stanley cup finals were both best of 7 series. I think that way you make the game much more interesting. less games, higher stakes, just like the olympics. From what i can see bettman doing he may end up extending the playoff series to 9 just to make money. He also seems to help out the americans a lot because well thats where all the dough is. If pittsburgh relocates north of the border, bettman will be the first one stopping that motion.

i really hope bettman isnt stupid enuff to extend the playoff to 9 games series. dat'll just about be enuff to justify firing him. he does alot to make the owners money, its about time to do something for the fans. i dont mind having less games, if it give the players more time to rest. i do feel bad for them sometime, playing 3 games in 4 nites in 3 diff cities. altho they are being paid millions...makin it like 75 games would be wonderful.

haha the nucks raped your oilers tonite, i wonder if kiss will come back and make fun of u trizz . we were dominating u guys for 50mins of the games, until we start takin penalties in the 3rd. good to see our offense finally kicking into motion, 12 goals the last 2 games is encouraging. i guess all the bad breaks r gone (knock on wood). nazzy still havent scored in 13 tho. anyways we r 1st in the div now. so im happy.

happy new yr

haha happy new year.

I dont know what's up with our team. they've never played a whole game b4 and the teams just does't seem to come together at all. it's outrageous. if they dont do it soon i think they have to bring in some new guys maybe some new coaches

wow, another lost to flames, the oilers r really fallin fast. dats wif smyth in the lineup too. i'd be worry about your d if im macT. i think they have a hard time gettin the puck out of their zone, which leads to turnover and goals against. not sure wat the coaching change will do, but lowe should do something soon if the team keep sliding like this.