Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

LUONGO!!!

I hate sounding like an unfaithful fan, but I'm going with the prediction Ducks in 5. That being said, I'll still be pouring my guts out for the Canucks. They're just too good... loaded in every aspect - especially defensively with the duo of Pronger and Niedermayer and then you've got Selanne and MacDonald. The Ducks is better than us in every category aside from goaltending but I'd hate to imagine what kind of things they'd be doing to break down the wall on our end, especially with their goon reputations. Luongo, once again, will be our only hope and biggest factor.

Hopefully the Canucks are able to improve their special teams esp. the Powerplay, I can't stress this enough. It helps you freakn win games and winners capitalize on everything, especially given chances. Not to mention the Ducks does run into discplinary troubles at times with their abusive physicalness, and that would be something the Canucks would have to capitalize on if they want to stand other chances against the Ducks aside from relying on our goaltending. Ugh Ducks are just too scary good .. but I hope the Canucks will surprise and prove everyone wrong.

So happy with last night's win. BC was drunken in crazed fantasy! Cars honking everywhere and streets were crowded with proud fans. Great series with Dallas - thank god for Zubov not playing - it definitely helped us big time as he had been the shut down for the Sedins. The Sedins weren't able to cycle because of him and without him they've got our strongest offensive threat generating again.

GO CANUCKS!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

WHOAAAA nice win by NUKS!!!!!!

OH my predictions for next round

(1) Wings vs. (5) Sharks
    Gotta be jose now, since they beat out the preds.

(2) Ducks vs. (3) Nuks
    If they can start scoring on the PP like they did on the last game and start putting some offensive pressure and avoid anahiem's crushing it, i think nuks are bound for the finals!

(1) Sabres vs (6) Rangers
    all odds against all team against sabres.

(2) Devils vs (4) Sens
    When sens realize its the playoffs its over for them, lets hope they still think they're playing in the regular season and beat out the devils. This one is kinda unlikely but for some reason i want the sens to win!

man i so bombed my organic chemistry exam. I'm assuming i'm the youngest here but if theres ppl who are younger than me, dont take organic chemistry be prepared to cry your eye balls out, its the dumbest thing i've ever learnt.

I've had so many dumb classes Ive stop counting (and going to class ). But worst is Intro to Business Statistics. This is like Stats for idiots class.

Sorry to say, but Ducks look like the team to beat this year, doesn't look good for Vancouver. Luongo must be really hot to pull this off.....or stop like 70 shots a game lol
    Last edited by douggilmour; 04-25-07 at 12:06 AM.

I'm going to Game 4 and possibly Game 6. Can't wait!
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Im sorry, being a Leafs fan, I hate Sens fan being happy!
    Seriously? I'm actually rooting for all of the Canadian teams in the playoffs, to bring the cup back to the country where hockey was born and lives. Is it just me, or have the Americans been winning the cup for a while now? I'm also rooting for the Sens since I really like Ottawa as far as cities go. Whatever happens, I'm just glad the Islanders are out.

I feel so bad going back to Toronto and seeing all the Leafs fans. Honestly, you're in the biggest city in the most hockey crazy nation in the world. The Hall of Fame is there. But the stupid management can't get any decent guys except for Sundin and maybe a couple other useful players. And their goalie sucks but they use him all the time.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

boy im a diehard canuck fan, but even i have a tough time picking the nucks over the ducks. they just have us dominated in so many different area, plus injuries r starting to catch up. if salo, bieksa miss significant time in this series, it may even be a sweep. as good as bobby lu is, he cant score goals. i'd still root for van, but im afraid this is one road block the team wont get over.

sparky, i heard ppl in toronto dont even care about hockey anymore (for now), they r all jumpin on the raptors bandwagon. its so said dat a hockey crazed city is starting to be indifferent about the playoff. btw, the last time a canadian team won the cup was the montreal canadiens in 93. its time to bring Stanley home

haha wat the heck is organic chem? i took regular chem and i thot it was interesting

My slightly more than irked brother sent this to me:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow. That's absolute GOLD I tell you - I love that picture I hate Flames.

Hey trizz I'm just wondering - during the Van vs. Dallas series who were most Oilers fans rooting for? I know you're all for the Canucks right now but I'm rather curious about your fellow Oiler fans.. a Canadian divisional rival which hatred is increasing between each other or the Dallas team which owned you guys several times in the playoffs?

San Jose vs. Detroit it's a toughie for me... I like San Jose as a distant favorite second and of course Joe Thornton but I like Wings because of Bertuzzi, Zetterberg and Datsyuk. But I find it harder to go for Wings since Yzerman left and their legacy as Hockeytown is pretty much gone.

Anyway - I'll stop be all Canucks but I seriously think Ducks in 5/6 .. Well I hope the Canucks prove all the doubters - including me- wrong and surprises everyone. I truely believe that IF we are able to get by the Ducks we are somewhat worthy for Stanley.

BTW - I heard that Canucks fans are actually buying roasted duck for dinner right now as a tradition. A couple of my friends and teacher are doing it and it sounds yummy and funny at the same time. Even some caucasians are trying that out and boy, do they love that stuff!
    My friend told me those Chinese BBQ stores have been complimenting on their lucrative business lately. Even some of those owners and extreme Chinese fobs are tuning in to the hype of the city, fans and customers of course - and jumping onto the bandwagon although I doubt some of them actually understands what hockey is about, but it's all cool.
    Haha I love all these new fun creative traditions and ways hockey fans have been coming up with and how a city's background difference, culture and passion have blended for such extreme bond at the same time because of the love for the sport. But we are a Canadian city after all and it breathes and lives hockey...

** WOO the Canucks win Game 2! Great win and clutch goal by Cowan. Here comes Game 3 and 4! HOPEFULLY the Canucks are able to pull off at least one win at home... we haven't beaten these guys at the Garage for ages and the Ducks are just too mighty good... we won but I'm still scared. GO CANUCKS GO though!
    Last edited by Kiss7; 04-28-07 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    ** WOO the Canucks win Game 2! Great win and clutch goal by Cowan. Here comes Game 3 and 4! HOPEFULLY the Canucks are able to pull off at least one win at home... we haven't beaten these guys at the Garage for ages and the Ducks are just too mighty good... we won but I'm still scared. GO CANUCKS GO though!
    Aren't you a Getzlaf fan? Btw, according to a lot of girls, Taylor Pyatt is the pretty one. You should be liking Taylor Pyatt than Miss. Getzlaf.

Oh yeah, woohoo we win and take home ice advantage. But..... Anaheim is a scary tough team. Their offense is much more capable than the Stars. However, their team defense can't compare to the Stars either.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Aren't you a Getzlaf fan? Btw, according to a lot of girls, Taylor Pyatt is the pretty one. You should be liking Taylor Pyatt than Miss. Getzlaf.

Oh yeah, woohoo we win and take home ice advantage. But..... Anaheim is a scary tough team. Their offense is much more capable than the Stars. However, their team defense can't compare to the Stars either.
    Oh hey BaiQ105 I haven't talked to you for awhile..

Yes I'm a Getzlaf fan. Is one and always will be. He's just so awesome he never ceases to amaze me. Getzlaf will be a future all-star. A future captain. A future HALL OF FAMER. And he will beat Gretzky's records and score 10,000 points in one season. He will become a Canuck and win 100 stanley cups with us. Even Chuck Norris bows down to kiss his feet.

Whew - that got so extreme I can't even go on about it

But yea erm to be serious, I still really like that guy a lot. Aside from his real good looks, he's got the skill/talent and potential to back up my reasons as his fan. He's going to be a great player one day. The thing is I noticed him already when he was in his junior days as a Calgary Hitmen - and then the 2005 WJC where he was so clutch and was a big part of why Canada won gold medal to break that 7 year junior drought. Getzlaf also has a really good hard shot for a young forward and the guy is just clutch - most of his goals are like PP, game winning goals and his team leading 7 points currently in the playoffs is just a proof.

However unlike many girls, I don't find Pyatt attractive by any chance. He does have pretty eyes though - I'll give you that ... but it looks like he applies eyeliners and his eyes or his "pretty" face somewhat looks girly. I cringe everytime my friends or people go on squealing about how pretty/cute he is. Well he's not ugly, and maybe the fact is he is good-looking - but in my opinion I don't find him attractive personally. I guess like the saying goes "beauty is at the eyes of the beholder".

Why are we even discussing this? lol

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

Kiss -- i was cheering for the nuks, lots of ppl cheered for the nuks and i think they will keep cheering for the nuks in the second round too. First round it was dallas, i think we hate them more than we hate toronto and that speaks a lot about the team. if you rank teams that oil fans hate, its calgary, then stars then the leafs. and now we're still cheering for the nuks because well pronger is in anahiem he left us.... and we're never cheering for him.

monkey -- organic chemistry is EVIL. its carbons and oxygens and nitrogens basically and reactios with organic compounds. the mechanism, arrow moving, steric strain, stereochemistry, and a list of disgusting catalyst and the stinkiest labs ever make that course the worse ever. its too bad i'm in a biology program so i have to take it. all the pre med ppl have to take it thats why its so hard and well its the course that weeds out half the science students. fortunately i did pretty well compared to class ave, but pretty bad if there wasn't class ave.

HEY is it just me or is CBC really being @$$3$, they're playing the toronto FC games, that's so pro toronto, how come they dont play any other sports thats not in toronto. toronto is not the center of the universe.

getzlaf and pyatt is not attractive..... leila tong is to monkey and to me... i haven't seen a lot of hot girls lately and school has taken such a toll i haven't watched tv for awhile too, this is so sad.

Nuks have a shot to win if Luongo continue to at the top of his game and their top line start scoring some freaken goals. The Sedins hasn't done much and either has Naslund. If those guys pick up the streak of scoring I don't know how good they we be.

Also Pronger... it seems 2 playoff in a road, he accidently hurt his teammate (last year clearing pass that hit Smyth in the mouth, this year high stick to Selanne).

News update: Wings just beat Sharks

O Sabres... don't write them off. I think they are still the team to beat. So much talents on that team.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    sparky, i heard ppl in toronto dont even care about hockey anymore (for now), they r all jumpin on the raptors bandwagon. its so said dat a hockey crazed city is starting to be indifferent about the playoff. btw, the last time a canadian team won the cup was the montreal canadiens in 93. its time to bring Stanley home
    Really? Well, I don't live there long-term anymore, so I wouldn't know. My current city sucks at hockey even more than the Leafs, so I still bleed blue, Toronto Maple Leafs forever.

I guess I'm supposed to hate the Habs and Sens since I'm a Leafs fan, but I wouldn't mind ANY Canadian team winning just to bring the Stanley home. I think I particularly want the Sens to win because I am a bit resentful towards the Devils for losing against the Islanders that last game So it's the Leafs' fault in the end, but they could've at least used Brodeur. I don't think the Canucks are going to have much luck against the Ducks. Yesterday an OT goal gave them a win, but I still think the Ducks have the advantage here.

Sens playing Devils tonight. I doubt they're going to score another 4-0 lead in the first period. Devils already scored the first goal. Looks like tonight might be their comeback. Nevertheless... GO SENS GO!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

that was such a great game, great goaltending, fast pace, goals hard to come by, but the chances are so great. but jersey won. even though i know that jersey probably have the upper hand with brodeur, for some reason i want the sens to win.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    that was such a great game, great goaltending, fast pace, goals hard to come by, but the chances are so great. but jersey won. even though i know that jersey probably have the upper hand with brodeur, for some reason i want the sens to win.

I think is a Canadian thing to cheer for Canadian team even though Brodeur is a Canadian
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

damn.. 3-2 Ducks

Canucks REALLY have some serious special teams to work on... especially that pathetic excuse of a powerplay and what happened to our #1 penalty-killing? Powerplay WINS you games .. of course that is if you know how to capitalize and take advantage of it, which the Canucks don't seem to understand. And as much as I hate to say it but I think everyone pretty much knows that if you want to stand a chance against the Ducks, one of the keys is the POWERPLAY. Special teams in general, since they are top 5 in both PP and PK.

That first goal was just blehh. Luongo totally misplayed the puck that led him paying for it.

Hopefully the Canucks are able to get back on a series tie with the Ducks on Tuesday. We'll need it or else we'll fall to a 3-1 deficit which will be almost impossible to catch up on for the boys. Please work on the special teams - especially the PP and continue to outwork, outplay the Ducks. Luongo has to stay strong as well. I'm going to say 4-2 Ducks on Tuesday. But hopefully the Canucks will prove me wrong in a good way.

I think the Ducks are the stronger team in that matchup, but the Canucks aren't too shabby. At least they made the playoffs. It's not that bad. It was a 3-2 game. Did any of you fans go see it?

On a brighter note, Sens beat Devils 2-0 tonight. Emery's looking good, the Sens have another game at home...if they can win that next home game then they're in good shape. I'm putting my faith with them...the Devils are a great team too though, and it's real close when they're both playing their best. Maybe my cheering is helping. GO SENS GO! BRING THE STANLEY HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I think the Ducks are the stronger team in that matchup, but the Canucks aren't too shabby. At least they made the playoffs. It's not that bad. It was a 3-2 game. Did any of you fans go see it?
    Are you kidding? The Ducks have no business leading this series. Other than game 1, the Nucks have dominated 5 on 5 play against the Ducks. It's their PP that almost killed them in game 2 whereas their PK bailed them out.

In game 3, the Ducks weren't even in the game till the 2nd period. We should've been up 3 or 4 nothing after 1 period had it not been for our forwards lack of finish and Luongo thinking he was Turco. Turco is masterful at handling the puck and Luongo isn't in the same league in this area as him. I think Turco had too much of an influence on Luongo. Also, our PP (or lack there of) and our PK killed us.

The Ducks on paper might be the better team, but overall, they sure haven't played like it. Btw, don't even use game 1 as a measuring stick cause the NHL screwed the Nucks on that. Not even 48 hours after an emotionally demanding game against the Stars, the Nucks had to go right back at it and had like 15 minutes of practice time in between with little rest.

The reason why the Ducks are leading this series is not because they are a better team (only on paper), but it's because they suck at their PPs.

On a brighter note, Sens beat Devils 2-0 tonight. Emery's looking good, the Sens have another game at home...if they can win that next home game then they're in good shape. I'm putting my faith with them...the Devils are a great team too though, and it's real close when they're both playing their best. Maybe my cheering is helping. GO SENS GO! BRING THE STANLEY HOME!
    Well, I pretty much hate all the other Canadian teams except for the Nucks and Sens. If the Nucks can't bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada, then I wish the Sens to do it. Although, I do wish the Nucks to do it first as they've been in the league a lot longer than the Sens.

However, I will never cheer for our division rivals in Calgary and Edmonton. I just hate the Leafs cause of all the CBC and TSN love and their fans. I used to really hate the Habs, but now I don't care much about them. They have enough Cups already so give other teams a chance. So, other then the Nucks, I would only want Ottawa as the only Canadian team to win the Cup.

Btw, you say your city sucks at hockey so let me guess which city it is? It can't be Vancouver and Ottawa since they're both still in the playoffs. I know it's not Toronto cause of your other post. I don't think it's Calgary since they did make the playoffs. It's gotta be Edmonton or Montreal, but Montreal came close to a playoff spot so you're in Edmonton? Unless, you didn't implied that the city was a NHL city. ...
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 05-01-07 at 12:39 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

the nucks mite've lost game 3, but its encouraging to know dat they can dominate this ducks team. if we actually have some finishes from our forwards (yeah im lookin at u bulis) we'd be taking a 2-1 series lead to game 4. our PP dont work cuz its too predictable. the league have figured out the twins, let them cycle in the corner and leave them there, let them set up on the half board and dont chase. the stars shut them down doing dat and now the ducks picked up on it. it also doesnt help dat our team have no confidence at all. its inexcusable to not be able to gain the zone on a 5-on-3. we just have to get the puck back to salo and let him rip it. and where the heck is the screen for giggy? daniel is not the guy to stand in front of the net alone, we need linden to stop picking his nose in the corner and come to the slot and tip shots (like he did in game 7 against dallas).

speakin of cheering for fellow canadian teams, i find it hard to cheer for the oilers and flames anymore. the last 2 seasons when those teams make the playoff, their fans r so cocky and abnoxious (not u trizz ) i lost lots of respect for them. it doesnt help dat they r our rivals and we play them 8 times a yr. i also hate the leafs w/ a passion. i loves the sens cuz they've always been playin good/entertainin hockey. and the habs r ok in my book cuz koivu is awesome! GO NUCKS/SENS GO!!

ps getzlaf still suck

I guess I should show support for my hometown team. GO SENS GO!!

I know the first goal in last night's game was questionable...Brodeur was interfered with quite clearly on the replay. But I also thought the goal that was disallowed earlier should have counted, but it was iffy also. Ottawa deserved to win either way because they outplayed the Devils imo.

I'm always cheering for any Canadian team to win (I'm actually a Habs fan, but keep that under your hat, hehe)
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant