• Mystery Of The Twin Sword 2006

17 60.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Ancients Series You Hope TVB Will ReNew In 2006

Banned

Default What Ancients Series You Hope TVB Will ReNew In 2006

What Ancients Series You Hope TVB Will ReNew In 2006

I never liked remake of old classic it just not the same coming from the same TV producer... I wish they make newer and more entertaining stuff. Like Twins of Brothers.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Jin Yong series would be fine
    I wouldn't mind others, as long as it has good acting, good cast, good story, not cutting too many scene etc

and btw.. none of the above.

i would like a remake of JUET DOI SHONG KIU... cos i have only seen the taiwanese version. the remake by Nic Tse n Dicky Cheung wasn't that impressing..

if they made one..i would like RAYMOND LAM 2 play FA MO KUET...others anybody would do..hahaha
    current favs :: RAYMOND LAM :: KSW :: RAIN :: JAE HEE :: SO JI SUB :: ERIC MUN ::

ray banner :: click ::

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://www.boomspeed.com/ripgal/rayban.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by rayluver
    i would like a remake of JUET DOI SHONG KIU... cos i have only seen the taiwanese version. the remake by Nic Tse n Dicky Cheung wasn't that impressing..
    I haven't watched Nic Tse's version.. ewwww.. Dicky's hairstyle sucks.. Looks like a pile of shit on top of his head.. heheh.. I'm ok with Nic as Hua Wu Que though.. he's good in acting cool.. he looks cool!

If there'll be a remake of Juet Doi Sheung Kiu, I'll like still like Nic Tse for HWQ. JSY.. hmmm.. someone that looks mischievious is good

Not in the list, but "Road to Eternity", and hope there is part II.

man4422

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    I haven't watched Nic Tse's version.. ewwww.. Dicky's hairstyle sucks.. Looks like a pile of shit on top of his head.. heheh.. I'm ok with Nic as Hua Wu Que though.. he's good in acting cool.. he looks cool!

If there'll be a remake of Juet Doi Sheung Kiu, I'll like still like Nic Tse for HWQ. JSY.. hmmm.. someone that looks mischievious is good
    actually they both acted quite well.. but the effects were too fake... n they inserted too much humour inside the drama..took away the focus of the drama..NIc was ok..too cool...his fan looked like plastic 2 me! haha
    current favs :: RAYMOND LAM :: KSW :: RAIN :: JAE HEE :: SO JI SUB :: ERIC MUN ::

ray banner :: click ::

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://www.boomspeed.com/ripgal/rayban.jpg'), '')

For me I would like to see the following remade (I wished):

Mystery of the Twin Swords
    and the ones not listed:
    Mythical Crane Magical Needle. If I'm not mistaken this series was made by ATV but it's still one of my favourite ancient series.
    Serpentine Romance

I'm not sure which casts would
    fits these roles though...
    Have you learned to love one another?

I don't remember what Kim Mo Tau Ku Kau Pai and Chut Toi Sheung Kiu is about, but the names do sound familliar.

But if TVB are going to do a remake of Hap Hak Hang I want them to cast either Raymond Lam or Sammual Chan. Raymond seem like a likely choice between the two, but I think that Sammual should get more lead role. He becoming the next Deric Wan, where they have that guy next door look, but always the villian. For the girls I remember there being some many, I guess just a mixture of well known and newbies.

As for Mystery of the Twin Sword I would cast Bosco Wong as the older twin and Ron Ng as the younger. For the girl I remeber the older twin getting a girl, I'm not sure if the younger got a girl too. They could experiment with pairing up new couple Bosco/Nancy Wu and Ron/Li Qian

I want TVB to remake Hap Hak Hang, but this time follow the novel more closely and give more screentime to Sek Po Tin (who is the actual main character in the novel).
    Last edited by kidd; 08-18-05 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I never liked remake of old classic it just not the same coming from the same TV producer... I wish they make newer and more entertaining stuff. Like Twins of Brothers.
    I'm just wondering, how can they even do a remake of TOB?? The ending delt with everything, leave no space for a sequel. I guess it' could be possible if they talk about Ron's students but that's just a totally different cast and story then.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by linghuchong
    I'm just wondering, how can they even do a remake of TOB?? The ending delt with everything, leave no space for a sequel. I guess it' could be possible if they talk about Ron's students but that's just a totally different cast and story then.
    Remake and sequal are different. Remake is redoing the whole story again, i.e. start with Ron and Ray without kungfu then meeting beautiful mother etc. Sequal is doing a continuation of the story. i.e. showing what happen to Ron after TOB ends. What u r talking about is not making a remake but making a sequal.

I think any remake of the 80s with Tony Leung and Felix Wong in their serie would be very bad since it won't be any better.

Whatever role that Tony was in, they are all memorable. Felix too.

I would love to see a remake of this low budget wuxia series in the 80s call:
    "The Blood Stained Intrigue". It starts Jimmy Au, and the overall casting was not very impressive, but the storyline is very well thought up and its very interesting. I own it in VHS and I love this series. I hope TVB can remake this.

none, they would just butcher it. the new can never compare to the old. am the only that feels jin yong's series have been recycled one too many times. they should have stopped at the 2nd remake and now there' s this pattern of remaking hk films into china & taiwan series. how many versions can one take.

Thumbs up I voted for "Mystery Of The Twin Sword 2006"

i would really like TVB to re-make that one ancient serie with dicky cheung & roger kwok as twins. Where one of them was dicky was moon and roger was sun. there was also rain lau in it. she was the bird demon, who was supposed to be with dicky's character. just too bad she had to died.

Quote Originally Posted by beviet
    I think any remake of the 80s with Tony Leung and Felix Wong in their serie would be very bad since it won't be any better.

Whatever role that Tony was in, they are all memorable. Felix too.
    Hap Hak Hang was Tony Leung, but it could really do with a remake. The story was butchered, and was more of a serial cashing in on Tony's talent. They really should consider remaking that one, as well as Linked Cities. That serial starring Roger Kwok was also changed too much for my liking, and was downright miserable to watch (but at least that's consistent with the story).

Blood Stained Intrigue was a serial used to promote TVB's seven new stars (of which only three officially made the grade (Jimmy Au, Sylvia Ng and Choi Kar Lei) and of which one (Sylvia) sadly moved to ATV shortly), hence some of the main characters were not done as well as they should have been. It was a roaring star-studded supporting cast, though, and I think it still stands up fairly well to time (apart from that cute dinosaur).

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Jin Yong series would be fine
    I wouldn't mind others, as long as it has good acting, good cast, good story, not cutting too many scene etc

and btw.. none of the above.
    wut he says

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    wut he says
    I'm a "she".

Thank you

I want TVB to remake the Yang Saga. Although the 85 version was a classic, it was too short and had too many famous faces that it took away from the story.

Another story that I want to see remade is the 6 finger lyricist. I know that there is an old version with Laurence Ng, Yammie Lam, and Sharen Tang.. but it deserves another chance.