Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Ma

tnx for the link!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hey there everyone!!!!! Missed everyone!!!!!! Oh, really gotta keep up with the steven thread. Anyways just wnated to let you guys know that I finally saw Steven in Healing Hands 1 and he is really good!!! Cute, but isn't too much compatiable with Helen, but it works out since she is supposed to be older than him and all. Hehehe, it would have been nice to see him with Ada though
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

but he did portray his role quite well. he really 'looks' younger than ada. there's a time when i didn't like him there. that part when he became cold to the doctor who's been a mistress before. he's planning to court her at first right? im kinda turn off w/ him in that part. but of course, i watched healing hands first before i became a fan of his
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Steven's News on February 12, 2004

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20040213-ul-21.jpg')

Having shown a great interest in Chinese History, Steven Ma was invited by RTHK's Educational Programme Unit to appear in a series profiling Chinese historical figures. This show is aimed at primary school students and covers the lives of four characters from China's history books, including Xiang Yu, Emperor Tang Taizhong, Lin Zexu and Lu Xun. Steven will be playing the part of Lu Xun.

Taking part in Educational TV for the first time, Steven was very excited and said: "Lu Xun is a great patriotic literary hero in recent history and to be able to play him makes me very happy. Also as this is an educational show, there is a great meaning to it all that cannot be weighed up with money." The series will be aired from April.

Reports indicate that the ETV team asked Steven to play the part because they felt that his appearance and manner was very resemblant of Lu and when the photographs of his character were released, it caused some gasps from the educational inspectorate. Steven laughs: "At the new year, I had a flat top haircut and originally it was for convenience, but I never thought that this would cause the inspectors to think that I looked like Lu Xun, even without the make-up."

Steven will be playing Lu in his youth during his time studying in Japan and for realism, the director built a classroom set in a Japanese Shinto temple and borrowed an antique 8mm projector for the setting. The titles will show an older image of Lu and Steven will have to add a moustache. When he tried on the make up, everyone immediately called out how good it looked so this then became the image they used. With his recent interest in Chinese history, Steven admits that he has gained so much from this show, because he has been able to live the patriotism and spirit of Lu Xun and this has inspired him to learn more in his spare time.

Translated be Em @ http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

I don't know about you guys, but Steven looks really old in that pic. It's kinda funny too.Lol!
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail".

o gosh! when i saw his photo, i immediately giggled. the first person that comes to my mind was lu xun! and well...seems like his tsao xing is a success maybe it's the way he stands...really similar to lu xun's poses
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    o gosh! when i saw his photo, i immediately giggled. the first person that comes to my mind was lu xun! and well...seems like his tsao xing is a success maybe it's the way he stands...really similar to lu xun's poses
    Anyway, acan anyone tell me who is Lu Xun?

lu xun was a writer during ww2. he wrote the short story 'a little incident' one of the greatest writers in china
    cherrie

lu xun was a writer during ww2. he wrote the short story 'a little incident' one of the greatest writers in china
    Oh, I know who is he now, his Viet name is Lo Tan, I learn some about him before

have you seen how he looked like?
    cherrie

have you seen how he looked like?
    I saw his picture before, actually this Steven's pix look like him pretty much

i think it's steven's eyes and hair that made him look like lu xun
    cherrie

Default Dark Shadow

I watched Steven's new telemovie with Shirley Yeugn, that'a very good, I captured a clip of them from that series
    http://www.kimtulong.net/Misc./Darkshadow.wmv
    http://www.kimtulong.net/Misc./DarkShadow1.wmv
    Enjoy!
    And you can com here to download the whole telemovie to watch
    http://phimviet.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=27091
    Last edited by ste-ke; 02-22-04 at 04:57 PM.

tnx for the link i'll try to d/l it now
    cherrie

Thanks for still updating us with the news Cece!!! Gosh, Steven does look really old in there. Lol, first thing I noticed was that mustach... hehehe.

Agree Cherrie. I really was annoyed as to how Steven could have treated that other doctor in training just because of her past. But liked him more afterwards when he becames friends with her again. One thing I wished the series might have talked more on would be Steven's past. I was really touched at the part where he dressed up as Santa Claus to fullfil that one wish for that little boy. And that part where he reunited these two brothers since the younger one was sorta rebelish....Oh, can't forget the scene where he went into the bank and rescued those people too!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i think there's a story behind him. i guessed it was that he was also once a young hoodlum and that his real elder brother was killed in one gang battle. that's why he had so many mixed feelings when he helped the brothers reunite
    cherrie

Originally posted by Cece
    I don't know about you guys, but Steven looks really old in that pic. It's kinda funny too.Lol!
    i know, lol

steven has a new series right?
    cherrie

i've watched the clips! they are great! unfortunately, it's too short i can't download the whole telemovie...dunno why. probably they run out of seeds...do you know any sites where i can dl?
    cherrie

Hey! I've just watched Steven's new telemovie, Dark Shadow! He's great in there! Love the story, love the casts I like how Steven plays his characters. He portrayed his roles really well!