Thread: old time buddy 2?

Default old time buddy 2?

hey i heard from my friend there is a part 2 to the original old time buddy, is dat true? if it is, can any1 give me some info?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Yeah.. except its not on acting now, but Gallen is a police to catch Black Rose(Cheung Ho Yi), and Ng Chan Yu is replaced by Lam Ka Tung.. although I thought NCY was better.. Overall this series is good too..

It is true. The sequel to this series, Old Time Buddy, is actually titled, To Catch a Thief. I think it was released in 1998.

Smile

I only rmb watching part one on tv and also the old time buddy movie version starring all stars except Maggie's role is starred by Shu Qi. Overall the movie and series are enjoyable, but then since u guys said part two got no more Francis Ng, i not watching oreadi. Coz Lam Ka Dong is not suitable to play as Mr. Tse.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

is part 2 good? i enjoyed watching part 1 but i don't know if part 2's that good
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I think both the series are quite comparable. Both are as equally as entertaining and hilarious. Even though Francis Ng is replaced by Gordon Lam, but personally for me, it did not affect the sequel as much. Jessica is also replaced by Elaine Ng (if I did not mistook her name). There are other casts worth mentioning in the sequel too such as Jerry Lamb and Joyce Tang. The highlight of the sequel definitely is Gallen Lo and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee, though. Their superb acting makes this series worthwhile.

who is jerry lamb?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I think he's the one who's in A Smiling Ghost Story with Maggie? The one who's also a ghost?

Jerry Lamb's Cantonese name is Lam Hiu Fung. I don't know about A Smiling Ghost Story but he's one of TVB's more recognizable faces. He is one of the hosts of the popular game show, The Super Trio Show, together with Eric Tsang and Chin Ka Lok. His more famous role, I guess, is in the Young and Dangerous series where he acted alongside Ekin Cheng and Jordan Chan. Here is a page on him with some pictures: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/lamb_jerry.htm
    Last edited by LadyMei; 07-28-05 at 04:32 AM.

oh him! paul in triumph in the skies!
    cherrie

Haiz. When will these kind of shows come back on the television? I really miss those days when I plopped myself in front of the tv, just to catch this series. Miss all the laughter...

I prefers the first one than the second.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I think both series were pretty good. I didn't miss Francis Ng that much in the sequel since most of the humor came from Gallen's character and as long as he was still cast I was happy.