Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: War And Destiny 《亂世佳人》

in fairness to mandy cho, yeah she had definitely improved. she's really terrible in guts of man
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    well i think in general malaysians did like the series
    I read on the HK magazine, this series receive a very good review in CHina too. Too bad they didn't air it in HK, might do better than "To Grow With Love"

i used to not like myolie's innocent and youngness in her acting.. but after this series, i guess she's decent. what really amazed me was sunny. he was the real hero of the movie obviously. i think this is one of his best series. =]
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

i am still watching episode 26....gonna to finish...
    this drama is quite boring....but because there are ron and leila,so i just watch it...
    can anybody here tell me the ending of this drama??i want to know so much !!!tq
    in love with:

[hyun bin][kim sun ah][rain][ron ng][tavia yeung]

Quote Originally Posted by jaewonling
    i am still watching episode 26....gonna to finish...
    this drama is quite boring....but because there are ron and leila,so i just watch it...
    can anybody here tell me the ending of this drama??i want to know so much !!!tq
    Are U at d part where Mandy died? Ron's dad found out her identity n killed her. He also died in the fight with sunny when he's escaping with d list of d rebels n d plane which they were in clashed.

Anyway, Ron & Leila were together, they had a son if i remember correctly n they open a duck farm.

Myolie got back the rice shop n run it together with d family n Sunny came back to her after 8 yrs.

sigh the ending could be better....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Myolie Wu - Fortunately (War and Destiny theme)

can someone give me the link to download this song. It's really good.

Thanks

here's the song yeah it's a great song! :d

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nifb79
    cherrie

haha i think this seriously is way better then TGWL frankly she would have stand a chance with this series to compete with charmaine for the award instead of TGWL
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

i agree with you ice. tgwl was plain stupid
    cherrie

Myolie really sang the themesong in the opening? I thought it was maybe F.I.R. or some other female singer.

Haha...I never thought I'd say this but Myolie and Sunny is a good pair onscreen. Just in the past two days I've gotten up to Episode 22 already. Hahaha too good~!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yep, myolie sang the themesong
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yep, myolie sang the themesong
    I can't believe her singing is quite good, not bad at all. She sure beats Charmaine Sheh at singing.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

certainly agree!
    cherrie

bad news. WAD is airing in HK on 12/3 (replacing Ten Brothers).

Gosh, this series is so boring. I'm around episode 10 and hardly moving ahead. And usually I'm one of the person that survives through series no matter how bad it is.

Well, to be fair to Mandy, I think she has improved a lot, at which rate is good enough. She is not the main lead so I don't expect much.

Sorry for those that like Myolie's performance here and Myolie fans, but I thought Myolie didn't do any better than her failure in TGWL. She used the same expressions every time. Please, her role here is different from her role in TGWL and other series, why does she have to use the same Myolie in every of her series? And if she is as good as she thinks she is to deserve Best Actress award, please work out on your crying skill. People don't just cry the same for every sad matter they faced. People cry differently for being bertrayed, being heartbroken, being touched, being sad because someone died. But no, she cried all the same. And I have to say that she failed in delivering the scene where her mother died. Mary Hon was so good, it should be easy to be more convincing and deliver a more touching scene with her. But she didn't touch me one bit. In fact, the more she acted as if she is innocent, the more she looks fake. Like she knows what she does is bad thing, but she goes and do it so that people can call her an angel. If she wants to act successfully as an innocent nosy body, please give audience the feeling that you are really doing it for them and not yourself. And that you are enjoying what you are doing, not like being forced by them. Learn from Louisa So in Bar Bender.

Leila here, outshines Myolie so much. Leila has a young face that I have always thought it's hard for her to act mature. But she went over her own boundary and succeed in acting her role here. And see, she does not cry the same way here as how she cried in Square Pegs. D

Ron was not very natural. He still has a long way to go for acting skill. But I thought he acted much better in Men in Pain. So is this an older show?

Sunny... nothing yet to comment. Not enough scenes of him yet to comment. But I'm wondering whether I should continue the series.

Does anyone have the Chinese name of the theme song? I know the English names. And does anyone have the full lyrics in Chinese or a transliteration in English?

the chinese title of the song of wad is 幸而 (translated as fortunately)
    cherrie

Wow, this is a very long thread, so I managed to only read bits and parts of it. I just finished watching this series with my mom, and I thought it was pretty good. I'm not fond of the Ping On character. She is too sad, even her smiles make her appear as if she is crying. I believe this partly has to do with the fact that the actress, Myolie Wu, just has a sad countenance, and so every expression is tinged with sadness. It's just too depressing. I suppose being constantly down and gloomy is appropriate for the character Ping On, since she has had a hard life. But sometimes, it's hard to like someone who's constantly appearing weepy.

Another complaint about the series... Yuet Fung and Hau Yi's relationship is very underdeveloped. They really only had a few sparse scenes here and there together. Yes, I understand that theirs is a forbidden love affair, but I would still like to see them spend a few more stolen moments together. Nonetheless, I think they did a fairly good job of showing us their yearning for each other. The discreet, silent looks they sent each other were quite telling of their love for each other. Hmph, the few scenes they have together just make me mad, somehow, since I like this couple! Maybe I'll just go off and write my own short story using similar characters and giving them more scenes with each other!

yup i agree i think leila did way better then myolie in this series
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng