Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The official rankings of TVB actors and actresses

Smile

Where is Ada Choi and Kenix Kwok? Cannot be juz Jessica in the list wad...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

yeah im surprised too. im like, who are those guys? and those that i know like sunny and evergreen are behind them?!?!
    oh im happy to see steven ma's name in list (at least he made it on top 10 despite being out tvb series for 1 yr) and raymond's in #5!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Only artist with TVB appear on the list!!!!! If they are not on the list they are not contracted with TVB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    I think for the exception of Roger and Jessica, the leaders. The other guys are not ranked in order. They are randomized I think. It doesnt make sense that Sonija, Mellisa, and Bernice is ranked higher than Tavia.

And Sunny is definitely not supposed to be 18th.
    these are correct as in the rankings in terms of how tvb prioritize their people. sunny chan is that low on the list b/c he's old and he hasn't really proven himself in the past few series ..

also the article mentioned advertisement, spokesperson and so on. sunny and others who ranked lowly have a low market for this kind of promotion. and of course, their ranking is somewhat decided upon how loyal they are to the company.

sonija, melissa and bernice all have more advertisements out in magazines than tavia. this list isn't based solely on how well they act, instead a comprise list of many factors.

hope this helps u understand why the rankings of your fave are so low ... =)

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao
    these are correct as in the rankings in terms of how tvb prioritize their people. sunny chan is that low on the list b/c he's old and he hasn't really proven himself in the past few series ..

also the article mentioned advertisement, spokesperson and so on. sunny and others who ranked lowly have a low market for this kind of promotion. and of course, their ranking is somewhat decided upon how loyal they are to the company.

sonija, melissa and bernice all have more advertisements out in magazines than tavia. this list isn't based solely on how well they act, instead a comprise list of many factors.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO pandamao..i get it a lil better now

ohh, and also , thanx infinity6424 for the list!!!

pandamao, you are one of the few people who read...THank you! Can i quote you on what you said and use it else where?

and np, just spearding some news around

oh i see thanks for clearing that up!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TVB are a bit sad arn't they? I mean just beacause they dont advertise much doesnt mean they deserve to be lowly ranked. I mean maybe less advertising means more concentration on their acting??? Some can just not work for tvb and earn money by doing advertisement

Oh well...thats just my two cents (hah i use that a lot)
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    TVB are a bit sad arn't they? I mean just beacause they dont advertise much doesnt mean they deserve to be lowly ranked. I mean maybe less advertising means more concentration on their acting??? Some can just not work for tvb and earn money by doing advertisement

Oh well...thats just my two cents (hah i use that a lot)
    What's even sadder I think is when they award actors and actresses based on seniority rather than their performance. ~_~

I read somewhere that the ranking is also a form of measurement of the fees that the artists command. So, say for example Company XYZ wish to engage Gigi Lai for an advertisment or promotion, the Company can expect that her fees will be higher than say someone ranked 8th or something. So, if my company's advertising budget cannot afford Gigi Lai, I can choose those down the rank. The same report also indicate that the ranking makes it easy for companies to decide which TVB contracted artist they will like or can afford to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by littlestream
    I read somewhere that the ranking is also a form of measurement of the fees that the artists command. So, say for example Company XYZ wish to engage Gigi Lai for an advertisment or promotion, the Company can expect that her fees will be higher than say someone ranked 8th or something. So, if my company's advertising budget cannot afford Gigi Lai, I can choose those down the rank. The same report also indicate that the ranking makes it easy for companies to decide which TVB contracted artist they will like or can afford to engage.
    that makes sense..

Well I still think it stinks bananas. I hope sincerely that some of my favs get even less series then they normally have.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Hmm, Sunny has been a proven actors for quite some time now. Plus he is in quite a few recent series in Just Love, Strike of Heart, etc. He is low because he is old doesn't make much sense. Just look at Jessica, Roger, Gigi, Bowie? They are the oldest amounst the group. The biggest credential an actor can have is experience, hence age is not a drawback. The more the experience, the better the actor.

Also, I'm interested in the salaries these guys are making. Anyone have access to any reference on this?

I think the rank is based on popularity. The newer actors or most popular one are definately more higher than the older and slightly forgotten actors like Sunny Chan who was once popular but not a new/suprising star anymore.