Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xia Gu Dan Xin [Chen Long, Wallace Chung, He Mei Tian]

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    A lot of LYS's novels are connected in a series. Xia Gu Dan Xing and Lofty Water Verdant Bow are both 2 from the Heroes of Mt. Heaven series.

Heroes of Mt. Heaven consist of 21 books all together. But u can read the books seperately like the Condor Trilogy.

The main character of Xia Gu Dan Xin is Jin Shi Yi's son.
    In the novel, JSY's lover died. How did he have a son? Or was his son an adopted one?
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

What is the English title of this series? Does anyone know if it is available on YesAsia.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    In the novel, JSY's lover died. How did he have a son? Or was his son an adopted one?
    He married Gu Zhi Hua 20 years later and they have a son.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I see, thanks. I read Lofty Water, Verdant Bow (Viet version) and it ended with him telling Zhi Hua that he couldn't marry her, so I thought they never got together.
    Last edited by Shirley; 06-27-07 at 12:38 PM.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

I so happy that this series is released in viet already (Hiep Cot Dan Tam) and so far it looks good.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I so happy that this series is released in viet already (Hiep Cot Dan Tam) and so far it looks good.
    --it's release in usa already??...cuz i watched this serie with english sub and i've wait for it to release it viet for so long...

Quote Originally Posted by eternityxdream View Post
    --it's release in usa already??...cuz i watched this serie with english sub and i've wait for it to release it viet for so long...
    I would assume it is in rental stores. I know that it's uploaded up to 10 ep. on dailymotion.com
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Does anyone know where I can find some more pictures for the series?

ur kidding?!!! i actually liked the ending to the LWVB book, i don't believe he would do tat.

the characters barely has any connection to the past, i don't see why they have to link them to the LWVB novel. i was gonna read the book, but...i'm not going to anymore.

i bought the film and haven't started watching, but i guess i'm not going to try. i'll get to peeved knowing wat happen.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Can someone pls tell me how wallace and he mei tian get together?? was it the bit after they fell down the cliff coz i thought that it was a bit confusing....

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    ur kidding?!!! i actually liked the ending to the LWVB book, i don't believe he would do tat.
    Why couldn't he do that? It was 20 years after the death of Li Sheng Nan. That's a loooooong time. Everyone deserves a 2 chance at happiness.

Should Jin Shi Yi be penalised to live a lonely life until be dies because a girl decide on her own that she wants to sacrifice her life for JSY? Honestly, looking at the plot of LWVB, I don't think JSY really loved Li Sheng Nan. He just decided to stay with her corpse at the end because of guilt and gratitude.

Lets say, if a guy has no feelings for a girl. But the girl falls in love with the guy, does a lot for the guy, can give up everything for a guy. So, does the guy has the obligation to marry her eventhough he doesn't have feelings for her?

the characters barely has any connection to the past, i don't see why they have to link them to the LWVB novel. i was gonna read the book, but...i'm not going to anymore.
    Many Liang Yu Sheng's novels have link to each other. I've not read the novels. But since both tv series butchered the story alot, maybe the novels actually have more connections with each other than the series.

Also, I've read that TVB changed the plot a lot and that the Li Sheng Nan in the series and the one in the novel is quite different.

i bought the film and haven't started watching, but i guess i'm not going to try. i'll get to peeved knowing wat happen.
    Maybe if u watch the series as a standalone series, it would be better. Follow this series version of the relationship between Li Sheng Nan and Jin Shi Yi instead of the TVB one. You will feel better.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-25-07 at 01:47 AM.

Why couldn't he do that? It was 20 years after the death of Li Sheng Nan. That's a loooooong time. Everyone deserves a 2 chance at happiness.

Should Jin Shi Yi be penalised to live a lonely life until be dies because a girl decide on her own that she wants to sacrifice her life for JSY? Honestly, looking at the plot of LWVB, I don't think JSY really loved Li Sheng Nan. He just decided to stay with her corpse at the end because of guilt and gratitude.

Lets say, if a guy has no feelings for a girl. But the girl falls in love with the guy, does a lot for the guy, can give up everything for a guy. So, does the guy has the obligation to marry her eventhough he doesn't have feelings for her?
    i'm sorry but i've always been a bit of a meanie when it comes to these things. i like it when the guy has to live in regret for the rest of his life with his guilt. he deserves no chance of happiness.

thats why i like Romance Of The White Hair maiden so much.

Many Liang Yu Sheng's novels have link to each other. I've not read the novels. But since both tv series butchered the story alot, maybe the novels actually have more connections with each other than the series.

Also, I've read that TVB changed the plot a lot and that the Li Sheng Nan in the series and the one in the novel is quite different.

Maybe if u watch the series as a standalone series, it would be better. Follow this series version of the relationship between Li Sheng Nan and Jin Shi Yi instead of the TVB one. You will feel better.
    I heard about the TVB changed, i don't mind the change, i also took to reading the novel, i preferred Rain Li character to LSN yet i still liked it how in the end he suffered for the rest of his life.

muahaha...suffer evil man suffer!!!
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Personally, I think this series is really good. Perhaps it is diff from the novel (I wouldn't know) but I think in and of itself, it's really good. Plot is great, characters are likeable, couples are satisfying, fighting scenes are well done, and actors did a good job. One of the best shows I've scene in a year.

Just wondering if anyone could plz tell me if the ending that i saw is the right one...

click to show/hide spoilers
    ends with hongyin waking up in zhului's arms...there's no real confirmation that yanyan ends up with li then??

Quote Originally Posted by little_me106 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could plz tell me if the ending that i saw is the right one...

click to show/hide spoilers
    ends with hongyin waking up in zhului's arms...there's no real confirmation that yanyan ends up with li then??
    Yes. That's the ending. But before that Li Nan Xing and Yan Yan already got together.

ohh ok thanks...so they got together after the cliff scene....thats pretty cute but there was no real scene of their 'romance' then!! im quite disappointed then coz they were my fav couple...didnt really like the main couple!

Xiao qiang in in here..the main actress.. wow i remember seeing her in taiwanese series back in the early 90s.. how does she still looks so young!!!!!!!

sucks that Wallace chung have to play 3rd lead again!!!!!!!!!!!URGH>>>>>> my Ho mei tien is always so cute....

I finished watching this a couple weeks ago. At first I really liked it (b/c all the characters were quite likeable and the plot was good) but then it started getting kinda draggy and mushy after Chen Long's character confess his love for Xiao Qiang's character. I didn't like the end too much either (a bit anti-climatic and lacking), though must admit that at least it had a happy ending, so that's a plus. I think it's a good, passable series, but nothing too memorable now that it's over and I don't think I will be tempted to watch a second time (pity cuz I really liked the beginning)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/2005-07-25/U487P28T3D790482F326DT20050725153642.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/2005-07-25/U487P28T3D790482F329DT20050725153642.JPG')

I just recently watched this, and I really liked it.

Fight scenes were done well, and there are lots of them. CGI was integrated nicely but not overused (with the exception of the final fight). Yes, the final fight was a little anti-climatic but still well done overall.

Chen Long was great as the happy-go-lucky Jin Zhuliu. He got me chuckling quite a few times. Unfortunately, as mentioned by other posters, that feeling was lost in the second 1/2 when he became mushy and moody over his love with Shi Hongying.

As for the romance between the two leads, it felt somewhat awkward to me. Perhaps the obvious difference in age between CL and XQ bothered me. I felt, though, that the script wanted to emphasize their love, but instead, made it just drawn out and mopey. And SHY, who had had such spunk in the beginning, was made out to be such a tragic heroine in the end.

Fortunately, where I started to lose interest in Jin Zhuliu, I started really gaining interest in Wallace Chung's character, Li Nanxing. This series really made me sit up and take notice of Wallace. I normally don't like serious characters, especially if there is a vibrant character to offset them, but Li Nanxing, though serious, smart, and righteous, is not a self-absorbed (i.e. mopey) man. His interaction with He Mei Tian's character, Zhong Yanyan was very sweet, though I had hoped the scriptwriters would have expanded a bit more on their romance instead of drawing out JZL/SHY.

Overall, a good series. It may not make the "OMG, you MUST see it" list, but it's not a snoozer either and I don't regret buying it.

(Now I am eager to watch ZJZ's DOMD to see how Wallace does as Kangxi.)