Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

Quote Originally Posted by Tianqin View Post
    Hi Teresalen,

I just completed the Taiwanese production, "Remember I Love You" after your feedback.

Most of the characters in the drama are quite likeable including Nicky's brothers and sisters but of course I love Nicky's character and Cheryl Yang's character the most. They had great on-screen chemistry which is testament to their acting skills although there is a big age gap between them in real life. And Nicky is still believable acting as a college student at his age....hehe......And needless to say, Nicky is very good looking here. And their scenes together are quite sweet like the part when they were making the art & craft work for each other.

I did not like some parts of the drama which do not make sense, like Cheryl Yang agreeing to marry the baddie, Da Yu as it is so out of character for her to do that when she is adamant that she did not like him all along. And the story is really sad as it was tears for me all the way almost from start to end.

In this drama, the first male lead is actually the second brother as it is a story told from his point of view and he has the most screen time and not Nicky. However, to me Nicky still stole the show and made the greatest impression on me and my interest level certainly dropped a lot towards the second half of the drama without Nicky.

Any other recommendation of Nicky's productions to watch?
    Oh, so the girl is Cheryl Yang? She's so cute! I love the kissing scene in the classroom, particulary the Behind the Scene! So cute!

Have you tried Nicky's old dramas? Like Treasure Venture (with Vicky Zhao Wei) and Treasure Raiders (Xiao Shi Yi Lang) with Athena Chu? Those are my two fave. Li Hou Zhu yu Zhao Kuan Yin is also a good series, about the poet Emperor Li Yu.

I'm not so good with translation. Anyway here it goes:

Basically the article is about how Nicky's ex-wife, Ma Ya Su, got married to a Caucasian man from a very well-to-do family. The writer stated that though everyone is entitled to seeking their own happiness, Ma's remarriage within a year, and the fact that she had committed adultery earlier on, were what many could not bear. On Nicky's part, he bore with the humiliation, and even gave away a sizeable chunk of his fortune in the course of their separation. Ma's remarriage was a high profile one. She even flaunted her egg-size (?) wedding ring to the press. This has led many to point out the fact that she had undergone cosmetic surgery to enhance her looks (which was kinda plain from the early pics). It was thought that she had done something to her nose and chin. Then someone pointed out that her new hubby is not the millionaire as he or Ma claimed, but a divorcee who is working-class.

Anyway, really hope he will find a good wife like Andy Lau.
    Last edited by de1tafrida; 03-21-12 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Hi guys (or girls),

Why don't you try to contact Linggluu at her tumblr (http://linggluu.tumblr.com/tagged/nicky_wu) for the shop link? Surely she knows, for she bought one herself. Good luck!

(have you tried baidu?)
    Hi Icha, I tried taobao but could not complete the purchase....am really bad with online purchases.....

Quote Originally Posted by de1tafrida View Post

Basically the article is about how Nicky's ex-wife, Ma Ya Su, got married to a Caucasian man from a very well-to-do family. The writer stated that though everyone is entitled to seeking their own happiness, Ma's remarriage within a year, and the fact that she had committed adultery earlier on, were what many could not bear. On Nicky's part, he bore with the humiliation, and even gave away a sizeable chunk of his fortune in the course of their separation. Ma's remarriage was a high profile one. She even flaunted her egg-size (?) wedding ring to the press. This has led many to point out the fact that she had undergone cosmetic surgery to enhance her looks (which was kinda plain from the early pics). It was thought that she had done something to her nose and chin. Then someone pointed out that her new hubby is not the millionaire as he or Ma claimed, but a divorcee who is working-class.

Thanks for the translation....you did well. I, too hope Nicky will meet his destined one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresalen View Post
    Thanks for the translation....you did well. I, too hope Nicky will meet his destined one soon.
    Love really is blind. Don't know what Nicky ever saw in her. He could have ANYONE he wants.

I didn't know Andy has a wife now? I tot he has been single for years? Good on him. Who is she?

Thanks for translating the article. I feel horrible again for Nicky's sake... I wish I can just drop this gold digger fiasco and not ever revisit it. So annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Love really is blind. Don't know what Nicky ever saw in her. He could have ANYONE he wants.
    From some Chinese articles I read, it was mentioned that Nicky is somewhat passive in love (被动). Hence, he attracts the more domineering type. During a talk show, Fann Wong (who acted with him in a ghost serial) mentioned that he was scared of his ex-wife, Ma Ya Su, even when their marriage was good.

Don't get me wrong, he has tonnes of girls going after him since his Little Tigers day. In fact, he was the first among the three tigers to start a steady relationship. He was popular and had dated many female celebrities. Before Ma Ya Su was Ada Choi. If you looked at the ladies he dated, they are all not particularly stunning. But they are quite natural-looking (Ma was at first), tanned and slim/sporty. Plus they look very fun-loving and outgoing. Not the demure or princessy type. It was also mentioned that both Ada and Ma chased after him 1st.

Andy Lau's wife, a former Malaysian beauty queen. Very pretty and looks great, even with no makeup:

20090827_100522_20090827-andyholdinghands.jpg

I'm a true believer in Karma and I have feeling Nicky's Ex will gets hers soon if she hasn't already. Thank God Nicky's career is back on top where it belongs.

I read somewhere that he's working on 3 TV series, a movie and an album. Is this true? If so, then he's super busy this year!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/61e7f8b0jw1dr9im13ia5j.jpg')
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Andy Lau's wife, a former Malaysian beauty queen. Very pretty and looks great, even with no makeup:

20090827_100522_20090827-andyholdinghands.jpg
    I can't really see her because of the mask, but she does look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by babygil View Post
    I'm a true believer in Karma and I have feeling Nicky's Ex will gets hers soon if she hasn't already. Thank God Nicky's career is back on top where it belongs.

I read somewhere that he's working on 3 TV series, a movie and an album. Is this true? If so, then he's super busy this year!
    I do believe that Karma will catch on the Ex soon. Just watch!

Nicky has done Xing Ming Shi Ye a month ago, then he's going to do the Silverhaired Maiden (or whatever the official name is), then BBJX 2 in Oct12. So yes, he is busy and happier! I saw his Paris videos several times; he does look happy there.

The Silverhaired Maiden? Wow, I can't wait to see who his leading lady is!
    I'm not picky at all mainly because he manager to bring the best out of whoever he works with.
    I have a few leading ladies in mind but no high hopes on my end

Nicky just lost his grandmother. So he stopped working and flew back to Taiwan to be with family.
    May she rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixgr View Post
    Nicky just lost his grandmother. So he stopped working and flew back to Taiwan to be with family.
    May she rest in peace.
    RIP

She must have lived to a ripe old age since her grandson is 40+ she has quite a few great grand kids already.

Yeah... I hope he and his family are okay now. He seems to love her a lot...

Nicky is love sick with Paris. His latest weibo stated so. No wonder, even now I want to go to Paris. Imagine him going there and immersing himself in the beautiful ambiance...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4b79ffdbjw1drctza12eij.jpg')

Here's what his post was (translated by Linggluu):

3/26/2012, 7:09am: #我们街拍的时刻# (Wo men Jie Pai de Shi Ke, Our photoshoot/picture time) This is romantic Pariss photo shoot. Every time I close my eyes, enjoying the fragrant, rich scent of coffee, my mind would flash to a certain corner in the streets of Paris. This islove sickness. (Parody of the lyrics from Nickys Song, Love Sick). Royal Radio Station 57.6 megahertz is bringing to you: Love Sick.

Nicky is auctioning the watch he wore in Paris and will donate the profit for projects for poor children!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1na74Gs5E1qdakdd.jpg')

What a treat!

And look at this handsome guy in a very handsome grey suit... sigh...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nefgoN4d1qe9cl2o1_r1_500.png')

Images and news from weibo and Linggluu.

This guy is too cute...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nefgoN4d1qe9cl2o9_r2_250.png')

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Nicky is auctioning the watch he wore in Paris and will donate the profit for projects for poor children!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1na74Gs5E1qdakdd.jpg')

What a treat!

And look at this handsome guy in a very handsome grey suit... sigh...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nefgoN4d1qe9cl2o1_r1_500.png')

Images and news from weibo and Linggluu.
    Awww good for him. I don't mind the light colored suit but hate the crinkled look about it.

Hmm... yeah, actually I dislike the crinkles as well. But I love the grey colour and also the candy striped shirt and ties. Nicky can be so well-dressed at times!