Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Mute Bride/Wife

i love this series soooo much !!!!! I'm addicted !!! I even create a webpage for it lol --------> not finsh . I love the song .. ahhh dis series is so sad yet romantic !!

Okay, I've listened to the 3rd song for many times..all I can understand is the word Mother ..I think she's calling her mother The songs not bad, but I like the True Love and Mute bride more...I think the 3rd one is more upbeat?...and yeah, the Mama yelling in the beginning is kinda
    Last edited by chocolate; 12-16-05 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tw33tiz
    I love this movie.... Its so sad...This is like first taiwanese movie that i have seen in years and like it at the same time....anyway... i love the mail character... William ... He's really good... Eventhough he is not so cute.....The role that he play make me love he...Now i think that he is so adorable.. Anyway... do you guys noe any other good taiwanese series...?

I perfer Tragedy that have like good things...I dont like devil beside me... for some reason.. it seem so fake...
    LOL Thuy, it's Thanh. Weird!

I like William after the series too. At the beginning, I thought he was not very good looking and strange.
    Anyway, I dont know any Taiwanese Series, but
    if you like drama and intense plot lines, you should also try Korean series such as
    {Winter Sonata, Endless Love, Stairways to Heaven} <--all very touching and dramatic.

-----------

And so , I finished the series yesterday. I wished it had gone on a little bit longer after he died you know..show the baby they had together and stuff. But the good part was that she could speak again and he opened his eyes to see her.

I still hate the evil wife of the 2nd son. Everything she did was not ever justified...and they gladly took her back.

Do you guys think that the 2nd son still had feelings for Yue Ling all the way throughout the series or did you think his feelings died after he refused to take her away from his brother? Or was it a "protective" feeling but not really like?

i think he have feeling for his sister in law since the begin and it grow each day as he get to know her more becuase she is a lovely person inside and out .. who wouldn't help but fall in love with her but since he love his brother dearly he will never take the one thing his brother love the most and beside he know she doesn't love him because all she think about is the 1st brother and i think some how the love he feel .. part of it was out of admiration for all thing she done for his brother and the family

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate
    Liyah and winterlovesong : Just click on the link and scroll to the bottom.

clfan: Thanks a lot, I'm downloading the 3rd song. It work for me this time.

Sparky: How was your final? think you did well?

thuy69: Welcome to the Mute Bride discussion.

I'm older than clfan and much older than Sparky...I'm 24

You are supersweet and i really appreciate it. This is my first forum, and I really enjoy being in here and talking to all of you. Thank you so much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Tw33tiz, I prefer to watch tragedy storylines too, I guess its just much more meaningful instead of watching other Tawainese productions where its pretty much just castings of pretty faces. I don't know why Meteor Garden and such is so popular, b/c I just don't see the magic in the story
    I think older Taiwanese series are pretty good, try any that are made in the early 90's, and the storylines are much much better than today's.

Choc, I think us 18-neers and below are too young to be interested in this kind of tragic love stories Btw, don't you find it kinda interesting that this thread started out w/ only me, you, clfan, and one other person... and now so many new people showed up?
    Welcome all to the thread

As for the songs, the True Love theme music started out really good, but I think I kinda get bored w/ it as the song progresses
    As for Mute Bride theme, I don't seem to get bored with it at all...no matter how much I listen to it, I can always play it till the end over and over again
    Haven't listened to the 3rd one yet...so no opinion yet

I feel the same way as you for the mute bride themesong, i don't get bored with it. I read that clfan likes the third much more than the first two. Hey, for the trilogy is it the same people. Or is it like different story, just the same theme? I'm still confizzle. hehehe. ttyl take care

Thumbs up

welcome sarN to the forum. I'm glad you really like the series.Tell the group when your website is done okay, we would really like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by winterlovesong
    LOL Thuy, it's Thanh. Weird!

I like William after the series too. At the beginning, I thought he was not very good looking and strange.
    Anyway, I dont know any Taiwanese Series, but
    if you like drama and intense plot lines, you should also try Korean series such as
    {Winter Sonata, Endless Love, Stairways to Heaven} <--all very touching and dramatic.

-----------

And so , I finished the series yesterday. I wished it had gone on a little bit longer after he died you know..show the baby they had together and stuff. But the good part was that she could speak again and he opened his eyes to see her.

I still hate the evil wife of the 2nd son. Everything she did was not ever justified...and they gladly took her back.

Do you guys think that the 2nd son still had feelings for Yue Ling all the way throughout the series or did you think his feelings died after he refused to take her away from his brother? Or was it a "protective" feeling but not really like?
    i think at the beginning he felt sorry that she had to be married to his crippled brother. But he started to like her, and then his brother hooked him up. He tried so hard to r esist how he feels for her. What confuses me the most was towards the end when William confronted him about what the 2nd brother's wife was doing, he was defending for her a lot. It confuses me how he loves her at the end, i mean he loves her snobbiness and immature nature. I did wish that the story would be longer. IT would be nice if the third one that comes out yueling and william being in it.

Hi, I would like to explain Liyah's confusion about the second brother defending his wife. I think he defends her b/c he thinks it is his responsibility as a husband to defend his wife from such a serious accusation. To him, he just think his wife is childess and stupid and would never be able to, or capable of comtemplate such a greedy and trecherous plan to win the family inheritance. He thinks the accusation is also an attack on him since he would also inherit the fortune if his older brother and wife die. Hope this help.

By the way, I think it would be GREAT if yue ling and william are in the third trilogy, but I think that is very unlikely. But we can always cross our fingers and hope, right.

Quote Originally Posted by thuy69
    Hi, I would like to explain Liyah's confusion about the second brother defending his wife. I think he defends her b/c he thinks it is his responsibility as a husband to defend his wife from such a serious accusation. To him, he just think his wife is childess and stupid and would never be able to, or capable of comtemplate such a greedy and trecherous plan to win the family inheritance. He thinks the accusation is also an attack on him since he would also inherit the fortune if his older brother and wife die. Hope this help.

By the way, I think it would be GREAT if yue ling and william are in the third trilogy, but I think that is very unlikely. But we can always cross our fingers and hope, right.
    thank u, im glad u cleared it up, anyways i would really like them together, they make such a great couple. I really need help guys. I know this room is about the mute bride series and stuff. but my aunt and i is betting on these two korean series, "the glass shoes" and "stairways to heaven' like the two little girls acting as the young girl in the two movies, in the glass shoe, the older sister "tai-hee" as a young girl, i need her name, and the young girl in stairways to heaven, i need the main young girl's name. please help me if you can. thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Liyah
    thank u, im glad u cleared it up, anyways i would really like them together, they make such a great couple. I really need help guys. I know this room is about the mute bride series and stuff. but my aunt and i is betting on these two korean series, "the glass shoes" and "stairways to heaven' like the two little girls acting as the young girl in the two movies, in the glass shoe, the older sister "tai-hee" as a young girl, i need her name, and the young girl in stairways to heaven, i need the main young girl's name. please help me if you can. thanks so much
    I don't know the child-actor who acted as young "Tai-hee" in Glass Shoe, but the young JungSuh in Stairway to Heaven is Park Sin Hye
    If you're wondering if it's the same actress for both roles, then I don't think they are...as the yrs of productions and age of the actress don't match up

I, too, was surprised at how the younger bro willingly loved and accepted his wife at the end...I guess that is because she couldn't stab him when he yelled at her to do so during the confrontation where everything was revealed. (I guess that proves how much she loves him?)
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

I don't know the child-actor who acted as young "Tai-hee" in Glass Shoe, but the young JungSuh in Stairway to Heaven is Park Sin Hye
    If you're wondering if it's the same actress for both roles, then I don't think they are...as the yrs of productions and age of the actress don't match up

I, too, was surprised at how the younger bro willingly loved and accepted his wife at the end...I guess that is because she couldn't stab him when he yelled at her to do so during the confrontation where everything was revealed. (I guess that proves how much she loves him?)

yeah i know they'er not the same, but my aunt is like " how much u wanna bet" so i have to prove her that im right and she's wrong. Can u guys help me find both of their pix? thank you sooooo much guys.

I feel the same way as you for the mute bride themesong, i don't get bored with it. I read that clfan likes the third much more than the first two. Hey, for the trilogy is it the same people. Or is it like different story, just the same theme? I'm still confizzle. hehehe. ttyl take care
    I agree with you and S.Chic...... i really love the themeseong... i dont seem to get board of it and im beginning to remember the words.. its scary because im not even Chinese...hihiihhiih ^-^ Oh Well its cool if i know the song i can sing it myself.....hahahah

^-^

umm actually i dont like yue ling, she not pretty, but the chick that play her older sister, the one with a son, is extremely beautiful, she got nice lips, hehehehe
    hope to see her in more series,
    and just to said that part 3, there will be no yue ling or william,
    the 1st triology was vivian chen and chang sheh,
    the 2nd triology is yue ling and william xie,
    3rd one, they still looking for the casting, and im sure yue ling wont be in it.
    and chocolate, hey u listen to the 3rd theme yet? care to give me some comments?

yeah i know they'er not the same, but my aunt is like " how much u wanna bet" so i have to prove her that im right and she's wrong. Can u guys help me find both of their pix? thank you sooooo much guys.
    Young actress of Older sis from Glass Shoes: http://wizard.sbs.co.kr/template/wzd...Id=V0000213447
    http://wizard.sbs.co.kr/template/wzd...Id=V0000213447
    Sorry, don't know her name, but she's the taller girl in the pic

Young Jung Suh from Stairways to Heaven (Park Sin Hye): $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://devnewsimg.mydaily.co.kr/2005/12/06/200512061833541110_1.jpg')
    The pic w/ the gurl, ignore the guy

The girl in "STH" have a dimple in her chin(so cute!) and the one in "GS" doesn't
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 12-18-05 at 05:56 AM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Smile

Young actress of Older sis from Glass Shoes: http://wizard.sbs.co.kr/template/wzd...Id=V0000213447
    http://wizard.sbs.co.kr/template/wzd...Id=V0000213447
    Sorry, don't know her name, but she's the taller girl in the pic

Young Jung Suh from Stairways to Heaven (Park Sin Hye): $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://devnewsimg.mydaily.co.kr/2005/12/06/200512061833541110_1.jpg')
    The pic w/ the gurl, ignore the guy

The girl in "STH" have a dimple in her chin(so cute!) and the one in "GS" doesn't
    THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! You are awesome, i'm so gona win. Thanks for taking your time to look for this for me. It's so sweet of you, i really appreciate it a whole bunch. Thanks so much.

Anyways, so is Taiwanese totally different from Chinese? I thought that they were similar, cuz in Singapore they speak chinese so i would think the same for Taiwan .Or maybe i'm just d umb/ hehehhe

I love Stairway to Heaven..... i especially love their childhood....I love the gurl and the boy who play that role... I think they are so cute together .... ^-^

THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! You are awesome, i'm so gona win. Thanks for taking your time to look for this for me. It's so sweet of you, i really appreciate it a whole bunch. Thanks so much.

Anyways, so is Taiwanese totally different from Chinese? I thought that they were similar, cuz in Singapore they speak chinese so i would think the same for Taiwan .Or maybe i'm just d umb/ hehehhe
    From what I know, Taiwan was formed when the people in China rebelled against China government and formed their own country, which is now Taiwan.
    Technically, they're all Chinese, but they speak different Chinese dialects. Taiwan speaks the a form of Chinese called Mandarine(sp?) and people in Hong Kong and various other areas in China speaks Cantonese. Of course, there's also other forms of Chinese dialects, and there's also a combo of both too within a country.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

From what I know, Taiwan was formed when the people in China rebelled against China government and formed their own country, which is now Taiwan.
    Technically, they're all Chinese, but they speak different Chinese dialects. Taiwan speaks the a form of Chinese called Mandarine(sp?) and people in Hong Kong and various other areas in China speaks Cantonese. Of course, there's also other forms of Chinese dialects, and there's also a combo of both too within a country.

Thanks, that was good info there. Man, i wanted to learn chinese, but geezez look at how many dialects are there, i still can't even speak Vietnamese right, and Chinese is like really really hard. I wonder why they form so many dialects. So, i guess people finished the Mute bride series, and they're speechless cuz its so good? hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by tw33tiz
    I agree with you and S.Chic...... i really love the themeseong... i dont seem to get board of it and im beginning to remember the words.. its scary because im not even Chinese...hihiihhiih ^-^ Oh Well its cool if i know the song i can sing it myself.....hahahah

^-^
    LOL, don't worry, at least u're not at the stage where you sing along w/ it yet...that's an everyday occurance in my car (and I don't even know what the heck I'm singing, I just act like I have some sense of what I'm saying )

I also like "Stairways to Heaven", its up there as one of my favorite series

My 2 cents on the 3rd Triology song:
    I agree... that "Mamaw, Mamaw, Mamaaawww" at the beginnin is just..... eh, what the heck? It completely takes away from the soulfulness of the melody.
    The song doesn't really draw you in at first compared to the 1st and 2nd one, but the more you listen to it, then the more you'll like it.

As for the 3rd Triology, I have an idea that it'll be awesome if its the story about Yue Ling's character and her child... that way, we'll know if its a boy or girl she's gonna have But it'll just be too cruel to have another dramatic story on her character since she's been through so many drama in "Mute Bride."
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)