Page 92 of 312 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 6226

Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    dont know where you're getting your infos. give me a source where the site stated that she graduated from US high school.
    I believe a LYF fans said," wow she must be realyl smart fro graduating at 15 in the US"

give me the source about her going to Stanford thru all the application process
    plus, what year is she entering?
    as well as her graduating from Beijing Academy I wonder if these are all rumors
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I believe a LYF fans said," wow she must be realyl smart fro graduating at 15 in the US"

give me the source about her going to Stanford thru all the application process
    plus, what year is she entering?
    as well as her graduating from Beijing Academy I wonder if these are all rumors
    dont want to post lyf's pictures here...picture with her degree from beijing academy in her thread.

Lol, I don't think many of us doubted that. Pretty hard to fabricate a degree from Beijing Academy.
    For the high school graduation and Stanford thing; it's harder to tell for now. I was always under the impression that she did not graduate high school before moving back with her mother to China.

BUT the point of the previous discussions was not on whether she did them or not, but how she did and completed them, bringing into question the undeniable effects of fame and money/connections, which was our convo topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei
    Lol, I don't think many of us doubted that. Pretty hard to fabricate a degree from Beijing Academy.
    For the high school graduation and Stanford thing; it's harder to tell for now. I was always under the impression that she did not graduate high school before moving back with her mother to China.

BUT the point of the previous discussions was not on whether she did them or not, but how she did and completed them, bringing into question the undeniable effects of fame and money/connections, which was our convo topic.
    Well, is possible that YM who's attending the same school...have the same special treatment as LYF?

as for the high school graduation...we have no proof. stanford, she said she's attend this fall. we'll see if that's going to happen. Sony Music Entertainment's website stated in this site that she's going there. If Sony isnt reliable about their sources, then I guess her rumor about going to Stanford is false.

as for the high school graduation...we have no proof. stanford, she said she's attend this fall. we'll see if that's going to happen. Sony Music Entertainment's website stated in this site that she's going there. If Sony isnt reliable about their sources, then I guess her rumor about going to Stanford is false.

STanford, i wouldn't doubt, but how/when did that happened i question.

PLus Ym is now taking exams. I believe Sunnysnow brought up a point that even Ym had to reject offers to continute her studies at Beijing. LYF did projects after projects, commericals, singing in Japan.. etc. how she managed is leaving loose ends

STanford, i wouldn't doubt, but how/when did that happened i question.

PLus Ym is now taking exams. I believe Sunnysnow brought up a point that even Ym had to reject offers to continute her studies at Beijing. LYF did projects after projects, commericals, singing in Japan.. etc. how she managed is leaving loose ends
    what about just hardwork? plus, like you said, ym is rejecting offers while lyf is focusing only on 1 movie + 1 album for the 3 years she's planning to attend in stanford.

Well, is possible that YM who's attending the same school...have the same special treatment as LYF?
    Sure, at the very least, she would get some more attention compared maybe to other applicants who were not in any series at all or very minimal experience. But to a much less degree than LYF, I would bet, who was already more famous and hyped when she entered than YM is now, and took in major productions (like cp and roch) while "studying".

what about just hardwork? plus, like you said, ym is rejecting offers while lyf is focusing only on 1 movie + 1 album for the 3 years she's planning to attend in stanford.
    Dearie, I like your optimism and undying faith in LYF, but taking in promotions and filming (series no less which take time!), she would only logically get a few months at most to focus on her studies; I don't care how smart you think she is, it is not possible without help.
    Plus, if she is Stanford-bound, it would make sense for her to start limiting her offers, since I doubt, as much as Stanford likes its applicants famous and rich, it won't be as lenient as BEijing Film in allowing its students to not attend classes like everyone else and traipse around doing promotions.

I said when she was in Beijing Academy. I also reference to sunny's statment and i didn't want to plagiarize

YM is not attending stanford, so i can't compare those two here

Plus,her album is coming up and she needs to do promotions all over Japan, asian.etc.. it takes time.. IF she wants to improve sining and acting.. that has to be considered

Dearie, I like your optimism and undying faith in LYF, but taking in promotions and filming (series no less which take time!), she would only logically get a few months at most to focus on her studies; I don't care how smart you think she is, it is not possible without help.
    Plus, if she is Stanford-bound, it would make sense for her to start limiting her offers, since I doubt, as much as Stanford likes its applicants famous and rich, it won't be as lenient as BEijing Film in allowing its students to not attend classes like everyone else and traipse around doing promotions.
    I'm not denying anything that she might had help from other people...but all i'm saying is that other actors/actresses had some treatment as well.

well, she did limit her offers. 1 movie + 1 album for 3 years isnt a lot of work.

I'm not denying anything that she might had help from other people...but all i'm saying is that other actors/actresses had some treatment as well.

well, she did limit her offers. 1 movie + 1 album for 3 years isnt a lot of work.
    Why do I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself when talking to you?
    Yes, she had help. Good. Other actresses and actors have help too. Good too. Logical to assume that amt of help is proportional to level of fame and money/connections ==> LYF queen recipient of all help compared to Yang Mi and a lot of other similar actresses/actors, who are not as famous and/or do not have her family connections and wealth.

If you want to make this a very simple conversation, then yes, we can just let it rest that actors get special treatment after they achieve a certain level of fame. There's nuances in everything, but if you want to ignore them, then easy: conversation ended.

And I did mention that she was limiting her offers. You don't need to repeat yourself either.

Why do I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself when talking to you?
    Yes, she had help. Good. Other actresses and actors have help too. Good too. Logical to assume that amt of help is proportional to level of fame and money/connections ==> LYF queen recipient of all help compared to Yang Mi and a lot of other similar actresses/actors.

And I did mention that she was limiting her offers. You don't need to repeat yourself either.
    good. just making sure we're on the same page. plus, making sure others see it as well before writing up 'interesting stuff' on the forum.

GO Yang Mi GO!! Get higher scores than LYF

would be nice to know though. hopefully, ym could catch up with lyf's fame/popularity. want to see them compete with roles in the future even though many haters here disagree.

well...we did hear that ym topped her class for the college entrance exam. that's a start.

woo-hoo! i'm just hoping to see her and sc in a series together for once. two talented actresses together as female leads will surely make a series worth watching for me unless the storyline is bad.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

All slightly popular actresses would no doubt get a little special treatment in school, like the ability to skip some classes now and then, which they have to do so actually to film. But the degree of special treatment varies. With hyped and famous people, they might even graduate w/o taking exms. Given that YM still has to slog, take exams, reject offers so as to study etc, i would say that she has minimal special treatment.

she seems like a normal student to me, just with no times on her hands. She probably films when her classmates are having study breaks or are going out shopping. And she had to take countless flights to and fro beijing simply because the filming location of her latest movie was in another part of china. On days she had exams, she would fly back to beijing. on days she had no papers, she had to fly over to film. the director was actually very lenient and compromising in that she agreed to film YM's scenes to suit her schedule and i suspect the director, Li Shaohong, is particularly sympathising w YM because she also graduated frm Beijing Film.

I dont think LYF did ever take flights to and fro beijing when she was actually filming her series/movies.

I thought u or someone in her thread mentioned that its 1movie and 1 album per yr? But that's reasonable since she can always do that during her summer breaks and all. And i agree w Tei that Stanford, unlike Beijing Film would probably not allow the same privileges such as skipping classes for 3months or skipping exams etc
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-17-06 at 01:42 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i totally admire Yang Mi. i do have a question though. so who's going to stanford? lyf?

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    woo-hoo! i'm just hoping to see her and sc in a series together for once. two talented actresses together as female leads will surely make a series worth watching for me unless the storyline is bad.
    It'll probably delight u to know that Shu Chang had an even higher score thn YM in the college entrance exams and she was a yr younger thn YM when she sat for the exams. But she chose not to enter Beijing Film and entered some other film school instead.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    All slightly popular actresses would no doubt get a little special treatment in school, like the ability to skip some classes now and then, which they have to do so actually to film. But the degree of special treatment varies. With hyped and famous people, they might even graduate w/o taking exms. Given that YM still has to slog, take exams, reject offers so as to study etc, i would say that she has minimal special treatment.

she seems like a normal student to me, just with no times on her hands. She probably films when her classmates are having study breaks or are going out shopping. And she had to take countless flights to and fro beijing simply because the filming location of her latest movie was in another part of china. On days she had exams, she would fly back to beijing. on days she had no papers, she had to fly over to film. the director was actually very lenient and compromising in that she agreed to film YM's scenes to suit her schedule and i suspect the director, Li Shaohong, is particularly sympathising w YM because she also graduated frm Beijing Film.

I dont think LYF did ever take flights to and fro beijing when she was actually filming her series/movies.
    Since this is only your opinion, I'll agree with you. There are unknown facts/sources here.

I thought u or someone in her thread mentioned that its 1movie and 1 album per yr? But that's reasonable since she can always do that during her summer breaks and all. And i agree that Tei that Stanford, unlike Beijing Film would probably not allow the same privileges such as skipping classes for 3months or skipping exams etc
    I believe I did stated 1 movie/1album per year but i was wrong. It's actually 1 movie + 1 album for the 3 years in Stanford. She's making her studies #1 priorities.