Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post

But yeah, GeMi is kinda "old news" for them now...even though FengMi is still going pretty strong, recently the media has decided to stir up rumours about Hawick/YM (probably due to Ru Yi). In fact yesterday all the various media channels released articles about some seriously ridiculous rumours about "WeiMi", treating it like it was fact (which I'm not going to even bother posting here because it's pretty low...YM's fans all seem to be in disagreement over exactly who is behind the rumours this time--usually when all the major media companies release identical "news" at the same time it's a sign of more than just a random reporter making up something to get attention ). It's actually making me kind of dread "Ru Yi" being aired because you just know the rumours are going to get worse. >_<
    The Hawick/YM rumors published by several major media companies are just soo ridiculous. Any sane fan of either of them will know the utter falseness of rumors. I'm just really curious about who's the mastermind behind the rumors this time. I think it's too early to stir up rumors for RuYi. When is that drama airing anyway? Early next year after Gong 2? I honestly think if YM's negative rumors continue this way, her reputation is gonna take a major blow. Actually, it's already hurting from all the insane rumors. When I browse around Chinese cyberspace, I feel like the YM hate is really strong, so strong that it's sorta frightening to me. Even her father is pissed off at all the negative publicity she's getting. He just wrote a curt comment on weibo expressing his anger. Fortunately, her fans are super devoted to her.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 12-29-11 at 03:46 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

why is she getting so much hate? she's the hardest working actress of her generation who had to make it big on her own. she had no company or billionaire to back her up and throw scripts in her direction; she had to act in whatever poorly put production she could as she was blacklisted just to finally get recognition. who is the culprit who is out to destroy her by spreading these nasty rumors.

hmmm...time for fsf to step in and defend his damsel in distress. so he finally admits to having pursued ym. is this for real?

anyhow, i really want another gemi series...i might as well give up hoping. perhaps i can only hope that her movies do really well to prove haters wrong. and if anything, i hope her fans grow daily and outvoice the haters.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I still loveeeee YM!!!

Beijing Love Story 30 sec preview:

17min Trailer (I'm sure most of you have already seen this): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWOHKZRiVPk
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    why is she getting so much hate? she's the hardest working actress of her generation who had to make it big on her own. she had no company or billionaire to back her up and throw scripts in her direction; she had to act in whatever poorly put production she could as she was blacklisted just to finally get recognition. who is the culprit who is out to destroy her by spreading these nasty rumors.

perhaps i can only hope that her movies do really well to prove haters wrong. and if anything, i hope her fans grow daily and outvoice the haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    The Hawick/YM rumors published by several major media companies are just soo ridiculous. Any sane fan of either of them will know the utter falseness of rumors. I'm just really curious about who's the mastermind behind the rumors this time. I think it's too early to stir up rumors for RuYi. When is that drama airing anyway? Early next year after Gong 2? I honestly think if YM's negative rumors continue this way, her reputation is gonna take a major blow. Actually, it's already hurting from all the insane rumors. When I browse around Chinese cyberspace, I feel like the YM hate is really strong, so strong that it's sorta frightening to me.
    True...well, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, if it's for "Ru Yi" at least there's a purpose to these stupid rumours. If it's by other companies/organizations...well then it really is just malicious. Anyways I have seen YM's fans speculate about at least 5 different sources that could be behind it but we'll never know of course... As for all the hate, it is pretty much a given that there will be strong haters for any popular actress. (Although in YM's case she certainly isn't helped by the constant nasty rumours--seriously I don't think I've seen anyone else get it this bad--they've pretty much covered it all: attacking her looks via plastic surgery rumours, insulting her character via the diva/b*tchy personality rumours, linking her with random guys, etc.)

That's why I love CCTV so much--unlike the other major media channels, CCTV is always very fact-based and will not publish ridiculous news that is obviously false. You can bet most of their stuff is truthful! Not only do they often talk a lot about Yang Mi's actual work projects (instead of these gossip pieces), they sometimes even defend her against the rumours. The only time they get "ba gua" is when it comes to FengMi...and hey, who can blame them for that, lol! (And even then they don't get overly-gossipy--they just like to report on the two and add cute little fangirly commentary/captions that isn't over-the-line. )

But it's also important to remember: I think the strong haters are always more vocal online so it's not always a reflection of reality. Especially on some sites, I swear all the people who leave comments must be super bitter, jealous, and/or spiteful towards everything and everyone! I was once reading a really heartwarming article about Jiang Qinqin, her husband, and their son...I scrolled down to the comments and a whole bunch were attacking JQQ. T_T (And if what some people say is true...half of those haters are hired "shui jun" anyways...)

Anyways at the end of the day it doesn't really matter--YM still has way more devoted fans that will support her. Plus as an actress, the most important thing is getting recognition for your acting and getting good roles/offers. Many entertainment people have nothing but good things to say about her, with directors being supportive of her/saying they want to work with her. e.g. recently on weibo one YM-hater left a message on Pang Ho-Cheung (director of "Love in the Buff")'s weibo, asking him why he chose Yang Mi to act in the movie, calling her "fei zhu liu", and saying they hoped she wasn't going to ruin the entire movie. ("Fei zhu liu" basically means "not a proper actor"...I have to laugh at this one considering that out of the young popular stars today, Yang Mi is probably the one who has acted in the most "zhu liu" i.e. "proper" dramas--including 4 CCTV dramas (although only 2 have aired), "Hong Lou Meng", "ROCH", BJAQGS, etc; though it's true that her two most popular series were indeed "fei zhu liu"). The director actually replied saying: "I asked Yang Mi [to be in the movie], it is because I like her. True, 'DMGD' is quite a frightening movie (apart from the fact that it's a horror move). But I believe she has her potential, you will see a different side of her in the movie."
    Last edited by mango_cake; 12-29-11 at 11:27 PM.

Back to news!

"Da Wudang" filmng officially completed!!!

Yang Mi posted this pic of the cast, thanking everyone and saying she is sad to leave everyone:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/473df571jw1dojgo23gwqj.jpg')

(I wonder if the girl in the front row is her body double?? She is wearing the exact same outfit as Yang Mi!)

Apparently they are having a celebratory dinner but I don't know if Yang Mi has time to make it. Funnily enough, FSF completed filming of his current movie ("Tai Ji", in which he stars along with Angelababy and Eddie Peng) at pretty much the same time. Well, finally Yang Mi can go back to concentrating on just one movie ("Vanishing Bullet" filming continues through January but is expected to finish before the Chinese New Year)! Can't wait to hear what other projects she has lined up afterwards! I believe she did say that next year she is going to slow down her pace a bit (thank god...although I kinda don't blame her for picking up so many projects in 2011 because she had to juggle all her prior commitments and also try to take on as many of the good new projects as she could, that were offered to her after the success of "Gong").

Album updates:

Half the songs on her album have just been released for listen. Unfortunately, the only one I think is decent is "刺猬的拥抱" ("Porcupine Hug"). This is the one written by Eason Chan and can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_bNRlWLUbc (her vocals are still weak but at least the song is not bad). My favourite so far is still "Hai Guo De Qu" (theme song for "Perfect Two").

Anyways I hope to dear god "Porcupine Hug" is her second single because the rest of the songs (uploaded by the same person as above, if you really want to hear it) range from very forgettable and boring "bubblegum pop"...to unbelievably and incredibly annoyingly childish hot messes. Including one song that has no lyrics but consists entirely of, I kid you not, "la la la" and "da da da" (quite fittingly named, "La la la" $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tieba.baidu.com/tb/editor/images/jd/j_0004.gif')). Seriously. (It was a significant test of my patience getting through that song... 2nd place for "most annoying song" goes to one called "Ding Dong" (which at least has some lyrics, but as you can imagine, a repetitive "ding dong" features significantly T_T).

I can only hope the 5 as-of-yet unreleased songs are much better and more along the lines of "Hai Guo De Qu" or "Porcupine Hug". Please no more "La la la" stuff that would put me to sleep if it weren't so irritating. x_x

Not gonna lie, I am pretty disappointed so far...I wasn't expecting anything amazing but I had more-or-less liked her previous songs ("Ai De Gong Yang", "Liu Li Yue") and thought she did a decent job with her cover versions of "Ming Yue" and "Tan Jing Lian", so any song along those lines I would've thought would be successful. Sigh. Oh well, apparently the music company is targeting a younger age group with this album or something...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 12-29-11 at 11:22 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/770f76e1tw1dojwlvrr32j.jpg')

Well at least I'm definitely not complaining about the lovely pics we're getting from her album! XD (Ok seriously what is her secret to having those lively/sparkly eyes ALL THE TIME??!!)

Anyways what did I just say about CCTV being awesome??? Apparently CCTV's "China Movie Report" will be doing a special New Year's feature on Jan. 2, on the top actresses in 2011, and the list includes: Fan Bingbing, Li Binging, Cecilia Cheung, Vicki Zhao, Lin Chiling, Yang Mi, Yan Ni, Yao Chen, Zhou Xun, Tang Wei, and Shu Qi. I'm surprised they included her along with all the older and much more established/famous/experienced actresses! Especially considering she has just barely entered the movie scene (with really only one movie released, which let's face it, was a pretty horrendous-quality and low-budget/cheap horror movie even if it was a box office hit).

Man those people over at CCTV-6 really love Yang Mi! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tieba.baidu.com/tb/editor/images/jd/j_0003.gif')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 12-30-11 at 01:18 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/jjss08/2d5bdb8863b6d1c4a4c2729c-1.jpg')

On the January cover of "Entertainment Circle" magazine:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4fe3de02jw1doktrpnxkxj.jpg')

More from album photoshoot:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dokpbeh4kcj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dokt6isdsuj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1doktyo0736j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dokw0qzpz0j.jpg')

One of her fans actually did make a "calendar" using all her album photos: http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/5c362463jw1dokulmmuc1j.jpg

Yang Mi at another "Bo Si Deng" promo event, this time in Shenyang. (Well the fans in Northeast China must be thrilled, she's made a lot of stops in the area lately for Bo Si Deng since it's the coldest region in China--temps apparently hit -20C there! FSF also made a few stops in the region since, as I mentioned before, he also signed on to promote winter coats for a different subdivision of the company...now what I'm more interested in is, when are these two going to be at the same event at the same time? Or, I will totally settle for a photoshoot of them together modeling the winter coats! )

She seems to be in very good spirits! ^_^

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7148e8a0gw1dokoy8pqf9j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/477e771btw1dokodqb0qwj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dokyqiqs8jj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4d39b4batw1doknvaagmrj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4c85a08btw1dokp20kfzjj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/76c4f1ebjw1dokprcmjb9j.jpg')

Just uploaded Yang Mi's "Zui Jia Xian Chang" interview which was recorded Dec. 05 I believe--this is the one that includes an interview with her dad revealing all the FengMi tidbits! (Sorry, for FengMi fans--I am having trouble uploading FSF's early December interview which also includes tons of cute FengMi stuff...I'll try again tonight and post here when it's up!)

Subs to come soon...

YM discusses her filming experiences, her professional attitude towards work, her extremely high workload, and her recent venture into singing. Also features a special letter from her father and a few short interview clips with him. After the "Zui Jia Xian Chang" clip, a news report from "Yule Xian Chang" (with more complete footage of YM's dad's interview) is included.

FengMi highlights begin @21:40 (I have to just squee over FengMi for a bit more, bear with me non-shippers...)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    hmmm...time for fsf to step in and defend his damsel in distress.
    Haha I would bet he wants to but it's kinda awkward for him to refute these rumours...LOL. Can you imagine that, the media would have a field day with all the stories they could write! I just wish Yang Mi herself would be more proactive in refuting the rumours, but oh well...she has said a couple times that she doesn't want to waste her time on these silly things when she could be doing more useful stuff. (I know it's awful but I actually do kinda hope the reporters ask her about this in her next interview just to see YM shoot the rumours down, lol. )

However, I do find it hilarious that her dad is so enraged over these Hawick/YM rumours (although perhaps they are more damaging?), yet he apparently has zero problem with the FengMi rumours and in fact adds "gas to the fire" with his "YM should just get married to FSF" jokes and "we totally hang out with FSF's parents!!!" reveal, lmao... (If YM/FSF aren't actually dating, I feel really sorry for YM's future boyfriend...her parents would probably be constantly comparing the poor guy to FSF, thinking he's not good enough, and telling her to date FSF instead, bwahaha. Actually poor YM, for that matter--I almost think her parents would take FSF's side if they ever have an argument, heh. Oh wait--except FSF already said that if they do have the rare argument, he's always the one who relents and appeases her ...as we witnessed during their HuaBiao little lover's spat when YM pretended to be angry at FSF for "ignoring her" and he proceeded to chase her back! ^_^ Well YM might have FSF wrapped around her finger, but it looks like FSF definitely has her parents wrapped around his.

so he finally admits to having pursued ym. is this for real?
    That's the thing, I only half-believe it because it was merely written in an article, i.e. we don't have actual video evidence (and considering all the crazy rumours the Chinese media often make up, I am always hesitant to fully believe something unless I see it with my own eyes). On the one hand, I find it hard to believe FSF would admit that...but on the other hand, he has shocked me many times in the past with stuff he said in interviews or posted on his weibo! So, who knows...so, I'll try to reserve judgment on this until we get video of it. ^_^ Honestly though, I think you'd be blind to not notice that he has pursued YM over the last year, heheh...it wouldn't be too hard for a reporter to pull up some pretty damning evidence that he can't refute--just like Li Jing did during his "Up Close" interview when he finally admitted that he was a "FengMi shipper", lmao...(sorry, that just gets me all the time--I guess he didn't want to outright say he liked YM so he phrased it as "I was at one point a FengMi shipper too" . I mean, it's such a "fan term"--you don't expect a celebrity to outright say they are a member of a shipper group involving themselves, bwahaha...)

I just preordered Close To Me despite the negative reviews and the fact that I already have half the songs on my ipod. I hope it at least comes with a poster

Quote Originally Posted by 13tnttn101 View Post
    I just preordered Close To Me despite the negative reviews and the fact that I already have half the songs on my ipod. I hope it at least comes with a poster
    can people in the US buy it??

Anyways I hope to dear god "Porcupine Hug" is her second single because the rest of the songs (uploaded by the same person as above, if you really want to hear it) range from very forgettable and boring "bubblegum pop"...to unbelievably and incredibly annoyingly childish hot messes. Including one song that has no lyrics but consists entirely of, I kid you not, "la la la" and "da da da" (quite fittingly named, "La la la" $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tieba.baidu.com/tb/editor/images/jd/j_0004.gif')). Seriously. (It was a significant test of my patience getting through that song... 2nd place for "most annoying song" goes to one called "Ding Dong" (which at least has some lyrics, but as you can imagine, a repetitive "ding dong" features significantly T_T).

I can only hope the 5 as-of-yet unreleased songs are much better and more along the lines of "Hai Guo De Qu" or "Porcupine Hug". Please no more "La la la" stuff that would put me to sleep if it weren't so irritating. x_x

Not gonna lie, I am pretty disappointed so far...I wasn't expecting anything amazing but I had more-or-less liked her previous songs ("Ai De Gong Yang", "Liu Li Yue") and thought she did a decent job with her cover versions of "Ming Yue" and "Tan Jing Lian", so any song along those lines I would've thought would be successful. Sigh. Oh well, apparently the music company is targeting a younger age group with this album or something...
    I don't think that it's that disappointed... I don't like "bubblegum pop" kind of songs either, but I find her songs are okay. Not as annoying... maybe it's her unique high cutesy voice )

Just want to post this on YM's thread for GeMi fan.... Enjoy

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz1/christina_her/HG/cfffg.jpg')

^ Heehee...also bringing this over from HG's thread:

I bring you all a gif of that moment: (made by a GeMi fan)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/629e6fc8gw1dombmwfmddg.gif')

And also a close-up focus on them: (both intently focused on the stage this time though instead of joking around with each other)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6f010db7jw1dom2hfbqunj.jpg')

(It always strikes me how sharp both their noses are...reminds me of that CP3 incident during their kiss scene where HG's nose bumped into YM's because both of their's were too high, and he made her nose bleed! )

There's also a series of pics showing that Yang Mi shook HG's hand when he went up to receive his award (he also apparently shook hands with Ming Dao too, I think they were all sitting pretty close to each other?) but they're pretty blurry and it's hard to make out YM.

Also found this hilarious: I didn't watch the broadcast myself but apparently, YM's award was at the very end of the event. During the segment when YM talks about FSF (after they post up the FengMi/GeMi/WeiMi pics on the screen), Anhui TV quickly cuts to a shot of HG looking very unhappy in the audience. However, reports from some people state that by that time, most people (including HG) had already left (i.e. they just stuck that shot of HG in the middle at the wrong time to give the wrong impression)..looks like Anhui TV is just getting all "ba gua" and trying to stir up stuff, haha.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 01-01-12 at 10:38 PM.

Two more album pics: ^_^

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dom05i2mcoj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dom4itvow3j.jpg')

Also found this hilarious: I didn't watch the broadcast myself but apparently, YM's award was at the very end of the event. During the segment when YM talks about FSF (after they post up the FengMi/GeMi/WeiMi pics on the screen), Anhui TV quickly cuts to a shot of HG looking very unhappy in the audience. However, reports from some people state that by that time, most people (including HG) had already left (i.e. they just stuck that shot of HG in the middle at the wrong time to give the wrong impression)..looks like Anhui TV is just getting all "ba gua" and trying to stir up stuff, haha.
    Hmmm....unless Anhui changed the sequence of the awards being presented from the actual award show and the broadcast one, in the broadcast show, YM's award was actually presented before HG got his award and sang the themesong for BBJX (the broadcast show). So, he should still be there when she got her award and them showing GeMi's picture. But what I noticed when watching the show was that they randomly show the face of stars in the audience whether they're watching the current performance or not. If you watched a lot of fancam and the actual broadcast show, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Here is the link to the full show: http://www.ahtv.cn/v/xcph/2011/11/gj...-01763988.html

YM's award was (1:35:00) and HG's award (2:23:00)
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-01-12 at 11:01 PM.

Yang Mi performing at a New Year's show:

(Not sure which one this is but apparently she performed 2 songs, "ADGY" and "Yi Xiang Ji", at midnight; funny how she did the opening performance for Anhui's show which was also broadcasted New Year's eve, and then here she does one of the last shows)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/8104d06djw1don5v8knbhj.jpg')