Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It All Started With A Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    Sure no problem. You know, when i came across those pictures, i also read that the manga-ka, Tada Kaoru, died unexpectedly and so the manga was left unfinished. So i wasn't sure if the manga actually continued past them getting married. I wonder where it was left off.
    beanybeans, I`m sorry to interrupt your conversation with ellledubs , I just want to give you some info regarding the last volume of the manga...

As you explained it, the last volume (volume 23) is uncompleted because the author suddenly died. In Japan there was a persistant rumour going around about a 24th volume by Tada Kaoru's assistant, but the truth is... the manga really does end at volume 23...

You will find more details if you click on this link (I think I have already mentionned this site in one of my earlier post) : http://www.suki-desu.com/itazuranaki..._thetruth.html

In fact, the 10 first volumes of the manga relate the romance between Kotoko and Naoki BEFORE their marriage, and the rest of the volumes tell about their life AFTER their marriage.
    "Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
    - Rudyard Kipling

Oh i see. I have yet to see them look more mature then.
    Do you know that the producer appears several times in disguise in the series? Try to notice him if you can... ha, ha, it will be like playing Where's Wally?
    - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by lysil
    Do you know that the producer appears several times in disguise in the series? Try to notice him if you can... ha, ha, it will be like playing Where's Wally?
    hjahaha, yea, I watched the ISWAK special on youtube and realized that! I thot he was the director? But I guess he's theproducer.. anyway, it's so funny, he's the lady on the bus that gets ah jin in trouble and he's also the guy who pretends to be gay with zhi shu is xq's dream! hahaha, so funny. where else does he appear?

lysil, you are definitely welcome in this conversation with beanybeans, no need to apologize!

I actually later came across a site for some summaries of the manga today and according to that, the manga really does start off with a love letter that she's been meaning to give to him. Yeah, the English title is deceiving. I think the Japanese title translates to the "teasing kiss." So it's similar to the Chinese title then.

Thanks for the recommendations. I tried the chinkymovies site before when you had mentioned it in the Jimmy forum but i went ahead and stuck with downloading the torrent from d-addicts instead since the ones there are all high quality. It takes a little long to download but since i like the series quite a bit, i'll make the sacrifice. Each file is like 700MB as opposed to 200-something MB. So i guess i won't even try to find dvds for this series then since it sounds like the English subtitles are pretty bad. I like the series to want to buy it but maybe i'll just stick with what i have on my computer. The English subtitles are good for the version that i'm downloading. The group did a pretty good job. There might be some minor errors here and there but nothing like literal translations of names. Now that's pretty bad. Hmm, maybe one day i'll research into how to convert avi files to something that's playable on my stand-alone dvd player.
    yea, d-addicts is the best if you want super good qual..that's where my lil brother downloaded from too.
    it's definitely worth the wait for the download!

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    hjahaha, yea, I watched the ISWAK special on youtube and realized that! I thot he was the director? But I guess he's theproducer.. anyway, it's so funny, he's the lady on the bus that gets ah jin in trouble and he's also the guy who pretends to be gay with zhi shu is xq's dream! hahaha, so funny. where else does he appear?
    *embarrassed* Maybe he`s actually the director... I don`t really get the difference between a producer & a director, so I just said it like this... Hmmm, I don`t think that he appears anywhere else... But just to remember those 2 scenes is enough to make me laugh... ha, ha...
    - Rudyard Kipling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beanybeans
    I actually later came across a site for some summaries of the manga today and according to that, the manga really does start off with a love letter that she's been meaning to give to him. Yeah, the English title is deceiving. I think the Japanese title translates to the "teasing kiss." So it's similar to the Chinese title then.

Thanks for the recommendations. I tried the chinkymovies site before when you had mentioned it in the Jimmy forum but i went ahead and stuck with downloading the torrent from d-addicts instead since the ones there are all high quality. It takes a little long to download but since i like the series quite a bit, i'll make the sacrifice. Each file is like 700MB as opposed to 200-something MB. So i guess i won't even try to find dvds for this series then since it sounds like the English subtitles are pretty bad. I like the series to want to buy it but maybe i'll just stick with what i have on my computer. The English subtitles are good for the version that i'm downloading. The group did a pretty good job. There might be some minor errors here and there but nothing like literal translations of names. Now that's pretty bad. Hmm, maybe one day i'll research into how to convert avi files to something that's playable on my stand-alone dvd player.

yea, d-addicts is the best if you want super good qual..that's where my lil brother downloaded from too.
    it's definitely worth the wait for the download!

Could anyone help me how to download the movie from d-addict website to a DVD? I really like to see this movie, but I don't know how to download from d-addict. Thanks,

*embarrassed* Maybe he`s actually the director... I don`t really get the difference between a producer & a director, so I just said it like this... Hmmm, I don`t think that he appears anywhere else... But just to remember those 2 scenes is enough to make me laugh... ha, ha...
    Have you watched the ISWAK special? Did know that only 4 kisses were scripted and all the other ones were just like, improvised and put in by Joe and Ariel? hahaha it's kinda funny.. cuz they kissed many times at the wedding too!

lysil, you are definitely welcome in this conversation with beanybeans, no need to apologize!
    That's what i was thinking too. You're too courteous, lysil.

beanybeans, I`m sorry to interrupt your conversation with ellledubs , I just want to give you some info regarding the last volume of the manga...

As you explained it, the last volume (volume 23) is uncompleted because the author suddenly died. In Japan there was a persistant rumour going around about a 24th volume by Tada Kaoru's assistant, but the truth is... the manga really does end at volume 23...

You will find more details if you click on this link (I think I have already mentionned this site in one of my earlier post) : http://www.suki-desu.com/itazuranaki..._thetruth.html

In fact, the 10 first volumes of the manga relate the romance between Kotoko and Naoki BEFORE their marriage, and the rest of the volumes tell about their life AFTER their marriage.
    Thanks, lysil. I actually came across that site while i was doing my search but i haven't had a chance to really check it out yet.

Oh, that's very interesting. I think i might've seen what the director or producer (whichever one he is) in one of the youtube interviews. I haven't seen the gay dream sequence yet but i'll be sure to look out for it. That bus scene with Jin was really funny. Can someone post a link to maybe a youtube interview so i can see what he looks like? Whenever i watch these things, they're never translated into English so when the people aren't one of the actors, i have no idea who the heck they are.

Oh, that's very interesting. I think i might've seen what the director or producer (whichever one he is) in one of the youtube interviews. I haven't seen the gay dream sequence yet but i'll be sure to look out for it. That bus scene with Jin was really funny. Can someone post a link to maybe a youtube interview so i can see what he looks like? Whenever i watch these things, they're never translated into English so when the people aren't one of the actors, i have no idea who the heck they are.
    Here is the link to the ISWAK special (it's got 9 parts). It's very funny and touching. And yes, the director is one of the guests on it (so you can see what he looks like), along with the other actors. tell me what you guys think!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UqAajK-g4rk

Quote Originally Posted by annette
    Could anyone help me how to download the movie from d-addict website to a DVD? I really like to see this movie, but I don't know how to download from d-addict. Thanks,
    When you go to d-addicts.com, you can search for the It Started with a Kiss torrent by typing in the name of the series in the torrent search box. When you find the one you want, just click on the "download" link for the specific torrent (but if you need specific info on what you're about to download, then just click on the name of the series/file itself and you can read people's comments). You can either save the torrent onto your computer or open it. If you save it onto your computer, you'll just have to double-click on it after it downloads. Either way, you'll need to download a bittorrent client/program to download the actual episode/series via the torrent. I'm using utorrent at the moment (www.utorrent.com). So once you have the bittorent program, double-clicking on the saved torrent file or opening it from the download link will open up the bittorent program and allow you to download the episodes and save them wherever on your computer.

Right now i'm just watching the downloaded avi files on my computer. I'm not exactly sure how to put these files onto a dvd yet and be able to watch them through my dvd player.

Here is the link to the ISWAK special (it's got 9 parts). It's very funny and touching. And yes, the director is one of the guests on it (so you can see what he looks like), along with the other actors. tell me what you guys think!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UqAajK-g4rk

ps. it's got english subs!!!

ps. it's got english subs!!!
    English subs too? Wowsers, thanks, ellledubs. I'll have to check it out later.

And one more thing, are there any other youtube links with English subtitles? Or if not, then maybe those anyone would recommend watching?

And one more thing, are there any other youtube links with English subtitles? Or if not, then maybe those anyone would recommend watching?
    Depends.. links to wut videos? I'm not sure what you're lookin' for.. lemme know and I'll try to find some for you!

y'know, I was just thinking, Ariel Lin is quite lucky (love her as an actress!) She's had the chance to work with so many star actors. She's worked twice with Mike He, and will be working twice with Joe Cheng AND Hu Ge. Next thing you know, she's working with Jimmy! (I hope so one day)

Lysil, something else to look for that I've noticed.. sometimes Joe bites his lip to keep himself from laughing. The gay dream scene with the director is an example. I think he's trying very very hard not to laugh there. hahaha

Depends.. links to wut videos? I'm not sure what you're lookin' for.. lemme know and I'll try to find some for you!

y'know, I was just thinking, Ariel Lin is quite lucky (love her as an actress!) She's had the chance to work with so many star actors. She's worked twice with Mike He, and will be working twice with Joe Cheng AND Hu Ge. Next thing you know, she's working with Jimmy! (I hope so one day)

Lysil, something else to look for that I've noticed.. sometimes Joe bites his lip to keep himself from laughing. The gay dream scene with the director is an example. I think he's trying very very hard not to laugh there. hahaha
    Umm, anything related to ISWAK. Nothing in particular, i guess. And i always like seeing how actors interact with each other in interviews. But i heard that Ariel is pretty serious whereas Joe is more goofy in real life. That's interesting considering it's the complete opposite in the series. Anyway, anything you think is worth watching. Thanks, ellledubs.

Ariel is really lucky. I don't know who Mike He is (which series did she do with him?) but i do like Hu Ge and Joe Cheng. Must be nice! When i first saw her pics, i didn't really care for her but after watching ISWAK, i think she's really cute. Hmm, Ariel and Jimmy huh? That would be interesting. I like Ariel and all but i'm not sure if i would be interested in seeing that pairing.

It always makes me laugh when i see actors trying to hold back from laughing. You can see that they're having a good time filming. It sure makes me envious at times. Must be nice!

Umm, anything related to ISWAK. Nothing in particular, i guess. And i always like seeing how actors interact with each other in interviews. But i heard that Ariel is pretty serious whereas Joe is more goofy in real life. That's interesting considering it's the complete opposite in the series. Anyway, anything you think is worth watching. Thanks, ellledubs.

Ariel is really lucky. I don't know who Mike He is (which series did she do with him?) but i do like Hu Ge and Joe Cheng. Must be nice! When i first saw her pics, i didn't really care for her but after watching ISWAK, i think she's really cute. Hmm, Ariel and Jimmy huh? That would be interesting. I like Ariel and all but i'm not sure if i would be interested in seeing that pairing.

It always makes me laugh when i see actors trying to hold back from laughing. You can see that they're having a good time filming. It sure makes me envious at times. Must be nice!
    Mike He was in Love Contract with Ariel and I think Turning 17? (Love at 17.. something like that). I haven't watched either though but I think Love Contract was somewhat good cuz the two have done commercials together too. I heard Ariel's character in Love Contract is extremely different than in ISWAK and people are so impressed by her acting when they watch the two. I know Mike He because of Devil Beside You, a series with him and Rainie Yang. (It was ok lah, not that great.. I got bored with it but made myself watch it all). Anyway, Mike He is kinda cute. He's good good friends with Joe Cheng because they both host an e-show together.

hmmm.. yea, I don't think Ariel should pair up with Jimmy now that I come to think of it.. I dunno.. cuz I think Ariel is kind of "too cute" for him? I don't know how to explain it.. cuz Ariel looks really young.. but yea, I duno, would be interesting though. All actors who have worked with Ariel seem to get along with her. They all think she's got great talent.

From the interviews I've watched, I don't think Ariel's that serious. She's actually quite bubbly and smiley. She's also got a maturity to her though. She's just not as crazy and hyperactive as Joe is. Joe's super krazy, but I kind of think it's funny and I'm glad he can be himself... which is so opposite of Zhi Shu. haha

I will look for some youtube links for you with english subs. There's a video of Joe and Ariel hosting an e-show together and it's super funny (this was before ISWAK) but I don't know if there are subs.. too bad. Do you understand some mandarin or just none? Do you just prefer the english subs? I will be on the lookout for you.

Mike He was in Love Contract with Ariel and I think Turning 17? (Love at 17.. something like that). I haven't watched either though but I think Love Contract was somewhat good cuz the two have done commercials together too. I heard Ariel's character in Love Contract is extremely different than in ISWAK and people are so impressed by her acting when they watch the two. I know Mike He because of Devil Beside You, a series with him and Rainie Yang. (It was ok lah, not that great.. I got bored with it but made myself watch it all). Anyway, Mike He is kinda cute. He's good good friends with Joe Cheng because they both host an e-show together.

hmmm.. yea, I don't think Ariel should pair up with Jimmy now that I come to think of it.. I dunno.. cuz I think Ariel is kind of "too cute" for him? I don't know how to explain it.. cuz Ariel looks really young.. but yea, I duno, would be interesting though. All actors who have worked with Ariel seem to get along with her. They all think she's got great talent.

From the interviews I've watched, I don't think Ariel's that serious. She's actually quite bubbly and smiley. She's also got a maturity to her though. She's just not as crazy and hyperactive as Joe is. Joe's super krazy, but I kind of think it's funny and I'm glad he can be himself... which is so opposite of Zhi Shu. haha

I will look for some youtube links for you with english subs. There's a video of Joe and Ariel hosting an e-show together and it's super funny (this was before ISWAK) but I don't know if there are subs.. too bad. Do you understand some mandarin or just none? Do you just prefer the english subs? I will be on the lookout for you.
    So what's the name of the e-show that Joe and Mike do together?

I think i know what you mean. Ariel does look a bit young for Jimmy. Yang Mi looks young too but i would be intrigued to see something with her and Jimmy. But i guess you never know people's chemistry until you actually watch them.

I think it's cool that Joe is "crazy." I've never really seen him in anything so i can only relate to his Jiang Zhi Shu character. I'm glad to know he's no where near as cold as his character is.

Speaking of commercials, did Joe and Ariel do any together? Any MVs?

Nope, i don't understand Chinese in general. I can make out words like "I", "you," "love," and other random words but i don't understand anything else. What about you? I think your main dialect is Cantonese, right? In terms of stuff to watch, having English subtitles would be nice but it doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy being able to watch this stuff even though i live in the States. I like seeing the interaction and chemistry between people. So i wouldn't mind seeing that e-show Joe and Ariel did together. I guess whatever you've watched on youtube and recommend is perfectly fine. I'm very easy-going. I still have yet to watch that ISWAK special you had posted a while back. Anyway, thanks a lot, ellledubs!

So what's the name of the e-show that Joe and Mike do together?

I think i know what you mean. Ariel does look a bit young for Jimmy. Yang Mi looks young too but i would be intrigued to see something with her and Jimmy. But i guess you never know people's chemistry until you actually watch them.

I think it's cool that Joe is "crazy." I've never really seen him in anything so i can only relate to his Jiang Zhi Shu character. I'm glad to know he's no where near as cold as his character is.

Speaking of commercials, did Joe and Ariel do any together? Any MVs?

Nope, i don't understand Chinese in general. I can make out words like "I", "you," "love," and other random words but i don't understand anything else. What about you? I think your main dialect is Cantonese, right? In terms of stuff to watch, having English subtitles would be nice but it doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy being able to watch this stuff even though i live in the States. I like seeing the interaction and chemistry between people. So i wouldn't mind seeing that e-show Joe and Ariel did together. I guess whatever you've watched on youtube and recommend is perfectly fine. I'm very easy-going. I still have yet to watch that ISWAK special you had posted a while back. Anyway, thanks a lot, ellledubs!
    Actually, my main dialect is chowjownese, it's a smaller dialect (chao zhou hua), similar to taiwanese so I understand taiwanese pretty well. I also speak mandarin and cantonese too.

The e-show with mike and joe is called E-show I think. haha, that's the english name I've seen for it. Or E-news or something like that. anyone know?

here are a few links for you, but no subs for these ones, sorry

Ariel and Joe hosting e-news together (before they did ISWAK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91VwDwcbt4

Ariel and Joe in the MV "Practical Joke":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvKUiNvaFoc

I'm finding as I watch more interviews and stuff that Ariel looks prettier outside of her shows. She's way prettier than her characters in ISWAK and TWFX.