Thread: Did Wong Yung's soft body armor save her from Kau Cheen Yan?

Default Did Wong Yung's soft body armor save her from Kau Cheen Yan?

Wong Yung was critically wounded by Kau Cheen Yan's Iron Palm, but was not instantly killed. She was able to survive until she could be healed by South Emperor 1 Deng's 1 Yeung Finger energy. Did the soft body armor play a role in preventing her from being killed instantly after being stricken by the Iron Palm?

I'm not sure how "Iron" his palm really was... but I'm sure the pain must have (by his intention or not) made him pull back a bit.

On another note... how would a western doctor heal this type of injury? Can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    On another note... how would a western doctor heal this type of injury? Can they?
    Surgery, probably. It's Western medicine's solution for all internal injuries.

I'm not sure how "Iron" his palm really was... but I'm sure the pain must have (by his intention or not) made him pull back a bit.
    He wouldn't have pulled back until after the fatal impact, however.

Kau Cheen Yan's hands were indeed hurt by the impact with Wong Yung's armor, but evidently not too badly because he immediately was able to counter a Hong Lung 18 Palms strike by Gwok Jing.

But so much organ damage, nothing much surgery can do. Blood transfusion. Drugs to stop bleeding, but wuxia medicine are capable of this too?

this type of surgery several centuries ago? o.O

Organ transplants???

... wrong thread...
    Last edited by TripleXL; 01-12-06 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleXL
    More or less the most detailed summary of the whole series:

http://hkadb.net/info/Jewel_In_The_Palace
    uh... are you sure you posted that in the right thread?

I don't really remember but I think because KCY struck the soft body armor, the power of his palm diminished somewhat. He instinctively pulled back his hand from the pain caused by the needles. Also, HR's internal power has significantly increased due to practicing 9Yin. All this combined ensure her no instant death.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

The index truncated the title of this thread to "Did Wong Yung's soft body......". Clicked on it immediately, and then.................

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    The index truncated the title of this thread to "Did Wong Yung's soft body......". Clicked on it immediately, and then.................
    I bet you’ve been praying all along for a thread titled “Huang Yaoshi’s soft body…” Come on, just admit it! I know you did, you sick (beep)…

On topic: QQR should’ve used Pikong Shenzhang (Palm-blast through air) to sort out Huang Rong, if he had reached a high enough level like the other Greats there shouldn’t be much trouble in causing great damage at a distant. Otherwise had it been a real-life situation, the needles would’ve cut off his flexor tendons and what a way to end his training in Iron Palm.

Gosh no. Western medicine in the past were absolute useless. Not until the crusades did they slowly develop and excel to become what they are now. Sorry I missinterpreted your question, thought you referred to modern western medicine.

Not sure about organ transplants, cause abdominal organs generally heal rather well and replaces itself or can do without sections of it.

BTW where was Huang rong hit? Chest or abdomen or back?

Gosh no. Western medicine in the past were absolute useless. Not until the crusades did they slowly develop and excel to become what they are now. Sorry I missinterpreted your question, thought you referred to modern western medicine.

Not sure about organ transplants, cause abdominal organs generally heal rather well and replaces itself or can do without sections of it.

BTW where was Huang rong hit? Chest or abdomen or back?

Don't you guys know the ONLY way to heal someone in wuxia is to put your palms flat against the person's back and activate your internal energy? After a while the person'll cough up some blood and viola he or she is magically cured. No need for such barbarism as surgery!
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Quote Originally Posted by Siven
    Don't you guys know the ONLY way to heal someone in wuxia is to put your palms flat against the person's back and activate your internal energy? After a while the person'll cough up some blood and viola he or she is magically cured. No need for such barbarism as surgery!
    Of course, if the wounded is a girl, and the healer has romantic notions but is a true gentleman, the healing will either require palms against a naked back, or sometimes in front.

Yes, WY would have died without the armor. She was laughing all the while the real KCY (whom she thought was the fake one) was launching his attack, so she would have absorbed the full impact of his palm, which be sufficient to kill anyone who didn't protect their bodies with chi.
    This account is retired.

That's interesting. Wearing the armor saved her from certain death from iron sand palm. Yet, if she didnt wear the armor, QQR might not have hit her as she may have avoided the palm (even when thinking it's from QQR's brother than the real thing), i.e. she would not have stayed put to intentionally prick the elder brother's hand.

Whether she can dodge the palm is another matter.