Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FLYING FOX OF THE SNOWY MOUNTAIN 2006

It's strange.. cause Giliians's role, is suppose to be a plain and not attractive girl. I think she is alil too cute to play that role

Correction, i meant Ady has a VASE role. U don't see much of her character development and this is why this role might not do justice to her skills. but Wong Jing, if he butchers this one like his last Twins of BRother... don't know what to say
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Actually, I don't particulary think Gillian Chung is that cute. Don't understand why Edison Chen and Shawn Yue were rumoured to be fighting over her.

Rumors. I think she looks better than Charlene. I think Charlene is more the cute type.. and Gillian is more the pretty less hyper type. ( in terms of look i mean)

Btw, there is two parts to the story, Xue Shan Fei Hu ( Flying fox of snowy mountain) and Fei Hu wai zhuan ( Young flying fox) , anyone know if this series is gonna be made into one entity like the other versions?

Also, someone said Ady might look too young for Nie Yuan. Actually, the Hu Fei met Miao Ren Lan near the end of XSF. I believe she was suppose to be 17-18 while Hu Fei was at least 10 years her senior? ( 28-ish) SO I guess that should look right.

FBB as Nan Lan.. hmm...... she kind of looks too young. but we'll see.

The thing is, I think Nie Yuan will take Hu Fei's role? how about Hu Yi dao? and are the other casts confirmed or rumored?
    Last edited by Sugar; 01-14-06 at 02:37 PM.

I don't say charmaine is not beautiful or cute...but I had seen the Charmaine version...omg, she can't act... (her acting is improve, but at that time...oh no..)

I think that they will gave athena more more screenplay than original book...because she is female lead...
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

I suppose. Charmaine was wooden back in the 90's. Athena, well her role was only main at the beginning half.

I have to agree with Sugar gillian is too cute and pretty to be playing that role, her role involves lesser beauty but greater acting skills then most of other roles, plus I can't really imagine gillian as an annoying girl who always follow nie yuan around...I think she will be better playing as Ady's Role or even better Athena's character.....

People I want kicked out::
    1. Ady
    2. Athena

one had already pair up with nie yuan and the other one doesn't fit in to any role, will except gillian's role maybe...

People who I want in::
    1. Yan Kuan (speacial guest)
    2. Hu bing
    3. the main guy in Lin Shen Kuet...(forgot his name...)
    4. Liu Tao (As Hu fei's mother)

and more but I'll try to remember their names...
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Quote Originally Posted by Rachealyuen
    I have to agree with Sugar gillian is too cute and pretty to be playing that role, her role involves lesser beauty but greater acting skills then most of other roles, plus I can't really imagine gillian as an annoying girl who always follow nie yuan around...I think she will be better playing as Ady's Role or even better Athena's character.....

People I want kicked out::
    1. Ady
    2. Athena

one had already pair up with nie yuan and the other one doesn't fit in to any role, will except gillian's role maybe...

People who I want in::
    1. Yan Kuan (speacial guest)
    2. Hu bing
    3. the main guy in Lin Shen Kuet...(forgot his name...)
    4. Liu Tao (As Hu fei's mother)

and more but I'll try to remember their names...
    really? I'm not sure if Ady is filming this.

Anyways, Gillian don't seem like she would fit. I don't know if the cast in confirmed ( except for Nie Yuan)

so, the cast isn't confirm yet??? only nie yuen had confirmed...and others will be change?

Well I hope that all the Female will be changed, or role-swap...coz I can't hack this casting...why can't they just grab simple and elegant girls for nie yuan, what's wif all these so-call-pop starz...Except Fan bing bing...of course (I know I'm Bias, but hey I'm her fan)...but I think if gillian is in this show then more teenagers will acknowledge that a handsome guy like nie yuan exist...you know what I mean...On another fact, all of the male cast like Alex Fong are great...keep them, let them be there...
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

I think that athena is not bad for him...her acting is good...but so...i think that she is liitle bit too old for him... ...

any news on who might be playing ma chun hua? wasn't she an important character in the novel as well?

now, let me get some stuff straight, fan bing bing might be playing nan lan? as in, ruo lan's MUM? ie she'll be pairing with both alex and patrick? for starters, fan bing bing would definitely be too young for this role. now, isn't nan lan supposed be very beautiful, soft and gentle looking as well? i think fan bing bing is pretty, but she's not all that beautiful and she doesn't have that soft and gentle look. she looks more suitable for bratty and stubborn roles. as for her acting, im sure she'll be able to handle her role well, coz frankly her role doesn't require her to do much until towards the end when she has to confront ruo lan and face her husband again.

as for ady playing ruo lan. hm... her acting would be better than charmaine in ffosm 99, that's undebatable, but in terms of looks, i don't think ady is all that pretty.

i think athena should do well in her role. it'd be a pity that she'll have to be a nun (that is if wong jing is faithful to the novel). i think she'll look good with nie yuan. speaking of him, i think he'll do well as hu fei. its just, he might be too old to play the younger hu fei, who comes out at the age of, i think 14.

someone posted earlier that hu fei is supposed to be older than ruo lan. yeah, from my calaculations, hu fei is about 12 years older than ruo lan. when hu fei first comes out at the age of 14, ruo lan is a baby at the age of 2.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

i don't read the nouvel...so i don't know that who is older than who...if hu fei has 14 years older than ruo lan...so athena is not good choice for this role...maybe a new young actress...

Hmmm I still don't ady for the role, I rather have someone lesser famous but suitable for the role...anyway ruo lan isn't all that pretty, she was just written as young, bright and kind...
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    i don't read the nouvel...so i don't know that who is older than who...if hu fei has 14 years older than ruo lan...so athena is not good choice for this role...maybe a new young actress...
    if hu fei has 14 years older than ruo lan...so athena is not good choice for this role...maybe a new young actress...
    athena is not supposed to play ruo lan, ady is. athena would be playing hu fei's first love.

as for the age difference i got that from reading the novel. well, the first few chapters. its in the wuxia translation section, someone has translated the first few eps. in the section they havent introduced the young boy as being hu fei, but from the descriptions and stuff im pretty its him. as for ruo lan, she would definitely be the baby that miu ren fong is carrying. in the last chapter i read, miu ren fonf carries a baby by the age of two to the shang mansion. hu fei and his uncle are also there. in the chapter he's described to be a small pale looking boy by the age of about 14, if my memory serves me right. so that should make hu fei and ruo lan 12 years apart.

of course the main story is yet to happn until many many years later when hu fei is much older, aroun 18-20 i assume?? then by the end it'd be many more years later, coz ruo lan should be 17/18 i assume.

Hmmm I still don't ady for the role, I rather have someone lesser famous but suitable for the role...anyway ruo lan isn't all that pretty, she was just written as young, bright and kind...
    ohh, that part i wasn't sure about. but seeing how beautiful her mother was, i just assumed ruo lan would somewhat resemble her mother and be beautiful too.

as for being famous, i don't think ady is all that famous. she's still pretty new to the industry. maybe a small role like this can help her shine, coz she's pretty weak in her lead roles.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Knowing its Wong Jing, maybe he makes Yuan Zi Ci die off or something.

but Ruo Lan, i believe she was suppose to be beautiful. She was the beautiful, meek, and kind girl. Her mother was beautiful too .

The course of the story involves how Hu Fei grew up, his relations with people and his lovers.. and how he gew into Flying Fox.

oh...i think that athena will play ruo lan

Quote Originally Posted by da azn devil
    as for being famous, i don't think ady is all that famous. she's still pretty new to the industry. maybe a small role like this can help her shine, coz she's pretty weak in her lead roles.
    Ady has starred as lead in many of her series, even in her recent mainland works(eventhough she's just starting to branch into mainland), i think she's a fine actress. Anyway, it'll be alright for me even if she doesnt accept the role of MRL since i think the character won't do justice to her acting skills. But on the other hand, if it gives her exposure and more recognition, then by all means.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Ady has starred as lead in many of her series, even in her recent mainland works(eventhough she's just starting to branch into mainland), i think she's a fine actress. Anyway, it'll be alright for me even if she doesnt accept the role of MRL since i think the character won't do justice to her acting skills. But on the other hand, if it gives her exposure and more recognition, then by all means.
    yeah i know. MRL is kind of VASE-Duty. Does her no justice.. maybe it might hurt her too. People tend to hate actresses due to their roles.. and i am not even sure if the cast is confirmed yet. Already,. negative comments abotu ADy

I think Gillian should be the lead. She is by far most suited for the role. I mean, she's pure, beautiful, and innocent. Athena?? She is a bit too old of Nie Yuan and Ady? She's not that pretty compared to Gillian. Gillian should be given the opportunity to take lead in this serial...a pretty fresh face in the Ancient serial industry.

Do you guys know where we could vote for the leads or something because Athena as a lead....yawns~
    Last edited by endlessdreams; 01-17-06 at 02:13 AM.

Seems obvious the screenwriters are making some major changes to the original, judging from the cast. But I guess, it's not integral if a character was changed from homely to good-looking. They can always do some kind of ugly-duckling transformation, I suspect.

Didn't Gillian's partner in Twins play a part in the recent Chinese Tall Story that featured really hideous makeup?
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生