Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romance of the White Haired Maiden 《白髮魔女傳》

Post Romance of the White Haired Maiden 《白髮魔女傳》

Since no ever mentioned this series, i decided to make a thread for this series. I remember seeing this series a long time ago. ada choi was in it. if you would like to comment on this series, please do so by posting a reply.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-10-09 at 02:40 PM.

this was one of my favorite series...it was the saddest i'd ever seen as 13-year-old...i wish there was a way they would rerelease it at my video store, so i could watch it again...

just in case you miss it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZDDKTl_1RQ
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Yay I loved this series! Especially Timmy Ho =P

Don't remember much of the series except the dresses Ada wore. Very bright and pretty.

Sad at the end of part one. A happier ending in part 2 for Ada's character.

I remember vaguely that there was a part 2 but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Spoiler:
    Ada's character finds out that Timmy's character stayed to guard a flower until his death. She creates an avalanche is dies with him.
    Last edited by hkopinions; 03-03-07 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    Sad at the end of part one. A happier ending in part 2 for Ada's character.

I remember vaguely that there was a part 2 but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Spoiler:
    Ada's character finds out that Timmy's character stayed to guard a flower until his death. She creates an avalanche is dies with him.
    Guard a FLOWER?!?! Why?

Talking

There was part 2 to this series??? Hmm...I watched this series long time ago too but don't remember the ending either

Ada's character named was Luye^.n Nghe^. Thu*o*`ng right ???

I remember either Mainland or the Taiwanese re-make & modified this movie by adding in more characters and make Ada Choi's character have a student named Ca'c Ba Nha~ or Phi Ho^`ng Ca^n, or Red Scraft (Ada was not in this movie), the series was called in vietnamese : Ta'i Ngoa.i Ky` Hie^.p . In this series, that student Phi Ho^`ng Ca^n later on turned into gray hair too, and her student didn't had white hair b/c she found her true love.

Sorry I don't know Chinese, I'm throwing a lot of vietnamese names in there

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

MY GOSH how can i miss this thread?? i dont know theres a thread for Romance of White Haired Maiden....its one of my fav series of all time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Guard a FLOWER?!?! Why?
    dont you remember from the series that the flower is supposed to return Yuk Luo Sat's hair to black again? its the very last part when Yat Hong met with the doctor who treated Ngok Ming Ngor and he told Yat Hong about this flower which supposed to be able to heal any disease in the world....

YatHong sees this as an opportunity to seek for her forgiveness for what he's done to her, so he guards this so called flower that only blooms once every 10/20?? years.....

hkopinions: there is part 2? how come i never heard of it? when was it released and how many episodes are there?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-04-07 at 10:08 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Ada Choi as Yuk Luo Sat/Lin Ngai Seung
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/white87.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/white99.jpg')
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-03-07 at 04:07 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Im sorry if the quality isnt that great.....it's all i can find on Romance...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/white89.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/white4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/Da1stGhostdart/white5.jpg')
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-03-07 at 04:36 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Yeah, there was a part two but I don't think it is from the same company. I don't really remember much but Ada and Timmy are not in it.

TiffTiff actually explained part II.

Something about Ada has one or two students. She falls in love and falls in the same tragic fate as her sifu. At the end, the guy the student falls in love with tells Ada's character that Timmy's character actually loved Ada. He had been guarding the flower ever since their last encounter. He is really old now and waited till the flower bloomed. However, he frozed to death. Ada's char finds out and she cries (very sad, i cried buckets). Ada's char then causes snow to fall on them and bury the two so they can finally be united, (just like Ada's sifu and her love did in the cave in part I). The flower was left for Ada's student. I think it ends, the student riding off on a horse still white-haired. Her lover rides after her with the flower?

I watched it when I was really young and can't really remember details of part II. It made part I less tragic. Anyone know any info on the remake or part II?

What year was this series produced? 90's?
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

well there wasn t a part 2 that tvb made i actually like tvb s version the best. the casting and acting was great.i wanted them to make a part 2 with ada but they didn t.

Something about Ada has one or two students. She falls in love and falls in the same tragic fate as her sifu. At the end, the guy the student falls in love with tells Ada's character that Timmy's character actually loved Ada. He had been guarding the flower ever since their last encounter. He is really old now and waited till the flower bloomed. However, he frozed to death. Ada's char finds out and she cries (very sad, i cried buckets). Ada's char then causes snow to fall on them and bury the two so they can finally be united, (just like Ada's sifu and her love did in the cave in part I). The flower was left for Ada's student. I think it ends, the student riding off on a horse still white-haired. Her lover rides after her with the flower?
    It sounded good, i love tragic stories, tragic with some action spices of course, not much a fan of a romance stories....however, i cant imagine the series being made without Ada, Timmy i can bear with, but without Ada?wonder if the actors were good in it....i dont think i'll find this series tho, ive been looking for Ada's Romance of The White Haired Maiden and am still searching, what are the chances that i'll come across this series which few ppl know of?

thanks for summing it up for me, hkopinins, ...appreciate it, i didnt read what TiffTiff was talking about, those Viet-named characters are real distraction....

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    i wanted them to make a part 2 with ada but they didn t.
    too bad, huh?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-05-07 at 03:56 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Smile

Yeah, there was a part two but I don't think it is from the same company. I don't really remember much but Ada and Timmy are not in it.

TiffTiff actually explained part II.

I watched it when I was really young and can't really remember details of part II. It made part I less tragic. Anyone know any info on the remake or part II?

Yeah, I think you & I are talking about the same series. The part 2 where they make the movie/serie into the Quing theme, the period where guys wore braids w/ half bald headed

That series had a bunch of unknown actors, I'm sure it was not TVB . The girl that played Ada's student were pretty. Ada and Timmy were not in this series. I feel pity for Ada's student though.

TiffTiff you got in screenshots of the second part? I can't seem to find any information on the second part. It probably has a weird name cause it is not in the tvb database so it must be by another production company. The second part starts off with a kid visiting Ada's char and her students. The kid is somehow related to Timmy's character. The student and kid falls develop good memories at the beginning (i think). He returns later when he is older to find her.

Another clue for part 2, the series does start in the Qing dynasty. In part I, the Manchus were attacking China's borders. So I guess they take over some years after part I ends. From what I remember the guys in part II had braided hair but it wasn't half bald so it is not made by Taiwan (like HZGG). I always thought it was TVB but no one seems to know about it.
    Last edited by hkopinions; 03-05-07 at 03:14 AM.

There is one series with Julian Cheung and Shui Ling but it isn't part II. It is just a butchered version of part I by Taiwan.

It is quite possible that you are referring to the 90s Singaporean series titled The Legend of White Hair Brides, which takes place in the Qing dynasty. Only other series I can come up with that continues the story is Seven Swordsmen but that obviously can't be it.

Here's the opening theme video to that series I mentioned:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_fcdHabOs

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    Here's the opening theme video to that series I mentioned:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_fcdHabOs
    Whoa, I never thought there was a series like this but whoa....I'm suprised. And there is three white-haired maidens? Now that is just interesting... I don't think I got to see a lot of Singaporean series even a decade ago.

Thanks Dagger Lee for sharing the clip.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.