Thread: What if crazy old Au Yeung Fung had raised Yeung Gor?

Default What if crazy old Au Yeung Fung had raised Yeung Gor?

West Poison Au Yeung Fung might have adopted Yeung Gor as his surrogate son, and the two were as affectionate as any biological father and son pairing would be, but nevertheless, they didn't spend much time together. Au Yeung Fung never really raised Yeung Gor (the streets did, and to a lesser extent, Little Dragon Girl did).

But what if Au Yeung Fung had actually raised Yeung Gor? Being mentally unwell, could he have provided for his son? I know that with Au Yeung Fung's martial arts skill, he could definitely protect Yeung Gor from anybody who might try to bully him (and of course, teach him great martial arts skills), but beyond that, could he feed/clothe/shelter/educate Yeung Gor? What kind of man would Yeung Gor grown to have been if raised by Au Yeung Fung (the crazy, kindhearted Au Yeung Fung of ROCH, not the coldblooded villain of LOCH)?

I think he would grow up fine, except he would not be fighting for his country, he would still be well off, because he did grow up mischievous.

A survivor he would be but he would not be the strong person he is today with his values intact.

Depends on the age I guess. He's lucky that when XLN took him in he's already somewhat of a teenager and have lived on his own for quite a while. Otherwise I shudder to imagine what kind of mental state he'll be in if raised from birth by a bunch of reclusive women that hates all men.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Yang Guo probably would have ended up alone after after a while if his godfather raised him. He was half crazy and didn't even recognize his son at one point. I think he even ran away from Yang Guo once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    What kind of man would Yeung Gor grown to have been if raised by Au Yeung Fung (the crazy, kindhearted Au Yeung Fung of ROCH, not the coldblooded villain of LOCH)?
    Kindhearted??? Is this TVB's brilliant revision?

YG would have been fine. He probably would have evolved into a East Heretic type with an eccentric temper. I don't think YG would have been able to escape the "evil" label, since he would learn the Toad Kungfu which his wulin peers know as an "evil" kungfu simply because it belongs to West Poison and because YG can be a rude a-hole to people. However, I don't think YG would be power-hungry and selfish like vintage West Poison was.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    Kindhearted??? Is this TVB's brilliant revision?
    He was kind to Yeung Gor, and mainly indifferent to everyone else. He hadn't become Mother Teresa, but he'd lost the malice he'd had in LOCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    He was kind to Yeung Gor, and mainly indifferent to everyone else. He hadn't become Mother Teresa, but he'd lost the malice he'd had in LOCH.
    I don't think based on kindness to YG alone, you can describe ROCH OYF as "kindhearted," while at the same time describing the LOCH OYF as "coldblooded." In terms of kindness to his "child, " the ROCH OYF was no different than the LOCH OYF, who also deeply loved his "nephew" like a good father should.
    This account is retired.

He would've died. Ou Yang Feng would've at some point pass on his reverse 9 Yin to Yang Guo. The only reason why Yang Guo didn't die from that in the actual timeline was because he had seen parts of 9 Yin in the tomb so he had reason to doubt Ou Yang Feng's version.

?

OYF didn't die after practicing the reverse 9yin for years, why would YG die?
    This account is retired.

?

OYF didn't die after practicing the reverse 9yin for years, why would YG die?
    hm... well... die or go crazy then :P

But OYF was a martial arts master with decades of experience... him being able to live through it doesn't mean that he can teach a teenager (although a very smart one) with almost no martial arts background except for HaMo Gong how to live through it, especially in his unclear state.

he would be strong of course, even au yern feng said he's smarter and learns faster than his dead son

I don't think YG would have been able to escape the "evil" label, since he would learn the Toad Kungfu which his wulin peers know as an "evil" kungfu simply because it belongs to West Poison and because YG can be a rude a-hole to people. However, I don't think YG would be power-hungry and selfish like vintage West Poison was.
    I don't think Hamo gung was ever considered "evil" or unorthodox. AYF's reputation for ruthlessness was enhanced by his use of poisons, not necessarily that his kung fu was "evil".

The one Great who was mistaken for evil was East Eccentric, partly because of his handle and partly because of the skewed version of 9 Yin White Bone Claws as practiced by his renegade students - ironically not one of his self-invented martial arts.