Page 106 of 108 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2148

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen: Survival of the Strongest Warrior in Wuxia

Quote Originally Posted by PJ

How about Survival of the Coldest Beauty?
    Sounds like an idea, how about the most breathtakingly beautiful female in Wuxia world, XLN should be in the Final Four in this category, with Wang Yu Yan, Princess Xiang Xiang, Lin Xian Er, Shen Bijun competing for the other 3 spots.

Where are the Seniors (Ken Cheng, TigerWong, Lav, Candice) they haven't posted anything for ages, nor have they participated in the newer games, glad Temujin came over from WuxiaMania once in a while to light up the forum

I was joking about the coldest beauty thing. That would be a game designed specifically for XLN to win. It's like if I wanted Yan 13 to win, I can do a Survival of the Ultimate Self-sacrificing Antagonist Swordsman
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet
    Sounds like an idea, how about the most breathtakingly beautiful female in Wuxia world, XLN should be in the Final Four in this category, with Wang Yu Yan, Princess Xiang Xiang, Lin Xian Er, Shen Bijun competing for the other 3 spots.
    Who is Shen Bijun? Any ads for her?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    But they still failed to save Duan Yu.
    They need more training in these matters...
    Well...to me, it is just a game and I feel no need to really do an *unnecessary* push for the winning. And I feel it is more fun if people keep talking to each other openly. I personally like reading people' post.

I probably need more *training* in the future game. But I personally don't like the secret PM exchange to win the game.

Their mistake is that they attracted too much attention onto Duan Yu. That's why I decided to eliminate him first, due to all the publicity that he was getting.

On the other hand, I didn't even take note of Water Matriarch, precisely because her powerful alliance was setup in SECRET. It worked.

DUring the entire game, I tried to minimize Yan 13's publicity. I think it worked up till Ji Xiang unfavorably posted Yan 13's high scores AND Han Solo shrieked for an assult on Yan 13 in the final round, since Yan 13 didn't get any negative votes the whole time that we played normally.
    Actually, I did aware that I and Han solo made people attracted to Duan Yu. Since I don't feel like exchanging PM to Han Solo just to win the game, I have no choice but talk to him openly (I think Han Solo may think the same thing as me too).

It is true that the secret set up of alliance could be the key to win the game. However, it doesn't make me feel *honor* and I don't want to do it. I think the game is more fun if we enjoy doing it as the whole group and talking/teasing during the game is my favorite part of the game (only voting is so boring). Only thing that make me feel a bit uneasy is about the changing and broking rule of the game.

I think my personality may be a bit straight and this part could be quite different from girl's personality. I think, for this type of game, the winning is not as important to me as fight fairly/openly and enjoying the game with others (both different or same sides of the game).

I also don't mind if others don't follow the rule except I may leave the game quietly...although I may be confused if anything, like changing rule or breaking rule, happen. Basically, many times (not all the times), I value the journey more than the destination.
    Last edited by Wu Xing; 02-22-06 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Xing
    I probably need more *training* in the future game. But I personally don't like the secret PM exchange to win the game.
    The only PM I received said, "Come onto MSN now."
    LOL!

Shen Bijun is in Xiao Shiyi Lang. She suppose to be the most beautiful woman in wuxia.

I recalled Temujin or someone said that Gu Long himself declared that Lin XianEr and Shen Bijun are the two most beautiful women in his entire universe, much like Jin Yong said Princess Xiang Xiang is the most beautiful creature in his universe.

Quote Originally Posted by thienthien00
    Shen Bijun is in Xiao Shiyi Lang. She suppose to be the most beautiful woman in wuxia.
    I recalled Temujin or someone said that Gu Long himself declared that Lin XianEr and Shen Bijun are the two most beautiful women in his entire universe, much like Jin Yong said Princess Xiang Xiang is the most beautiful creature in his universe.
    Pictures anyone?

Actually, I did aware that I and Han solo made people attracted to Duan Yu. Since I don't feel like exchanging PM to Han Solo just to win the game, I have no choice but talk to him openly (I think Han Solo may think the same thing as me too).
    Well, Swordwiz and I both supported Yan 13; yet we only exchanged 1 or 2 messages in the open. We never setup any secret alliance or anything like that either. The idea is to not attract TOO much attention, especially during the -3/+1 environment.

It is true that the secret set up of alliance could be the key to win the game. However, it doesn't make me feel *honor* and I don't want to do it.
    Agree.

I think the game is more fun if we enjoy doing it as the whole group and talking/teasing during the game is my favorite part of the game
    I did not like how some voters keep telling others how to vote. I think that kind of manipulation is a bit unecessary.

Only thing that make me feel a bit uneasy is about the changing rule of the game
    Sorry, that was my mistake.

Pictures anyone?
    Ask PJ, he might have a screen capture from those old Shaw Brother's films.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Xing
    I think my personality may be a bit straight and this part could be quite different from girl's personality.
    Hei, there are also guys in the sceret alliance!!
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The idea is to not attract TOO much attention, especially during the -3/+1 environment.

I did not like how some voters keep telling others how to vote. I think that kind of manipulation is a bit unecessary.
    Well...I just feel like it was fun to talk. Manipulation or not, it will go both ways either getting more support or the opposite way. To me, it is just the way to participate with people in the same (or opposite) sides while playing the game.

Btw, as I told you eariler, I choose to support Duan Yu mainly for fun in playing not winning. As you may see, I had put many of my votes to Xiao Feng to make him survive. I don't feel bad if Xiao Feng win or Water Mom win (but I will go against Water Mom instead of Xiao Feng since I'm more JY fan). For Yan13, I feel like removing the score mainly because you made me *attracted* to Yan 13.

And, I also aware that people are all different.
    Last edited by Wu Xing; 02-22-06 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Hei, there are also guys in the sceret alliance!!
    Ooops...I mean that my personality is probably too strict in this aspect.

Pictures anyone?
    Pictures don't do these women justice since none of the actresses playing them can come near the heavenly beauty they are described in the book.

Don't know why the adaptation makers always find the most gorgeous girl to play XLN and WYY, but when it comes to the actress who played Princess Xiang Xiang, they didn't bother. I think the most beautiful Princess Xiang Xiang should be Candice Yu.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Pictures don't do these women justice since none of the actresses playing them can come near the heavenly beauty they are described in the book.

Then any excerpts with graphical descriptions from the novel?

Ask PJ, he might have a screen capture from those old Shaw Brother's films.
    Indeed I do. Source: www.hkmdb.com

From the movie SWORDSMAN AT LARGE (1971), here is actress Margaret Hsing Hui as Shen Bijun

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkmdb.com/db/images/movies/5262/SwordsmanatLarge+1971-2-t.jpg')

From the movie SWORDSMAN AND ENCHANTRESS (1978), here is actress Lily Li Li-li as Feng Si Niang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gotterdammerung.org/film/reviews/s/swordsman-and-enchantress/swordsman-and-enchantress-01.jpg')

and Little Master (whom I think is incredibly charming)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gotterdammerung.org/film/reviews/s/swordsman-and-enchantress/swordsman-and-enchantress-03.jpg')
    Last edited by PJ; 02-22-06 at 10:57 PM.

Indeed I do. Source: www.hkmdb.com

From the movie SWORDSMAN AT LARGE (1971), here is actress Margaret Hsing Hui as Shen Bijun

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkmdb.com/db/images/movies/5262/SwordsmanatLarge+1971-2-t.jpg')

From the movie SWORDSMAN AND ENCHANTRESS (1978), here is actress Lily Li Li-li as Feng Si Niang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gotterdammerung.org/film/reviews/s/swordsman-and-enchantress/swordsman-and-enchantress-01.jpg')
    That Feng ShiNiang is nowhere no near beauty, but we're talking about Shen Bijun here not Feng ShiNiang.

PJ, why don't you show the actress who played Shen Bijun in the 1978 film adaptation. I believe Ching Li played as Shen Bijun.

That Feng ShiNiang is nowhere no near beauty, but we're talking about Shen Bijun here not Feng ShiNiang.

PJ, why don't you show the actress who played Shen Bijun in the 1978 film adaptation. I believe Ching Li played as Shen Bijun.
    It says that Ching Li played a Mrs. Lian?

Athenu Chu played as Shen Bi Jun in the 2002 adaptation of Xiao Shi Yi Lang series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.snowblue.net/eleven/photo/autograph-athena.jpg')

It says that Ching Li played a Mrs. Lian?
    Mrs. Lian = Shen Bi Jun

Shen BiJun is Lian ChengBi's wife