Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Safe Guards 《鐵血保鏢)》

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    Well, from my days of playing "Railroad Tycoon", they started from the 1820's, so after 40 years I guess they'd be pretty developed. Googled it and got this interesting timeline - http://www.sdrm.org/history/timeline/

Yes, I do admire the geniuses of our time - so many things that we can't live without nowadays like computers, television, cars, trains, mobile phones....

actually...i think we could easily live without them but it's just that we're so used to them that we can't bear to live without them. you could easily imagine me without trains or cars to take me to school...

wow cool info! thanks em!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Why didn't Elaine have another baby? It was so many years after her first kid and it doesn't seem likely she had another one (it didn't show it at the end).

..i loved the ending..everything eventually worked out..althouugh sum ppl died!!..and i have to say that elaine is improving..and i hope she will continue too..steven rocked in this seris agian..is crying skills are amazing..lol ...overall dis was a great sereis

well the uncles are childless too... guess it's tvb's style of saving cameo fees
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

cherrie well the uncles are childless too... guess it's tvb's style of saving cameo fees
    haha i agree and if they has then it would become complicated
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

yes more story and the shang family's actually considered big
    cherrie

This is one of the best TVB series produced this year. The plot and casts are good.

It has also a twist in the last episode.

I recommend this show. Usually the old settings shows are much better than the modern setting.

Anyone knows the writer of the story/show? And what other shows has he written.

Thanks.

i agree. hm im wondering though, this series seems to be low budget. but im glad it still turns out to be really good
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    i agree. hm im wondering though, this series seems to be low budget. but im glad it still turns out to be really good
    This series is suppose to be a 20 episode series and 20 episode series usually doesn't use too much money. 30 episode+ series are usually the ones who uses the most money (like WAB and LWOLAP).

I'm up to episode 8, but still doesn't find the series very interesting.

I agree the story so far is very well written but it just doesn't capture my interest. Maybe the subject matter is not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-11-06 at 09:34 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I'm up to episode 8, but still doesn't find the series very interesting.

I agree the story so far is very well written but it just doesn't capture my interest. Maybe the subject matter is not my cup of tea.
    Well..maybe but even you agree that the story is good

I know you like Wuxia...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I know you like Wuxia...
    I also like The Academy, Yummy Yummy, Revolving Door of Vengence, Blood Of Good An Evil, Shine on You, Aqua Heroes, Heart Of Fencing and a whole load of other modern series.

On the other hand, I also think TOB sux, Lofty Water Verdant Bow and Crimson Sabre mediocre.

Although I have a preference for wuxia series, I don't autolike wuxia series. Neither do I autodislike non-wuxia series.

I admit that I don't like the Qing Dynasty costume and hairstyle very much, but I can still like Qing Dynasty period drama like Find The Light and Real Kungfu.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

guess it really depends on the story itself
    cherrie

This is one of the best TVB series produced this year. The plot and casts are good.

It has also a twist in the last episode.

I recommend this show. Usually the old settings shows are much better than the modern setting.

Anyone knows the writer of the story/show? And what other shows has he written.

Thanks.
    haha dude it is only the beginning of the year there are more to come

guess it really depends on the story itself
    i agree
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    haha dude it is only the beginning of the year there are more to come

i agree

he said one of the best and i don't doubt that this won't be one of the best tvb series to be coming out this year.

he said one of the best and i don't doubt that this won't be one of the best tvb series to be coming out this year.
    maybe true but we have to take into account the other series especially those longer ones that will be coming out later

yes don't think so also. there's been too many underrated series of tvb. and i think this will be one of them. the tvb anniversary's still several months away. by that time, the people had already forgotten about this series
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    yes don't think so also. there's been too many underrated series of tvb. and i think this will be one of them. the tvb anniversary's still several months away. by that time, the people had already forgotten about this series
    yeah a comedy series is most likely going to win...or maybe adop or wad...

and series released earlier don't get awards so i expect lwolap to go home empty handed too
    cherrie