Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer

Look people, I know you're excited about all this, but try to refrain a little from even semi-spoilers like that. I can easily think of several other plausible theories myself, but I'm keeping myself from even giving out potential spoilers.

I'm being a bit of a prick here but I do hope you understand what I'm trying to get across.

I'm guessing YBQ is LHC's secret lover. Forbbiden---teacher, student....like ROCH. You guys are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by adamwesttl
    I'm guessing YBQ is LHC's secret lover. Forbbiden---teacher, student....like ROCH. You guys are idiots.
    No, its his Master-Wife. She how she still worries for LHC even when her husband blames him for all the bad things? What a treacherous pair!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    No, its his Master-Wife. She how she still worries for LHC even when her husband blames him for all the bad things? What a treacherous pair!
    Fool! Can you not see the deception? YBQ is hateful because he's hidding his twinkle twinkle fairy love for LHC. Genius!

What are spoilers?

If you ask me, I never pick up any book without knowing whats it about first and without knowing a summary of what will happen. I think its just a waste of time if you pick up a book and spend hours reading almost all of it the find out its a very boring book. I remember when I read Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace, it was recommended by many people as being a good book but when I nearly finished it (after spending about 2 days) that I didnt like it, I thought those 2 days were just wasted out of my life. Same thing for Pride and Prejudice, Vanity Fair, etc. They are some of the worst books anyone could ever read. I would've appreciated then if someone told me what was gonna happen. If I find any story or book interesting, I would read even if I already knew the outcome because I want to know every detail that happened.

For example if someone were to tell me that YG and XLN would end up being together in the end in ROCH, and I havent read the novel yet, I'd still read it because I would want to know how they got together.

Well no offence to anyone, but what I consider as spoiler is when someone tells me all the little details and not letting me find out for myself. Not when someone is just giving me hints or playing guessing games with me.

It's fine if you like to be spoiled. No one will fault you for that.

What we will fault you is not having the courtesy of letting other people decide that for themselves.

Er... no flame war? Pretty please? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    It's fine if you like to be spoiled. No one will fault you for that.

What we will fault you is not having the courtesy of letting other people decide that for themselves.

ChronoReverse, you're an idiot. You're getting annoying. what are you talking about "we"? I don't see anybody hissing except you. It's nobody's fault. Now calm down before i tell everyone you whine like a girl........too late...

Fine. I don't like being spoiled. So don't do it.

Isn't that the kind of respect one can ask for?

And what do you mean whine like a girl. Does being a girl automatically mean whining? Aren't you dangerously close to being sexist here? Furthermore, where have I been impolite at all? Neither mysterioux nor I were flaming each other. What prompted you to jump in with an ad hominen attack?

In any case, if you want information, you can ask for it via pm and I'm sure people would be happy to tell you. There's simply no reason to put it out in public in the translation thread itself. Anyways, I'm probably breaking some rule or getting close to it so I'll drop it.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 06-17-06 at 03:44 PM.

Ahh keep your pants on. I think MYSTERIOUX is missing some letters in his alphabet soup anyway. That guy is a few branches from being a tree....YOU'RE right, lets drop the nonsense. We here to read not debate.

oh about the whining...I standby my statement.

ChronoReverse, you're an idiot. You're getting annoying. what are you talking about "we"? I don't see anybody hissing except you. It's nobody's fault. Now calm down before i tell everyone you whine like a girl........too late...
    I think someone else needs to calm down... and who likes spoilers anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by s4life
    I think someone else needs to calm down... and who likes spoilers anyway?
    ChronoReverse, I see you let lose your girlfriend to attack me. Why don't u put a leash on your girlfriend, stupid4life. If you two girls are done barking i would like to continue reading this novel.

ChronoReverse, I see you let lose your girlfriend to attack me. Why don't u put a leash on your girlfriend, stupid4life. If you two girls are done barking i would like to continue reading this novel.
    err.. being a bully and calling people you don't know idiot and stupid. Nice way to let everyone know your age. I'll take the high road though... enjoy the name calling while it lasts.

I think maybe everyone can put spoiler words in the beginning of their comment if some scared of spoiler. But, of all the comment, it seems like everyone is guessing the possible outcome. As for me, actually, I don't have much exitement reading this novel as I have seen the series before. So, basically, I already know much of the storyline but just want to see any different between the tv adaption and the novel.

ken2004, is it really necessary to say this novel is not exciting for you? I know that many people has seen series of Jin Yong's books and are reading the translation just to know the difference. And some are reading it because they don't know the story.

But do you really need to say that out loud? Do you know how time consuming and hard it is to translate the novel?

That comment was unnecessary.

"Those who think they know everything, annoy those of us that do."
    Applies to nobody else more than you. No wonder you put that in your signature to remind yourself how annoying you are.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 07-02-06 at 12:59 AM.

Hey, I want to read the novel. Stop fighting please. Otherwise, if you guys want to continue this quarrel, then, use PM instead.
    Last edited by Thai guy; 06-18-06 at 11:57 AM.

@pokit

I'm finding the the story gripping and I come every day just in case you've had the time to translate another excerpt.

I kinda keep hoping LHC to finally snap under all the pressure and go XXDF on everyone who annoys him. Too bad he won't do that since he's a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    @pokit

I'm finding the the story gripping and I come every day just in case you've had the time to translate another excerpt.

I kinda keep hoping LHC to finally snap under all the pressure and go XXDF on everyone who annoys him. Too bad he won't do that since he's a hero.
    I would have loved it if he XXDF'd Yue BuQun while yelling 'You like that *****! You like that? Who is not your student?!! Who is NOT your student!?"

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I would have loved it if he XXDF'd Yue BuQun while yelling 'You like that *****! You like that? Who is not your student?!! Who is NOT your student!?"
    You've watched too many Hollywood flicks

Pokit... this is IMHO, the best novel JY has ever written, and I am really glad you and hhaung are continuing the translation.. don't get discouraged by annoying/plain stupid comments, I am sure most people are very excited about this novel.