Thread: Should they remake the 1980's

Talking Should they remake the 1980's

I am 14 and watch the TVB of 1980 since of the poor CG back then should they remake some such as Kim Mu Tuk Ku Kau Pai (Kiem Ma Doc Cau Bai) or the Yang's Saga. Their CG is excellent now

First post in this forum ever....

yea actually i wouldn't mind seeing a remake of michael miu's dragon sword. that was a good series with good action

TommyH
    Unregistered

CGI is not really a good thing to like. A bit of CGI to express inner power is a good thing but as they overuse CGI it becomes a bad thing. But yeah I remember watching older versions of the Yang saga and all that and it was pretty good. It was just funny how all the brothers keep dying.

How true... they keep on dying.... why don't TVB make something like ATV's who's the Winner? O r something with cards I want a TVB show like that!

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by tru0001
    How true... they keep on dying.... why don't TVB make something like ATV's who's the Winner? O r something with cards I want a TVB show like that!
    A card-related series? Actually there is a card-related series. TVB spent a lot on The Shell Game (really old series about cards) and its many sequels. It was a good series.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

too much CGI sucks, it ruins the acting, plot, a minimal amount is good like HSDS 80s.
    it's a good thing they don't overdo CGI in the 80s, either they didn't had technology, or decided not to.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I really like Gu Long's 'Little Lee Flying Daggers - Lee Chum Foon' and 'Chor Lau Heurng'. I find the life of these two wuxia heroes are really interesting and I loved the adaptions of these books. It'd be great if TVB remade these with today's actors. I could just imagine Raymond Lam as Lee Chum Foon (but he'll have to wear a fake mustache to make him look old ). Who would be a good choice for CLH?

I also liked the Yang saga (I mentioned this above). But I just dislike the idea of putting a bunch of actors in it and having them dying after a few episodes. I remember TVB making a old Yang saga a long time ago with Michael Miu, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Francis Ng, Chow Yun Fat, and a bunch of old actors. But they all ended up dying. I doubt TVB could afford to put such an amazing cast together today.

But it wouldn't be such a bad idea if they included all of today's leads and make a super production.
    Last edited by TommyH; 03-10-06 at 10:57 PM.

I would like to actualli do Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils again... Kong Wah should try it. I want A Zhu to be the same actor...

Quote Originally Posted by tru0001
    I am 14 and watch the TVB of 1980 since of the poor CG back then should they remake some such as Kim Mu Tuk Ku Kau Pai (Kiem Ma Doc Cau Bai) or the Yang's Saga. Their CG is excellent now

First post in this forum ever....
    NO, CGI sucks! I can't stand new series because of many things but mostly due to the overused of crappy CGI. Look at the fighting these days, there's barely hand to hand fighting anymore and no choreography but just over-exagerrated chi power... BORING. I might as well watch Harry Potter.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    NO, CGI sucks!
    I'm opposite, I need the right amount of CGI. Too lil make them look weak(and crap) but too much of it look a bit fake IMO.