Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Series: 薛仁贵传奇 Legend of Xue Ren Gui starring Bao Jian Feng, Zhang Tie Lin...

Mainland maybe will make XueDingSan Legend. I'm more interest in Fan Le Fa & SueDingSan more.

i had see all two versions, the thing that i don't like that is Xue Ding Shan mother's..I like Xue Ren Gui wife's in history and also in the film, because she is the type of chinese women...doesn't talk or complaint any thing...all the things will be decide by her husband and also Xue Ding Shan...She loves all her daugther-in-law...she don't complaint or lover anyone than anymous...that is the cause that all her daugther-in-law are always respects her and love her...But in the two versions (taiwan and tvb-jessica), Xue Ren Gui's wife is a "talking women"...she talks alot, she complain anything, she like this girl, she doesn't like that girl...Oh...stupid women...

To lady zhuge :
    I am in episode 10, yes, Bao Jian Feng acting is good...he is know in the soldier...humm...he is so patient...if i am, i will quit that job....

SXL is also in here...he is cute...yet, he is good boy, he help Xue Ren Gui alot, i want to know that what will be happen with him after! thanks!
    Last edited by trieuminh; 09-05-06 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    i had see all two versions, the thing that i don't like that is Xue Ding Shan mother's..I like Xue Ren Gui wife's in history and also in the film, because she is the type of chinese women...doesn't talk or complaint any thing...all the things will be decide by her husband and also Xue Ding Shan...She loves all her daugther-in-law...she don't complaint or lover anyone than anymous...that is the cause that all her daugther-in-law are always respects her and love her...But in the two versions (taiwan and tvb-jessica), Xue Ren Gui's wife is a "talking women"...she talks alot, she complain anything, she like this girl, she doesn't like that girl...Oh...stupid women...
    Xue Ren Gui was very fortunate to have such kind and understanding wives (especially the first one). How many women these days would allow another woman to "share" their husbands?

It sounds like TVB and the Taiwanese version played into the typical annoying mother-in-law bit. There always has to be an obstacle between lovers in series. In this one, it was XRG's father-in-law. He was so rude and coldhearted! I couldn't believe how easily he got off in the end.

To lady zhuge :
    I am in episode 10, yes, Bao Jian Feng acting is good...he is know in the soldier...humm...he is so patient...if i am, i will quit that job....
    To be honest, the role of XRG is not a difficult one to play as he's the always righteous hero type of guy. The only thing I didn't like about him was how naive he was about ZSG and LDZ. Bao Bao did a good job, but the role didn't pose a challenge for him and his actual performance didn't really stand out more than anyone else's.

****SPOILERS****

SXL is also in here...he is cute...yet, he is good boy, he help Xue Ren Gui alot, i want to know that what will be happen with him after! thanks!
    Hmm...I don't think you're going to like hearing what happens to Li Jian Shan. He didn't get many scenes in the series plus his death was pretty cheap. He broke off all connection with his godfather and godmother after they drugged him, causing him to go bizerk during the fighting competition. Later he found out that ZSG was going to rebel against the emperor and that his godfather was also involved, but was then killed by LDZ's poisonous arrow.

Most of my favorite parts were in the first 2/3 of the series. The latter part after XRG was falsely accused of being involved in LDZ's daughter's death was not as good.

I love the ending song about the Hong Xiu Qiu!
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-02-06 at 11:10 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I watched a few episodes, initially I thought XRG is a very smart guy ... but now I think he is missing some screw in his brain .... he is just as slow witted as Guo Jing when it comes to people matter.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge

****SPOILERS****
    Hmm...I don't think you're going to like hearing what happens to Li Jian Shan. He didn't get many scenes in the series plus his death was pretty cheap. He broke off all connection with his godfather and godmother after they drugged him, causing him to go bizerk during the fighting competition. Later he found out that ZSG was going to rebel against the emperor and that his godfather was also involved, and but was then killed by LDZ's poisonous arrow.
    I love the ending song about the Hong Xiu Qiu!
    hum...this is the ending of a hero??? i really don't want he died...i hope that he will go far away...

i just download until episode 15...will be continue...thanks lady zhuge

No problem! How are you enjoying this series so far?
    I finally finished episode 36. I think despite ZSG and his people part, I like the first 30 episodes more. Everything that happens after Li Shi Min dies is good, but not that interesting. The story goes quite fast at the beginning, there is no dragging dialogue and storyline at all. Everything just goes straightforward to the point. How XRG meets his wife and his brothers etc. (Just wish they cut some of ZSG's parts)

I like the relationship between XRG and his brotherhoods a lot. Also his relationship with old officers and their families.

I also love to see how his wife and the princess understands him. Ok. I know this is not suppose to be a romantic story, but I just wish XRG and the princess has more scenes and dialogues together.

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad that they decide not to make XDS and XG's stories....

PS: I start to get sick of Zhang Tie Lin's usual role.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    yeah, I think only Chen dao Ming and Wang Gang are still up to their usual high standard, the rest of the so called top actors are deteriorating.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

I also love to see how his wife and the princess understands him. Ok. I know this is not suppose to be a romantic story, but I just wish XRG and the princess has more scenes and dialogues together.
    I think a major plus for this series compared to STYXZ is that it doesn't focus too much on romance. The love between XRG and his wives is shown rather than verbally (over)communicated. They're "huan nan zhi jiao".

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad that they decide not to make XDS and XG's stories....
    Having already produced the first two parts, Mainland will probably make a third part about XDS, FLH, etc.

Yeah, he's quite annoying in here. I couldn't even take him seriously most of the time. The best villain was Tie Shi Wen.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 09-07-06 at 04:29 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi, guys, I'd like to join the party since I am such a Bao Bao fan.

Anyway, I discuss with LZG in Bao Jian Feng thread, I really like the story of th is story. It's tight, fast moving and doesn't dwell on multiple angle romance. I agree, I like the first two third of the series. Ever since LSM died, the story turned downhill for me.

What i heard is that same company that produced XRG and Sui Tan Heros already has plan for XDS series. They want to cast Wu Yue who played Luo Tong here to be XDS. No idea who will play FLH.

Yeah, he's quite annoying in here. I couldn't even take him seriously most of the time. The best villain was Tie Shi Wen.
    I like Tie Shi Wen and his wife. They have awesome presense as the worthy foes for the hero, I don't even consider as villians. ZSG and LDZ, on the other hands, are pure clownish.

I like the relationship between XRG and his brotherhoods a lot.
    I enjoyed the brotherhood as well, they are really cute and animated, especially Zhou Qing and Li Qing Xian. ZSG's son in law, is also well acted, as the annoying yet pitiful anti-hero.

Do you guys want to know how XRG died in the book and Ping Shu stories? BTW, it's totally different then that in the real hitorical records.

Quote Originally Posted by jennie
    What i heard is that same company that produced XRG and Sui Tan Heros already has plan for XDS series. They want to cast Wu Yue who played Luo Tong here to be XDS. No idea who will play FLH.
    I'm glad to hear that. After seeing the conclusion at the end about XRG, XDS and XG, I thought they aren't going to make any other sequel.

I'm glad to hear that they're already planning part 3. I'm not sure how I feel about Wu Yue in the lead role. He's a good actor, but he already had a significant role in part 2 as Luo Tong, so a fresh face would be better.

I like Tie Shi Wen and his wife. They have awesome presense as the worthy foes for the hero, I don't even consider as villians. ZSG and LDZ, on the other hands, are pure clownish.
    Ji Chun Hua plays the villain in so many series and he's always bald! I liked Tie Shi Wen's wife too; she's the prettiest female in the series despite her teeth. Her death could have been more sophisticated though, like Tie Shi Wen's.

Do you guys want to know how XRG died in the book and Ping Shu stories? BTW, it's totally different then that in the real hitorical records.
    According to legend, wasn't he accidentally killed by his son?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I only like in Huan zhu gege, after that, not bad....oke for me....

I'm glad to hear that they're already planning part 3. I'm not sure how I feel about Wu Yue in the lead role. He's a good actor, but he already had a significant role in part 2 as Luo Tong, so a fresh face would be better.
    yes, i agree with you...Wu Yue is oke, but does he fix with this role??

Ji Chun Hua plays the villain in so many series and he's always bald! I liked Tie Shi Wen's wife too; she's the prettiest female in the series despite her teeth. Her death could have been more sophisticated though, like Tie Shi Wen's.
    yes, yes, he is the best one, i see until episode 20, i hate him...hahaha

According to legend, wasn't he accidentally killed by his son?
    yes, he killed by his son....so sad...

yes, he killed by his son....so sad...
    And I think XDS and FLH's son is the reincarnation of the evil guy that they killed because FLH was pregnat when they killed this guy and his soul went into the baby, then this son caused a lot of misery to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    And I think XDS and FLH's son is the reincarnation of the evil guy that they killed because FLH was pregnat when they killed this guy and his soul went into the baby, then this son caused a lot of misery to the family.
    yes, and this is the last reincarnation of the evil guy...
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

Hi, I'm new here and I've only just become a Bao bao fan after watching the Xue Ren Gui TV series. I'm eager to watch some other TV series with him in them. Does anyone know the names of the series where Bao bao plays:

1) Kang xi
    2) A hopeless emperor
    3) A bad guy?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Zeggence
    Hi, I'm new here and I've only just become a Bao bao fan after watching the Xue Ren Gui TV series. I'm eager to watch some other TV series with him in them. Does anyone know the names of the series where Bao bao plays:

1) Kang xi
    2) A hopeless emperor
    3) A bad guy?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Zeggence! Welcome. Have you been to Bao Bao's thread in the actors' forum yet?

1) Qing1 Tian1 Ya2 Men2 1 and 2 (He has alot more screentime in 1, though.)
    2) Zhi4 Zun1 Hong2 Yan2 (a.k.a. The Legend of Wu Mei Niang)
    3) Define "bad." He's a gueststar in Fu2 Lu4 Shou4 San1 Xing1 Bao4 Xi3 as a pitiable antagonist.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-26-08 at 05:58 PM. Reason: adding in tones per request
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thank you! Yes, I've been to that thread but unfortunately most of the pictures don't show up... I think it's probably because of my location that's affecting this? (I live in the UK)

Thanks for the names of the series, I shall buy them

3) Bad as in, well, I saw some people's posts about him playing a bad guy who's got spiked up blond hair...or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeggence
    Thank you! Yes, I've been to that thread but unfortunately most of the pictures don't show up... I think it's probably because of my location that's affecting this? (I live in the UK)

Thanks for the names of the series, I shall buy them

3) Bad as in, well, I saw some people's posts about him playing a bad guy who's got spiked up blond hair...or something...
    It's probably not your location, but rather in time some pics are no longer hosted on respective online sites.

The serial in which he has spiked blonde hair is called Zhen1 Qing2 Gao4 Bie2.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")