Thread: Luk Siu Fung's "hidden" martial arts: did he really have any?

Default Luk Siu Fung's "hidden" martial arts: did he really have any?

Based on the skills he exhibited in the LUK SIU FUNG novel series, Luk Siu Fung's martial arts were on par with those of such individuals as Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing. People who have read the novels, however, have often hinted that Luk Siu Fung had additional, untapped skills that, in fact, put him significantly ahead of the likes of SMCS and YGS.

Is this really so? How do we figure that he has such skills if he never shows them? What kind of skills are these? Even TVB's highly inaccurate THE NEW ADVENTURES OF LUK SIU FUNG (1986 series with Alex Man in the lead role) gave him a "secret martial art" called "Phoenix Dances Across the Nine Heavens," which was the title of one of the LUK SIU FUNG books, but not really the name of a secret martial art he practiced. In the series, the "Phoenix Dances" enabled him to defeat an enemy so powerful that Luk Siu Fung using his regular martial arts and Fa Mun Lau combined couldn't defeat.

So is there any merit to this idea that Luk Siu Fung had additional martial arts that made him much more powerful than he normally seemed?

I really dont know the answers to those questions, but I can say one thing. LXF always seemed to me to be a character who somehow always manages to win whatever confrontation he's in. The narrator often mentions how no one but LXF knows how good he actually is. Whenever Hua Manlou asks him whether he can defeat someone, he never really answers. I don't know whether he has hidden skills, but his actual level certainly seems hidden. While on the surface he would seem on par with XMCX and others, I feel there are often hints that he may in reality be much above them. He also seems very self-deprecating with regards to his own abilities.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

his martial arts names were called 'idea in heart' and 'twin pheonix light skill'. evidentally his lightskill was unmatched and his other skill was a sort of formless and creative skill. it was those kind of skills that relied on the users intelligence to come up with strategy as well to beat opponents rather then just moves.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/