Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lei hen jian 泪痕剑 - Ada Choi, Vincent Jiao

Quote Originally Posted by Damsel View Post
    The story itself wasn't that good imo. It was down right boring at times, but I was mesmerized by Vincent's performance. He was the character. I think it's his best performance to date.
    I actually find it quite entertaining to watch.
    Damsel, are the dialogues from the series taken directly from the novel?

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_g View Post
    I actually find it quite entertaining to watch.
    Damsel, are the dialogues from the series taken directly from the novel?
    I believe lot of the dialogue are taken directly from the novel.
    "And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart." answered the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Damsel View Post
    I believe lot of the dialogue are taken directly from the novel.
    Thanks! The dialogues were very deep meaning. It would have been better if they stay true to the novel and just use the whole book for the script instead. That would have been a much better Lei Hen Jian series.

is he the main actor? it seems several actors like Sunxing are acting as baddies when they used to act as goody-two-shoes. lol!! well maybe he got goooodddddd ratings for his role as Erlangshen in Baoliandeng.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

As a matter of fact, Er Lang Shen was considered as another one of Vincent's breakthrough roles after Li Xun Huan in Legend of Dagger Li. It's not that he's doing mainly villian roles now, it's just that he hasn't played an antagonist since Tears in Heaven. I mean it's always good to prove that you can play a variety of roles right? Instead of just the protagonist-type ones.

Thumbs up

This is one of the best wuxia series I've ever seen. Some people might find it boring cuz there's not that many acting/fighting scenes but I love the story line. The characters are all really interesting and most importantly, unpredictable. Definitely not your typical wuxia stock characters. Vincent Jiao is really impressive in this series. He's evil but has some enduring qualities so he's not a 2D villan. I haven't liked the roles that he's taken on recently but this one was a great choice. Ada isn't really impressive to me because I find her rather ordinary looking and not devastingly beautiful as her character is described to be. At first I thought the youn guy was just another pretty face but I was wrong. His character is fresh and you can't help but wanna be friends with this guy.

I'm up to episode 19 right now and I haven't skipped through any scenes or gotten bored yet. The dialogues are important and very revealing of the character's nature. I want to get my hands on a translated version of this novel. I heard this series really sticks to the novel and Gu Long's style.

Is this the same as the old TVB series Qing Feng Jian Ying? I found that series confusing and boring (although a very young Carina Lau as that poor dancer who became lame was extremely sweet).

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiigurl107 View Post
    As a matter of fact, Er Lang Shen was considered as another one of Vincent's breakthrough roles after Li Xun Huan in Legend of Dagger Li. It's not that he's doing mainly villian roles now, it's just that he hasn't played an antagonist since Tears in Heaven. I mean it's always good to prove that you can play a variety of roles right? Instead of just the protagonist-type ones.
    Exactly.
    Coco Sunxing, Vincent's co-star in 'Qi Xia Wu Yi' plays a number of evil roles as well as good roles.. It seems that in TW/China as an actor you need to develop your acting skills in both good and evil roles..
    Vincent was great in Bao Lian Deng as Erlang Shen and in Qing She Yu Bai She as Fa Hai. He portrayed both good and evil sides of Erlang Shen and Fa Hai extremely well. His acting in 'Wo Ai He Dong Shi' wasn't too bad either, being a man afraid of his wife (Chen Hao). Goodie goodie roles like Zhan Zhao can't really prove anything unless he can play a lot of roles, which he did. But I really like it when he acted in BLD and QSYBS. He was really cool!
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Exactly.
    Coco Sunxing, Vincent's co-star in 'Qi Xia Wu Yi' plays a number of evil roles as well as good roles.. It seems that in TW/China as an actor you need to develop your acting skills in both good and evil roles..
    Vincent was great in Bao Lian Deng as Erlang Shen and in Qing She Yu Bai She as Fa Hai. He portrayed both good and evil sides of Erlang Shen and Fa Hai extremely well. His acting in 'Wo Ai He Dong Shi' wasn't too bad either, being a man afraid of his wife (Chen Hao). Goodie goodie roles like Zhan Zhao can't really prove anything unless he can play a lot of roles, which he did. But I really like it when he acted in BLD and QSYBS. He was really cool!
    True. Though right now, Vincent is hoping to branch off and put a greater focus on modern series. This is not to say that he will stop doing ancient series, however. Magic Mobile Phone is his new series that is supposed to give him a breakthrough role in the modern genre. He plays a billonaire in Magic Mobile Phone. This new series is from the same creators that brough you Lotus Lantern. They also kept the same casts as well. I think there is already a thread up on that series.

So how's the series?

I stumbled onto the theme song and it's really catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMiQklWEtKk

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    So how's the series?

I stumbled onto the theme song and it's really catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMiQklWEtKk
    I don't know. I've watched 4 or 5 episodes myself and I still don't know what to make of it. The series adaptations for Gu Long's novels gives a very different feel entirely when compared to what you're accustom to with Jin Yong's series adapations. That opening intro does entice you to watch it, but when I watch the episodes, sometimes I don't understand what's going on and whatever the characters' motives are and stuff. I'm kind of sad that Ada's twin sisters character dies without meeting or knowing each other's existence.

I've watched a few Gu Long tv adaptations, and in the end, either the adaptations are poorly made or ruined by horrible acting, I just don't feel attached or find myself relating to Gu Long's characters at all. Even with Against the Blade of Honour(TVB), it took years and a mature eye to appreciate it. I watched Lu Xing Hu Die Jian with Adam Cheng, Norman Tsui, Allen something and well, I can't say I love that series, except I like some of the coupling in there. ATV's adaptation of the same Lu Xing Hu Die Jian completely changed some of the major aspects of the characters and story i.e. the names and backgrounds of the characters and called the series Swordman. Basically a trainwreck. I think there's several others I just can't remember. Um, like Xiao Shi Yi Lang....didn't like so much. The ones about CLH I like.

So yeah....Gu Long is hard to like and may take time to like. I guess. And it's possibly because I never read his novels so the discrepancies and the actors and actresses sometimes ruin my experience of GL.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Can somebody explain to me why Sima Chao Jun won't sleep with his wife anymore? I don't understand. She's obviously a very beautiful wife and he has two cute kids with her. She wants to keep a good marriage with him but him denying her is making her frustrated and so I don't understand why? I guess I'd have to watch more to find out.

Another thing about Gu Long, his characters you don't always understand on your first watch, you'd have to chew on it for awhile and understand their psychological reasons and other stuff. So I guess that's one of the postive things about GL. But...trying to just watch and understand the story is making me: .

I actually like Vincent in villainous roles. I love his role in Tears of Heaven. If you ever complain about Wuxia characters not taking baths a lot in the story or on screen, you don't have to complain here. Vincent sure loves his bathes. Especially in the first few episodes he's got that lady with a tattoo on her back to scrub for him in the nude. Jeez. Gu Long sure doesn't shy away from nudity.

Oh yeah, I would've like Wu Die and her sister to have met and it just seems pointless to have her character die so early. It'd be nice if people mistake the other sister as Wu Die or something. AH! Died too early.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-02-09 at 04:19 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am currently watching this series, too. But I only saw the first 2 episodes, so other than what I've read online, I don't seriously know what's going on, which give sort of a feeling of suspense that I like.

I seriously wonder if Gu Long writes this way, because it kinda is how I write, too. It's frustrating because motives are not revealed at first glance, and people are not what they seem. A lot of things is implied between the lines. (I have been told recently, that I come off as too vague in my fictions, which was what I was trying to achieve, so I see it as a compliment. )

Anyone find it funny that Max Zhang (Ada's husband now, but boyfriend then) plays a guy who is in love with her. They've been in several series together, and this is the first time at least one have a thing for the other.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I am currently watching this series, too. But I only saw the first 2 episodes, so other than what I've read online, I don't seriously know what's going on, which give sort of a feeling of suspense that I like.

For me, I just can't seem to comprehend what I'm watching fully for some reason. Some of the scenes happen and then change too quickly to fully grasp the meaning of certain scenes and so there's this confused feeling. It's not suspense I'm feeling.

Then there's time where the characters talk and stuff and feed us all this information and I'm left with huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    For me, I just can't seem to comprehend what I'm watching fully for some reason. Some of the scenes happen and then change too quickly to fully grasp the meaning of certain scenes and so there's this confused feeling. It's not suspense I'm feeling.

Then there's time where the characters talk and stuff and feed us all this information and I'm left with huh?
    I didn't feel there was fragmented changing of scenes, it's just they like to jump back and forth from different characters (at least in the first two episode). I think it's one of those shows where you have to really pay attention to the dialogue to understand everything. Though it's a bit off-putting when sometimes people would go into a monologue (like Vincent during that bath scene) and describe people in metaphors/poetry. It's interesting but weird, I think.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Junior Member girl_with_an_obsession's Avatar

this series was a bit too slow paced for me..but i enjoyed it overall, loved the dialogue
    it was very unique compared to some other series...and Vincents acting was amazing O.o

though i still got a bit confused at the end. So Gao Jian Fei was supposed to use the sword to kill his dad according to the prophesy, but he killed Zhuo Dong Lai...so is it because Zhuo Dong Lai and his dad a twin brothers or something? And also, ZDL was actually the younger brother who got 'squished' right? So the two old people were basicalaly lying to him and everyone, this whole thing kinda got started by them coz they wanted revenge on their master for disabling them?

I like Vincent Jiao in his ancient series. Not so much modern series. In The Tearful Sword, he looked like his age. Don't you think

I like ada choi but I don't like her character in this series...and I like vincent jiao in this one even though he's bad...I love his strong, elegence and he is just so cute! the way he acts make me like him all over again..i didn't like the plot in legend of dagger lee..though he was cute..
    So in love with Shao Feng(sword of romance), Dicky Cheung, Wallace Huo, Hu Ge, Vincent Jiao, Vincent Zhao, Steve ma.