Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Series: Da Ren Wu/大人物-Nicholas Tse, Liu Tao

Default New Series: Da Ren Wu/大人物-Nicholas Tse, Liu Tao, Angelica Lee

Tried searching for an existing thread to no avail. Anyway this seems to be a new adaptation by CCTV of the Gu Long novel of the same name. Couldn't find much else besides some pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/2006/4/2/207a8a4c9f064a04bfb6f7b1ce671eee.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/2006/4/2/ff4836bcac504159aac49fc1d04dbe49.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.nic-zone.net/000/20060402115707.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060330/Img242560310.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/2006/4/2/b738a7ddeb2a49e899d6574f8e5990f5.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.8mchina.com/Images/News/pictureSrc/2006/4/2/e77b8d8734704b449ed28459ddb5e487.jpg')

Readers of the novel are probably speculating about which of the two principle male leads Nicholas is playing. One of them is portrayed as always wearing a red scarf around his neck in the novel, and the other one is supposed to be rather average looking, or even a little chubby...

Don't quote me on this but I think this series just started shooting recently, so far too early to say when it'll be released n'all. As for a summary, I can only give a rough idea of the novel:

To avenge his love, a fearless young swordsman challenges a powerful gang of robbers again and again, despite suffering numerous defeats, ultimately succeeds in defeating them single-handedly. His story inspires countless youth, with young men all taking to wearing red scarves like their hero, and young women dreaming of a suiter just like him. One of these young women is the daughter of an influential nobleman, who has led a sheltered life, until she decides to go out into the world to meet the heroes of her dreams. Little did she expect that real life can be so very different from what she has learned in picturesque stories.

It has a lighter tone compared to GL's other novels, but at the same time consistently ranks among his better works. It kinda shows what the price for fame is, and the darker side of being a hero everyone looks up to, and how even an average person can seem heroic by doing what he believes in.
    Last edited by Siven; 05-23-06 at 10:00 PM.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Thanks for the pix! Yay, another GU Long adaption!!! I hope it is accurate to the novel.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

WOW!!! Liu Tao & Nic Tse??? Great, another series I will have to wait. I just love them, and now, they're actually starring together. Yay!! Wait, can anybody tell me the English/Vietnamese translation for that title? I'd really like to know. Thank you.

THe viet title translated word for word from the Chinese title is "Dai Nhan Vat". I am not sure if they will use the title for the VIet version though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    THe viet title translated word for word from the Chinese title is "Dai Nhan Vat". I am not sure if they will use the title for the VIet version though.
    Ah....nope. Haven't read/seen it yet. Hope somebody can give us a summary really quick. Thanks, hun! Liu Tao's awesome!

You are welcome! I haven't read this novel or seen any other adaptions either...

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    Ah....nope. Haven't read/seen it yet. Hope somebody can give us a summary really quick. Thanks, hun! Liu Tao's awesome!
    i agree...summary!

when is this series suppose to come out?

You know, i got to say that Nic looks handsome in white.. those pics remind me of Twin Brothers. with Dicky somehow
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    You know, i got to say that Nic looks handsome in white.. those pics remind me of Twin Brothers. with Dicky somehow
    I thought the same thing. Nic is really handsome, and I think it's smart of him to want to do serials now. Who knows, maybe it will lead him to a ZJZ production.

wow, i can't believe nic is in here. i love him in the legendary siblings. i wonder how good he looks with liu tao.
    "The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation form the self." - Albert Einstein

Currently Writing: Lotus in the Wind
    Dragon, Phoenix, and Flower

Is this story the same as the old one with Wu Jing in it?
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

ugly costumes

liu tao and nic??? kinda of an old couple if you think about it...but hey, i like gu long's works (minus the endings) and i find liu tao talented...and nic is a good looking guy so definitely looking forward to this. and yes, i agree, can someone provide a summary...ie what the original ending is? if it blows then i hope the writers alter the ending to a more satisfying one.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

According to the original novel, one of the main male character is rather chubby, unattractive, or even ugly looking to the main female character. I wonder if they going to change that aspect and make the main character good looking since Nicholas is too good to play that role.
    Can someone who read the whole novel spoil the ending of the novel since I never get a chance to finish it?

Liu Tao isn't good looking enough for Nic, not offense any of fans, but just think Nic is too good for her.
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

liu tao is a great actress and she stole the show (among the ladies) in semi-god demi devils...granted that her character was well written. furthermore, i find her beautiful...but i agree nic and liu tao don't really look compatible. liu tao looks more refined than nic.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

In the novel the girl ends up with the guy she originally brushed off due to his rather plain attributes. She came to learn that it's more important to have someone who loves her and can be relied upon at all times, rather than to pine after some elusive, heroic figure.

Reports so far have failed to reveal what roles the principle actors are playing, which is really strange. Supposedly Liu Tao's character passes off for a man, but I don't remember any character like that in the novel. But from that aspect I think she's probably not playing the original female lead in the novel, who also had a servant girl who was a lot more knowledgeable about worldly ways. Perhaps they enlarged that part?
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

is that angelica lee in the pics? looks alot like her

whoaaa Nic!!! i luv him in Amazing Twins. He really looks good in the ancient costumes and luckily he more focus in filming this year

another leading actor : YAN KUAN as QIN GE

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.igame.sina.com.cn/FileManage/agitAlbum/albumimage/20060419/2006419164213866.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.igame.sina.com.cn/FileManage/agitAlbum/albumimage/20060419/2006419164446887.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.igame.sina.com.cn/FileManage/agitAlbum/albumimage/20060421/2006421185229124.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.igame.sina.com.cn/FileManage/agitAlbum/albumimage/20060421/2006421185103816.JPG')
    ※ 下一站, 天王!! ※