Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

well the cgi aren't done horribly if thats what you mean. i believe it's perfect since these guys are trying to surpass the original and other remake with casting/story/setting/ost/cgi correct? i mean you wouldn't want this series to have like 80s graphics or something even worster u know. btw the trailer looks awesome i believe this series will surpass the original as well as other remake.

well, the cgi really isn't that great (esp when the eagles came out)...but it could be a lot worse. at least it doesn't look to horrendous as of the moment. i just hope they don't use too much of it...

yeah I didn't like him either. He was so UGLY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    LOL! True... All the while I'm thinking how the heck he landed the role
    i can't say that he is ugly,but definitely he is not suited as yangkang

2003 LOCH Yangkang was by Nick Cheung. He's not ugly but over acted his role and with wrong facial expressions.
    I think it's the fault of the director who made LYP over-retarded too.
    The same thing happened in ROCH06 when HXM over-acted and ended up a screaming monkey for most of the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    i can't say that he is ugly,but definitely he is not suited as yangkang

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    2003 LOCH Yangkang was by Nick Cheung. He's not ugly but over acted his role and with wrong facial expressions.
    The same thing happened in ROCH06 when HXM over-acted and ended up a screaming monkey for most of the first half.
    no way was it Nick Cheung, please don't insult nick cheung. It was Zhou Jie.

Nick Cheung, which version is that because surely not LOCH 2003? As mentioned above, Zhou Jie (the guy in HZGG that matched w/ Ruby Lin's character) played Yang Kang in LOCH 2003.

As for the upcoming LOCH (08? hopefully), it has potential. I personally like that choice of casting for many of the characters. While I like Sun Xing, I felt he looked kinda evil in the first trailer release and thus am kinda glad that Hong Qi Kong was replaced. He's a very capable actor with much experience (he was great in Revelation of the Last Hero w/ Aaron Kwok and ROCH with Andy Lau).

Can someone please let me know who the director or producer is (not so much his/her name but the works they have done) for this series so I can have a comparison.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 12-18-07 at 12:08 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Nick Cheung, which version is that because surely not LOCH 2003? As mentioned above, Zhou Jie (the guy in HZGG that matched w/ Ruby Lin's character) played Yang Kang in LOCH 2003.
    Nick has never played Yang Kang in any adaptation. He and Zhou Jie kind of look alike though, which is probably why Surferket got them mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Can someone please let me know who the director or producer is (not so much his/her name but the works they have done) for this series so I can have a comparison.
    He is HK director/producer Li Guo Li. His more recent representative works include Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang, Tian Wai Fei Xian, Chinese Paladin, Liao Zhai Zhi Yi, Liao Zhai Qi Nu Zi, and The Book and the Sword 2002.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who think LYP made GJ look dumber than he should. Same goes for HXM with his hyperactivity in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Nick has never played Yang Kang in any adaptation. He and Zhou Jie kind of look alike though, which is probably why Surferket got them mixed up.

He is HK director/producer Li Guo Li. His more recent representative works include Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang, Tian Wai Fei Xian, Chinese Paladin, Liao Zhai Zhi Yi, Liao Zhai Qi Nu Zi, and The Book and the Sword 2002.
    Oh! That's why when I looked at this picture I was reminded of Chinese Paladin and Fairy from Wonderland.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6558/1197627694129252815550zb6.jpg')

yeah, also li guo li plays in most of his series...he's yang kang(yuang hong) step father you could say, or the mongolian or whatever king. and all of his series the setting is always very nice so you could notice he puts a lot of effort on costumes, scenery, and fight scenes...

the Graphics imo is very good for chinese series... i mean if you compare them to american series movies of course they won't look as good since they spend over millions of u.s dollar...while chinese spend thousands. average chinese actor/actress barely make 50k u.s yearly and that alone is making them rich or live a good life. plus you don't watch these series for the cgi, u watch it for the character developments, drama, and acting. like 03 version...was good until casted wrong yang kang, making peng look dumb compared to his other roles and made guo jing look dumb, and ending the series so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    ... i mean if you compare them to american series movies of course they won't look as good since they spend over millions of u.s dollar...while chinese spend thousands. average chinese actor/actress barely make 50k u.s yearly .
    Where did you get this info? Chinese actor/actresses make only 50K/yr? Maybe unknown/newbies.... Anthony Wong (who plays Huang Rong's dad, aka East Heretic...in this new 2007 LOCH) makes about 150,000 yuan per episode...that's equivalent to 20K US dollar per episode.

Vicky Zhao Wei was rumored to make 200,000 yuan per episode, and starring in a 40-episode tv series will probably make her an instant millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl View Post
    Oh! That's why when I looked at this picture I was reminded of Chinese Paladin and Fairy from Wonderland.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6558/1197627694129252815550zb6.jpg')
    Ariel looks really pretty in this picture

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    What are you talking about? The water scenes in LOCH'03 took place mainly on Lake Tai (Tai Hu) which is true to the novel.
    The water look so dirty..... brownnnn....
    they should replace it with somewhere that look good...

hey anyone have the direct download of the 8 minute preview?

hmm.. Ariel is an OK Hoang Dung. Hu Ge is OK as Quach Tinh (if the director is going for the dumb look)

I personally think Zhou Xun and Li Ya Peng did a great job so this may be hard for Ariel and Hu Ge considering they are pretty .. pop looking.

The guy who plays Duong Khang is HOT!! I loved him in the Yang Brothers.

If it was up to me:

the role of DUONG KHANG (or Yang Kang) would be YAN KUAN. I mean this guy is HOTTTTTTT

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    the role of DUONG KHANG (or Yang Kang) would be YAN KUAN. I mean this guy is HOTTTTTTT
    It gets tiring to see Yan Kuan as a bad guy since he played so many villains already.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    It gets tiring to see Yan Kuan as a bad guy since he played so many villains already.
    you're absolutely right. I would like FOR ONCE to see him as a good guy who DOES NOT die in a serie...but I think he has this evil charm that always gets him cast as an evil yet DELICIOUS character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    yeah, also li guo li plays in most of his series...he's yang kang(yuang hong) step father you could say, or the mongolian or whatever king.
    No, that would be Singaporean actor Guo Liang.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    No, that would be Singaporean actor Guo Liang.
    oh yeah sorry wrong name ^-^. well man, this series looks awesome, don't know why people r saying the cgi is bad.. i mean compared to american series of course since they spend millions. but enough of that, judging by the preview i know everyone is going to love this series compared to the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    you're absolutely right. I would like FOR ONCE to see him as a good guy who DOES NOT die in a serie...but I think he has this evil charm that always gets him cast as an evil yet DELICIOUS character.
    Yes yes... Yan Kuan are very good playing Bad guy.. he was wonderfull.

i can't choose which one are more fit play yang kang. but either way, i don't had objection for both of them.

i wonder, how hu ge play a kou cing.. he did nice in "wonderland" series with ariel. but hu ge same time quite look like "dumb" in that series. i guess he will make a good acting.