View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ma Xiaoling from MDWAV

14 73.68%
  • Buffy from Buffy the vamprie slayer

5 26.32%

Thread: Ma xioling from MDWAV versus Buffy from Buffy the vampire slayer

Banned

Default Ma xioling from MDWAV versus Buffy from Buffy the vampire slayer

Who would win?

Buffy the vampire slayer (as at end of Season 7) versus Ma XiaoLing (none vampire version) the vampire buster in My date with a vampire.
    Last edited by Richrf; 04-16-06 at 04:09 PM.

I've only seen some episodes of Buffy and had never seen it to the end. So can you tell me what Buffy uses to fight vampires and etc? Does she powerup somehow? Any special abilities or powers?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

u talking "vs each other on a fight" or "which series u prefer more"?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    u talking "vs each other on a fight" or "which series u prefer more"?
    the poll ask who would win in a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I've only seen some episodes of Buffy and had never seen it to the end. So can you tell me what Buffy uses to fight vampires and etc? Does she powerup somehow? Any special abilities or powers?
    Buffy has augmented strenght and speed. Plus slayer training with Giles and years of experience in hand to hand combat as well as weapons fighting.

Banned

She just beats them up really.

Buffy is basically the chosen one, one girl each 'generation' (well it's more like three or four each generation given the way they die on average every 3-5 years but I digress) who has the stength and skill to fight vampires and demons.

She's super fast, super strong, great fighting instincts, heals faster than normal humans. How strong is she? Even Riley , a top special forces soldier enhanced with drugs is weaker than her.

Other powers that some slayers have, with further training are the ability to sense vampires , and at times they have prophectic dreams warning them of danger.

On paper Ma xiaoling doesn't seem to be stronger than any normal active human, say she's has strong as the SDU people who are near peak human in MDWAVIII. But she's probably more agile, the way she flies around but that isn't unusual in chinese series.

If it's a straight on fight where each is trying to kill the other, in theory I think Ma xiaoling would go down if it's just straight on fight with Ma xiaoling without prep.

But it depends, how much power/sorcery does Ma Xiaoling have over humans?
    Does her chielf power the dragon thingie work against humans?

Still, We have seen that there is this "freezing" spell that works on humans (though that probably works only if the target is very near and is caught unawares). She also seems to be able to make powerful hexes against the SDU team , making them hit each other whenever they curse her. But I think it was achieved only when she made the SDU members dream something.Are there other examples where she uses her powers on human?

If she can use these in a fight against buffy, Ma xiaoling should win.

But if it's a contest to see who can kill more vampires, Ma xiaoling should win hands down.
    Last edited by Richrf; 04-16-06 at 04:00 PM.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Ma Siu Ling relay too much off her "ghost buster equipment" but her special skills makes her quite strong espcially when is a vampire on MDWAV3!

Buffy have much more training, faster and use whatever she can see but not saying she don't have any special powers like Ma Siu Ling unless Buffy best friend Willow helping her out.

Ma Siu Ling has yinyang eyes to see ghosts and hey, her ghostbusting tools needs her powers to work, they don't just work by themselves. And MSL has been trained since she was a kid.

MSL relies on her own powers, she doesn't need a Willow to conjure up spells.

MSL has her powers and strength and the combined of Mo Yau so I bet MSL can beat Buffy in swordfighting.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-17-06 at 04:44 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Banned

Ma Siu Ling has yinyang eyes to see ghosts and hey, her ghostbusting tools needs her powers to work, they don't just work by themselves. And MSL has been trained since she was a kid.

MSL relies on her own powers, she doesn't need a Willow to conjure up spells.

MSL has her powers and strength and the combined of Mo Yau so I bet MSL can beat Buffy in swordfighting.
    Oh right , MSL doesn't use 'tao mu jian'. But even then i doubt she can win against buffy in a straight physical combat, she has to use some sorcery.

So if buffy broken everything in MSL's cute little toolbox, she would be helpless?

MSL handles ghosts more than vampires as the latter does not become widespread unless there are catastrophes occurring. Hence she will have more combat training with ghosts. As ghosts are beings that do not have physical form as humans do, it is only natural that they traverse at a way faster pace than humans.

With eyes and agility to deal with such beings, MSL has the capacity to put up a good challenge against Buffy, whose movement has only been suited to beings with a form, vampires.

However in terms skills, Buffy may excel as she is well trained in inflicting physical damage while MSL’s main focus are on using summons, spells and chants. Probably the only advantage MSL has against Buffy is the Dragon that protects her.

It will be an extremely long brawl to the extent where concentration is the sole key to success.

Wink

You seem very adamant that Ma Siu Ling would lose to Buffy. But Ma Siu Ling fights the supernatural "baddies" to protect people, I doubt we would even have this discussion on who would win the fight because neither would fight each other since they're fighting for the same goal. If anything, they'd become friends and exchange stories of their experience and teach each other of some of their specialties.

Banned

You seem very adamant that Ma Siu Ling would lose to Buffy.
    Who's 'you' ? Actually, currently i favour buffy, because I think the only way she can win is with sorcery, and I'm not sure if that works on humans in battle. Can someone convince me otherwise?

MSL also has that dragon thingie... Kind of like Guo Jing's 'Subdue the dragon 18 techniques' lol.

But Ma Siu Ling fights the supernatural "baddies" to protect people, I doubt we would even have this discussion on who would win the fight because neither would fight each other since they're fighting for the same goal. If anything, they'd become friends and exchange stories of their experience and teach each other of some of their specialties.
    Granted. Most versus fights between heroes would happen because of mind control, misunderstandings, arguments etc. But that's not the point. This isn't, "Why Ma xiaoling would fight Buffy" but "What if they fought...."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NeXoRiouS
    MSL handles ghosts more than vampires as the latter does not become widespread unless there are catastrophes occurring. Hence she will have more combat training with ghosts. As ghosts are beings that do not have physical form as humans do, it is only natural that they traverse at a way faster pace than humans.

With eyes and agility to deal with such beings, MSL has the capacity to put up a good challenge against Buffy, whose movement has only been suited to beings with a form, vampires.
    I give Ma xiaoling the edge on agility and mobility has posted already. But she would lose out in other areas. The reason why her strikes are so powerful is because of sorcery, not strength....

And if they want to compare strength it's no competition. Buffy could probably shatter her sword (wand?) with one strike.

However in terms skills, Buffy may excel as she is well trained in inflicting physical damage while MSL’s main focus are on using summons, spells and chants. Probably the only advantage MSL has against Buffy is the Dragon that protects her.
    The dragon protects her from harm??

MSL will always summon the dragon when in dire times. What I meant by protect is, by using such an offensive move, it would entail Buffy to be on defensive mode, even if its for a while.

Plus, the new dragon is Tian You's past life who loves MSL as well. I doubt he will allow anyone to harm MSL.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Richrf
    MSL also has that dragon thingie... Kind of like Guo Jing's 'Subdue the dragon 18 techniques' lol.
    That dragon can be beated tho......on MDWAV3 Fong Tin Ai got him down on 1 punch .... Buffy can beat the dragon from experience and training she has done.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Plus, the new dragon is Tian You's past life who loves MSL as well. I doubt he will allow anyone to harm MSL.
    When did that happen? I can't remember that!!! must be china fake version

I thought Arrow head was Tin Yau past life!!!
    Last edited by Gundam-Freedom; 05-01-06 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richrf
    Who would win?

Buffy the vampire slayer (as at end of Season 7) versus Ma XiaoLing (none vampire version) the vampire buster in My date with a vampire.
    u must got nothing to do.........

be nice skyking...its just some fun debate.

MSL will always summon the dragon when in dire times. What I meant by protect is, by using such an offensive move, it would entail Buffy to be on defensive mode, even if its for a while.

if ur going to allow Tian You's dragon to protect MSL then Buffy has Willow...a powerful witch who can end the world to protect her too.

if we're talking about straight fighting with MSL's magic then...i'm still leaning towards Buffy.

I'm going for Buffy, for very obvious reasons. I mean she does have improved strength, speed, reflexes and regeneration abilities. She is also good with a sword.....or a rocket launcher. Plus she has a witch, werewolf (although he is gone now), vampires, a Watcher (apparently with no powers) and a vengeance demon to help her. I'd say she has the upper hand, considering she saved the world many times.

Anyways, it is good to see another dedicated Buffy fan here.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”